Five Days….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 29, 2020

I had a dream last night. And it wasn’t one of those good ones like MLK had.

Niners were up 26-24, clock winding down, Maholmes driving…..

Butker kicked a game winning field goal, we lose 27-26.

Terrifying.

Glad I dreamed that last night and not the night before the game. What now? I’m beginning to put my game face on. Confidence is rising. Knowing dude head nod be boppin’. By Sunday you could fire a 45 off next to my head and I wouldn’t flinch.

1. willedav said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:37 am

mm 27-26 would still cover the under though, right? I think score goes over, slightly.

Looked at bracketology on cbs site ahead of March. Right now San Diego St. is a 1 seed, slotted in Midwest region. #8 along side them would be Stanford. Rutgers is #6 same region.
    btw 3 teams from Jersey as Seton Hall is a #2, Monmouth projected play in for #16 in West. First opponent would be Prairie View and a W gets them Zags next.
    5 teams from state Cal, St. Mary’s UC Irvine and USC, 8 teams from Big Ten. Should be fun next month leading up to it.

Btw Yolmer Sanchez got lot of props from bloggers on MLBTR story. ChiSox and other fans said he has great glove, can play 2b and 3b and recently as couple years ago he did have 30 doubles and hit .250-ish. iirc Jose Uribe had one good year at the plate, hitting .290.

2. willedav said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:47 am

Kris Bryant lost his case. story on MLBTR. Likely to be traded or not?

3. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:48 am

Damn. Hall of Famer Chris Doleman died at 58 from brain cancer. Dude only played 3 years in SF near the end of his career, but he had 38 sacks. Great player

4. willedav said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:55 am

Ha yeah Loo Chiefs are in SB. Look at this way–I was in 6th grade class watching Mac’s line drive land in Bobby Richardson’s glove in 1962. Then after 89 and 2002, 3 in 5.
    Chiefs could be onto something, Niners too for that matter.
    And while KC avoided Ravens,still think toughest playoff match ups for SF would have been Saints and Seachickens…instead they got 6 seed Vikes and Pack team they had already destroyed.

5. chipower9 said, on January 29, 2020 at 8:28 am

Flav – that wasn’t a dream, that was a fucking nightmare. 😉

I too am feeling good about the game. I still believe that overall, the Niners are a better/more balanced team.

Again, to me three keys for the Niners are:

Put pressure on Mahomes and not give him time/don’t give up the big plays

Establish the run

Take care of the ball (no turnovers)

They do these things, and they should win the game, IMO.

6. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 8:46 am

I think we would have handled NO with our full complement of defenders. Seattle is a different animal though. Those games are always crazy. Yeah, it’s pretty disappointing to me that the ONE TIME the Chiefs finally make it, they play the Niners. Any other team or year, hell yeah. They may be around a while though. I was in 3rd grade when the Chiefs matriculated the ball down the field. I loved that team. What was it? 30 toss power trap?

Still, I’m SO happy not to see New England, Pittsburgh, or Denver in the Super Bowl from the AFC. They’ve been in 14 of the last 19 Super Bowls. 9 for NE, 3 for Pitts, and 2 for Denver.

7. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 8:47 am

Keep Mahomes on the bench as much as possible with long consuming drives eating clock would be a key to winning.
    My MVP early pick is Deebo Samuels who is really coming on strong in the 2nd half of season,with clutch catches ( not afraid to go over the middle) and they are using him on deceptive run plays(reverses getting to the edge)as well..49ers Baby Rockin a 6th SB win to tie Pats&Pitt for most ever!!

8. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 8:50 am

As they say, the game is won on the line and I think the 49ers win on both sides of the ball. Our O line has come around despite injuries, and our D line is returning to its early season dominance. As Chuck said, run to keep Mahomes on the sideline, and press Mahomes on allsides. He doesn’t do well when flushed to his left or straight ahead.

Jimmy G just has to eat the ball rather than throw when the pressure comes. He’s not very good when forced to run around.

If we play clean we win. Turnovers are gonna be ginormous in this game.

• alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:10 am

Yeah Chuck the one thing Jimmy G needs to do is not force throws in tight coverages.He has a tendency to throw to high are behind a receiver as well, which leads to a pick.If the play isn’t there throw it out of bounds, better than a pick are a sack.

• unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:53 am

Yes, he needs to make quicker decisions re that. He tends to hold the ball too long sometimes. That being said, he got a lot better at not turning the ball over as the season wore on. By week 10 I think he had more turnovers than 12 teams. He tightened his shit up down the stretch.

He’s still fairly new at this quarterbacking thing.

9. gianthead said, on January 29, 2020 at 8:56 am

I will win like $75 with a one point loss but lose out on the $600…so fuck no!

I was not able to get back on the Flap yday to note Dusty as I said last week is the perfect hire. They are going to have a tough year and who better to motivate a team and with us having no shot next year, I will be rooting for Dusty to pull off a miracle. No Cole but should still be a deadly lineup and also now with something to prove.

10. gianthead said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:08 am

I think the key to Super Bowl victory is not establishing the ground game but to make KC think we are going to run run run early and we give them play fake after play fake and Kittle goes MVP hog wild.

Once we loosen up that secondary then pound the ball with Mostert and the Deebo reverses and eat up clock and keep Mahomes off the field..

• unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:33 am

It depends on how they pay their defense. If they bring up the FS close the box to stop the run, go play action over the spot vacated by the safety. Slants to Deebo/Sanders and drag routes to Kittle. What has been so good about this playoff run is how we did basic shit 75% of the time and still killed GB/Minn. Not a lot of tape to look at. We have a LOT of room for different looks and plays. I like Shanny over Reid coaching.

We are likely gonna come out playing nickel (no Greenlaw) so I see KC trying to run misdirection early to get us off balance. They will be throwing early so we need to tackle like we have been all season.

