Happy Birthday Dipshit

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 7, 2019

Yasiel Puig turns 29 today. Imagining anyone celebrating him has me doing a slow burn. Don’t compare this idiot to Jeff Kent who was surly for sure but who still came to work everyday trying to win.

This is what Puig cares about:

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 7.08.59 AM

Guaranteed this was his favorite game of the year.

Puig has been an overrated punk since day 1. He’s got some power, but not enough to put up with his 10 cent head. Or the injuries that are going to start piling up as he heads into his 30’s.

If the Giants sign Puig I am headed out to the ledge. Not to jump. Just to smell the air and maybe take in the view. Re-focus. Serenity now, serenity now….

1. willedav said, on December 7, 2019 at 7:59 am

Not a fan of the guy either, but any talk of him joining Giants refuels the wacko conspiracy talks of Z as fox in henhouse.
    Rough off season so far for Giants fans waving goodbye to popular players and this wouldn’t help.

Tough L for Kings last night. Back up point, Joseph, lost ball couple times at end. Back up C, Richan Holmes seems to be doing quite well.
    warriors got a W last night, and their vets Green and Russell burned Bulls 3 times in last quarter alone with same play including game winner. On high screen for russell, Green rolls to FT line and finds open big for a dunk. Cauley Stein got 2 scores last night off this and Robinson got the one that won the game with same result.
    You wonder what teams go over in huddles when something this simple works so easily. I think all the iso ball has dumbed down team defenses and any well run sets (with counters/options) that used to be staple of all teams get good looks. And when iso ball gets stopped guys on the floor are all uh now what? and put up dumb shots as shot clock winds down and ball is at 25 feet from hoop. this happens to Warriors G League guys all the time.

2. zumiee said, on December 7, 2019 at 8:15 am

All his confrontations with Bum, but Puig has never charged the mound on Bum. No one has ever charged the mound on Bum.
    Bum isn’t a headhunter. But he scolds opponents verbally once in a while. When they bark back, he challenges them to come out to the mound. They always pass on that oppurtunity.

3. Bozo said, on December 7, 2019 at 8:15 am

Looks like a Kapler kinda guy.

• djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 9:22 am

Some of our honky fatsos should take note.
      A professional athlete should be in shape.
      Yes, I know there are many exceptions.
      Exceptions are the thing that prove the rule as they say…

4. willedav said, on December 7, 2019 at 8:25 am

Sergio Romo story (still deciding where to pitch) on MLBTR. He’s 37 and still appears able to get hitters out. Love to have him back to set up and he could always be flipped elsewhere during season. Used to be death to RHs. B/R lists him at 5-11 and 185, seriously. Um, no way.

commercials he did here were hilarious, especially the one he’s sitting in back seat while 2 reporter guys are stealing his “And that’s what’s up” line as their own.

5. djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 9:27 am

Flavor:
    We didn’t know that about Kent till he got here and produced beyond anything anyone (including Sabes) could have imagined. I know Puigs’s a jerk, I just think he’s worth a shot and would certainly liven up a dreadfully boring, vanilla team. Maybe he’ll finally grow up and get it together. Is there really anything to lose?

• djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 9:33 am

• alleykat69 said, on December 7, 2019 at 9:55 am

Something about Juan in a Dodgers uniform just isn’t right.Maybe a bat in his hand next to Roseboro would be better..

• blade3colorado said, on December 7, 2019 at 10:10 am

Unequivocally correct Loo. Down with whatever Z decides.

6. Flavor said, on December 7, 2019 at 10:23 am

Is there anything to lose by signing Puig? Absolutely. The team has a very nice chemistry and while you can certainly win with bad chemistry as the Giants did with Bonds and before him Clark and Leonard, it’s certainly not a bad thing to establish a nice culture in the clubhouse. That can carry over to the young guys you bring up.
    Puig, at best, would hit 20 bombs, 80 RBI’s something like that. And while he was doing that his me-first attitude would saturate the clubhouse. I don’t want the young bucks coming up and seeing that.
    Fuck Puig, he’s worthless on our team at best, at worst he’s a cancer…..

