California VS Florida

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 19, 2020

Well, The Braves are just freaking worthless, are they not? I’m looking forward to watching the LA bats wilt against Tampa pitching. Series breaks down like this: Rays have been pitching, Dodger have better hitting, tie breaker goes to the Rays due to the Kershaw affect fucking LA when they need him the most…….

Niner game? Wow. I did not see that coming.

1. chipower9 said, on October 19, 2020 at 6:56 am

Yeah, the Braves laid a major steaming pile of crap, what, after being up 3-1. Come on…you needed one more fucking win. Pfffttt…I am over it. I have been on the Rays bandwagon since the Giants got eliminated.

And yes, I did not see that Niner game shaking-out as it did. Where the hell had THAT Niner team been the previous two weeks. Some of it may be health. Jimmy G’s ankle may not have been right against the Fins. Not trying to make excuses…just saying. But what a breath of fresh air to see them put the screws to the Silence of the Lambs.

Go Rays!

2. gianthead said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:18 am

F the Flodgers….was obvious and they had figured out how to pitch to Bellinger and then they then groove one down the middle to him in a 3-3 game ofr the pennant..f that pitcher…GO Devil Rays….my boss is an LA guy and he could not figure out why I would be rooting for Atlanta and now Tampa. My response (again to my boss): If Satan were playing the Flodgers I would be rooting for Satan!

• gianthead said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:18 am

But Mookie is annoyingly top notch….

3. Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:32 am

cool hot/cold graph that supports the obvious notion that the Dodgers have better hitting.

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:14 am

Cool graph. Thanks, Flav.

4. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:54 am

Yes, Rays hit .201 as a team with 11 HRs vs. Houston, of which Aroz had 4, Margot a surprising 3 and Zunino 2,
    Dodgers scored 39 runs in 7 games, Rays 25. They did hold Stros to 9 HRs and 22 runs in 7 games, and will have to hold down LA until their offense, like others not named Aroz, does something. Otherwise, um…

Glasnow and Snell will have to be lot better; Snell walked 6 guys in the 9 innings total he worked over 2 games.. LA has better hitters at almost every position except LF where Aroz often is. 5 of Rays regulars were under Mendoza line for ALCS. As for Opie he was tough on ATL for 5 in his last outing.
    Part of what doomed ATL was Acuna going 4 for 24 with 0 bombs, and he didn’t get enough help from others beside Freeman.

5. mookiebettsisgod said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:59 am

You alcoholicc imbeciless are such tired old feeblle minded buffooons. Not only were you prematurely celebrating the Braves all last week but you also had the nerve to ridicule the Coddger when he’s no longer with us and then backpedal on it like the geriatricc twaats that you really are. Yer not really fans, yer just foools who enjoy circle jerkss with each other. Drink up, looooers!

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 8:21 am

^POTD

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2020 at 8:28 am

Can’t say I’ve ever been called a “looooers” before.

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 9:11 am

finally a highbrow snob

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:28 am

“alcoholicc imbeciless” is some pretty funny spelling.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:36 am

It’s like a scientific species, with its name in Latin.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 11:05 am

Too funny, Zum!

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Hah, good one, Zumiee.

6. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 8:58 am

Credit to Rays for holding down 2 good hitting teams in Yanks and Stros. Yanks hit 10 HRs in 5 games but only 3 doubles; Rays hit 11 HRs off them with 3 by Aroz 2 by Meadows.
    However…both those teams are RH heavy and LA does quite a lot of damage from left side with Seager Bellinger Muncy. Rays only hit .202 off Yanks pitching but did score 21 runs in 5 games.
    Normally I’d say good pitching yada yada…idk Rays pitching will have to be better than “good.”

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:56 am

The extra off day and the traditional off days during the WS should help the Rays. They’ll settle into a more normal rotation etc. I don’t think a week’s rest and rehab would fix kershaw.

7. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:40 am

I predict the Dodgers win it in 5 games, and the Rays will talk about what a great season the Rays had in just getting to the World Series, also known as the “we were happy to be here” speech.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 10:42 am

And then the Rays don’t make it back to the World Series until the year 2040.

• willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 11:58 am

mm Zum Rays are pretty solid, especially for pitching where they are top 3-4 in AL. they don’t allow many runs HRs or BBs, and except for Morton have a very young 25-29 age team overall. Farm is supposed to be good too. Arozarena appears to be quite a steal from Cards and a player with bright future.
      They won 40 games in short season; lot of potential staying power imo I think they are overmatched here but as Xoot pointed out the 2 built in off days could be very beneficial to them.

• chipower9 said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:25 pm

I see the Rays as having a chance to beat the Dodgers. As Willie alluded, they have a very solid team. They did not “luck into” this WS appearance. They were the AL 1 seed. I see the series going 7, and lean ever so slightly to the bums winning it all (although I am pulling for the Rays).

8. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 11:06 am

Is today’s circle jerk before or after the Chief game?

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 11:43 am

My evening is pretty open I can go with the flow

9. Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 11:45 am

bout a year ago I read a story about the Beatles. You can google it to find it I forget where I read it. Story goes that back in the day the Beatles would sit around in a dark room and each one of them would yell out the name of some famous hottie and they would, in unison, start strokin’ away. True story. I think it’s true anyway.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Never heard that story in my life, and I’ve read numerous Beatles biographies.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:13 pm

By no means am I saying they were innocent angels. Especially during their times performing in Germany in “red light” districts.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:29 pm

In Peter Brown’s excellent book, he said the Beatles used a lot of penicillin in the Germany years.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Fun fact- Peter Brown is mentioned in the lyrics of “Ballad of John and Yoko.”

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:39 pm

Bridget Bardot! Yeah mate. Dianna Rigg! Oh yeah. Sophia Loren! Mmm hmmm. Yoko! What the bloody hell?

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:47 pm

“Finally made the plane into Paris
      Honeymooning down by the Seine
      Peter Brown call to say
      You can make it O.K.
      You can get married in Gibraltar near Spain”

10. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Cody Bellinger dislocated his right shoulder while high fivein with Kike Hernandez,they popped it back in place and he’s supposedly good to go. We shall see, another dumbshit Dodger.This will get a lot of air time discussion..

11. djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:44 pm

Prediction for WS MVP: Kershaw

• alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Do they usually give out the MVP to a losing teams player?

12. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:50 pm

One of the happiest people if the Dodgers win it all will be Kirk Gibson. I saw an interview with him where HE said he was tired of seeing clips of his famous HR.

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:30 pm

I would’ve thought the one against Gossage in the 84 WS when he was still with Detroit would play more back there.

13. Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 12:56 pm

for you Zumiee. You should read up on these guys they lived quite the life. It was originally in GQ but these two websites picked it up

• Macdog said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:35 pm

“Come Together” on the first link, LMAO.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Thanks. I hadn’t read this. It’s from a fairly recent article.
      Not quite what you had implied, though.

“I think it was a one-off,” McCartney continued. “Or maybe it was like a two-off. It wasn’t a big thing. … It was just the kind of thing you didn’t think much of. Yeah, it’s quite raunchy when you think about it. There’s so many things like that from when you’re a kid that you look back on and you’re, ‘Did we do that?’ But it was good harmless fun. It didn’t hurt anyone. Not even Brigitte Bardot.”

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:44 pm

wankers

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Liverpudlians! So this was common gossip for the last sixty years? Next you’ll tell me “alcoholic imbecile” was Lennon’s description of himself during his LA nosedive phase after he rose out of it and returned to life.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:21 pm

The 18 months he referred to as his “lost weekend.” Technically he was in LA to produce an album by Harry Nilsson, but….

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Yoko had booted him out. He finally pulled himself out of the Lost Weekend, and she took him back.

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Yeah I know. He went off the deep end in NYC the night Nixon got re-elected.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Probably the best song John wrote during this period was “Nobody Loves You When You’re Down and Out.” It’s on his “Walls and Bridges” album, my favorite of John’s solo albums. Many years ago I had that album on 8-track tape.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:32 pm

Something that helped pull John out of his funk was that Elton John had recorded “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” and it had gone to #1 for Elton.

