Another W

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on August 23, 2020

Anderson stepped up huge and Kap let him be huge– a very important game for both of them.

It’s hard to enjoy baseball right now but I’m trying. Know lots of people displaced by the fires. Air quality is shit. Buddy of mine went back to his house in Felton to look for his cat.

Got him.

1. Winder said, on August 23, 2020 at 8:32 am

Love the winning streak, thought we should have had a few more runs. Got a couple of friends who are worried about their properties but they both have copd and are on oxygen throughout the day. The air quality is shit where they are and it is really messing with them. At times it really sucks getting old.

2. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 8:37 am

I hope your house is not in any danger, Flavor (or any of you guys).
    Glad your buddy found the cat 🐱🐱🐱…

3. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 8:39 am

My oldest sister has the same issues. She’s in Aptos near the ocean so the air quality gets better at night, but this shit keeps happening every year all over CA. Kills me that Ben Lomond and Bonny Doon are basically gone.

Where we live it feels like a matter of when not if.

4. willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 8:56 am

shout out to Kat, enjoy your birthday. Unfortunate air so unhealthy going anywhere to sit outside in restaurant not good idea. Feel bad for restaurants–even with outdoor option most are taking big hit, now even that has been affected.

First 2 flaps I went to we were inside Los altos sports type bar. Met James SanDog Flav Ted Blade Wisco Snarkk, good times. Hope we can do something like that again somewhere, soon.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:04 am

Damn! That’s a helluva lineup.
      Wisco’s unexplained disappearance is concerning.
      Hopefully he was just repulsed by you guys…

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:12 am

5. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:01 am

First, glad your friend found his cat. While the air sucks in our area, we are not currently in any imminent danger. Many are less fortunate, have been evacuated, and there are those who lost their homes and animals/livestock.

We deal with fires every year in California. Just like Florida and much of the East coast and Gulf of Mexico deal with hurricanes every year. But this year the fires are worse, AND are happening in the middle of a pandemic. This too shall pass…just not soon enough.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:07 am

Do you know who is credited with “this too shall pass”?
      I looked it up in Bartlett’s years ago…

6. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:04 am

Recalling those heady days of Beach Boys and “California Dreaming”. Has that dream transmogrified into a nightmare? Climate is changing, in large measure due to people’s ‘comfort zone’ consumer habits. There is acute danger of a massive systems overload. Mother Earth is overburdened with proliferation of people problems. The first law of physics is that for each action there is an equal but opposite reaction. Our Great, Green Lady is now in an accelerating reactive phase.

Perhaps the most haunting message of Woodstock and my generation was the line “back to the garden.” Personally, I’m currently stuck in a fourth-tier suburban unrealityscape and can hardly wait to be able to emerge from air-conditioning and fast-foods into the real world of green and clean.

It’s still many months away. For many, that reality is no longer possible. My sympathy goes out to all those whose lives will remain stuck in neutral.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:11 am

I think Wilmet would say “stuck in second gear”.
      I always admired your work ethic, Stix.
      When I shovel snow, I pack it up against the wall as you once advised.
      Free insulation!

7. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:04 am

Another tidy win. Timely hitting, overall some good D (Yaz’s catch was amazing…he continues to amaze me). Five in a row baby. Let’s make it six and a sweep! 🧹

8. Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:09 am

• Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:10 am

More from Pav:

The Giants acquired IF Daniel Robertson from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for cash considerations or player to be named later. Robertson will report to the Alternate Training Site. Sam Coonrod reinstated from IL. Hunter Pence was let go to clear roster spots.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:14 am

I’m genuinely stunned!

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:16 am

WOW! I never thought I would hear or read those words re: Pence.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:26 am

• alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:28 am

I’m stunned as well that the Giants finally man up and realize.096 BA and OPS of 12 yes 12 could help this team.. Best of luck to u though Hunter for the great accomplishments early on as a Giant.Maybe they can find a spot on the extended coaching staff for you though.Your overall energy and enthusiasm would be a plus for the team..

9. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:15 am

Prayers and special thanks to all the firefighters, you are the true heroes during this difficult times!