• snarkk said, on December 7, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I am totally aligned with BF on this.
      I don’t care what production Puig might bring.
      The “me, me” attitude is something I don’t want infecting this team, however crappy they’ll be.
      Jeff Kent’s redassiness compared to Puig’s selfish idiocy is not even in the same universe of downside.
      I am down with Zman. But, if he were to pull in Puig, I would definitely start to question what he’s doing…

• djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 3:04 pm

How much of that nice chemistry was attributable to Bochy?
      I’d say quite a bit…

7. alleykat69 said, on December 7, 2019 at 12:17 pm

Yeah Puig is a cancer and clubhouse distraction but the Giants now under their new regime I don’t think give a shit.Chemistry? Took a huge hit dumping Pillar, so it’s not that great anymore.They need a power RH hitting outfielder especially with 3 Left hitting hitters in Duggar,Dickerson,Yaz and the uncertainty of my boy Jaylin Davis..
    Z and Kapler’s knowledge of him from the past might be better then most he’s worked,with and could make a difference in him.Puig has hit 74 of his 132 HR’s in the NL west and hits well at the O lifetime.299 with his share of bombs there, and now with the fences moved in he should “Jack”more here.
    I’m not saying I’m all in,but he is dynamic when he’s playing well,and he has a manager that’s ripped as much as he is,that won’t take his shit and tantrums..

8. mrsprtdude said, on December 7, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Sucking all year is going to bum me out but I’m with Craig. Why sign him if you were letting go of Pillar? Only 2 years younger and likely not the guy we will have in the future anyway.

9. Flavor said, on December 7, 2019 at 2:31 pm

By jettisoning Pillar they seem to be open to the idea of J-Davis playing more regularly. I can get behind that, why not? See what this guy has with 500 at bats under his belt…..

10. alleykat69 said, on December 7, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Yeah I’m all in giving the CF job to the speedy Davis!
    Many other teams like the Rays&A’s just let their youngster get their feet wet and have success with them.Time for the Giants to do the same..
    Davis doesn’t need to be playing a corner outfield spot,unless they give a few games to Mr.Glass2 Duggar occasionally before he hurts himself like Mr.Glass1 Dickerson.Yaz in LF are RF is what they should go with, not CF imo..

• blade3colorado said, on December 7, 2019 at 4:40 pm

Hard to keep up with all these nick names . . . I remember the ONLY glass we had once upon a time, was Freddy “Glass” Sanchez.

• djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Young Jaylin’s no baby. He turns 26 on July 1st.
      The Giants seem to have the oldest “kids” in baseball…

11. djloo27 said, on December 7, 2019 at 4:53 pm

It’s almost as if we’re in denial about what a shambles the pitching staff is in…

• blade3colorado said, on December 7, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Almost 5 years of putrid SF Giants baseball, sans one measly playoffs (2016) and we’re in denial? Umm, I’m not.

12. mrsprtdude said, on December 7, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Competing with Cinci, Balt, Detroit, Miami for least wins since ASB 2016. Yikes

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2019 at 5:26 pm

That’s why that stupid mirage of a run last July fucked a lot of shit up. For whatever the reasons it prevented Z from trading his best pieces.

• zumiee said, on December 7, 2019 at 5:35 pm

25-5 in July and like 2 or 3 games behind the Wild Card, there’s no way he could blow up the team. He caught enough flack for trading Dyson, which ended up being a good trade.

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2019 at 5:42 pm

Even at the end of the run post season chances never rose above 8%. And it fell quickly from there back down to 0

• zumiee said, on December 7, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Z threaded the needle well, IMO.. Made some trades for prospects, without blowing up the team.

• unca_chuck said, on December 7, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Well, he blew up the bullpen, which crippled the team, along with injuries to the pen.

13. zumiee said, on December 7, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Sixers are obliterating the Cavs. Simmons is fun to watch.

• zumiee said, on December 7, 2019 at 6:11 pm

I don’t think I ever knew he was from Australia.
      He did a one-and-done with LSU.

14. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 7, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Sippin’ my morning coffee and still chuckling over “Happy Birthday Dipshit” as the lead…

• Flavor said, on December 7, 2019 at 7:33 pm

it was originally “Go Fuck Yourself Asshole” but my dad says I swear to much on the blog so I’m trying to get better

15. alleykat69 said, on December 7, 2019 at 7:45 pm

I can only imagine what he thinks about me 🤣

16. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:27 am