Time To Get To Work

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 14, 2019

Now that the dust has settled and all that remains is the rubble juxtapose Gabe Kapler’s peaking biceps it’s important to remember where we are:

It’s November 14th. We have a great leader with a sound vision in Zaidi. He has just saddled a trusty lieutenant to his side (Harris). And he has found a man to succeed Bruce Bochy. That is some pretty solid ground work for this time of the year….

None of those 3 fellas are gonna matter one iota if we don’t get better players. I’m not worried about what the team looks like today because I am confident that Zaidi and Harris will shed some of the core and add a few under the radar studs to spoon feed Kapler. Despite losing out on the *coveted* Joe Espanda, I’m not giving up on the 2020 season by a long shot. Let’s see what the 25 man roster looks like in March….

1. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 6:59 am

Kap was obviously Z;s guy from start once Phils fired him. He knew him from when they worked together in LA, deal was done. No one else had a shot vs. Z’s bro. My comment was simply I doubt this guy impressed anyone last year with his managerial acumen.
    whatev. Hope this works better than Beane hiring Bob Geren, best man at his wedding.

YES he has mgr and GM in place so go get some players to help improve the team and siphon off whatever dead weight you can.
    Already a little behind if Giants were to lose Bum Smith (might want longer deal somewhere) and Vogt. Still a decision to be made on Pillar too.

• Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:08 am

I highly doubt that Kap got hired because he’s just good friends with Z. Did it help? Sure. But Z is an efficient, thorough assassin. He’s not just out here buying lotto tickets.
      Now, one thing PK said yesterday definitely concerned me. Bullshit Bingo. All these dudes definitely have the *corpspeak* down pat. And if you tear away all his muscle and that’s all Kap really is then Z will be fucked because despite what people think about complacent Giants fans they are already pissed off about this hire and Z’s power will take a serious hit if Kap is nothing but a dude with perfect ez curl bar form…..

2. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:09 am

I’ve got a feeling Baer has made it clear to Z-arris, no big contracts are to be eaten. The Giants owners don’t roll that way. Zaidi knew that already from last season.
    The Old Core infield likely starts on opening day. But the outfield can be tinkered with. I’m OK with Yaz and Pillar, and someone. Maybe Kat’s rook, if he has a strong Spring Training.

3. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:13 am

The bench last season was the best in years. The bench should be good again. Zaidi doesn’t tolerate the kind of crap bench Sabean/Evans used to tolerate.

4. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:14 am

The pitching is a giant question mark. Z-arris has work to do there.

5. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:24 am

The “heartland of America.”
    I hate that phrase. As if the coasts are somehow lacking in moral center or something. Baloney.

“Three Indiana state judges have been benched without pay after a wild, alcohol-fueled fight outside a White Castle restaurant in Indianapolis that ended with two of the judges getting shot.
    In an order issued Tuesday, the Indiana Supreme Court said the judges deserved unpaid suspensions ranging from 30 to 60 days because their actions “were not merely embarrassing on a personal level, they discredited the entire Indiana judiciary.””

• gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:41 am

If that story does not prove the Heartland is truly the heart of this land…..:)

6. gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:37 am

How hilarious the Flodgers lost a Wirld Series because the Astros clearly cheated and beat the crap out of Yu Darvish in both WS games, especially Gane 7!!! Hahahahahaha…

I’m giving the new crew a year to restructure and be ready to field a competitive team for 2021…ready for Bum to be let go. MLB Trade Rumors, sure it was already discussed here, did predict Ozuna would sign with us for only $15 mill a pop for 3 year. I think salaries are coming back down and if we could get him on those terms, seems a no-brainer to me. I would go 4 years $80 mill even and throw $10-$12 mill at Puig for 2-3 years or maybe a $15 mill one year deal to prove himself and both would be fiscally sound baseball moves.