• chipower9 said, on January 29, 2020 at 10:56 am

That is why in my 9:58 comment I said that if the Chiefs are stacking the box early anticipating the run, go play-action (as Chuck mentioned with some slants/drag routes). Also, a guy who could be huge is Juszczyk. He could play large in that play action scheme. Hell, the Niners have even lined him up in the slot before, and had big success with it.

11. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:17 am

I think Dusty Baker better lose his toothpick.Other teams are going to think 🤔 it’s a new way of signaling and stealing signs..

• chipower9 said, on January 29, 2020 at 10:57 am

LULZ…

12. unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:42 am

Man, so jealous. One of the guys on my blog is leaving for Miami tomorrow to go to the game. Never been to a Super Bowl. Hit a few NFC championships/playoff games over the years, but no SBs.

• Macdog said, on January 29, 2020 at 10:08 am

That’s cool. I’ve been to a few as well but never the big one. Since the cheapest tix for the game are in the $4-5K range, going to a Super Bowl seems unlikely unless I hit the lottery.

13. chipower9 said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:58 am

As much as I want to see the Niners be effective in their running game (and I do think it a key in keeping Mahomes on the bench), I think KC will be expecting the Niners to run the ball out the chute. Will the Niners counter with some play-action passes to keep KC honest, and not stacking the box against the run?

• unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 10:31 am

I think how we attack depends on where they put their safeties. GB played us fairly packed on the line, but we used some 3 WR formations to run out of and just killed them. Same with Minnesota. Both at least played their base defense and we still shoved the ball down their throats.

I was more impressed with how we beat the Vikes on the ground as they have a very good D line.

14. Macdog said, on January 29, 2020 at 10:00 am

Of the 53 Super Bowls, a WR has been MVP only seven times. It has happened in four of the last 15 Super Bowls, so it’s certainly possible. If a WR does get the MVP, the total score will likely be in the 40s or lower: Swann 21-17, Biletnikoff 32-14, Rice 20-16, Branch 24-21, Ward 21-10, Holmes 27-23 (50), Edelman 13-3. If it’s a high-scoring game, chances are the QB is the MVP. No TE has ever won it, but there’s a first time for everything, and Kittle and Kelce are as good as it gets.

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on January 29, 2020 at 11:47 am

Here’s something I came across regarding the Astros scandal. Sort of hard to imagine this guy gathering all of this data but still interesting.

• zumiee said, on January 29, 2020 at 3:57 pm

That’s a serious commitment to data-gathering. It is interesting.

On the MLB Network, several pundits talked about how the Astros players are going to have to address all of this. If the Astros players from 2017 who are still on team think that they can just kind of skate past the media on all this, no, that’s not going to happen. It’s going to be an ongoing quest by the media to get those players to get honest about all of this.

16. Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 1:36 pm

Giants bringing back the Panda.

• unca_chuck said, on January 29, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Minor league deaI think. Cheap and easy. He won’t get this love anywhere else.

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2020 at 3:48 pm

I read his TJ was on 9/4. He’s ready to go?

• Macdog said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:02 pm

From Pavlovic story: Sandoval is currently recovering from Tommy John surgery but is said to be well ahead of schedule. Says at time of surgery the expectation was that Sandoval would miss most of the 2020 season, but now he should be back far sooner than originally anticipated.

17. djloo27 said, on January 29, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Surprising fact (to me):
    John Montefusco only won 90 games in his ML career…

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Mark The Bird Fidrych only won 29

18. Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:22 pm

It is fucking absurd that we are signing all these old guys (Panda, Gausman, Smyly). Seriously, what in the actual fuck is Z doing? It’s like he’s trying to put together the worst team in the league. You want to rebuild? Ok, I’m down. THEN STOP SIGNING OLD GUYS

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:25 pm

I’ll tell you what he’s doing: FAILING

• alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Old timer games will be the norm at Snoracle Park this year🤣🤣

19. Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:30 pm

Dusty, man. Still the coolest cat around

• djloo27 said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Did he have to share the game ball with Russ Ortiz?

20. Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 4:42 pm

man, look at this dopey broad. Back when baseball was zany.

21. alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Yeah Morganna makes Carol Doda’s 44DD look like a training bra..

• Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Carol Doda, lol. Dating yourself kat!

• alleykat69 said, on January 29, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Yeah that’s for sure BF 😂
        Couple of buddies and I were walking in North Beach getting a good skink on when we literally stumbled upon the Condor Club which has the huge tits sign lit up with red blinkers over each nipple, it was the trademark signature for Carol Doda’s establishment.Anyway we went in paid a cover charge I believe, and watched this skanky old blonde hair bitch(Carol)flaunt her huge blown up tits on stage, had a couple more beers and split, not impressed, but I have to say she was a legend in her heyday and the place was packed!

22. Macdog said, on January 29, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Giants’ slogan for 2020:

• chipower9 said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:46 pm

😂

Although, that is a damned good album. I was listening to one of the discs from the entire Boarding House sets going to work this morning.

23. djloo27 said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:20 pm

This season they should hang a ‘Z’ for every scoreless inning…

• Macdog said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:38 pm

Put a thought balloon around it above the fans: Zzzzzzzzz

24. Flavor said, on January 29, 2020 at 7:21 pm

uh oh. Hasn’t this motherfucker been on a long losing streak?

• snarkk said, on January 29, 2020 at 9:00 pm

There are tons of mattress commercials on radio.
      Does everybody change their damn mattress every 2 years?…

• djloo27 said, on January 30, 2020 at 3:51 am

I think they stopped making the ones that you can flip over…

• alleykat69 said, on January 30, 2020 at 6:11 am

What’s a mattress?
        I still use my 70’s sleeping bag..