Thanks Willied… And since I share my birthday with Yaz I have 3 predictions for today’s game.
    A HR for Yaz cause that’s only fitting today.The 1st Career HR for Bart, and the Giants sweep of the D-Backs to follow Chi’s prediction! Can’t lose on my birthday no way no how!!
    Trifecta today wouldn’t that be sweet!! Go Giants get it done!

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:19 am

Happy birthday 🎂🎂🎂 Kat!
      You make this place a lot of fun…

• alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:31 am

Thanks Chi much appreciated along with the rest of you flappers!

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:59 am

🧹🧹🧹

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:22 am

Many Happys Kat. A win on your birthday should be a purrrfect icing on the cake.

10. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:16 am

Yeah WilleD – we need to get another Flapalooza together, and get Loo, Mac, and some of the other right coasters out here. The one that stands out to me (left coast) was when Snarkk coordinateD the printing of the Flap shirt (WE Score, We Win – thank you Ferrethead) with nicknames and numbers on the back. In attendance (sorry if I missed anyone): Flav, Snarkk, Pawlie K, Blade, Unca, James, Zumie…damn, I know there were more.

One of the best memories I will forever cherish is the right coast Flapalooza. I got to meet the incomparable DJ Loo, Mac, GHead, and San Dawg and his son. Great times in NYC and Boston. Blade and I made that journey, and I ran into/met Mad Bum at the Charlotte airport.

Definitely need to book a couple more of these.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:22 am

I commented yesterday Chi, that you should send the picture to Amy G for that segment she does every day.
      It’s a great story…

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:56 am

Good idea. I’ll work on that, Loo.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:33 am

You and Blade in a South Bronx motel is hilarious to imagine.
      And to think you almost had Kokonuts on a cot there, too…

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:58 am

Thank goodness we had separate rooms. Blade was constantly online with his Vietnamese sweets of the day (who ultimately became is wife/ex). Was a wonderful trip. Memories I will forever cherish.

• willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:19 am

that was great. couldn’t be there but pix are awesome. Snarkk sent me the shirt which I still have.

11. willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:41 am

Kevin Youkoulis is part owner/brewmaster at Loma restaurant, just down street from where I worked. they cordoned of half a block for outside tables. At nearby sports bar The Garret I noticed on morning walk they now have some tented over tables set up in parking lot. Any time I’ve ever been in there place was packed and food orders took long time.
    so are these places allowed to serve beer/wine/cocktails to outdoor diners/drinkers?

12. xoot said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:42 am

Apparently the master AI program decided that the RH pop of Pence isn’t necessary now that Bart’s on the roster.

I greatly enjoyed meeting Chi and his daughter and a friend of theirs from the foothills at opening day a few years back. iirc, Chi and I raised a glass to recently incarcerated Stix (who will probably outlast us all).

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:55 am

Yes. Was cool to meet you and your boy, too. We need to do it again! And would be a hit to get Stix out here for a Flapalooza.

And I got to meet Sarge (Del) on a couple of occasions. I am grateful,for the friendships built through this boat. Thank you, Flav!

• James said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:45 am

Because the master program realizes so much is still a crapshoot, it may also cleverly be factoring in other variables to help manage public sentiment. Those talk shows can be distracting.

13. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:53 am

Happy Birthday, Kat! Hope your day is awesome. I’ll have a drink for you today, brother. 🍻

14. sfsarge said, on August 23, 2020 at 9:58 am

If we ever get to do another get together, I would love to meet more of you guys. I’ve met Flavor, Chi, and PK. All great guys. Prayers and well wishes to all those affected by the fires, and all the other 2020 curveballs. Haven’t really watched much baseball, just don’t care right now. It’s cool that they have a little streak going and they finally brought up the kid.

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Yo Del. Good to see you here. We’ll definitely grab a beer at a game. But a “gathering of the Flap masses,” again, would be awesome.

15. Winder said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:18 am

Pence will always be a bright spot with the Giants, it was just time for him to go. I wish him well.
    Happy Bday Kat. I have never been on a blog where everyone truly likes everyone. It’s refreshing. Me I have always been a little antisocial, but i do love the Giants.

16. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:22 am

1. Mike Yastrzemski (L) RF
    2. Alex Dickerson (L) LF
    3. Wilmer Flores (R) 2B
    4. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Pablo Sandoval (S) DH
    7. Joey Bart (R) C
    8. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    9. Steven Duggar (L) CF

P Trevor Cahill (R)

Fucking Pablo again…ahead of Bart in the LU. Pfffttt…

• alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:24 am

Yeah no shit , Panda clogs up the Congo line like Pence did..

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:28 am

Would have preferred El Gordo out before Pence,but at least we’re halfway there. Memories of those Glory (even) years in the teens are great and will long be treasured. But today is today and we’ve got a team on its way towards emerging from their total lethargy, caused by a bit much loyalty. Unfortunately, baseball is a business–a fairly big one.

17. willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:24 am

Noticed Milbury excused himself from hockey playoffs announcer assignment, before network likely did. Has long hist of saying obnoxious things, though when he was doing games from Toronto he had good things to say about Canadiens whom he must still despise.

Looking up wiki stuff to see playing and coaching hist for Bruins, read about incident vs. Rangers when he came out of locker room after a game and into stands that got him big suspension 1979. Never knew about this, must have been big.
    Loo– did this earn him life long enmity of Ranger fans?

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:21 am

God, did we hate him and the Bruins. A great rivalry that the NHL has completely killed off.
      The Garden was a smoky, profanity filled zoo back then.
      As I’ve said before, I never forgave my pussy Rangers for not climbing into the seats to defend their fans.
      Nevertheless, I had no problem with Milbury’s latest remark.
      This shit has gotten completely out of hand.
      I would move to fuckin’ Saturn if I could…

• willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:40 am

yeah this one was pretty tame compared to other stuff. didn’t realize he played for Bruins under Coach Don Cherry, another wacko, and not just for coats.

18. James said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:38 am

Dirt and Ted were also at one of those Flaps.

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:29 pm

Yep. Dirt was at one where I had my son with me. I unfortunately never met Ted.

19. zumiee said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:57 am

Stix, good stuff you posted about the Earth and the natural environment. I recently read Naomi Klein’s book about climate change called “On Fire.” The title gives a big clue on the book’s perspective.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:38 am

Zum…my twice (or thrice) made recommendation still stands. California has waaaay too many people incarcerated–all too many of them lawbreakers rather than true criminals (the Fed$ are even worse in that respect). Even the highly corrupted court system says Cali crams in too many.

So they should offer five days off their sentences for every day they work to clean deadfall from evergreen forests. Experienced and trustworthy only guys would get to use chainsaws and axes. Most of the work would be carrying and piling.

Potentially, this is a win-win for the prisoners, the state, the people of California AND the environment. Not too many people would complain, as most Californians now know that the fire danger is fast becoming a fire peril and may well affect themselves, their loved-ones and their friends. But politicians need to be pushed on this with public input. Maybe a flapper or two could help get the ball rolling. As a ’69-70 activist in Cali, I sure would were I still there.

• unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:54 am

This is already a huge program in CA, Stix. In fact, with so many early releases due to COVID, there’s a shortage of inmate firefighters.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Chuck: I’m not so much thinking inmate fire-fighters, but fire PREVENTERS or at least assuagers. These inmates would not be released, per se, but would be conditionally allowed to chop significant time off their sentences. From what I previously read about those who fight the fires–the state’s policy is a bit tight-fisted in the amount of time they get off their sentences.

Many prosticutors push the envelope for long sentences and quite a few judges seam pleased to “give” people a whole bunch of time for whatever it is they did, whether actual murder, rape, arson, burglary sorta stuff or simply breaking questionable laws passed by on the take prostiticians.

As someone who has been through the turgid bureaucracy of the Fed$, I’m full aware that the purpose of the system is essentially to suck dollars outta the taxpayers and also from family and friends of prisoners. My proposal aims to level the playing-field just a tad for those who have sufficient motivation to speed up the release process.

