Sunday!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 4, 2020

No baseball till Monday? Eh, I guess I see why they’re doing it. They CAN do it and it beats going up against football.

So we’re all Padres fans now? Or would it be that much sweeter, as it always is, to watch LA lose another world series?

1. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 8:05 am

Sure hope Pads injured SPs can regain health and be factor in 5 game series without days off. Without them Pads will be decided longshot. Allowing 9 runs to punchless Cards in a game isn’t good sign even if they won it. Rosenthal doesn’t impress me either at back end. First taste for lot of them, good position to be in.

2. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 8:14 am

I don’t ever want to give the Dogpile an option to get into another W/S!!
    Yeah I’ll jump on the Padres bandwagon, there an exciting up an coming team unlike the Dodgers who are as stale as the Polish Dog that BF showed us a few years back..

3. Winder said, on October 4, 2020 at 9:40 am

I don’t want anyone from our division making it to the WS. But if the Dodgers do i would love nothing more than to watch em lose.

4. Flavor said, on October 4, 2020 at 9:47 am

lol look where Grissom was playing here. D-Train was a known bat I have no idea why they decided to position him so shallow.

• Flavor said, on October 4, 2020 at 9:49 am

i remember this at bat. I was + because I figured that triple wore him out and if I remember correctly it did, I think the Giants ran him out of the game in the next inning. Not certain but that’s how I recall it and I don’t feel like looking it up

5. djloo27 said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:07 am

Lou Johnson passed away the other day.
    No one was harder to hold back in the Marichal-Roseboro brawl…

6. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:18 am

Beautiful pass from Herbert. Can’t wait for Pac 12 football to start next month.

7. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:29 am

Yeah pick 6 off Brady by #43. Wasn’t that Giants DB Spider Lockhart’s number?

8. mrsprtdude said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:44 am

Wiledav..why not impressed with Rosenthal? In 2020 he stuck out 38 in 23 innings. has a whip of .85. Top 10 MLB closer. No question we would have made the playoffs if he was a Giant

• willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:17 am

mm just off their playoff series vs. Cards.

First game he comes in 9th with them down 6-4 gives up 2 walks and a run.
      Second game, again in 9th up 11-8 gives up leadoff bomb to Golds, then another hit and a walk before closing it out.
      Dodgers are lot better hitting team than STL.

Funny Shea has column today about Giants going after a closer, which may be Moronta, to fill a hole. then he quotes Z, who doesn’t seem to believe in defined role for one guy at this point.

9. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:58 am

The guy I think that’s in trouble in the series in Kenley Jansen. He’s way down in velocity,mother time may have caught up with him.I can see Slam Diego teeing off on him as the clueless Dave Roberts sticks with him to the benefit of the Padres..

10. mrsprtdude said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:05 am

I wish you were right, but roberts already didn’t use him to close game 2. Dropped him quick

11. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:07 am

Herbert is schooling Brady today, I love it
    Up 21-7 including another pick 6 by Brady who’s has had a shitload of those lately..

• willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:20 am

yeah that was another nice throw and catch for TD.
      Arians gonna find out hard way there are just too many limitations to what Brady can still do. Awful stat converting 3rd and 10. He can’t move and not enough on ball for longer throws under pressure.

12. xoot said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:19 am

I’m in Sunnyvale this a.m. I checked my local crime alert (citizen app, stress on the citi) and laughed like hell. Big difference from Oakland/Berkeley (where gangs use guns on each other and deranged naked people wave machetes). Pretty good air here near Levi’s std. Cam Newton has Covid. Hmmmm. But I still personally don’t know anyone who has caught it.

• willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:23 am

couple weeks ago met b-ball buddies for lunch (outside) at Longhorn across from Fremont HS.
      local crime alert, yah
      thinking about Tao Tao the other day…might have to grab takeout if they are still rolling.

