Dead Zone

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 18, 2019

Not even a rumor about the Giants, unless you’re into the Yomiuri Giants.

Niners won.

Warriors lose to keep the steamroll ahead to the #1 pick.

We needed a new thread.

1. alleykat69 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:11 am

Speaking of Dead Zone, another senseless killing spree in Fresno last night,as a gunman entered thru a side gate to the backyard of a home while up to 30 are more were throwing a party for Sunday Night Football …4 Dead 10 wounded Gunman still on the loose…

2. Flavor said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:57 am

and if these young and bright kids have trouble spotting it imagine how hard it is for some dumbass old lady in Alabama to spot it

• chipower9 said, on November 18, 2019 at 10:17 am

Truth. I continuously tell Gail to look at her source when she brings something up (I never trust ANYTHING on social media), and check the facts against known fact-checking organizations.

Interesting how we never even had the term ‘fake news” until the orange-headed clown arrived in the white house. I still LMAO on KellyAnne Conway’s “alternate facts” comments. Hollywood couldn’t even script something as funny as that shit.

• djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Is The Flap considered social media?

• gianthead said, on November 18, 2019 at 11:10 am

Gang hit???

• alleykat69 said, on November 18, 2019 at 12:58 pm

Could be..Police think they were targeted possibly being a part of Asian gangs but not verified. Luckily for some,most of the children and woman were inside the house at the time

3. chipower9 said, on November 18, 2019 at 10:14 am

To the last thread and the comments on TopGolf at the ballyard. I have taken my crew here at work to TopGolf the past two years for our annual holiday/employee appreciation party. There is one local here in Roseville (Sacto suburb – I think Unca lived there before moving down to Walnut Creek). It is a cool set-up. Three levels. Good food. Full bar. Drinks and food delivered to your bay. It was fun. All that said, I don’t care to see that shit at PacBell. Whatever.

RE: Kap. I think he can still play, and agree with many that he would have to be a starter. No way in hell any owner/GM with half a fucking brain is bringing him and his baggage in as a back-up. Personally, I would have to be really hurting (as a GM) to entertain the idea. BTW – I did/do support his cause, but I am tired of all the shenanigans. Moving on, here.

Helluva a Niner game. I was going WTF!? when the Cards went-up 16-0. Niners made the adjustments at half and what a fucking weird ending. I too think the vegas/tahoe lines were 10.5, so not sure that it impacted anyone’s bets. Maybe the O/U?

Next three weeks are going to be big:
    Green Bay (who had a bye this weekend) at home
    @ Ravens (best team in the NFL right now, IMO)
    @ Saints

I think the Packers and Saints are beatable. But still, they will be tough games, IMO.

After that we still Atlanta (who has had two good back-to-back games), the Lambs, and then the SeaChicks in their house to finish the season.

If the Niners end the year at 12-4 or 13-3, I would be good with that. No way I see them running the table.

Hope they get Kittle and Brieda back. Would be nice to be at or near 100% when over these next three weeks.

4. gianthead said, on November 18, 2019 at 11:10 am

I said after Game 1 for the Dubs that it will be a 10 win season…is the Memphis kid the clear #1???? Way early but that is the type of piece to build around…

5. alleykat69 said, on November 18, 2019 at 11:16 am

Damm 10 wins that would be brutal.
    Think the 76ers have the futility record going 9-73?
    Not the way to break in their new arena but with all the injuries and a very young team with little experience 10 might be the number yikes…

6. unca_chuck said, on November 18, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Fuck the twitterverse coming down on Kapler. I’m no fan obviously, but he did what he thought was right at the time, and he was cleared by the investigation. As was Farhan.

The fucking social justice twitter warriors have to raise a stink and whine. Like the Facebook brigade, they are a noisy minority that drives a lot of useless blather and endless angst.

• chipower9 said, on November 18, 2019 at 1:10 pm

Bunch of fucking idiots…and I am being nice.

• djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:35 pm

My only disagreement with your statement, Unca Chuck, is the word minority.
      It’s their world now…

7. unca_chuck said, on November 18, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Wiseman is the #1 in my book. Big, strong, tall, rim protector, feathery shot from 10′. The whole package.

He’s in some BS fight with the NCAA over eligibility though. Assholes.

• sandog said, on November 18, 2019 at 1:36 pm

So funny that the NCAA told Memphis that Wiseman is ineligible and Memphis basically said screw you–we’re playing him and gonna see if you have the guts to do anything about it. Of course the NCAA has done nothing.

8. djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Some guy on the Cavs just shot an air ball free throw.
    Not just short but also wide right.
    Even I’ve never done that and I was never no superstar…

• Macdog said, on November 18, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Are you sure you weren’t watching the Nets?

• djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Every time I drive over that ancient drawbridge in Brooklyn, I think of poor Sonny Dove…

9. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 18, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Just keeping the Flap stove warm: yeah, no real new rumors, just the continuing coverage about what will MadBum do. Only one other Giant mentioned on MLB as a “star” who could be traded: Smarge. A bunch of other “stars” are mentioned, with possible destination teams, all of whom apparently have prospects to deal. Giants don’t seem to fit in that category. Can we please trade some un-stars? A few come to mind….

10. djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:23 pm

I hope Cole signs with the Angels and convinces them to figure out some creative way to trade for Crawford.
    I also have a hunch Belt will be in the American League in 2020.
    They can’t trot out the same dreariness next year…

11. alleykat69 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:37 pm

P/A..Oh maybe we have a rising trade piece in Kevin Pillar! For some reason and taking some laughable criticism for it, are very own beat writer Hank Schulman voted a 10th rd selection for Kevin Pillar as a MVP in baseball…

12. djloo27 said, on November 18, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Making jello requires so little effort and is so worth it.
    How many times do I have to learn that lesson before it sinks in?

• Flavor said, on November 19, 2019 at 5:47 am

i haven’t had jello in about 45 years. What am I missing?