Finally Slaying The Seahawks

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 30, 2019

Still riding high off that incredible win last night. I had so prepared myself for agony. Seattle always inflicts the greatest pain at the rawest possible times. Regardless of how we did it a W is a W and in this case it was a HUUUUUGGGGE W.
I am legitimately feelin’ a Niners/KC Super Bowl this year.

1. willedav said, on December 30, 2019 at 8:21 am

mm it’s great Niners won got high seed home games and bye, but not feeling great about Saleh’s defense in second half. Wilson lit them up and has to be confident he can do so again. Sure SF will be rested and maybe get couple good players back, but still as you said last night Wilson was all prepared to do us in again and barely missed.

2. Macdog said, on December 30, 2019 at 8:25 am

I think this is the first time since ’97 the Niners are the top seed.

3. willedav said, on December 30, 2019 at 8:29 am

SF/KC for the big one that would be fun. SanDog the Road Warrior drives up here to come to Flap stuff/games. Maybe we reverse trend and set up at the Big Harvey?

• Flavor said, on December 30, 2019 at 8:41 am

that would be fun but I’m gonna be in Reno for the SB this year.

4. dirtnrocksnomo said, on December 30, 2019 at 9:23 am

What a game. The # 57 Dan Bunz to Dre Greenlaw goal line stop connection is pretty crazy to think about.

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:30 am

Exact thought I had too, dirt – Bunz’s stop against Cincy…although I think the Niners had all 11 guys on the field on this one…only 10 were on the field when Bunz put on his stuff on Alexander…

5. unca_chuck said, on December 30, 2019 at 9:33 am

Walsh’s 3rd season? 13-3, Super Bowl win. Raiders move to LA.

Shanny’s 3rd year? 13-3. Raiders move to LV.

26-21 score. #57, goal line stand.

Crazy.

• Bozo said, on December 30, 2019 at 10:23 am

I’m glad someone at the NFL pulled out this old script instead of the recent one that they looked like they were starting to use again last night.

6. gianthead said, on December 30, 2019 at 11:38 am

I had Mahomes in fantasy this year and that KC offense has just not clicked as it did last year. And their defense is just not stopping Lamar Jackson…Ravens-Niners double re-match. But we have a tougher road than the Ravens.

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:31 am

That’s the way I see it, GHead…

7. Flavor said, on December 30, 2019 at 1:42 pm

why would the Giants let Pillar walk just so they could sign this idiot? Makes no sense, the team appears to be trying to avoid adding salary. Puig is adding salary. He also adds idiocy.

• snarkk said, on December 30, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Schulman has nothing to report, nothing to say, so he’s saying this…

• djloo27 said, on December 30, 2019 at 3:11 pm

I’d sign ’em both!

• djloo27 said, on December 30, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Schulman left out #6:
      Alleviate some of the boredom…

8. Flavor said, on December 30, 2019 at 3:31 pm

guys like Schulman and Marty Lurie, they’re obviously invested in the team doing well. Team wins, KNBR ratings go up. That is a proven correlation. Schulman would probably rather be reporting on a team that wins. Taking down 3 in 5 did that to him. He’s older, twilight of his career, he probably doesn’t want to sit around waiting for the re-birth.
    Puig would do nothing to make our team better right now.

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:34 am

Cannot see how Puig would not be an upgrade. Guy has more pop than any current (or recent) OFer and has a cannon of an arm. I am with Loo…and would give Puig a spin on a one-year deal…

9. snarkk said, on December 30, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Cal 35-20 over Illinois in the Redbox Bowl at Levi’s. No clue how many showed up for that.
    QB Garbers went for 4 TD throws. Cal ends up 8-5. I think I predicted 8 wins, but I really meant regular season. When Garbers started and finished a game, Cal was 6-0. When he was out injured and did not play, they were 1-3. When he started but didn’t finish the game due to injury, they were 0-2. Too bad the guy couldn’t stay healthy, they surely would have had at least one more win.
    Cal HCoach Wilcox I’ll give one more season; then he’ll be snapped up by somebody else. He’s too good to stay much longer at Cal…

• unca_chuck said, on December 30, 2019 at 8:41 pm

It looked like the upper deck was empty.