• xoot said, on October 4, 2020 at 11:50 am

Ha. My father spent half his life at the Longhorn, going way back to when the adjacent bar was a good place to have a drink–back when the Greeks as my dad affectionately called them owned the place. When my dad died three years ago, at 92, the current owner of the Longhorn placed a memorial poster on the wall for people to sign. I supplied the photos of the HS kid about to join the army and see WWII combat in France, of the young man, and of the ancient neighborhood regular happily raising a glass for the camera. Yeah, I know the Longhorn.

• willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 12:32 pm

Cool Xoot. We talked to current owner at our table. He’s worried about that area to be remodeled or not and how soon indoor dining and to what extent. It won’t be this nice outside forever.

• Flavor said, on October 4, 2020 at 12:39 pm

great story. Cheers to your dad.

13. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 12:47 pm

Dang Brady with 3 TD drives in 20 minutes of second half. If Chargers lose that fumble on handoff end of first half gave TB life.

14. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 1:06 pm

6 minute drive by Brady. Chargers D Line not enough pressure and gave up too many yards on ground. Big mistake by Herbert on int and they’re done.

15. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Now Herbert got schooled by NFL defenses.Like his moxie and gunslinger approach, but u have to know with over 2 minutes left u have time to do a Joe Montana drive to methodically move down the field to tie it up.With more experience he will learn from these mistakes..

16. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Herbert now 0-3 as a starter.As they say a Rookie QB has to take his lumps, unless it’s Patrick Mahomes Lol 😂

17. alleykat69 said, on October 4, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Loo…
    Wouldn’t u say the “King of Vultures”
    has to be Pittsburgh Pirates Elroy Face?
    He goes 18-1 in 1959 all in relief( no starts) which still blows my mind!
    Could u even imagine a 20 game winner coming out of the BP? That would of been mind boggling if Face vultured 2 more wins..

18. unca_chuck said, on October 4, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Spider Lockhart. Loved that name. Great safety for the Giants.

Raiders shooting themselves in the feet. They look to lose to the Bills.

• unca_chuck said, on October 4, 2020 at 4:16 pm

And the Bills fuck up trying to circle the wagons. BIlls are in FG range to ice the game after stopping the Raiders on 4th down, and Allen takes a 13 yard sack after holding the ball for 6 seconds thus forcing them out of FG range. Why are some QBs so dense about this?

19. unca_chuck said, on October 4, 2020 at 4:18 pm

And the Raiders give it away again. Derp!

• djloo27 said, on October 4, 2020 at 4:40 pm

The Roomba looks like a pretty cool place…

• xoot said, on October 4, 2020 at 4:49 pm

I’ll bet both NY teams could swing deals to play some home games there. Just pay, baby!

20. willedav said, on October 4, 2020 at 5:55 pm

11 minutes of really bad football. Ward’s pass interference on 3rd and 9 fuels TD drive from Went and easy 2 pt conversion.

21. mrsprtdude said, on October 4, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Trent Williams killing Niners.

22. djloo27 said, on October 4, 2020 at 8:12 pm

I’d say today’s NFL is at least 80% about the QB.
    Marino and Fouts were born 30 years too soon…

• unca_chuck said, on October 4, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Double their yardage under these rules.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 4, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Wasn’t a Chargers fan by any means back in the day of Fouts and Air Coryell, but that team sure was fun to watch…. Still somewhat surprising neither Fouts nor Marino won a title.

• unca_chuck said, on October 4, 2020 at 9:06 pm

Neither team had a defense worth two shits, but we got Hall of Famer Fred Dean AND Gary Big Hands Johnson from the Chargers back in the 80s. Dean was so important to the early Super Bowl runs of ’81 and ’84 and Big Hands had a great Super Bowl against Marino and the Dolphins..

Biggest mid-season trade in NFL history. His first game Dean sacked Danny White 6 times iirc in the 45-14 stomp.

23. dirtnrocksnomo said, on October 4, 2020 at 10:08 pm