Up In Smoak

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 21, 2020

And just like that, he disappears into the Oracle night sky……

Enormous game tonight if you are hoping we make the post season…….

All these NFL injuries are directly related to not playing any pre-season games. There are too many pre-season games in a typical year.

Zero is not enough games……

1. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Time to thump the Rox…

1. Alex Dickerson (L) LF
    2. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    3. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
    4. Darin Ruf (R) DH
    5. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    6. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    7. Mauricio Dubon (R) CF
    8. Chadwick Tromp (R) C
    9. Luis Alexander Basabe (S) RF
    P Johnny Cueto (R)

2. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2020 at 2:41 pm

Agree on the injuries and NFL pre-season. Too many in a typical season. Zero is not enough.

3. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 2:42 pm

Smoak on waivers;
    Fire in the sky…

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2020 at 2:48 pm

Good one, Loo…I wore that album out in high school…

4. chipower9 said, on September 21, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Everything I am reading says that Bosa and Thomas suffered what are feared to be season-ending ACL injuries. FUCK!

Team will also be without Mostert and Colemen next week. There is a chance Jimmy G will play.

5. sandog said, on September 21, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Dick leading off is cool. Reminds of those Angels teams where Brian Downing lead off.

I have yet to lay eyes on Basabe, but some of the numbers look pretty good.
    You guys have an opinion on him yet? Early, I know.

Looking forward to checking out new Raider stadium tonight. The Death Star—I heard a talking head refer to it!

• chipower9 said, on September 21, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Yeah, not much to go on with Basabe, but I have liked what I have seen. Has a twin brother in the Snakes org. Both were drafted by the Red Sox.

• Carstie Clausen said, on September 21, 2020 at 4:18 pm

He was highly regarded by the Chisox organization. Their wealth of outfielders induced them to cut bait. The Z&H combine jumped all over that one with cash in hand. The combination of speed, power and centerfield defense is a combination well worth a long look-see at the least.

6. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm

From a aerial shot the Raiders new stadium could be a Roomba vacuum cleaner..

Yeah u just can’t jump into an NFL season without some preseason games.2 preseason games is what the league should go with in the future.More then enough with regular OTA’s/ trading camp.
    Without this these players came in cold turkey( covid hasn’t helped either) and players now with only 2 weeks in are dropping like flies.. Hamstrings leading the way along with season ending knee injuries, high ankle sprains not good either..McCafferty out 4-6 weeks,Jimmy G? who knows..Michael Thomas? Concussion’s too are taking a hard toll as well.I have WR Chris Godwin on my fantasy team and after finishing game 1 ( probably finishing up with a concussion) he came down with symptoms on Monday and was never cleared to play this week..

Then Barkley, Bosa,Mack,Solomon Thomas I know there’s a lot more out for the year,2020 sucks in so many ways! I’ve never remembered this many injuries this early in a season..

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:36 pm

And Marlins Park with the roof closed looks like the world’s largest toilet bowl…

7. Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm

Basabe? Louie Baseball? Are you fucking kidding me? I am all in on him and am hoping that somehow we see him in the OF with The Grave Duggar at some point this season……

• Carstie Clausen said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Doubtful that Basabe needs a caddy. Till at least Sunday this is baseball.

8. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Wasabi yes! Duggar No! A complete broken down jalopy with wobbly wheels( just another Bowker boys reject)

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:16 pm

Grave Duggar could take this team to heights never seen before

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:41 pm

He would have to get above ground first for that to happen..

9. Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:15 pm

Raider stadium is badass looking

• alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Yeah not only badass looking, but it sure is easy on the eye when they’re showing the strip instead of the hood..

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:51 pm

They should have named it Moe Greene Stadium…

• Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:50 pm

That giant Al Davis flame thing is kinda weird.

10. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Re Kat’s 4 p.m.:

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:50 pm

That is uncanny!
      I bet it becomes the unofficial nickname of the place…

• Bozo said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:20 pm

I was thinking it also resembled a hockey puck. The Puck sounds like a perfect nickname for the Raiders.

11. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Bart now catching Cueto tonight in place of Tromp.

12. xoot said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Joey catches a break! McCovey Cove motherfucker. Don’t argue with Johnny. Gets late early these days–short twilight. No excuses.

13. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:47 pm

ABC has they’re broadcasters in HOF jackets? Seriously a bad look..

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:55 pm

They’ve been wearing those since the inception.

• djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:33 pm

Kat was just giving it a little time before passing judgement, Chuck…

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:46 pm

Hah!!!!!!

14. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:52 pm

Seems like Cueto always struggles in the 1st inning…

15. Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:55 pm

I recognize it was time for Pablo to go but to jettison an SF hero like that for a dude you’re going to shitcan in like 5 games is, well, kinda disrespectful………

16. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:56 pm

The Raiders stadium looks good from the side.

Johnny B. Badde.

17. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 6:57 pm

At least Wasbe knows how to hit the cut off man.

18. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Those pics of enclosed stadiums make me kinda sad. I can remember as a kid, when my family was doing road trips every summer, every time we’d approach or drive thru a city I hadn’t seen before, first thing I was looking for on the horizon was a bank of stadium light towers. Loved seeing a stadium in person I’d only seen on TV. These new stadiums just leave a hole on the horizon now…

• xoot said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:26 pm

The LVR stadium also looks like the spare tire case on the back of a high end Mercedes SUV.

