A Great Beginning to NFL Playoffs

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 5, 2020

Wasn’t it? I mean, I don’t know what happened to Josh Allen. He lost his damn mind. He was taking terrible sacks, throwing wobbly, wildly inaccurate balls. He didn’t run enough on those last couple of drives but when he did run, like, what was up with the lateral to the tight end with 1:06 left on the clock? And when push comes to shove and you need a big play run the 50 yard vertical to the fullback who is double covered….said no one ever.

Still, gotta give Houston credit, and especially Watson, for not giving up and making plays to beat a team who, for some reason, was trying to beat itself in the second half……

And that Patriot game, oh baby, I’m still high off that game. Look, I HATE Tom Brady. I hate the way he talks. I hate the way he looks. I hate how he’s got at least 2 Super Bowls that were gifted to him. I hate that he plays in a division that bends over and hands him the division every year.

He was a great quarterback. He was only arguably the best of all time if you factor in his longevity and even then I’d give you 2 Flaps and 2 thumbs down because…….

Joe Montana was the greatest quarterback of all time. That is just about a damn fact.

1. Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 8:19 am

Having said all that I am desperately hoping Brady comes back next year. Preferably in LA where I can get a good look at the implosion and get my knowing dude head nod going. People that are whining saying he didn’t have weapons this year, come on man, this fucking guy is going to be 43 before next season starts. Age is unmotherfuckingdefeated…….

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 8:43 am

There are so many people in the public eye (athletes, politicians, etc.) that I’m sure I despise.
      Then I wonder if we were just hanging out having some beers if I would feel very differently…

2. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 8:45 am

When it comes to GOATS, that comparing eras thing is always the biggest problem…

• willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:01 am

yes Loo in any sport. 50 yrs of watching football and other major sports, I think anyone’s individual GOAT is pretty competitive across the board.

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:06 am

That’s a solid point.

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:09 am

Reached my quota for the decade nice and early…

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:45 am

Upon further review, you were probably responding to Willedav…

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:08 am

I was responding to you, loo

3. snarkk said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:02 am

When Joe was QBing, a friggin’ Defensive End could and did come off the edge and pancake him and any other oppo QB during the game with impunity. During Brady’s era, that doesn’t happen. And, receivers then could be chucked well beyond 5 yards off the line, no problem. So, yeah, the comparison thing is a tough nut to deal with. The Niners back then often had a soft division to deal with, but not as much a lay down division for 20 years like the AFC East — what a useless division. I would put the ’88-’89 Niners against any Pats team under Brady, though, and that Niner team would kick the Pats butt, IMO…

4. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:04 am

Say something else–guys I disliked in younger days are the guys I have quite a lot of respect for now. Just an example, Boston Celts from Auerbach/Russell era up through Larry Bird/McHale.

5. unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:38 am

George Blanda played competitively at 67 years old. In a much tougher era.

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:31 am

Did you mean 47?

6. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:47 am

Which are there more of – Punting Colquitts or Catching Molinas?

• Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:51 am

Or hockey Sutters.

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:59 am

They’re disqualified Mac, because they didn’t all play the same position…

• Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:00 am

Yes, Loo, I realized that as soon as I posted.

• willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:28 am

zendejas kickers. ASU had another one this season.

7. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 10:58 am

Viking secondary had all day to get to that one. WTF?

8. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:29 am

Dalvin Cook another one in long line of Florida HS running backs like D Henry of Texans. Cook didn’t even play football his first year of HS in Miami because Devonta Freeman of Falcons was there and then scored 30 TD a year as his school won state titles.

9. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:46 am

Healthy Dalvin Cook goes a long way to Vikings success (84 yards at halftime) as no back has rushed for 100 yards against Saints this year.
    I know this dude Alexander Mattison is stuck behind Cook at RB, but he’s going to have a great career if possibly traded away, he’s built like Henry, and runs over players like him as well.

10. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:54 am

Bad play calling by Peyton on 3rd and 1, trying a long developing run for Kamara that loses 4 yards

11. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 11:57 am

IF Vikings managed to pull off upset, they would be Niners opponent next week regardless of hawks-eagles game, right?

• Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 12:03 pm

12. unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Yup. We get the lowest seed. Minn would be ideal. If we are gonna play Seattle, I’d like them to get beat up one more game.

13. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 12:58 pm

Boy did Minnesota avoid a disaster on Cook’s fumble, which fortunately was overturned!

14. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 1:12 pm

Nothing like a clutch Lutz to send it into OT!
    Been some great games this weekend with Seahawks &Eagles to follow..

15. unca_chuck said, on January 5, 2020 at 1:31 pm

Wow. N’Awlins fgures out another way to lose another playoff game. Unreal. Snakebit, thy name is Brees.

Good for us. I guess.

I don’t think the ‘Hawks lose, but I’ve been wrong about every other playoff game so far.

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 1:35 pm

At least their fans don’t have to be on Social Security to remember their SB victory…

16. snarkk said, on January 5, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Seems from here that Niners could not have had a better result. Shanny knows Cousins’ weaknesses. Niners get some D line and backer help healthy, they should shut down Cook. Can’t overlook Vikes, though. Get up early on ’em…

17. zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 1:39 pm

NBC, either just locally or nationally, was in a contract dispute with DirecTV, so, for a few days, DirecTV was not showing NBC on my TV. It’s amazing how an NFL playoff game can speed up the negotiation process, and voila, NBC is back on DirecTV.

18. Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Eagles don’t have a QB3 active for the game today so if old man McClown goes down the QB would probably be WR Greg Ward ,lol

19. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Now with Wentz out with a concussion, Seahawks should roll.Backups are just don’t fuck up and run the ball with short passes.Seahawks will clamp down on the run forcing the backup to make plays in the air, which won’t happen..

20. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Lockett might have made tremendous catch there on sideline.
    Hey Seattle and SF could still happen out here for NFC championship.

21. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Designed run, wow McCown is doing it all. Maybe Philly is just better off without Wentz.

22. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 2:55 pm

If you’re bored with this game click on that old Lincecum thread at the top right.
    Twin at his unpleasant-est…

• Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:24 pm

lol, this one had it all except him calling someone “pal”
      twinfan1 said, on April 17, 2012 at 11:20 pm (Edit)
      Maybe self examination is in order then…
      Let me be clear- I don’t care what you think- you chose to start an argument based on your fabrication that I hate Posey and Lincecum. I also understand that many of you don’t like me anymore, if you ever did- if Loo wants to have his stupid poll, I’d be fine with leaving. Unlike before, I just won’t be able to do it physically soon, anyway. In the meantime, until I must or am asked by Flavor to leave, I intend to state my opinions as always. I’m sorry you and I got so far afield, you had always been a favorite of mine.Oh well…

• zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:44 pm

A complex fellow. Here he swings from attacker to martyr in a single post.
        It’s worth noting his line “Maybe self examination is in order” was directed to someone else, not himself.
        He was a fascinating fellow, too. We continue to be fascinated by him.

• zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:49 pm

At a later time I realized how much he was driven by a protectiveness of the Latin players. The racism against them in the ‘50s and ‘60s grieved him deeply.

• zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:50 pm

And he would have told me where to stuff my psychoanalysis of him. 🙂

23. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:04 pm

eagles almost had Wilson and short pass turns into 38 yrd gain.

24. snarkk said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Looking at halftime highlights online, looks to me like Clowney could easily have been called for a penalty for piling onto (with his shoulder) directly into Wentz’ upper back and neck area as Wentz was going down already == the play where Wentz apparently took the head injury. The inconsistency among these targeting and QB roughing calls is ridiculous…

• alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Thought it was a good no call,Clowney’s body was just rolling over the top of Wentz at the exact same time he was going down.Neck 1st then a momentum took him thru his helmet.

25. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Seattle plays stupid football to help Philadelphia stay around.Penalties on both team make this game almost unwatchable..

26. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:44 pm

DK Metcalf is the next Terrell Owens.Size,Strength, Adonis Body. Yep could see him again in 2 weeks, better have a good game plan on him..

27. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:51 pm

that is one helluva thread from 2012; Twin in his self righteousness all over everyone. flav’s comment about glass Sanchez was awesome. Sandoval in those days was so up and down, often over issues with his weight. Sure had it together by WS time!

28. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Wtf very conservative play calling by Philadelphia.
    3rd and 4 and you run the ball?

29. willedav said, on January 5, 2020 at 3:58 pm

3rd and 15 and Wilson scrambles for first down.

30. Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 4:01 pm

First post I see is Unca calling Twin a “master baiter,” haha.

• chipower9 said, on January 6, 2020 at 7:49 am

Me too, Mac. Got a good laugh out of that one…

31. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 4:39 pm

Metcalf 7/160 gets it done.
    Seattle off to Green Bay!

32. Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Bye Eagles Bye.

33. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 4:57 pm

I would guess NFL hopes for KC-GB.
    Or is it meaningless to them?

• alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 5:46 pm

50 years ago for sure.Now 49ers&Ravens the top 2 seeds would be the dream matchup!
      But hey Loo, I’ll pull for KC to knock off Ravens in Championship game, to hopefully set up Chiefs&49ers SB!

34. Macdog said, on January 5, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Phun Phact: Eagles have now faced every NFC team in their playoff history. I don’t think there’s another team in either conference that has done that.

35. zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 6:14 pm

It seems like a hazy memory that the Eagles won the Super Bowl just two years ago.

36. Flavor said, on January 5, 2020 at 6:22 pm

I’d jump off the GG bridge if I had to hang out with this chick every day

• djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 6:47 pm

I understand that I’m a dinosaur so I guess that’s why I don’t understand the point of putting this picture out there. And these 2 aren’t teenagers either…

• Bozo said, on January 6, 2020 at 7:31 am

At first glance, I thought his shirt read Batman sperm.

37. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 7:12 pm

So when are they going to embarrass us more and cast together to be on Dancing with the Stars?

38. djloo27 said, on January 5, 2020 at 7:24 pm

We may not completely grasp what $100 million does to a person…

39. alleykat69 said, on January 5, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Sad fact for the Eagles 🦅
    Stanford JJ Arcega-Whiteside 169 total yards for the season.
    DK Metcalf 160 yards today alone.
    Eagles drafted JJ 7 picks ahead of DK!
    Yeah their going to eat eagle feathers for that pick for years!

40. zumiee said, on January 5, 2020 at 9:08 pm

I feel like there’s something I’m missing about the Old Spice body wash commercials. I’m not really getting it.

41. willedav said, on January 6, 2020 at 7:13 am

chron headline says Be Careful What You Wish For my thoughts exactly. Vikes went in to NO and won, outgaining Saints on ground and staying even in air. Also won turnover battle 2-1 from team who only had 8 all season. Cousins isn’t spectacular but did lead his team to game winning TD and their D got in Brees’ grill.
    Early line shows SF 6 point favs. Hawks 4 point dogs.

• Macdog said, on January 6, 2020 at 8:21 am

Repeat of ’87? Niners were top seed, Vikes beat Saints in WC game, then beat the crap out of the Niners in the next round at Candlestick.

• willedav said, on January 6, 2020 at 8:27 am

yeah scooped! I just looked that up and sent in post. Don’t remember that game at all. Assume Chuck/others would.

42. alleykat69 said, on January 6, 2020 at 7:44 am

Brees&Brady,Rivers&Manning should all hang up the cleats.This year proved more then ever it’s a young mobile QB league.Time to pass the torch on to the new generation.

43. chipower9 said, on January 6, 2020 at 7:52 am

I think I was like most, and just assumed that the Niners would play the winner of the Eagles-Hawks. Bills totally pissed down their leg in the 2nd half.

44. willedav said, on January 6, 2020 at 8:26 am

chron story does reference an embarrassing Vikes-SF playoff debacle 32 yrs ago, Jan ’88. 8-7 Vikes team with Stanford great Darrin Nelson won here 36-24, Wade Wilson (!) and Jerry Burns over Montanta/Young and Bill Walsh after Niners went 13-2 during strike year. Skins whipped Vikes for title and then hammered Elway and Broncs in the Doug Williams game.

• Macdog said, on January 6, 2020 at 8:34 am

Looked it up, that was the game Anthony Carter went off on the Niners: 10 catches for a playoff record 227 yards. Definitely remember Montana getting bench and Young coming in. Vikes lost a close one to ‘Skins in NFC title game, they had a chance to tie it with a TD late but fell just short.

45. alleykat69 said, on January 6, 2020 at 8:50 am

Yeah Eddie D was so pissed off Bill Walsh was thinking of quitting.

46. unca_chuck said, on January 6, 2020 at 10:05 am

That 1987 loss led to Bill Walsh’s departure 2 years later as Eddie D reamed the shit out of Walsh after that loss. Plus, he wore that loss very hard himself. Walsh said he never got over that. He benched Montana for ineffectiveness and Steve Young came in and did OK, but they lost pretty badly.

That was seen as the best team in NFL history to fail in the playoffs at the time.