Under The Radar…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 2, 2019

Early December news:

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 6.17.15 AM

I love how he’s a *huge fan* lol. Yeah, big big fan. Gotta get this guy. The entire season teeters in the balance as we await Kai Correa’s decision.

At least our bad players will be spotted up in the correct shifts this coming season….

1. chipower9 said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:07 am

Didn’t get on yesterday. When the Niners (or Giants) play a big game (although it has been a while for the Giants), I hunker-down for thermonuclear war.

Very good game yesterday. In that weather. on the road and playing early, I am overall encouraged. Give me these teams (adding Brieda and Dee Ford to the mix) on a neutral field, and I like the Niners chances. Just hope we get that opportunity. Niners need to win out and win the division. Fuck, they could lose one more, and be a wild card at 13-3.

I like to hone-in on the D during the games, and Fred Warner got a game ball, IMO. He made at least two pass defenses that a top-notch corner would have been proud of. I like the kid, a lot.

2. willedav said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:21 am

If Kap’s Cleveland guy could help Giants hitters figure out how to beat the shifts he’d be onto something.

3. willedav said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:24 am

Loo, the Chiefs and Mahomes are fun to watch. He seemed to do less scrambling yesterday, throwing passes while backing up vs. pass rush. Regardless he finds way to make it work. Gotta believe anytime they thrash Oaktown like that, fanbase is pretty fired up.

• willedav said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:20 am

especially way KC defense played. Hard to say what’s wrong with Oakland, but Reid owns them. Marty Schott had a long winning streak against them too in his KC days. Delivery driver that comes to store is good guy and Raider fan but realistic. “You know us that’s how we do.”

4. Flavor said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:42 am

Just looked it up, The Patriots drafted Sony Michel one pick before Lamar Jackson…..

5. alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2019 at 10:38 am

University of Northern Colorado??
    Are you kidding me?
    12-35 last year 1-21 on the road a real powerhouse of college baseball!!
    Whatever defensive positioning their doing isn’t cutting it…

6. gianthead said, on December 2, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Lol…he is the linchpin to history. The Gen. Patton to Farhan’s Eisenhower…lol! Really fun Niner game against the Ravens. Pats beatable even though I wanted Brady and Bellichek in the super bowl to nlknock Brady into Kingdom Come…

7. gianthead said, on December 2, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Moustakas to Cincy is interesting…Donaldson to Rangers or they are talking to Yanks about Andujar. My Clint Frazier and Andujar thoughts are being extinguished…

8. alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Boras finally got the payday for Moustkas (sp)after 2 years of 1 year deals he gets 4/64 out of the Reds in that bandbox.Didnt know he played 47 games at 2B over 350 innings and only made 1 error that shocked me! Definitely behind Rendon&Donaldson for 3B but a lot cheaper too with more flexibility playing other positions..

• blade3colorado said, on December 2, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Really (re. Moustakas)? Happy for him if so. Dude is a “blue collar” team mate all the way. Glad he got paid.

9. alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2019 at 2:25 pm

I believe today is the tender not tender day for Pillar with the Giants.Are maybe Pillar just ends up on Tinder?Wonder what Z will do? Not his type of OBP but wtf a guy like crystal Duggar can’t be an option can he?even though he would be a hell of a lot cheaper.. Then theirs my boy Davis who has the speed to cover the ground out in Grand Canyon..

• zumiee said, on December 2, 2019 at 2:26 pm

I think we’ll feel that way about Bum, too. It’ll be a bummer (no pun intended) if he gets signed by some other team; but we’re all rooting for him to get a big payday.

10. zumiee said, on December 2, 2019 at 2:32 pm

I did a face-palm last night watching the end of the football game, as New England almost got that last onside kick. Up 13 points, Houston had gone into the ol’ prevent defense, which allowed New England to score a touchdown in 50 seconds.
    The prevent defense. lulz. The prevent defense has been driving fans crazy for decades.

