I Can *Baerly* Stand This Guy Anymore

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 9, 2019

According to Henry Schulman, Bear has strong armed his way on this one. The right field wall will come in only 4-6 feet and the fence will come down a damn foot. This is SO STUPID. This guy shakes his wife to the ground, he should have been kicked out of the front office for good. But no, he gets a slap on the wrist, about a 1/10th of what his bride got. Then he comes back and overrules Young Z who was planning on doing the reasonable thing and moving those antiquated fences into at least view of the naked eye…..

1. Flavor said, on November 9, 2019 at 7:43 am

lol, my views seem to have evolved over the last 9 years

• gianthead said, on November 9, 2019 at 11:52 am

I was not going to mention it….I am still all in in the peace the park alone camp..m

2. unca_chuck said, on November 9, 2019 at 8:02 am

Moving the yellow line. That’s about the extent of the changes.

3. willedav said, on November 9, 2019 at 8:49 am

well lot of things different btw 2010 (read through some of thread Flav posted, wild) and 2019 baseball.
    Giants hit 162 bombs, which was good for 6th best NL. 3 guys with .500 slugging including Posey. Giants were plus 100 run differential, mostly due to #1 ERA in NL at 3.36 and only allowed 134 bombs.

This past year they hit almost same and were 13th, but allowed 227 11th worst and run differential was -95.

As was noted what’s being done isn’t much help to hitters and yard will still be pitcher friendly. 2 sides of equation to fix–score more, allow lot fewer runs.

4. alleykat69 said, on November 9, 2019 at 9:08 am

I would love to wring Baer’s neck! Always looked at him as a lowlife weasel!”The Eddie Haskell of the neighborhood that just cons his way thru life”

5. sandog said, on November 9, 2019 at 12:26 pm

The thing with Baer and his wife doesn’t bother me much. Unfortunate incident, bad judgment by him–got a little carried away. Not any form of assault in my book.
    Now, not significantly moving in the fences? THAT, I have an issue with. That is my number one off season issue, and if they do next to nothing and leave “Fly-Out Alley” pretty much as it is now, that pisses me off.
    As for the rest of the off season…….I’d still like to see Bum come back and don’t think it would take a huge deal to get it done. Do I think he’ll come back? No, I don’t.
    Manager? I’ll trust Z-Man to come up with the right guy.
    Other moves? I’m fine with more Zaidi style dumpster dives. If Crawford/Posey/Belt/Longo are gonna continue to be overall pretty lousy, I don’t see any point in bringing in any marquee free agents. We just need to ride out those contracts while restocking the farm and adding a Yaz/Dubon type when we can.

Loo–can I do occasional Play by Play guy along with being the Sports Pychologist?? I promise I’ll be no worse than Kuiper. (Low bar)

Snarkk as GM would be interesting. Guys would be getting DFA’d by the dozens—from the front office to the players to the dudes who go around Oracle with those cannisters of hot chocolate strapped to their backs.

• djloo27 said, on November 9, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Of course you can SanDog. And I’m installing the great Bozo as your color man who I unforgivably omitted…

• Bozo said, on November 9, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Harry Doyle: Monte, anything to add?
        Monte: Uh, no.
        Harry Doyle: He’s not the best colorman in the league for nothing.

Tough to beat that.

• Flavor said, on November 9, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Yeah to be honest the Baer thing with his bride didn’t get me that worked up. It fed into today’s thread so I jazzed it up a little with that. I still think his time has passed and for many reasons he shouldn’t be making major decisions like this

• snarkk said, on November 9, 2019 at 3:14 pm

With the Giants selection of ready farm hands, yeah, the roster turnstile would be moving under GM snarkk. That’s why I’m big time down with Zman. But, the choco slingers and peanut vendors in the stands — are you kidding, those guys would definitely stay !…

6. zumiee said, on November 9, 2019 at 12:59 pm

“Fly-Out Alley”
    Well said. That’s what it is.
    And, sure, I had no problem with the ballpark when the team was winning championships. But the game has changed in a few years. MLB is using a juiced ball now, and things are different. Free agent power hitters don’t want to come to SF. They can much more easily knock out 30-40 HRs a season playing for somebody else.

• Flavor said, on November 9, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Baer is clinging to the past. Someone needs to cut him loose

7. alleykat69 said, on November 9, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Who has the balls in this organization to cut loose Baer? Most of the major shareholders don’t want to rock the boat imo..
    I bet Z wishes he was gone but is not giving that opportunity to jettison him, which is frustrating..

8. Bozo said, on November 9, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Isn’t it about time to build a new stadium? The ashtray is full on this one. Stick one up down 3rd in Dogpatch, say around that cove at 3rd and 24th streets, build condos at 24 Willie Mays plaza for the scooter kids The ownership group could get rich…er.

9. snarkk said, on November 9, 2019 at 3:22 pm

I’m not even going to dump on my favorite whipping boy Baer for this half-assed ballpark fix.
    Just too much to say…

• alleykat69 said, on November 9, 2019 at 3:50 pm

Oh come on Snarkk rip em him a new one,
      you are the GM you have my full support!
      The Flap regime is behind you as well!!
      It’s un “Baer able” to keep backing this smuck!!

10. alleykat69 said, on November 9, 2019 at 4:30 pm

How about LSU!!
    Knocking off Alabama in their house in a wild shootout 46-41.Beating Saban is always sweet. This QB Joe Burrow is incredible and just might have locked up the Heisman and #1 draft pick!!

• Bozo said, on November 9, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Agree 100%. with your post, Kat. The Tigers roared.

11. zumiee said, on November 9, 2019 at 5:05 pm

Trump finally found a sporting event where he wouldn’t get booed. Deep in the South in Trump country, down below the Manson/Nixon Line.

12. willedav said, on November 9, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Jenkins in Chron today makes case for Mattingly and Keith Hernandez in Hall.

• alleykat69 said, on November 9, 2019 at 6:54 pm

I could make a better case for Catcher Ted Simmons..

13. willedav said, on November 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm

San Dawg and Bozo would be must listen radio/TV no matter how good or bad Giants played. Maybe each half inning they trade off their own music highlights.
    Lon simmons was often funnier when Niners were struggling as they often were during say Elbert Kimbrough era.

• Bozo said, on November 9, 2019 at 7:02 pm

I’m in. We could call a game from coast to coast. Baseball, music, food and booze. Gotta think the 7th inning stretch alone would be a blast.

14. willedav said, on November 9, 2019 at 7:27 pm

cal with all too rare 2 TD explosion in 4th Q, is rolling Wazzu 33-14 with couple garbage time minutes left for win #5.

15. zumiee said, on November 9, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Just as I talk about the Celtics, one of their players gets a broken hand.

16. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 9, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Baer’s insistence that Triples Alley is a “signature of the ballpark” is just silly. It’s not like the ballyard is 100 years old with quirky historical aspects that would be sacrilege to change (example, Fenway, where there actually were discussions years ago to knock down the Green Monster or even the whole park). And ensuring the survival of the kale garden seems quite silly as well (ah, San Francisco…). That said, I’d love to see one of those “dot charts” of balls hit to that part of the yard, seeing what would happen with the new dimensions. Maybe the wall being 6 feet closer and 1 foot lower would actually make some difference. If nothing else, moving the bullpens off the field is certainly the right thing to do…

17. willedav said, on November 10, 2019 at 6:58 am

so much sport stuff going on (college and pro) these days, hard to figure out what to watch.
    did see Stanford Men’s b-ball off to good start at 2-0. One of promising crop of newcomers is frosh James Keefe, son of former NBA big man and Stanford alum Adam.