10. willedav said, on December 31, 2019 at 7:56 am

Raiders D Carr on heading to play in Vegas next season: “I think it’s time for some fresh air.”
    Cue Quicksilver! and so long to California sunshine and that oaktown fanbase.

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:21 am

Great song/album (Quicksilver Messenger Service)….

Live from Winterland…with an intro by Bill Graham….

• willedav said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:18 am

wow thx man that was fabulous!
        Happy New Year bruthas and sistas

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:38 am

YW…Quicksilver was bad ass back in the day. Didn’t get the pub of a lot of the other bay area groups from the 60s, but they were awesome.

If you google this show, you’re find an entire show from Winterland circa 1975, too. I found another gem…JJ Cale and Leon Russell live session at Leon’s Paradise recording studio in LA (1979). Being from Oklahoma, I cut my teeth listening to both of these “Okies.”

11. gianthead said, on December 31, 2019 at 8:24 am

Why do I get the feeling we are going to be waiting like last year the whole month of January to see where hitters are going to be going and to see if we land anyone???

12. gianthead said, on December 31, 2019 at 8:28 am

Puig for one year and $10 mill seems like a no brianer… just tell him to fight all the SmelLA Flodgers…the money is cheap and plugs a whole and I agree with LOO on the entertainment value. I said Puig and a 4 year deal for Ozuna and one more arm and I am in for next season…

• djloo27 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:27 am

There’s no changing anyone’s mind on this one, GH…

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:36 am

No need to change my mind…I am in on both. Puig for a year, and Ozuna for four.

13. chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:20 am

That was a crazy-ass win. I was reflecting on all the tight games up to this one…Ravens, Aints, SeaChicks I, Falcoons, Lambs, and then this one…this one was off the fucking charts. I couldn’t even sit down for the final 2 minutes, plus…

I think that game shaved a year or so off of my life…fucking intense.

I hope KC makes it to the SB, but they have a tough road ahead, potentially having to play the Ravens in Baltimore.

• unca_chuck said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:45 am

I thought for sure the refs were gonna screw us.

• djloo27 said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:58 am

I think the Walrus has been saving up some wacky stuff for the PS.
      Loss of safety Thornhill hurts…

14. unca_chuck said, on December 31, 2019 at 9:44 am

I don’t see anyone in the AFC beating Baltimore. KC’s defense has been playing better, but KC would have to play a great game to make it. I guess it’s possible, but this looks like a great bunch of playoff teams this year, and Balt is the cream of the crop in the AFC. Even Tennessee is a challenging team at times.

Seattle is likely the 2nd best team in the NFC and they are the 5 seed. I’m very interested to see how Minnesota does. They are the team I’ve seen the least this year. Cousins has put together a strong season thus far. However, they face the buzzsaw that is New Orleans in the big easy. Shot even Philly has been playing better as they were decimated by injuries early. Don;t think they take Seattle, but hey, it’s possible.

15. zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:33 am

If fans can absorb Sherman being on the Niners, they can absorb Puig being on the Giants.

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:40 am

Great analogy…

• snarkk said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:46 am

Sherman brings the defense together. Puig’s conduct shows he doesn’t give a crap about the team…

• zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:56 am

But on a like-ability scale to fans, there’s not a big difference for a lot of fans, IMO.
        Sherman has won over a lot of Niner fans because the Niners are winning; maybe Puig could do the same. Fans mainly just care about winning.

16. zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:36 am

I’d prefer skipping Puig, but I do have to say Loo’s point about Puig taking away some of the Craw/Belt/Posey boredom is intriguing.