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:47 pm

I think he recorded that album after he returned to NYC, after his dip into the LA Basin

• Bozo said, on October 19, 2020 at 6:25 pm

Mae Pang.

14. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 1:39 pm

“You should read up on these guys”

That made me laugh.

15. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 2:02 pm

watching them all standing outside doing pregame, M Strahan looks great for 48, so does Gonzalez who played some b-ball for Cal. Didn’t realize Strahan went to college at Texas Southern in Houston.

16. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Bills QB Allen is central valley California kid who grew up in Firebaugh, played all 3 sports in HS and got zero looks from D1 so went to local JC Reedley. Still without ops wound up at Wyoming of Mtn West conference.

17. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 2:42 pm

Chiefs go 75 yds in 2 and half minutes for TD. they can make it look so easy fun to watch.

18. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:26 pm

Kelce could have run out of bounds to stop clock there. Chiefs answered Bills long drive mostly on ground plus PI with one of their own. 6 minutes and TD after one got called back on previous play. good ballgame

19. Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:36 pm

“it was a 1 off or a 2 off” lol. I can safely confirm I’ve never sat in a circle and beat off with other dudes. To freaking names. LOL.

• zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:44 pm

Well, Paul’s music career has made him a billionaire, so I guess he survived transgressions of his youth.

20. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:54 pm

The Bellinger thing is kind of unique. Apparently his shoulder has popped out of place before and gets popped back into place, and he’s good to go. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a shoulder situation like that. People have that situation with fingers all the time.

21. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:56 pm

But put it into the category of idiotic over-celebrating, which is a big category.

22. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Geez and I would of thought it was the Stones who were beating off, especially when they released “Sticky Fingers Album”

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Yeah, we all need someone we can cream on
      Yeah and if you want to, you can cream on me

23. zumiee said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:04 pm

One of the most poignant things in the 20/20 Lennon documentary was how excited John was to be writing songs again and recording. He was looking at turning 40 as starting the second half of his life, and he was very excited about resuming his music career.

24. xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:05 pm

I don’t think that zipper on the album cover means what you think it means

• unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Hidden zipper meaning? Seeing as the inside of that is some guy in his tightie whities, what else could it mean?

Not that I looked or anything , , ,

• xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:41 pm

well, there’s also the first appearance inside of the luscious red Kali lips and tongue, so the hermeneutics . . . . I mean, I don’t think the stones were sitting around in the dark by themselves.

25. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Andy Reid’s stupid face shield had me cracking up when it completely fogged up after he was pissed the refs would not give him a measurement on Mahomes run.Guess it cleared up ok after they scored on the 4 th down run..

• unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:19 pm

He looks like Max Headroom or some shit.

• djloo27 said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Wasn’t there a SF Giant with that nickname?
        Sounds familiar…

26. unca_chuck said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:21 pm

Bills aren’t circling the wagons very well. 30 yards in PFs.

27. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:30 pm

239 yds on ground for KC.

28. willedav said, on October 19, 2020 at 4:32 pm

TD. Bad as they have looked not out of this game down 6.

29. xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Ez Elliott makes it easy for AZ.

Speaking of wankers, this guy’s a well known legal reporter: “The New Yorker has suspended reporter Jeffrey Toobin for masturbating on a Zoom video chat between members of the New Yorker and WNYC radio last week. Toobin says he did not realize his video was on.”

• Flavor said, on October 19, 2020 at 6:50 pm

there’s no coming back from that. CANCELLED!

30. xoot said, on October 19, 2020 at 6:34 pm

mlbtr citing schulman says Heliot Ramos suffered an oblique injury in the instructional league. Happened couple weeks back during an AB swing. “Should be ready for ST” prognosis.

31. alleykat69 said, on October 19, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Cowboys are so pathetic, there trying 58 yard FG’s down 28-3 lol 😂
    And of course it had no chance giving the Cards another short field..