Haircut Time

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 10, 2020

My clippers came late last night. The box has been sprayed and is awaiting an unboxing in the quarantine area at Casa de Flavor. Katie has been put on notice that this is happening.

So now the only thing left to do is wait for it to happen.

1. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:41 am

Gotta wonder how women of all ages handling care and maintenance of hairstyle they are accustomed to.

Thx to Unc for pick of Stick and Loo for the box on home opener.
    Interesting transactions btw Cards and Giants involving starting players there. For some reason Giants gave up Spencer, .750 OPS IF guy with double digit HR power and Leon Wagner (out of anywhere to play once Mac exploded 1959) to Cards for light hitting IF Don Blasingame whom they unloaded to Reds later for C Ed Bailey.

Bill White of course was a NY Giant who wound up in military and Giants traded him long before he had great career for Cards as AS1b. The pipeline of 1b/OF from mid late ’50s on into ’70s was just unreal.

2. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:45 am

Dick Williams was one of those guys who baseball cards said “IF/OF” on the front. Buddy of mine in ’80s used to wear Orioles hat with white in front and bird logo in the middle, great hat.

• willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:47 am

hat had the black on the sides with orange bill. Still available I see.

3. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:06 am

Too funny

4. Stan Shell said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:46 am

Bf, I absolutely cannot stand long hair. I’m waiting for more input from your hair sheering experience. Pictures please. Info on clippers would be appreciated.

Stay safe Flappers.

OSF

5. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:53 am

Watching the Giants A’s game from mid August last night made me think of something.
    The A’s had Semien at SS Olson at 1b and Chapman over at 3b, their 3 young AS.
    Semien is FA after 2020 and the other 2 are that closer to big payoffs in arbitration. This A’s team won 97 games, is very young and talented and has loads of young pitching at ML ready level, tho coming off injuries.

So if there is limited say 80 games or less played who gets hurt the worst?

Giants while getting a year closer to be able to wave goodbye to older players under expensive contracts, also lose out on younger guys Bart Ramos Luciano et al (including the much younger guys Keith Law likes like Canario Toribio Bishop Wilson and pitchers) gaining any more experience. This pushes them farther out from coming up to big club unless Z/H decide to wing it and promote them anyway.

6. sandog said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:58 am

Haircut time—I love it!

• willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:04 am

wonder if there is black market sideline gig for this…

7. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:02 am

Olson and Chapman both arb eligible 2021; both currently making $580K.
    Olson 2019: 36 HRs/91 rbis slash line .267/.351/.545 .896 OPS
    Chapman 2019 36/91 slash line .249/.342/.506 both gold glove fielders 26-27 age range
    these guys are gonna get paid

8. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:28 am

The Canadian leader getting real with Canadians:
    “OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau warned Canadians Thursday that the current social distancing and self-isolation measures may be in place for another year and half, telling the public it will have to remain vigilant for another 12 to 18 months.
    “What I am saying is until there is a vaccine available, the reality of COVID-19 will still be with us,” Trudeau said, in French, during his daily press conference outside his Ottawa home. “And so for the months that that will take, and there are some estimates that say six or eight months, some say a year or a year and a half, we will have to be vigilant.””

9. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:34 am

There’s another Giants retro game on the Giants TV network tonight.

10. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:42 am

She ask me why,I’m a hairy guy
    I’m hairy noon and night,hair that’s a fright
    I’m hairy high and low,don’t ask me why,don’t know
    It’s not from lack of bread,like the Grateful Dead
    Darlin,give me a head of hair,long beautiful hair
    Shining,gleaming,steaming,flaxen,waxen
    Give me down to there hair,shorter length and longer
    Here baby,there momma,everywhere,daddy,daddy
    Hair,Hair,Hair,Hair,Hair,Hair,Hair,Hair
    Flow it,show it,long as God can grow it,my hair

11. chipower9 said, on April 10, 2020 at 10:36 am

Looking forward to the pictures of the haircut, Flav. My intent is to ride this mother out and go shaggy…fuck it.

I considered quitting shaving, but after three days could not stand it. I did have a massive full beard back in the 80s. That ship has sailed….

• unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2020 at 10:52 am

Made it 8 days, and couldn’t stand it. Got my haircut 3 days before the lockdown so I’m good for a bit.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 1:06 pm

i grew a beard once, came in good. But after 3 weeks I had to take it off. My buddy says there’s a point you hit where it’s no longer scratchy but, sadly for my beard, I never made it to that day….

12. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 10:49 am

I’m back to a gray mustache and goatee.
    Just couldn’t go for the full beard 🧔🏼 look and look like Santa Claus..

13. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2020 at 10:56 am

Don;t remember this guy making the show . . .

DW

• Bozo said, on April 10, 2020 at 11:33 am

New York Giants?

• gianthead said, on April 10, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Looks like he weakly swung through a strike!!!

• alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 12:40 pm

A scrawny Johnny LeMaster!

14. chipower9 said, on April 10, 2020 at 11:42 am

For those of you looking for a little music entertainment, here ya go:

On Saturday, April 11, Farm Aid boardmembers Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews will all perform live for a special “At Home with Farm Aid” benefit.

Full details here:

15. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 12:58 pm

16. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Thanks for that Mays picture yesterday, Flavor.
    I made it my desktop background. It’s so great.
    The kid in the picture has to be 70 now.
    Willie turns 89 in a few weeks…

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 1:07 pm

glad you enjoyed it. It really is a great pic. I got caught up in all the background stuff–the old man sitting on the garbage can, the hoses on the ground, the radio in the guy’s hand—it was just an epic snapshot of America the way it used to be.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:54 pm

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 4:02 pm

“Brooks Was Here”

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 4:55 pm

“So Was Red”

17. Stan Shell said, on April 10, 2020 at 1:28 pm

BF, tell your daughter the whole Flap World is waiting for the picture of the results. Especially me, as I already starting to obsess over mine. One month and I start getting antsy. It’s been 5 weeks!

OSF

18. gianthead said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Brandon Crawford (@bcraw35) Tweeted:
    Here’s the first official #BCrawBracket. Favorite SF Giants player (1990-2009). Players only had to be on the team at some point between ‘90-‘09 to qualify (Buster had 17 ABs in ‘09). This is FAVORITE player, not BEST player. Enjoy! https://t.co/6p8BFI8cLb https://twitter.com/bcraw35/status/1244073245696880640?s=20

• gianthead said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Dont know if the Flap already circulated this Brandon Crawford Giants fav players from 1990-2009 bracket buster???? I guess they are voting at Sweet 16 level now.

I would have gone Kevin Mitchell over Buster (if 2009 was the cutoff then a lot of the 2010 Giants champ rum really should not be on this bracket game) and my Final Four would be The Thrill over Matt Williams to advance Bonds over Brian Wilson, Mitchell over JT Snow and the toughest battle would have been Bum over Tim-May. Then Thrill over Bonds, Bum in a tight one with Kevin Mitchell and ultimately Thrill over Bum!!! What say you all???

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Where are the Brandons?

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:24 pm

Oh I see, they conveniently didn’t play during his arbitrary 20 year window…

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 2:41 pm

Bum-Tim is brutal.
        They shouldn’t be in the same bracket…

19. Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 3:19 pm

lol

20. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 4:25 pm

I’m not really a Tarantino fan overall, but Once Upon A Time in Hollywood is pretty brilliant.
    I liked Jackie Brown a lot.
    Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are just so over the top I was put off.
    The other ones I saw parts of, but couldn’t hang in there with.

21. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Trivia time:
    Who is the only player in the history of the game to lead the league in Triples,Homeruns&RBI’s in the same season?

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 5:23 pm

No idea, but I’d bet it was pre-1950…

• alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 5:55 pm

No much later..

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:05 pm

I was bluffing…

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Still no idea, but I would guess one of those Colorado Rockies…

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Looked it up. Never woulda got it.
        What a fuckin’ year he had. Remember it well.
        I’ll add a hint:
        He finished his career tied in HRS with 2 other well known sluggers.
        The 2 guys he tied with have the same last name.
        Can you name any of them?

22. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Dr. Fauci’s thoughts on the future of handshaking:

““I don’t think we should ever shake hands ever again, to be honest with you. Not only would it be good to prevent coronavirus disease; it probably would decrease instances of influenza dramatically in this country,” Fauci said.

Fauci brought it up again during the White House’s coronavirus task force briefing Wednesday, saying “it sounds crazy but that’s the way it’s really got to be.””

• alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 5:59 pm

Maybe back to the Bash Brothers Canseco&McGwire forearm bash could work?

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:03 pm

The knowing dude head nod is even better!