Round out the OF with Pillar, Duggar and the lefty in Yaz and then see if they can shed as many of the IF/Posey contracts as possible. I still think it allows them to pursue Cole but Cole probably can see the grass way greener in So Cal…

7. gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:58 am

Reading back through yday’s comments, I agree with Flav and others this is a high risk hire for Farhan. I am giving them a year to figure how they want to tear the team apart and I will judge what they bring to the field in 2021…then all is fair in love and baseball…

• gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:04 am

If the roster stays largely intact and we have Farhan doing the Farhan picking up minor pieces and dumping the minor pieces not working and Bum and Will Smith are gone, then I expect a 100 losses and trading the Cuetos and Smardjs of the team for the total tear down. If they add a bat or two and 1-2 arms, .500 is doable and will keep fan interest coming too games and watching on TV to maintain revenue and then sets up adding 1-2 more bats and arms for 2021 and think being competitive is achievable with the Joey ‘Bats’ Bart and Ramos feeling into the roster by 2021..dont think we need or will get a 3 year rebuild. The noose on Farhan and Kapler wont be that loose…

8. blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:02 am

Where to begin . . . Do Zaidi and Kapler look like they pal around? No doubt they are friends, but “bros” is stretching it. Moreover, as Flavor alluded to, Z is an analytical “assassin” who has mapped out his career since he was a kid in the Philippines. To even suggest that someone with a bachelor of science degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a doctorate of philosophy (PhD) in economics from the University of California, Berkeley, would hire someone because they are “bros” is ludicrous in my opinion.

No, Zaidi knows exactly what he’s doing. Risky hire? Sure, as Kapler has a lot of worts and has made many mistakes in his managerial/farm system portion of his baseball career. That being said, he’s also been described as someone who will outwork everyone in his orbit; has analytical chops; and, did an excellent job as the Dodgers de facto farm system director. As I have said previously, I am down with the hire and I think if given a chance – he will perform admirably.

• chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:09 am

Great post, Steve. I agree with you, “bro.”

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:15 am

lol . . . You too bro 🙂

9. gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:20 am

The question ultimately is going to be are the future Giants under Farhan and Kapler going to be a new version of the Flodgers where all the analytics and plucking players gets you 100 plus wins a season and then you have a manager like Dave Roberts who is obviously dictated by management consumed with analytics what to do inherently all season and then comes down to big time big game managerial management and Robert’s chokes the dog over and over again like bringing Kershaw back into the crucial Game 5…is Kapler going to be a Dave Roberts or is he truly deep state analytic guy and gets all the nuances and employs that for in-game strategy??? That is what I will be looking for…

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:27 am

lol . . . GH, I will be down with just getting back to the show (i.e., one of the Wild Card slots). Baby steps my friend.

• gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Blade, I’m a winner baby:)

10. snarkk said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:51 am

This team won’t be back in contention for playoffs until 2021 at the earliest. The last management drove it into the ground, it can’t be turned around overnight. The farm system needs to be re-stocked up and down all levels. Progress was made last season with ZMan first draft cycle and moves and a few of the draftees from the old regime making progress; at least not all the minor league teams ended up in last place…

• Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:01 am

I don’t think it’s going to be turned around by 2020. But I’m also not giving up yet. These big brained guys, they know what they’re doing. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we got rid of both belt and craw by April. Look what Z did with melancon and that guy we sent to Minn fro Davis.

• chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:54 am

Good read on the Giants farm system, Tom. Thanks. And while there is work to do, the farm has improved measurably over the past several years.

11. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:14 am

Have they made a decision on 1B coach Jose Alguacil yet?
    He’s been mediocre at best…

• alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:54 am

Mediocre?? That’s my 1B job your ripping Loo!

12. snarkk said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:24 am

BTW, I’m floored they kept Wotus.
    Must be they want an ambassador from the prior regime for whoever is left over on the roster. Doesn’t bode well for thinking they can rid of a lot of bad contracts…

• Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:30 am

nice guys get kept around all the time for no other reason than they don’t make waves or cause problems. Plus, who doesn’t like having a guy like good ‘ol Wot around?

• alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:58 am

Wotus probably was on his knees begging like Zack Mayo(Richard Gere Officer and a Gentleman)
      “Don’t you do it I have nowhere to go”!!

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 11:52 am

lol . . . I remember that scene AK. Classic.

13. Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:33 am

What I’m surprised about is they decided to keep Wot on the same day they hired Kap— Kap prolly didn’t even know who Wot was. So Z decides to keep Wot and that makes me think Kap doesn’t have much power

14. Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:38 am

I’d like 5 minutes alone with this guy with a blow torch and a pair of pliers…..

• snarkk said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:07 am

Drunk off his ass, likely.
      A week in jail, please…

• chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:14 am

I am with you, Flav. This guy needs his ass kicked ROYALLY. I’ll man the blowtorch or pliers…your call, brother. I’m there!

• alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:24 am

Both these idiots need to get their asses whipped!
      Nobody fucks with “The Legendary Joe Montana “

15. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:00 am

Sure there are definitely guys who give a good interview and wind up being hired. Hue Jackson comes to mind; he sucked wherever he went but kept getting HC jobs cause he says all the right things.

I don’t look at it like his job is to tear everything up and undo what was done before and it’s gonna take eons. sabe/evans drafted Ramos and Bart, still SF 2 top prospects plus acquired Smith Watson Moronta (and Dyson) in pen. Z has picked up Dubon and Davis to fill spots, drafted for need and admits he needs more power in LU to complement Yaz and Pillar should he wind up keeping him.
    Giants have $$ and there are players out there to help improve club closer to WC status– that’s where I want them to be by 2021.

16. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:07 am

Today I think is deadline for Bum and Smith to decide whether or not to accept QO. If “not” then that means anyone can sign them, with compensation (70-80 ish) to Giants in upcoming draft.

17. chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:21 am

I look at Z’s baseball resume, and the guy has excelled at every level, going back to his start with the A’s.

To Willie’s point “I just don’t have the implicit whatever he does is best because he’s smartest guy in room trust in Z others do.” I am not saying that every move he makes is going to be absolutely the best move, but he his a smart fucker who has done well at all levels of baseball. I do trust him to move the team in the right direction. Sure, there may be a few misses, but who shoots 100%? (rhetorical question). No one.

I don’t see them turning this around in one year, but they could make the moves to surprise us, and have the team be more competitive than most believe they will be in 2020.

Bottom line, give this crew a few years to make their mark, and let’s see where they are.

I am looking forward to seeing what the 40 and 25 man rosters look like come spring.

18. chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:26 am

Back to the last thread, thanks Loo for the link on the story of Burrell commenting on his days with WBK. Good read.

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:31 am

Agree.

• alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:44 am

One thing about Burrell, he sure doesn’t come off very well on TV.He started to ask Z a question about Kapler and as he said :I completely loss my train of thought” So he looked over at Keli Johnson ( pause) then she had to take over and finish his lost thoughts, kind of an awkward moment..

• gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Why he was known as Pat The Bat…and they were not talking about his baseball bat.

19. alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:38 am

Kapler did show complete ignorance protecting the 2 LA minor league players instead of getting the police involved,and of course LA organization is equally responsible, just not a good look trying to meet with the victims involved for a sit down dinner.For what? a payoff? We’re these high graded out prospects they were trying to coverup from a scandal so their careers would not be ruined?

20. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 11:00 am

The point here is Z knows what he is getting in Mr. Kotter. A bros-before-hoes hire? Don’t know and don’t really care, but I’m sure Pat the Bat loved Kotter on THEIR trolling runs. They must have been drowning in it.

But really, if the team is expected to lose 100 games, how is this anything but zero risk?

Look, they may surprise, and yeah we won’t really know anything until they jettison Crawfish and trade Belt for some fungo bats, but next year is a wash. The year after? That will be another dry run. Soooo, where’s the risk? No one expects the team to be anything but a bottom-feeder for the next 2 years.

