Stix Rises?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 22, 2020

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 7.29.19 AM

Then I missed some things. Admittedly I haven’t been pouring over the comments lately. I thought I read something about one of the Chuck’s finding out that he’s no longer listed as a prisoner. What else has been found to indicate he is “alive and well?”

What comes back first? Stix or baseball?

Also, I was sifting through some old photos that I’ve posted here before and found this one. Good times.

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 7.31.41 AM

1. Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 7:56 am

talk about a calm presence on the sidelines and you’re talking about this guy.

2. willedav said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:05 am

Yeah that’s too bad, loved Sloan. Tough player on those old Bulls teams that used to battle Warriors with Norm Van Lier, Bob Love Chet Walker. He ran great motion 1-4 offensive sets in Utah even after Stockton Hornacek Malone; those 3 ran classic variations of triangle set up with highly skilled and very efficient smart players.

I watched Ja Morant and Grizzlies vs. Wizards last night, two marginal playoff teams that mostly cranked up ill advised 3s or dribbled around forever without going anywhere. Morant and Beal are fun to watch, otherwise the concept of what the teams do is boring mix of endless high screen and roll and everyone standing around perimeter.

3. chipower9 said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:19 am

Flav – as I mentioned on the past thread, I swapped IMs with a couple of Stix’s relatives, and was told he is living with his sister about 20 miles south of Minneapolis in Lakeville. I passed along my contact info, so hope to hear from our man.

So, unless Bruce was pulling my leg, it appears our guy has been released. Not sure if he is on probation, etc., but he is a free man.

Looking forward to the first Stix post, if he does indeed post.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:28 am

Ok, I missed this one. Thanks. So either he’s in a house without internet or he’s ghosting us. Lqtm

• chipower9 said, on May 22, 2020 at 10:05 am

LMAO. True. Who knows…if he is on probation, there may be some goofy-ass rule about no internet for a certain time…Anyway, we do know that he has been released and is living with his sis. That alone made my day, especially after the news xoot had shared a while back about the prisons being rampant with cova-19.

4. willedav said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:26 am

Memorial Day weekend seems empty. 2002-2007 I was coaching Asian travel ball club team and this is when we hosted tournament teams from SF, Sacramento, Peninsula and LA. 6 age divisions, boys and girls, 2 games Saturday followed by Adult Social (free food and drink) dance for players and then finals game Sunday.
    There were separate levels for adults–I saw local Piedmont Hills of San Jose guy Rex Walters play in one after his NBA career was over.

Once I stopped coaching I would go check out teams at different gyms; last season someone I had coached was now coaching and his team is very good and fun to watch; always run into parents grandparents and even refs from past. But not this weekend.

5. Winder said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:53 am

6. sandog said, on May 22, 2020 at 9:58 am

That IS a great pic. Funny thing, my nephew Joe was the one who entered the scrum and aggressively tried to get the ball. (Panik home run ball in Game 5 NLCS). Somehow it squirted out of the scrum and came right to Matt.
    Joe came back disappointed saying he didn’t get it, and then Matt held up the ball showing he had it–and all hell broke loose, leading to that photo.

Can’t wait for the first Stix Post!

7. chipower9 said, on May 22, 2020 at 10:07 am

Never get tired of seeing that photo. It’s a classic.

• sandog said, on May 22, 2020 at 10:47 am

Chi–thanks for all of your efforts keeping in touch with Stix and tracking him down. It’s gonna be awesome if/when he gets back on here.

• chipower9 said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:44 pm

You bet, SanD. I know a lot of Flappers are interested in how he is doing. I truly hope he pops-up here. It will be a hoot and a day to celebrate!

8. wilcojoe said, on May 22, 2020 at 11:10 am

I was just thinking, I hope some troll doesn’t try to log in as Stix to fuck with us. Then I realized that would be impossible to pull off. His writing style was one of a kind.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 11:43 am

Exactly.plys I can check the back end, make sure he’s using his stix email addy, I doubt he even knows how to fire up another email account.

