Puke On The Ozone

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 8, 2019

Just for fun, if you had a gun to your head and you had to sign one of them, who would you sign? Puig or Ozuna? They’re both 29. They have similar career stats. Puig was much better when he was younger. Ozuna had one monster MVP-type season. I know Cardinal fans were pretty tired of this guy by the end of last year.

My vote doesn’t count because I’d choose anyone over idiot, overrated, on the downside of his career Puig.

So I’ll kick this off with a vote for Ozuna. But cast yours and state your case….

1. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:47 am

You probably didn’t see the last post on the previous thread, i.e., I noted that Ozuna went to the White Sox. In answer to your question, my choice is Ozuna due to the drama being left at home (albeit, Puig has a slightly higher WAR of 20 versus Ozuna’s 19.5 over 7 seasons).

• Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:56 am

i did not. thanks. Still, a good question for the day

• blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:01 am

Nothing will be announced today because another article I read indicated that the White Sox are pissed off about the news being released on a football saturated Sunday. Consequently, they are denying it, but you can book it that he’s signing with the White Sox and Jerry Reinsdorf wants to announce it himself.

2. Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:06 am

this is long but I watched it twice. A good reminder of how unique his game was.

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:18 am

And Bernard King turned 63 just 4 days ago…

• snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:42 am

They didn’t include HOF Trash Talker…

3. blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:12 am

I think the Yankees are going to get a run for their money from the impending new owner versus the Wilpons (in other words, competition for the hearts and minds of New York fans). Steve Cohen, the impending owner, insofar as money, makes the Wilpons look like paupers. This dude is uber rich and consequently, I see him making decisions about players the way Steinbrenner did when he was alive. In short, money is no object.

4. zumiee said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:04 am

Ozuna over Puig, I guess. But I don’t have as big a negative feeling about Puig as I used to. I’m just kind of surprised he never turned into a real dominant player. He seems like an under-achiever, with his physical tools.

• Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:08 am

guys that don’t give a shit and only care about sculpting the peak on their biceps tend to be underachievers when it comes to expectations that matter

5. Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:28 am

lol agreed

6. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:39 am

Hmmm alittle Russian Roulette like in the movie Deer Hunter(awesome I might add) I’ll vote for Ozuna only cause his psychotic state of mind is more normal then Puig’s..

7. Bozo said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:40 am

I can’t help thinking that if the corporate brain trust didn’t want to spend $10 mil for one year of Pillar, it is all about going cheap. So the only FAs they’ll sign are of the Kleenex type, players they can toss like used tissues as the season goes on.

• Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:52 am

either that or they are saving the 10 mil to put it towards a guy like Puig

8. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:52 am

Ozuna would have been nice fit here for few years, RH power bat in middle of LU. I think James back in the day had a post (defending Morse iirc) about how few balls hit to LF are defensive issues. Play him out there for as many innings as necessary.
    And as Loo has mentioned in support of others, would have helped unhonkify the team.

Really interested to see what GM does with $30 mil + Giants don’t have to pay Bum Pillar Vogt and Smith just off what they made last year. Hope it’s more than buy saran wrap for ecstatic bean counters.

• willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:27 am

and of course Melancon, tremendous move. So what are you doing with $15 mil saved?

9. Flavor said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:58 am

• Macdog said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:03 am

Scooped!

10. Macdog said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:02 am

FWIW, tweet from Jon Heyman:

Rumor that Marcell Ozuna is signing with the White Sox with announcement coming Monday is not true, I’m told. White Sox appears to be concentrating on pitching at the moment.

11. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:07 am

another big one for Niners today on road. I thought worse case scenario they wind up 12-4. And would be on road vs division winners playoffs (right?). Maybe Unc would know, but has any team won that many games and wound up a WC team?

12. Bozo said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:04 am

Fox is showing the Skins and Pack here, anyone know a place to stream the game?

• blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Sorry John, I just saw this and the game is over. I have about a half dozen sites in HD, but I do advise everyone to do a malware and antivirus check afterwards, i.e., if you are not up on PCs, software, etc., I don’t recommend it. Essentially, you NEVER download (only stream) any apps suggested to you. Let me know in the future if I can help you out.

• Bozo said, on December 8, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Will do, thanks Steve.

13. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:22 am

wow tremendous start for both offenses, and now big KO return. So often teams first drives wind up being best thing they do. See if defenses start to take over.

14. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:28 am

Funny decision there see if extra point winds up making difference.

15. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:42 am

I’m sure it has happened before. I know the Packers were a wild card at 12-4

16. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:43 am

Yeah as WC we would play Dallas/Philly. Whichever shitty team takes the east.

• willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:15 am

true but it’s the ones after that, on the road, that are gonna be tough.

17. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:47 am

Damn. The Sanders trade is paying off in spades. The WRs are stepping up.

18. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:03 am

Saints have 27 points in 22 and half minutes of football.

19. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:04 am

yeah get Mostert the ball!

• willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:05 am

Again! whoo Shanahan says I got some game too y’all ain’t stopping us today neither.

20. Bozo said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:06 am

What was the Over for this game? Shoot out in NOLA.

21. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:07 am

Wow how about that trickery double reverse TD from Deebo to Mosert!! Great call , Great throw!!

22. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:14 am

why does Payton take Brees out? He’s destroying the Niners D and now Bosa nails the slash guy for big loss.
    And the G has more yards passing than Brees does..

• alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:23 am

He always likes to play with his boy toy Tasom Hill due to his speed, but he ain’t no Brees throwin the ball, so it’s to are advantage when he takes a few snaps, they know mostly he’s going to run so stuff the box!

23. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:24 am

Niners already with 300 yrd of offense, Saints with 240 plus the special teams 2 good returns.
    Fun game totally different from last week.
    Mostert my main man!

24. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:25 am

Another great call by Shanny! Juicy pitching to Mosert and off to the races again!

25. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:27 am

Yeah money! nice spike too. Mostert, they have zero answer for.

26. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:27 am

Yeah baby Mosert is a savage!!TD now 49ers!!!

27. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:32 am

55 points at the half looks like the over is covered..

• Macdog said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:52 am

I just turned the game on after putting up Xmas lights, wasn’t expecting to see 30-28 early 3Q.

28. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:51 am

Taysom Hill has done a lot at QB, WR, RB, and a few other spots. Just a fantastic play by Bosa.

29. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 11:52 am

Vegas expected a defensive struggle The over was 44.5. I think that got passed in the 1st quarter.

30. snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Linda Ronstadt has always been one my most favorite women singers since the get go.
    She’s got Parkinsons, but that hasn’t stopped her. I’m even more enamored now, after this.
    Last night, at Kennedy Center honors dinner, the dishonorable Sec. of State Pompeo (attending for Drumpf because he never risks attending public dinners like this), thought he would be funny and said: “As I travel the world, I wonder when will I be loved,” — referencing Linda’s hit “When Will I Be Loved”. At her turn to speak, Linda said: “I’d like to say to Mr. Pompeo, who wonders when he’ll be loved, it’s when he stops enabling Donald Trump.” Badoom! Cheers followed from much of the audience…

• blade3colorado said, on December 8, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Good for her and it deserves a “rim shot.”

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:52 pm

I guess she’s an authority on politics.
        Entertainers should stick to what they know…

• snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:08 pm

She know a damn liar and Russian stooge when she sees one, and has no trouble calling him out.
        Pompeo is a West Point grad. What a disgrace he is to the Long Gray Line.
        He’s spit on Duty, Honor, Country…

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Yet somehow life goes on.
        Business as usual.
        Nobody really knows or cares…

31. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 1:01 pm

OL taking over! Big runs!

32. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 1:03 pm

I WANT THE TOUCHDOWN TO FINISH OFF THE SAINTS!!!!

33. Bozo said, on December 8, 2019 at 1:27 pm

Epic game. Huge.

34. zumiee said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Niners can have become NFL must-see TV.

35. zumiee said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Kings are in the process of blowing another big lead late in the game.

• zumiee said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:18 pm

But they hold on to beat the Mavs.

36. willedav said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:34 pm

wow Goff carving up Seachickens, 21-3 right before half. could make banner day for SF.

37. alleykat69 said, on December 8, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Yeah Goff’s been so inconsistent all year, glad to see him come out of hibernation tonight..

38. unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Not so fast. Goff has 2 picks in the 3rd quarter. Trying to give it back to the Seahawks.

39. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Puke on the Ozone. Craig, your thread heads are becoming epic….

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:53 pm

Our leader is so under appreciated…

• unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Agreed!

• unca_chuck said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Wirth both posts

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Gotta get you to Brooklyn while I’m still upright, Chucky…

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 7:58 pm

What do you mean “becoming”?

40. snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Niners apparently with a good day.
    They win.
    Seahawks lose…

41. mrsprtdude said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:55 pm

Ozuna!

42. mrsprtdude said, on December 8, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Niner game fantastic. Kittle is beast but got lucky that guy grabbed the face mask. It tuned out good, but he should have gone out of bounds.

• djloo27 said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:31 pm

See you in the SB, Dude…

43. snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Ted Simmons and Marvin Miller make it into Baseball HOF by vote of “Modern Baseball Era Committee”.
    Long overdue for Miller.
    Simmons racked up a lot of stats at C:
    2,472 career hits, 483 doubles, 248 homers, 1,389 RBIs, eight All-Star selections over 21 seasons with the Cardinals, Brewers and Braves, and a World Series appearance with Milwaukee in 1982; 50.3 career WAR. I don’t think Posey will get near some of these before he retires. He’s got now just 1380 hits, 270 doubles, 140 HRs, and 673 RBIs, to go w/ 42 WAR and the 3 rings…

44. snarkk said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:18 pm

That pick6 Goff threw tonight — the receiver for some reason just stopped dead in the middle of his slant route. Goff led him, and had he not stopped, he catches the ball. Instead, the defender closed on the ball where the receiver should have been and intercepted the pass, took it to the house. Weird…

45. Macdog said, on December 8, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Re Wille’s 9:07:

A lot of teams have been the wild card at 12-4 since the merger in 1970. The only 13-3 WC team was the Titans in ’99, but that was before the 4-division re-alignment in 2002, so the Titans hosted a playoff game, the famous Music City Miracle.

Since 2002, eight teams have made the playoffs as a WC at 12-4, including the ’13 Niners (beat the 8-7-1 NFC North champ Packers at Lambeau).

The most egregious examples of a WC team losing on the road to a crappy division winner in the playoffs:

2010: 11-5 Saints lost to 7-9 Seahawks