The fans piss and moan? So? Did LA jettison Roberts after his latest playoff failure? Maybe they should have, maybe they shouldn’t have, but basing decisions on fan expectations is bullshit unless you get a situation like the 49ers with their 12 years of ineptitude, or the Warriors 20.

• Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 11:03 am

Z doesn’t have unlimited time or any free passes. If he misfires on this it will be a big deal. Whether they lose 100 or not. The masses are against this hire, if it turns out the masses are right, then what? Z just gets to keep FucKing up major decisions? Nope.

21. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:08 pm

The team ain’t run by the masses, it is run by the 32-headed shadow person led by Charlie Johnson. They obviously didn’t think their CEO dumping his wife out of her chair and screaming at her in public was a big deal, so, losing some games ain’t gonna chap their hides. The masses wanted Larry’s head on a stick.

Mr. Kotter would have to fuck up long and hard to blow this deal.

22. Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:21 pm

It’s a bit long, but I highly recommend reading this absurdly frightening sports story from my home state of Jersey:

• willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:49 pm

yeow poor guy is coaching 3b for HS team and then 7yrs later he’s in a courtroom being sued for telling a kid who tore up his ankle to slide.

• gianthead said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:18 pm

What a ridiculous case…not only should be thrown out the plaintiffs should be jailed!!!

23. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:25 pm

I think Giants fans expected either a proven guy like Girardi or someone shiny and new ala one of the bench coach guys from winning program. Kotsay from A’s, who are very well run and have Melvin the much admired would have worked too.
    This model seems to have some damages and might not be completely fixable. Or runs on autopilot and is being steered from above.

Funny, Cubs hire Andy Green as D Ross bench coach and Preller can’t say enough good things about him…after just firing him recently. Klentak said similar things about Kapler as reported by Shea in Chron today:

“I’ve been pretty open the last couple years about my admiration for Kap as a manager…My experience wih Kap is that over time, when people get to know him they’ll come to know him like I have, as a very hard working and loyal teammate and employee.”

24. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:40 pm

Mac tremendous story thx for sharing. Long ago in HS coaching days seminars for new hires was mandatory and taught by longtime AD in District. Insurance liabilities and dos/dont’s for coaches were strictly laid out. I’m sure insurance companies have gotten more specific and widened scope in today’s world.

Speaking of Jersey, noticed Rutgers gets to host Ohio St., who scored 73 vs. Maryland last week, Saturday. Spread is 52.

• Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Yep, and I absolutely would lay the points.

• chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:06 pm

I laid the points on that one in my college football pool…

25. Bozo said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Drinking a beer at the Public House at this very moment. Had to make sure my brick was still outside.

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:08 pm

I’m really happy for you dude. When was the last time you were back?

• Bozo said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:23 pm

I was back here in March to see my best friend before he died. That was a pretty screwed up trip. Tomorrow I head over to Bakersfield to do a 4 hour orientation at an ICE detention center so I can play music there in January.

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:33 pm

I remember you commenting on him in your FB thread. Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

26. willedav said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:24 pm

This from Shea in Chron online today, talking with Z as he was heading out for last day of GM meetings:
    “Buster still views himself and we still view him as a No.1 everyday C.
    Having talked to Buster, we all view this past season as a success coming off the hip surgery, staying pretty healthy all season and getting ready to have regular off season.” hmmnn

Says he is looking for back up C depth, LH IF to back up Longo and Dubon (both RH), and of course pitching. This afternoon is the deadline for Bum and Smith to either accept QO or not.

27. Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm

28. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:40 pm

I think it was Willie, Loo, and some others who have said it, and it’s something we need to get mentally prepared for, and that is that the old Core infield will likely be starting on opening day. I’m moving into acceptance on that.
    I hope Zaidi and Harris can pull a rabbit out of the hat on that, but it just seems so impossible.

• zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I do think that there will be even more platooning this season with the old Core. Kapler will have to sell them on the idea that they are going to be platooned even more, and it’s the right move, obviously.

• zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Posey should be the starter only in the sense that he’s going to start about 55-60% of the games. I thought it was kind of weird how he wasn’t used much at first base last season, but I guess that was just precaution coming off the hip surgery. It’s possible he could bump up again in first base starts.
        But, really, I’ve been one of the most ardent defenders of Posey on the Flap, and even I jumped off that island last season. We all love the guy, but it just seems like his body is done with pro baseball. He got a lot out of that body. Not a Hall of Famer, though, unless he has a dramatic physical turnaround.

29. chipower9 said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Looks like the asshole who fucked-up the Joe Montana statue was arrested…

He still deserves to get his ass kicked all the way to the next state…

• zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Charged with a felony, though? That seems kind of steep. I guess they’re judging that by the overall monetary worth of the statue. Maybe he took the face mask with him. Then that’s theft, too.

• djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:13 pm

And a 15 yard penalty…

• zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:30 pm

lulz!

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Good . . . This is better than snarkk (and I) could have hoped for. Numero uno NFL football hero in my opinion, with Lott being a close 2nd.

30. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Buster can view himself any way he wants. Mr. Kotter on the other hand may have a different view.

31. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:05 pm

That’s a felony? Jesus. Fuck with a rich person’s toy and the wrath of God falls on you.

32. pawliekokonuts said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Some of the best Mays footage I’ve seen. Captures his elan, his fun. LOVE how he got back up after being thrown at. A big FUCKYOU to Drysdale. https://twitter.com/Baseballography/status/1195110153420455937

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Quite upsetting and shameful though that MLB or the Giants don’t do more to preserve archive video, especially where it involves great players like Mays (greatest in my opinion).

33. pawliekokonuts said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Listening to, or more precisely reading, Kap’s comments yesterday I’m willing to back off a bit on my Corpspeak comments from yesterday. He actually sounded like a human being. I’m not quite ready to retract my Corpspeak theory regarding the troika of Z, Kap, and Harris, but reconsidering. But I don’t think Z Man can help himself. It’s who he is. Fits the role these days anyway.

34. alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:25 pm

How can playing 1B be more harmful on Posey’s hip then catching?
    You think the opposite would take effect, not being in the squat for 9 are more innings, definitely a grind on the hips and knees,all the extra weight of the gear from mask to shin guards ,chest protector,etc..
    At first you only have your glove and your cup, seems a lot less wear&tear over a course of a season..

• zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 3:32 pm

They just wanted him to have a lot of true off-days, where he was just sitting in the dugout.

35. alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Nice to be afforded that kind of luxury at his age in his career. Yeah I get maybe the back to back night game followed by a early start day game, are catching 15 innings and off the next day, but he really needs to show this coming season he can play 2out3 games on a consistent basis, especially if he probably won’t have Vogt to sponge off of…

36. blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:43 pm

I seriously do not want to see any of the core playing much next season. However, I do realize with the minor league cupboard bare, that’s highly unlikely.

• Flavor said, on November 14, 2019 at 4:54 pm

i don’t know about completely bare. There are a lot of articles out there (like this one) right now praising where the system is

Also, didn’t we win the AAA World Series for the first time, like, ever? I wasn’t really paying attention to that but I think we did.

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 5:03 pm

True. I meant players that are ready for prime time now. Bart, Ramos, and Luciano (especially) wont be ready for a couple of seasons. Bart and Ramos might make a late season appearance, but I am not counting on it.

37. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 14, 2019 at 6:53 pm

Discussions about how long til the team is playoff-ready seem to point at least into 2021. I would love to have a 2020 vision (haha) of contention next year, but I’d be happy with a team that’s fun to watch, at least. As much as it will take at least another year or two for the team to gel as a team of players, it’ll probably take that long for the new management team to also find its stride. Patience will be key for fans in both regards…

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:16 pm

For a lousy team last season, I thought they were entertaining as hell. Loved the fact that they were actually contending at one point and I also loved the “musical chairs” aspect of the roster changes. All in all, if Z makes positive changes similar to last season, I am down with that.

