Ramos Down

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 2, 2020

Ramos hurt his oblique, he’s out a few weeks (minimum). It so funny to me how our most exciting players always go down and the Flab Four just keep chugging along healthy as can be.

Craw is hitting the ball so far this Spring. A good sign or a February mirage?

Spring training is too long there like another month of this.

I’ve stared out the window long enough I want some meaningful baseball.

1. chipower9 said, on March 2, 2020 at 7:21 am

Saw that story on Heliot. That sucks. Good question about the injuries in relation to the Flab Four.

While I love the ST vibe, I agree that it could be shortened, but it is such a money maker for MLB and the clubs, I am not holding my breath.

Too early make judgement on anyone re: what they are doing so far. We have another month of ST, and then the 162 game grind. I hold judgement on anything of relevance until we hit about the 1/2 mark of the season.

2. Bozo said, on March 2, 2020 at 7:32 am

Staring out a window is considered way more acceptable than staring in windows. Just sayin.

3. willedav said, on March 2, 2020 at 8:01 am

well, everyone except Crawford has suffered major injury that have impacted performance. Longo was doing OK last year before he got hurt iirc. but yes Bart getting hurt sucked and you hope Ramos will be OK. Far too often ballplayers come back before they are truly healed or they ignore discomfort and try to compensate. Usually this isn’t good.

4. willedav said, on March 2, 2020 at 8:07 am

fwiw, here’s Giants head vet cheerleader Kapler after Posey bomb yesterday:
    “Buster has pop. I think you can be fooled by looking at last year and thinking that for a guy who wasn’t at 100%, that was his peak power. What we’re seeing right now is, he’s driving the ball. To get the ball up in the air to the opposite field and drive it like that in a pretty big ballpark…a good indication of what’s to come for Buster.”

5. willedav said, on March 2, 2020 at 8:17 am

Sure ST is way too long but with so many guys in camp maybe it’s good thing for Kapler and SF. Yesterday Avelino played some SS, wong some 3b (!) Shaw some 1b Yaz and Ham split CF with everyone getting 2 ABs. Lot of stuff still to sort out and Ramos oblique reported as “minor” after a throw from OF.

Just a ?: all of you who have played baseball/softball in younger days, ever hurt yourself significantly on a play like that, or diving for a ball on grass?

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2020 at 8:40 am

Yes. Tore ligaments in my thumb diving for a ball playing CF

• djloo27 said, on March 2, 2020 at 9:02 am

Did you make the catch?

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2020 at 9:30 am

no. ball skipped past me for an ITPHR

6. alleykat69 said, on March 2, 2020 at 9:31 am

Broke my left wrist in the 1st inning in are softball game,putting a tag on a runner I was expecting to slide into 2nd and he came in standing up.His knee hit my wrist full force and the knee won.Didnt know it was broken but it didn’t feel right.Stayed in the game cause we would of had to play with 8 players.We won the game.Got 2 hits batting left handed lol then went to the bar 1st after the game( hoping to relieve some pain)for a few then the hospital where they said I would need surgery due to the splintering of the bone,8 screws and a plate later was my battle scar.Bummed only that I missed the playoffs and are team won it all,but that’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes..

7. djloo27 said, on March 2, 2020 at 10:22 am

The Little League umpire who molested me may have done some psychological damage.
    Cup check my ass…

• Flavor said, on March 2, 2020 at 10:49 am

lol

• djloo27 said, on March 2, 2020 at 11:39 am

My first hand job…

• chipower9 said, on March 2, 2020 at 12:22 pm

LOL. Was the ump Catholic?

• unca_chuck said, on March 2, 2020 at 2:52 pm

No, but the ump was trying to flog the bishop . . .

8. zumiee said, on March 2, 2020 at 2:40 pm

MLB Network is replaying today’s Giants game tonight on tape delay, at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, I think.

9. unca_chuck said, on March 2, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Did Pence start in RF?

• Macdog said, on March 2, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Yes, 1-2 RBI single.

10. unca_chuck said, on March 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Thx, MD.

11. Flavor said, on March 2, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Lol Jesus Christ this man is so dumb.

12. djloo27 said, on March 2, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Still not even close:
    Juan Corona: 25
    Corona Virus: 6

13. alleykat69 said, on March 2, 2020 at 8:45 pm

When they run out of masks at the stores you can always share a woman’s bra with a friend!

14. zumiee said, on March 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm

It’s reportedly pretty quiet in Seattle tonight. People are staying home. Future implications for Mariners games.
    If something like this happens in SF this month, the Giants’ ballpark will be a ghost town in April.

• djloo27 said, on March 3, 2020 at 3:50 am

Sounds like they are getting a little desperate.
      They just announced Juan Corona bobble head night will be May 9th vs Chisox.
      Half price admission for migrant farm workers…