11. Macdog said, on December 2, 2019 at 3:01 pm

• zumiee said, on December 2, 2019 at 3:08 pm

The Dick returns!

12. Macdog said, on December 2, 2019 at 5:34 pm

More news:

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Does that mean Pillar’s gone?

• Macdog said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Very likely.

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:05 pm

I’d sign Lagares real cheap and of course you know who…

• Flavor said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:08 pm

13. alleykat69 said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Yeah he’s gone. Z’s first bold move,Pillar last year of contract and would of had to pay a minimum of 8-9 mil? for a declining player with -5 defensive rating, just too many variables Zman’s not comfortable with (especially OBP .278)imo.For now it will be Yaz,Duggar&Davis that can all play CF while they wait for Ramos in maybe 2nd half..

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:11 pm

I don’t know what a -5 defensive rating means, but I do know that the guy made about 2 dozen great catches out there, so fuck that statistic…

14. blade3colorado said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Cubs non-tendered Addison Russell. I suspect Mr. Z is looking at him. Dude is only 25 years old and he was actually ranked as an MVP in 2016 (19th), as well as made the All Star team. Also, he has done ALL the domestic violence work he was assigned by the courts and MLB to complete. I get it, that him being signed would not be the politically correct thing to do, but fuck it . . . TAKE A FLYER ON HIM!

15. snarkk said, on December 2, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Was listening in the car to Dubs v Hawks.
    Wow, that’s a recipe for going asleep at the wheel.
    I heard on KNBR today that NBA is rattled by down attendance.
    That’s one thing the mostly hated Dubs (last few years) did — they kept up interest in the NBA.
    Now that they suck, there’s not one team to hate, and most of the rest suck, except both LA teams, Toronto, and maybe Denver? And Philly and Bucks in the East. Who wants to watch 82 games of dreck ball?…

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Loyal fans?
      Degenerate gamblers?

16. unca_chuck said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Jeeebus. Dubs get drubbed by 25 by the 4-16 Hawks. I know we are bad, but that is bad bad bad.

• snarkk said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:31 pm

It’s basically a G league team…

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:22 pm

The Drubs?

17. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 2, 2019 at 7:38 pm

No problem with the releases other than Pillar. Kinda bummed about that. I guess that means there are all sorts of options available to replace what he did offensively (overall numbers not hugely tremendous but a lot of key hits, if I recall). Oh well, movin on….

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:19 pm

So much for the Willie Mac Award…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:22 pm

Yeah, really. I wonder if that’s happened before (win it one year, released before the next). I have a feeling it happened before….

18. zumiee said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:06 pm

The major sports have gotten so expensive to go to, it’s hard for a lot of people to afford it. They’ve been priced out of it. I don’t go to nearly as many sporting events as I used to, but part of that is me getting older.

• unca_chuck said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:31 pm

I love going to football games, but man, it was over $500 for me and my son to go.

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:44 pm

I’ve been priced out of Burger King…

• sandog said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:46 pm

LULZ!

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 9:04 pm

19. blade3colorado said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Paul, it happened with Duffy.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Yep, I remember now. Might’ve also happened with someone who retired, not sure…

20. snarkk said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:39 pm

Pillar was a nice mercenary for a year.
    But, I’m not crying over him not being signed.
    He was never going to be a part of a long term plan to get back to the post season…

• djloo27 said, on December 2, 2019 at 8:45 pm

There’s a plan? Does it include a whole new pitching staff?

• willedav said, on December 2, 2019 at 9:01 pm

POTD.

21. Macdog said, on December 2, 2019 at 9:01 pm

The last three Willie Mac winners — Hundley, Smith, Pillar — are now gone. Like Pillar, David Bell won the Willie Mac in his only season with the Giants.

22. willedav said, on December 2, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Noticed Damian Jones put up 16 points (gotta be NBA career high) and 8 boards for the Hawks vs. his former team . That definitely deserves a hmmnn

Say Something....

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s