• snarkk said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:24 pm

I like the musical chairs aspect, too.
        Some of it’s bad, some of it’s not.
        Beats the hell out of a season full of Gorkys …

• djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Musical Chairs was probably where Baer first learned to knock down a female…

38. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 6:56 pm

They aren’t ruling those guys (Bart and Ramos) out for next year. Unlikely but hey who knows?

Farhan made a ton of deals to bolster the minors as well, so there’s hope we get some help from Sacto.

39. unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 6:57 pm

If Buster plays more than 100 games, I’ll be surprised.

40. Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Re Opening Day lineup: Giants open against the Dodgers — on the road, of course — so if Kershaw gets the start, hopefully Kap/ZHarris will do the right thing, look at the putrid numbers by Belt (4-60, .067) and Crawford (6-48, .125) vs. Opie and put them on the bench where they belong.

• djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Yeah, the Rangers and Angels benches would be good…

41. snarkk said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:25 pm

So, it sounds like they’re not keeping Vogt?
    I think that is a mistake, if true.
    The guy should start, IMO…

• blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:04 pm

He’s a free agent and I think they can’t afford him now. Not sure.

42. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Buster will eventually see Cooperstown – for Bochy’s induction.
    He’ll be off the ballot after year one.
    He is not remotely having a HOF career…

• Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Depending on when Bochy gets inducted, Posey might still be playing, Looking at last three managers — Cox, LaRussa and Torre — to make it to HOF, Cox’s and Torre’s final games were in 2010, both elected late ’13 and inducted in ’14, LaRussa had shorter wait, last game was ’11, elected late ’13 and inducted in ’14.

43. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:37 pm

Braves are welcome to TFLR who wears down from too much use and would have been a ridiculous overpay for the Giants at $17.8…

44. alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Another reason to get rid of Baer.I’m sick and tired of his adamant insistence to start every fucking year on the road!! Then they finally come home and their usually dead last looking for their first win! How does MLB allow that to happen everyear?Their should be a rule that teams can’t start every year on the road just to finish at home..

45. blade3colorado said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:06 pm

AK, I love Baer for one single reason – he hired Z. Otherwise, I agree with you.

46. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Z has a ton of work to do.
    Minus Bum & TFLR the present roster won’t win 70 games.
    If they un-juice the ball the team won’t hit 100 HRS…

47. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:27 pm

Steelers would be better off starting Dick Shiner…

48. alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Vogt wants to have a chance for a ring with only a few a good years left, he won’t get that in SF, so I respect him moving on for that opportunity..

49. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:35 pm

I’m chiming in on that, too. I’m so tired of the team starting on the road every season. That’s a self-inflicted disadvantage that needs to stop. It’s beyond ridiculous.
    Kapler gets to start his Giants career in a buzzsaw at Dodger Stadium. Great.

50. djloo27 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Fun end to Browns – Steelers.
    Rikers Island shower room is more civilized…

• alleykat69 said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Yeah that was a mess! Is Rudolf’s head still attached to his helmet? Major suspension coming up for Garrett…

• unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:59 pm

No shit. Unreal.

51. zumiee said, on November 14, 2019 at 8:54 pm

If Posey somehow got 700 more hits, he’d be a slam dunk Hall of Famer. He needs to get to 2,000. It’s hard to see him getting 700 more hits.

52. Macdog said, on November 14, 2019 at 9:24 pm

There seems to be some history of bad blood here . . .

• unca_chuck said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Just a tad. 2 Steelers (Smith-Schuster and Dionte Johnson) had already left the game, and one Brown tossed, for helmet-to-helmet hits.

53. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 14, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Nuthin’ to say. Just couldn’t leave it at 99 comments. (A bit bored on a Friday afternoon in last class of the week). Enjoy your weekend, Flappers…