17. alleykat69 said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:50 am

Yeah Puig is anything but boring.
    162 games of unpredictable combustible moments could be entertaining!
    Can you imagine Willie Mays trying to talk to Puig about baseball in ST?

18. djloo27 said, on December 31, 2019 at 10:56 am

Muthafucka can still change his ways.
    You’re not getting up to take a leak when he’s at the plate in a close game…

• alleykat69 said, on December 31, 2019 at 11:12 am

Probably not.I saved my piss time when Corey Gearrin came in to pitch..

• chipower9 said, on December 31, 2019 at 11:42 am

lulz…

• djloo27 said, on December 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Great 👍👍👍 Kat!!!

19. zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 11:08 am

Puig at Giants Spring Training, points his finger towards Willie Mays and asks someone “Who’s that old guy?”
    That could be LOL stuff. Not boring! I think I’m warming to the idea.

20. alleykat69 said, on December 31, 2019 at 11:22 am

Jersey 66 last worn by Jose Valdez a pitcher who’s now pitching in Mexico.And before him are very own beloved Gorkys Hernandez wore it twice in different seasons.
    So it’s not like 66 has any good vibes going for it.Puig would make that number stick out more for sure,are even better 666 👹but I don’t think baseball allows 3 degit numbers,like all other sports as well?

21. willedav said, on December 31, 2019 at 11:48 am

OK if we are going to make comparisons…Sherman is a former wideout from Stanford. Unlikeable to Niners fans but intelligent, student of game, team leader and competitive always.
    Puig to me is still same uncoachable player doing stupid shit on bases and who has zero regard for cutoff man.
    Kapler is gonna have his hands full enough with roster he has. Though it would be funny to see him go all billy martin on him and yank him out of RF.

22. willedav said, on December 31, 2019 at 12:42 pm

I think Flav was right on this one. Pillar based on last season exemplifies balls out role model type for younger players. Since they aren’t bringing him back, Puig doesn’t make sense. bum on way out the door talked about guys with winning attitude and grinders on AZ. Minus himself and Pillar to set examples, what other role models for how game is supposed to be played are out there for young guys to follow?

• zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Craw, Belt, Posey, and Longo should be guys who lead the way. They’re going to be here anyway.

• zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 12:48 pm

I get it that it’s more likely those 4 guys will put the whole clubhouse to sleep, but they SHOULD be leaders.

• djloo27 said, on December 31, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Maybe Puig can show those fatsos where the weight room is…

23. zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Kapler will bring a different dynamic to the clubhouse. He’s a rah-rah type of guy, Bochy wasn’t. The players will either buy into Kapler, or he’ll be eventually irritating to them.

24. Macdog said, on December 31, 2019 at 2:30 pm

ZHarris have gotta be rooting hard for the Niners to get to the Super Bowl, to take everyone’s minds off their crappy roster and losing Bum.

• zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 3:12 pm

That’s the way it works. The teams pick each other up. 🙂

25. zumiee said, on December 31, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Rich Hill and Homer Bailey going to the Twins are the big transactions today.

26. unca_chuck said, on January 1, 2020 at 10:50 am

Comparing Sherman to Puig is like comparing Montana to Ryan Leaf. Sherman has been the best corner during his time in the NFL and is a shoo-in for the HoF. Plus, he’s a coach on the field and is a student of the game.

Puig is a drooling moron in comparison.

27. unca_chuck said, on January 1, 2020 at 10:54 am

If they get Puig, it’s simply dart throwing in the dark for Farhan. Castellano has more upside, and like being said, if they are going that route, they might as well re-sign Pillar.

I’m not in the ‘fire Farhan’ FB wives camp, but signing Puig sends a message that nothing matters at all anymore other than bowing to the supposed genius plan in Farhan’s head that bears no resemblance to team unity or to the fans.

28. miniaturepantherdad said, on January 6, 2020 at 10:41 am

Let’s see Seattle SF for NFC championship game! We all want round 3 for sure!