Another codicil which might be applied to this concept would need legislative action. If you have been convicted of ANY kind of felony in this land of the free and home of the brave, you become an official non-person and are deprived of many rights and privileges which most Americans simply take for granted. The secondary proposal would be for the state to add a public-service appreciation documentation to the resume of the latterly released prisoner. Some prospective employers and landlords might be moved give due recognition for this service on behalf of public safety.

20. Flavor said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:57 am

this guy is a GREAT Giant. A FOREVER Giant. I appreciate Kap understanding the moment and at least know what to say publicly.

21. Flavor said, on August 23, 2020 at 10:59 am

whoever did this should be lynched by their balls 10 feet in the air and left to try to survive the fire

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:34 am

If that’s true, the bank should be liable.
      A little hard to believe it’s that easy to drain someone else’s bank account so quickly.
      Not sure I’m buying it unless it was a real small number…

• snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:45 am

Sadly, there will always be criminals in this world who take advantage of people, and bad situations. In fact, like whoever this asshat is, some specifically look to take advantage of people in disasters. They are predators, like Kamala Harris said. Unfortunately, one is in the Oval Office, intent on stealing an election. Now this morning he is tweeting the despicable lie that you can catch Covid from dropping your ballot envelope into a secure ballot drop box. He and the wallet stealer share the ethics of a criminal…

• alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:46 am

Oh man Flavor I couldn’t agree more! This pile of saturated dog shit doesn’t deserve to be part of the human race!
      Man I hope they catch this son of a bitch and like you said string him up by his roasted balls while everyone is roasting marshmallows and making s’mores around him!!

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:51 am

Opportunistic parasites are always out there. Are there more hanging out these days, what with tweekers and such who (if they ever had it) have lost all self-respect? We even have some of those methed-up types in the Northwoods of Minnesota and from my experience, can be found all over Appalachia and much of the rust-belt.

22. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:47 am

Checked out the stats on Robertson. He had a passable year at the plate in ’18, but in ’17 and last season the read was “utility infielder”. He’s mostly a third-baseman. Could this mean they are considering an offer made for Solano? The ’94-model is a native of Upland, California. Don’t know where that might be, but highly suspect it is not smack dab in the middle of Death Valley.

• snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm

It’s east of LA by the Ontario airport out in the smog belt…

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Thanks. So much for “upland”. Back in ’70 visiting friends in Pacific Palisades, I had opportunity to look down upon the “smog-belt”, ensconced under that stifling brown blanket. Real estate developers and community boosters like to give places nice-sounding names, even though they may just be more same-old, same-old. Stated crudely, it’s a bit like dabbing lipstick on a sow….reminds me of Nancy Pelosi’s makeup and Pence’s hair.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:04 pm

My bad. Pence on the mind, I guess. Should have been Trump’s orange juciest.

23. snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:49 am

On Hunter Pence.
    Giants did him a favor. Stopped the bleeding of his Giants legacy before it bled out.
    He can still hold his head high on his Giants contributions, and this sad, last chapter can be largely forgotten.
    Now he can enjoy a lot longer morning cup of coffee.
    If he wants to be a coach on this or any other Giants team, he’s welcome…

24. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 11:59 am

Yes yes yes!!! Too soon? Yes, Pence was a huge inspiration for us, especially the 2012 run, but time marches on.

They can sign him up as team preacher, galvanizer, and general uplifter.

25. zumiee said, on August 23, 2020 at 12:37 pm

“Claudia Conway, the 15-year-old daughter of Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, is seeking emancipation from her parents, she said on social media.”

She wants to get away from that nut.

• Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 12:48 pm

Interesting, her father, a relentless Trump critic, tweeted he may be taking a Twitter hiatus soon.

• alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 12:55 pm

As the patient says at the Insane Asylum :“I’m fucking nuts 🥜 I’m never getting out of here!”