I always enjoy looking at the SF and Oakland ballpark light stands. Four years ago in mid April I sat next to Derek Carr on an evening flight to OAK. He was very gracious to the Raider fans. As we headed in to land the Oakland Coli came into view, lit up for an a’s game. He never took his eyes off it until we touched down. Hard to imagine that sort of reverie over the new stadium.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:35 pm

Yeah, true about the light towers especially when they’re lit up for a night game. Something really special about that…

19. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Allow me a moment to dream about the outfield we should’ve had this season:
    Puig – Pillar – Yaz

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:43 pm

I think we got the best 1.0 had to give last season. Doubt he would have duplicate it

20. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:31 pm

NFL is cracking down hard on HC not wearing their masks!
    The fines are 100K and 250k for the organization.
    Shanny &Carrol will be lighter in there pocket books being fined today.

Guarantee New Orleans coach will be another, he’s not wearing a mask at all..

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:36 pm

How bout the quarter mil hit to the owner who is just hanging out in his box with his mask on lol

• unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:20 pm

Something to be said that this is a piss in the ocean for these teams.

21. djloo27 said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:45 pm

When I was 12, I installed lights on my Bobby Hull rod hockey game.
    My best friend thought I should be committed…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:52 pm

That would’ve looked pretty cool, playing it in a darkened room. Somewhat similarly, I had H-O train sets in the basement and I’d spend hours down there with all the lights off, watching the train just go around in circles, mesmerized by the little headlamp lighting its way in the dark…. Eek! Sounds like how I felt during Corona lockdown……………………

22. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Johnny No Good tonight.

• Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:53 pm

He’s been pretty underwhelming overall this year

23. Flavor said, on September 21, 2020 at 7:53 pm

Looking like I’m going 0-3 on that sweet coveted 3 team parlay I released the other day.

24. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Looks like the Reds will be the big winners tonight.

25. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Johnny B Waye Badde.

26. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Back to Loo’s tennis score.

27. unca_chuck said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:23 pm

Shut out in 3 of the last 4?

28. Macdog said, on September 21, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Nice win by the Raiders.

29. alleykat69 said, on September 21, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Yeah Raiders out played the Saints for sure Mac.
    Saints are not the same team without Thomas. Teams no
    the rest of their receivers can’t beat them deep..

30. mrsprtdude said, on September 21, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Not the start of a 4 game set we were looking for:(

31. willedav said, on September 22, 2020 at 7:13 am

Losing Yaz really does hurt though; he’s their MVP. Good teams/ good pitching seem to stifle Giants, though that’s not who the Rockies are.
    ?–who would you give the Willie Mac award to? Yaz get that too?

32. willedav said, on September 22, 2020 at 7:16 am

Moe Greene–what a great clip (and scene)…would have been so cool to be one of the extras as a hood in background while he’s going off on Michael.

33. willedav said, on September 22, 2020 at 7:35 am

what a weird boxscore: Dick with 3 hits double and bomb, Belt 1 hit Solano with 2 and rbi– top 3 in order 6-12. Rest of lineup 0-22. Ruf Craw Longo Dubon Bart Beisbol and PH from wilmet.

34. unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2020 at 8:34 am

One game lost and we are behind the Cards, Reds, Phillies, and Brewers. We do have a habit of losing the first game of a given series and then winning though.

35. Macdog said, on September 22, 2020 at 8:45 am

What an absolute stinker last night. Fell behind before they batted and couldn’t get back in it. Yeah Willie, Ruf and Longo were especially lame, 8 LOB between them. Cueto’s shaking and shimmying is fun to watch when he’s on, but when he’s not like last night, it’s annoying, especially when he balks in a run. Add in Marquez, who is usually tough on the Giants, and it made for a snoozer.

• willedav said, on September 22, 2020 at 10:11 am

I think the balk unnerved him too. btw walks and couple hits pulled down RF line by LHs he wasn’t sharp. And that’s without Arenado in lineup. One more start, I think in Friday DH vs. Padres.

36. alleykat69 said, on September 22, 2020 at 9:36 am

Congratulations to the Dickerson’s welcoming in Levi Dickerson into the world!
    Do u think he got a congratulatory note from Bob Nightengale?😫

37. chipower9 said, on September 22, 2020 at 9:52 am

Was bouncing between the Raider game and Giants game. Every time I cycled back, the Rox were tacking-on, and the Giants just could not get anything going, so I spent most of the night watching the Raiders/Saints. That was an entertaining game. And I like the Raiders new Death Star stadium. It’s bad ass how they roll the grass playing surface out on rails into the sun.

We’re tied with the Brewcrew for 9th, half a game behind Philly. Cincy is a half game up in the WC. Giants need to go on a W tear to get into the dance.

• unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2020 at 11:10 am

I think AZ does that too. Fucking Jersey is the Garden state and they can’t grow grass in an outdoor stadium? Fucking mooks.

• unca_chuck said, on September 22, 2020 at 11:14 am

The Cards are ahead of us as well, and due to the tiebreaker, we are behind the Brewers.

• chipower9 said, on September 22, 2020 at 11:19 am

Yes. The Cards are a percentage point ahead of Cincy. I think every team in the mix beats us in the tie-breaker.

38. Macdog said, on September 22, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Nola’s got nothing in D.C., Phils losing 5-1 in Game 1.

39. alleykat69 said, on September 22, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Giants better get there shit together and really need to win these next 3 games against the Rockies.
    Cause closing out the season against SD Padres starting rotation will be brutal..

40. Flavor said, on September 22, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Sorry, another late one. New thread.

41. Macdog said, on September 22, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Phillies phall in Game 1, join the under .500 club.

42. willedav said, on September 22, 2020 at 3:02 pm

watching PTI on ESPN, twice they played commercial for Bulleit bourbon—which starts with the opening slide guitar licks from Muddy Waters “Can’t Be Satisfied”. wow what a great cut