• chipower9 said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:45 pm

Agree. The dude definitely has a unique writing style. After swapping many letters with him, I would spot a fraud in a NY minute.

9. zumiee said, on May 22, 2020 at 12:24 pm

That photo with the ball is so great. Rights to the photo should be sold to MLB for them to use as a marketing photo.

• zumiee said, on May 22, 2020 at 12:26 pm

For when crowds are allowed to gather at games again, however, which could be a very long time.

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Zum, I fixed that e-mail link on the last thread if you’re interested.
        Can’t believe what a mess I made of it the first time…

10. willedav said, on May 22, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Watching end of game 2 1980 world series Phils over Royals. Phils rally vs. Quiz for 4 runs, Bake McBride Mike Schmidt Rose at 1b.
    Jose Cardenal was in RF for Royals. U L Toothpick Washington at SS. Any baseball cards actually show him with the toothpick?

• willedav said, on May 22, 2020 at 12:59 pm

Astro turf ball.
      btw, is the gal in the pic UncChuck’s daughter?

• Macdog said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I think that the first all-turf World Series.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:07 pm

it is diggity’s son and Unca CHucks daughter

• Macdog said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:01 pm

It looks like there’s a bit of toothpick here:

• willedav said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:28 pm

ha thx!

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:07 pm

absolutely. The first card I had of his had to the toothpick

11. Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 1:31 pm

When I get home I’m gonna tag panik and the giants on Twitter with that pic

12. Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 2:07 pm

• alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Guess Singletary is lacking WINNERS!!
      Can’t do it,Can’t coach them,I WANT WINNERS!!!

• Bozo said, on May 22, 2020 at 3:52 pm

After dropping trou for the 20th time and still not winning, Samurai Mike left with his katana between his legs.

13. zumiee said, on May 22, 2020 at 2:45 pm

Thanks for the Astrid link, Loo. Very nice article.

14. Bozo said, on May 22, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Looking forward to a Stix reunion here at the Flap. Hope it happens.

15. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2020 at 3:58 pm

Hell yeah, Can’t wait for Stix to figure out how to get back in here. Might be a little while. And that pic is great! I have a couple pics of that, but not that one. I just retweeted that as well.

Sandawg Jr got Joe’s bat for the ball after the game.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Panik isn’t too active on twitter but I hope he sees the pic I tagged him to. If it were me I’d want to see that.

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 5:34 pm

oh no shit? I guess I knew that. I thought Panik would think it was cool to see the pic of the ball and now I find out he’s got the fucking ball lol

16. zumiee said, on May 22, 2020 at 4:51 pm

“New York Knicks legend and Georgetown head coach Patrick Ewing has tested positive for COVID-19.”

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Disgrace that the Knicks gave every clown on Earth a shot at HC, but never Ewing…

• Macdog said, on May 22, 2020 at 7:19 pm

Probably just as well for Ewing.

• djloo27 said, on May 22, 2020 at 7:38 pm

You’re right…

17. djloo27 said, on May 22, 2020 at 7:53 pm

It’s a good feeling to know our brother Stix is out of that hell hole and living with family.
    I hope those of us (like me) who didn’t reach out to him for whatever reason can figure
    a way to do something nice for the man…

• Flavor said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:01 pm

It’s great that he’s out. Would be even better to hear from him. The government stole almost 4 years of his life. That’s fucked up.

18. alleykat69 said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:45 pm

Well fortunately for Stix Covaid19 hit and due to his age they cut him loose.He could still be in Hell Hole if the government had their way.Cyrus the Virus helped out Stix imo..

19. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on May 22, 2020 at 8:57 pm

I wonder if Stix is aware of how much of a legend he has become on the Flap…..

20. unca_chuck said, on May 22, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Here’s the signed bat, Matt, and Joe.

IMG_2499