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:03 pm

I was never a real germ-a-phobe, but about 20 years ago, it hit me how disgusting it is to eat birthday cake after someone has spit all over it blowing out the candles. Many people thought I was being a jerk for refusing to eat it. It’s bad luck!

23. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:22 pm

Howard Hughes would be saying “Who’s laughing at me now?”

24. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Hate to think what we must’ve done to girls in the back seat with our filthy hands…

25. Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:39 pm

i love Tarrantino, just watched Inglourious Basterds (yes that’s how it’s spelled) last night, really really good. It cracked my top 4 Tarrantino movies–1) Pulp 2) Once Upon a Time 3) Rez Dawgs 4) ‘Basterds

26. Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 6:48 pm

I’ve always tried to avoid shaking hands. If someone comes at me, I’ll do it. But it’s probably the second best way to catch a bug after maybe having someone cough directly in your face. If shaking hands is all over because of this shit, I’m 100% in on that.
    Katie cut my hair. It looks good, nothing too interesting one way or the other. I’ll post a pic tomorrow morning in the main thread.

27. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:07 pm

Tarantino list for me.
    1) Pulp
    2) R Dogs
    3) Dijango Unchanied
    4) Once upon a time
    5)Inglerouis Basterds

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:12 pm

I never saw Django, I’ll give it a try

28. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:09 pm

What a trip, watching the video game of Giants vs. Padres on the Giants TV network right now. Kruk&Kuip broadcasting from home and staying in character.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Is Kruk flipping a baseball up and down?

• willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:20 pm

these are fun I think. little odd visuals but I’ll watch this.

29. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:42 pm

the sim Pence doesn’t look near goofy enough.
    That was funny that wil Myers hit 2 run HR in simulated game too

30. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Jaylin Davis sighting! beats out IF hit in 11th.

31. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 7:56 pm

The crowd behind home plate looks super-hyper when the home team is batting.

32. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:01 pm

Oh cool- they’re showing the Game 7 Scutaro rain game.

33. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Pads home unis in the sim game looked pretty good. white with dark pinstripes, Padres in brown across front friar logo on sleeve. Funny that Giants won Machado’s second throwing error of game.
    Next week Kuip says they will show one Friday night vs. Braves. They go fast–12 inning game took an hour.

• Macdog said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Wow, done before the seagulls attack.

34. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:29 pm

“Way, shape or form” has to fuckin’ go and take “sooner than later” with it.
    I really can’t handle it…

35. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:29 pm

So what’s the Giants record in simulated games now?

36. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Trivia hint
    Played in 70’s and 80’s in the AL

37. willedav said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:38 pm

Kat I had no idea even with Loo’s and your hints so I looked it up very surprising.
    funny thing is the year this happened the player had a teammate involved in 2 infamous transactions.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Now that one I know…

38. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Another Tarantino-related film that I loved was True Romance. Tony Scott directed it but Quentin wrote it. The dialog between some of the characters (Hopper and Walken especially) was brilliant. Quite violent but great characters.

39. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2020 at 8:52 pm

What happens to the traditional hockey handshake line at the end of a playoff series?
    Gloves stay on I guess…

40. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:18 pm

The Scutaro rain game is also the Pence ball-batted-3-times-on-the-broken-bat-swing game. The ball did crazy stuff as the shortstop got fooled by the flight of the ball.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:23 pm

The super slo mo of that ball on bat 3 times is still incredible to see. The spin the ball had on it once it hit the ground was unreal.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Another of those great 3-in-5 breaks the Giants got. Giants fans had to wait 50+ years to get all those breaks, but they came in a huge cluster.

41. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:20 pm

Joe Kelly doing relief pitching for the Cards.

42. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:30 pm

The latest nonsensical idea that pretends the season isn’t over.

“Major League Baseball, assessing myriad proposals, has discussed a radical plan that would eliminate the traditional American and National Leagues for 2020, a high-ranking official told USA TODAY Sports, and realign all six divisions for an abbreviated season.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the proposal is one of several being discussed.

The plan would have all 30 teams returning to their spring training sites in Florida and Arizona, playing regular-season games only in those two states and without fans in an effort to reduce travel and minimize risks in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The divisions would be realigned based on the geography of their spring training homes.”

43. zumiee said, on April 10, 2020 at 9:48 pm

I remember late in the game Cain hit Holliday in retaliation for Holliday crushing Scutaro while breaking up a double play earlier in the series.