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:06 pm

Just so she doesn’t hit the streets and get picked up by some street-hustler and shipped off to service sheiks in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

26. Flavor said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Brisbee nailed this

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:12 pm

Let’s hope. Nothing will ever go back to what we once considered normal. Too many are now becoming jobless and homeless due to the hyper-extended national lockdown (except for South Dakota) and thousands of small businesses will never re-open, with their market-share being vacuumed up by high-finance powered mega-corporations. Some folks will strive hard to recover our lost reality, while others will meekly surrender their future to some mogul’s wet dream of social engineering.

27. Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:11 pm

C’mon Giants, let’s win one for Kat!

28. xoot said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Errores Flores at 2B gave me a scare there, on the first pitch of the game.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Looked like a guy who failed to warm-up properly…

29. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:21 pm

Wow, there’s a couple of cute cardboard chicks at the yard today…

30. Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:21 pm

A little Tyler Anderson-inspired trivia:

Who was the first Giants pitcher to throw a complete game vs. a DH lineup?

31. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Pablo might’ve actually dropped a few lbs…

32. xoot said, on August 23, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Fairly strong western sea breeze coming through the Gate today and the smoke is still terrible around here, even worse down in Silicon Valley, I guess. Humidity is high, too. Not a bad day for some McCovey Cove HRs.

33. willedav said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Air quality not good in south bay–165 or so. Sun and blue sky here yesterday, clouded completely over now.

Cahill last year had an ERA of 5.98 and gave up 25 HRs in 102 innings plus 111 hits. so far he’s dodged bullets in his 2 starts.

34. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:18 pm

What a great catch by Joey Bart!!
    Kid can do it all already

35. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Out here in the Creek the visibility is about 1/8 of a mile. Horrendous.

36. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Nothing but smoke and unhealthy air quality here in San Carlos!

37. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:23 pm

One helluva pitcher’s duel. Bit of an edge two “Dream” Weaver with only 43 pitches through four IP, while Cahill at 76 over five. Seems like nobody’s barreling up today.

38. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Fucking Belt jogs to 2nd. Clown. He should have been jogging to 3rd.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:25 pm

If Belt was a dervish, he probably wouldn’t whirl…

• unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:28 pm

The droopy dervish . . .

39. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Jesus. Belt can’t read shit.

40. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:26 pm

WHAT has gotten into BB9? That pair of doubles he was part of just raised his BA to a respectable .262.

41. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Calhoun sure didn’t look like Yaz from last night on that play on Belts double..
    Oh my quite an adventure for Calhoun on 2 straight balls as the Giants take the lead on Longoria’s double!

42. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Longo giving it about 50%. And the Crawfish roll. Jesus. Come on Duggar. Do it.

43. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:31 pm

2 doubles and a base hit get 1 run. Team speed we ain’t got.

44. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Grave Duggar needs to be replaced by Davis pronto!!

• chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:39 pm

Duggar does nothing for me. Everything I have heard on Davis is he needs to cut down on the “swing and misses.”

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Not seeing much upside to Graveduggar.
        He’s had about 460 PA in the bigs to show something.
        Then again, Seeyalater is at about 600 PA and only recently started to impress…

45. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Bonehead baserunning by Longoria.

46. zumiee said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:43 pm

Belt and Longo’s speed on the basepaths is the Dylan album Slow Train Comin.’

47. snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Air quality index pushing 200 in the East Bay. This sucks donkey dong. I have to wear an N95 mask just to go outside to check how many tomatoes the rats ate off my plants last night. The SCU fire in the mostly uninhabited areas between San Jose on W, Patterson on E, San Luis Reservoir on S, and just south of Livermore on N totals about 345,000 acres right now, and 10% contained. That about 540 square miles, just this one fire complex. Up in Sonoma,Napa, Solano the thing is just a bit larger. The Santa Cruz fire complex is about 70,000 acres, I hope the wineries and the redwoods survive, in addition to Ben Lomond and all the cool little places on the roads over there. Older snarkette’s stable where she rides/works in the hills NE of Dublin is on evacuation warning, she’s going to help move the dozen or so horses and other animals if they have to get the hell out. Alameda fairgrounds is taking evacuated livestock. We’re all getting tired of this fire bullshit. Every year it seems to start sooner and end later. Massive Props to all the firefighters working in these really tough conditions, and that goes for the prisoners, too…

48. chipower9 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:55 pm

YazMataz with a BD shot for Kat!

49. Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Birthday bomb!

50. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:56 pm

YazMaTaz!!! He was a bit overdue and he done did dood it.

51. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:56 pm

One for the Kat Man!

52. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:57 pm

Yes Sir that just put a real Ear to Ear smile on my Face!
    Thanks Yaz!! I just need Joey Bart now!!

53. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Wilmet may be tired…

54. snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Yaz is amYAZing.
    How does a guy with these skills languish in the minors until he’s about 28? I don’t get it…

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:09 pm

Any chance there’s a Tyler Killebrew or an Austin Kaline in the Orioles system?

55. Flavor said, on August 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm

I’m seriously impressed with Stix’ commitment to typing out the nickname he gave Yaz that way every single time

56. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Wonderful AB by BB9 in a two-down situation and Weaver at a very low, highly efficient pitch count. Ten pitches, foul after foul sure fouled up that pitch count. Working the count is one of those beautiful subtleties in baseball which the average jockforbrains simply cannot compute. But how can we solid fans share those insights? First of all by pointing them out and insisting that BB broadcasting personalities are capable of doing the same.

• James said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:11 pm

He fouled off 97 up and away, and wasn’t ridiculously behind mid 90s stuff.

• xoot said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:16 pm

He took a high strike on the outside black, too — yeah, he’s as good as ever.

57. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:07 pm

At this stage in his career, El Gordo could fuck up the proverbial wet dream. His is no longer what one would normally accuse of being a live bat.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:10 pm

He’s probably on DFA notice…

• Macdog said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:17 pm

From Baggs today: I asked Kapler why there’s still a place on the roster for Pablo Sandoval and not Hunter Pence. He said without comparing the players, Sandoval’s PH bat vs. RHP fills a roster need. And while he hasn’t played any 3B, he’s a backup option at a position where the Giants lack depth.

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Tough question to ask and answer.
        Good stuff…

58. James said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Does Watson go 2?

• xoot said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Odds on Rogers? Off day tomorrow? 1.1 to 1?

• James said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Moot speculation now, I hope!

59. zumiee said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Wow, Duggar. Just wow.

60. djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Buried…

• djloo27 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:27 pm

In Graveduggar’s defense, I can’t support the 2 two-strike bunt signs.
      If that’s all they think of him, why run him out there?

• James said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Yeah, that was odd, almost like they wanted to humiliate him.

61. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Jesus Duggar can’t even get a bunt down! Why is he on the roster?

• snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:29 pm

If you are light bat like Duggar, you gotta do the little things…

62. zumiee said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:27 pm

The Slater/Duggar axis of disappointment just never ends.

• unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Combine them and you get a Sluggar who stays on the field?

Or Dater, a guy who can’t hit and gets hurt

63. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Dick dick dick needs to firm up that bat.

64. unca_chuck said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Dick Dick Dick!

69. Winder said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Nice

70. alleykat69 said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Dick Dick Dick

71. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Ding-Dong Disked it. Rang Rondon’s bell. Dickerson has been robbed by outfielders a bunch lately. Could be the pitcher was so happy to have escaped Yaztification that he relaxed his guard a bit. YazMaTaZ has become such a threat that he improves everyone around him. Dick-Dick was overdue and he too done did dood it.

• Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Fuck this AI crap on the puter…”Disked” it, indeed. Whassa matter the programmers for this system? Scairt of some little bit of dictation?

72. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Not quite yet counting the chickens…But Chi, you’re starting to look good.

73. snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:36 pm

The Dick with the Big Stick !…

74. snarkk said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:37 pm

Let’s see if this Pen can hold a 5-1 lead.
    Not starting off well…

75. Carstie Clausen said, on August 23, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Rogers…you starting to get the yip-yips again? No need for that. All you gotta do is protect that four-run lead.Or are you a bit overexposed this series to the Snakes hitters and nervous about it?