Win Today, Salvage The Week

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 9, 2020

Man, ONE OUT AWAY from a coveted QS. So close. Feel bad for Pence, nobody would feel worse about blowing it in that situation. But, it happens.

Jon Heyman called Kershaw the best pitcher in history (or something like that i was too busy laughing to read it closely).

Well, we got our one reliable pitching performance for the week. It is back to the rosary beads today….

I’ll tell you, I must be like some kind of savant or something, I don’t know how I keep earning these prestigious Trump awards…..

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 7.48.34 AM

1. Flavor said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:18 pm

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the Dodger loser pussy troll tried to post something here that in any way denigrated The Trump Patriot of the Week? I mean, is that even allowed within the ranks to post something so audacious and against the company line?

2. alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Bob Melvin’s D-Backs swept the Cubs in 4 games in the NLDS in 2007 and winning the 1st of 3 Manager of the year titles, 2 with Oakland in 2012,2018, so he has a Manager of the year in both leagues,quite rare I believe.

• Flavor said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:43 pm

i mean, what’s he done lately? Look at Baker, embarrassing himself in Houston. Managing has changed although I do think Melvin is a good manager, he hasn’t shown it with the A’s in the post season.

3. Flavor said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:45 pm

Do Not Fuck With Me. I am the TPOTW for at least 3 more hours. I’m gonna bask in that shit……

4. Flavor said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:46 pm

who knows? I might end up being the Trump Patriot of the month! Or the year! Or the best one of infinity!!!!! (as long as I contribute $5 in the next 5 minutes)

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:48 pm

The mind boggles at the possibilities!

• zumiee said, on August 9, 2020 at 8:49 pm

You have Don, Jr. certificates that speak of your greatness!

5. Carstie Clausen said, on August 9, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Positive takes on today’s fiasco and preceding games: Gausman threw a certifiable quality start. Manager sabotaged the war-effort mainly by analytic nonsense. Cueto threw a beaut–up to the time he began running on fumes and Kapler was a bit late and a dollar short. Tyler Anderson had a good start for a relative unknown vs his former team and IN the Box of Rox. Logan Webb also showed some stuff in his start. Relievers were definitely a mixed-bag and at best, haphazardly employed.

Also, regarding the staff, a LHP, was taken off the injured list and added to the 60-man. He was moderately effective for Miami over most of the past three years…probably situationally useful. So the pitching is still getting sorted out by upper management. Use of said hurlers is up to the field manager and his junior-league coaching staff.

Did I miss something or did the position guys actually post an errorless game today?

Slater joins the Yazmanian Devil, Solano and Flores as a core of capable hitters. If the plandemic “casualties” do not extend past the Cardinals and the season continues beyond the Houston series we will be a third of the way through the season. At that point Zaidi and his patrollers should be about out of excuses to not give Bart the call we all have eagerly awaited. If they can bear to part with Pence and Pablo (we are rich on DH candidates) we might finally get another look at a certain speedy and power-potential outfielder currently cooling his heels in Sactown. If management sees fit Dickerson and Flores could vie for the DH spot, giving us an outfield of Yaz-Taz, Slater and Davis. That trio could be exciting.

Seventeen games into the season, this is how it looks from the perspective of a Giants fan since 1954.

• djloo27 said, on August 9, 2020 at 9:53 pm

You are a Flap treasure, Stix…

• alleykat69 said, on August 9, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Yes indeed a true FlapTreasure Stix!
      Great post!

6. mrsprtdude said, on August 9, 2020 at 10:55 pm

kapler is showing he doesn’t know how to handle the staff. Todays game? Fuck. If he is t 100 pitches?? ok take him out. But 80?? Moron

• djloo27 said, on August 9, 2020 at 11:59 pm

I see you’re calling Flavor by his new name…