Two Pictures, One Post

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 1, 2020

Johnny Antonelli died yesterday. What struck me most was that his height and weight listed is almost exactly Ramos’ height and weight.

PK sent me this pic with Frank Lary’s card underneath for some reason. Hidden message? Stop Big Flavor, just post the picture….

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 7.10.17 AM

And earlier in the day San Diggity Dawg messaged me on Twitter. I was worried. Was something wrong? Nobody messages me on twitter. But it was nothing. Just this sweet bastard of a picture.

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 7.04.04 AM

You should all be able to guess who’s photo bombing the pic, right?

1. Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 7:56 am

Frank Lary was born and died in Northport Alabama. I bet Frank was one racist fuck.

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:59 am

Notorious Yankee-killer…

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:12 am

he was one of 3 notable people who came from Northport, Bammy. You will not be able to guess the other two

• Macdog said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:12 am

Wow, Lary was 27-10 against the Yanks from 1955 to 1961.

2. Winder said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:14 am

looks like either Moffitt or Montefusco.

• sandog said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:22 am

Good guesses, but I don’t think so. I think there are 3 guys in the background who can be indentified and none of them are a member of SFPD.

3. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:30 am

The young Kingman could run and steal bags. Adventure at 3b though, especially if you were sitting on 1b side lower boxes.

• Winder said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:45 am

I got to where I hated Stoneham for constantly giving away the Giants future.

4. djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:59 am

Steve Ontiveros?

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:13 am

Ontiveros is the guy Diggity guessed, too.

5. Winder said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:03 am

Speaking of Stoneham and Antonelli

6. Bozo said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:06 am

Looks like a young Murph in the background. Mike Sadek without a stash?

7. Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:11 am

“ox” on the uni of the guy sitting down has to be Maddox right? Dude in white shirt is obviously Murph. Can’t see enough of the other black guy other than his fro. Diggity told me who the photo bomber was so I’m not guessing that guy.

8. Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:14 am

Black guy w/o shirt on, Bonds?

9. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:30 am

1 for sure Gary Maddox, great player!
    Yeah I’ll go Bobby Bonds like Flavor’s guess?
    My other choice would be Gary Mathews?

10. sandog said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:35 am

Agree on Ontiveros, Maddox, and Murph.

I do think the other guy could be Sarge himself, Gary Mathews—nice call Kat.

Loo–is that the same jersey you have? Did they really put “San Francisco” on the home uni?

11. sandog said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:37 am

The guy with his head down walking into dugout—-Mike Caldwell maybe???

12. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:53 am

Is that The clubhouse guy Mike Murphy in the white shirt?

• alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:56 am

Oh I didn’t see Bozo’s guess up there on Murph first..

13. Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 10:00 am

I don’t think we had too many black guys on the team so Bonds or Gary Matthews is probably the other guy but I remember Matthews having way more of a fro, right?

14. Flavor said, on March 1, 2020 at 10:04 am

Other Northport, Bammy notables: Hannah Brown, former Bammy beauty pageant winner and LeRon McClain former NFL player.
    Phew, glad I got the Northport stuff out of the way early, now I can go tackle the day.

15. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 10:57 am

We didn’t need to many black guys when we had the best outfielders all time in Giants history with Matthews,Maddox&Bonds! I had the pleasure of seeing all 3 at the Stick and they could flat out track down any ball,and all with cannons for arms..
    I would still to this day put those guys up against any other teams best outfield alltime..

• Winder said, on March 1, 2020 at 12:22 pm

kat i still think Cepeda, Alou, and Mays was just as good if not better. The three you mentioned were allstars and we just gave em away

16. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 12:02 pm

trying to nail down year of the pic. ’73 and ’74, would have been Kingman’s last years as Giant and would correspond with awesome OF Kat mentioned. Ontiveros first showed up ’73 played more regularly ’74.. Caldwell didn’t come to SF til ’74.

17. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 12:16 pm

I’d say the other black guy is Sarge, he had little wider rounder head than Bonds though my recog of guys from that era not good.
    Maddox was traded ’75, for 1b willie the phillie who hit .306 in before being traded a year later to Braves for Darrell Evans,

• willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 12:47 pm

Ontiveros was traded away in Murcer deal to Cubs for Madlock. ’74 was debut of Ed Halicki, signed out of Monmouth College in Jersey ’72. something else about ’74, the year Bryant fell apart after awesome ’73 winning 24 games; if you look at B/R they list park factors, and by the Stick of all places favored batting with numbers like 105/109. The Stick, a hitters yard? Not at those mid week night games, place was Arctic.

Madlock in SF had almost exact same OPS (.796 vs. 786) that he did with Pirates but that ’79 season he helped spark them to title while time in SF he didn’t seem to like it at all, at least compared to Chicago.

18. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Yeah that’s Sarge.
    73&74 were the only 2 years that stud outfield played together.Amazing how great of outfielders they could draft then but years of frustration ever since except Chili..
    And even more amazing they let them all start they’re careers at an early age as everyday players at 22or23 years old.They sure haven’t done that ever since,maybe Ramos might do that since he’s only 20..

19. Macdog said, on March 1, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Posey 2-run HR, Craw 2-2 & 3 runs today.

20. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 2:13 pm

thx Mac. Just to complete trifecta Kapler talking up Belt again, for whom he gave baserunning award to.
    “Brandon has been really driven since the beginning of spring. He’s demonstrated that he’s really devoted to having a great season for us this year, and that starts with playing an all around game.”

said in his best used car salesman’s voice..”sure is a beauty, ain’t she?”

21. djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 3:28 pm

I still find it hard to believe that there were 2 guys in MLB named Steve Ontiveros and they weren’t related…

22. zumiee said, on March 1, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Ramos has a mild oblique strain, and will be out for a while. Well, that’s a bummer.

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Classic PED/HGH injury…

23. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 4:15 pm

Stanford news: playing tough home game vs. Colorado, leading by 3 with 15 to go. David Shaw is in house along with dad Willie Shaw, SD coaching legend who had long career in college and pros coaching dbs. cbs site says former star Chasson Randle will sign 10 day contract with Wariors after getting release from Chinese team.

• zumiee said, on March 1, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Fred Biletnikoff is at the Sac Kings game. Cool to see him.

24. pawliekokonuts said, on March 1, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Thinking of moving to Northport, Alabama. It’ll take longer for coronavirus to get there.

25. pawliekokonuts said, on March 1, 2020 at 5:15 pm

I heard someone say they’re not drinking Corona because of it. I do accept that people can be that stupid.

• zumiee said, on March 1, 2020 at 5:22 pm

26. djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 7:28 pm

It’s still a rout in the U.S.A…

Juan Corona: 25
    Coronavirus: 2

• zumiee said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:15 pm

And Dow Jones -4,000.

27. willedav said, on March 1, 2020 at 7:36 pm

It’s a rout in the City too, as Wizards blowing out Warriors by 20 in 4th. Beal had 27 at half did not score a point in 3rd and rest of Wizards outscored Warriors 31-19 to blow open 6 point game. Good to see Hachimura the Gonzaga kid.

28. djloo27 said, on March 1, 2020 at 7:59 pm

I think I just saw the lamest commercial in history.
    It was for Sam Adams beer.
    I’m still wondering if it was a joke or not…

29. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2020 at 8:16 pm

38% of Americans will not drink Corona beer 🍺 now due to the outbreak 😷

30. zumiee said, on March 1, 2020 at 9:37 pm

I wonder what percentage of people think professional wrestling is real. That’s probably another scary statistic.