Move The Game

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 5, 2020

Niner game tonight even tho half the team is stricken with Covid. I still don’t understand why they can’t move this game to Monday night and take the weekend to shake out who has it/who doesn’t.

Other than that, I am extremely excited about Saturday and extremely saddened that I can’t play Friday.

1. willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 10:33 am

flipping through channels looking for updates, caught a B B King appearance on Sanford and son. He’s in small club doing How Blue Can You Get with quartet, keyboard bass and drum where Fred and Lamont are. End of show is a blues medley there with vocals from Bubba Esther (apparently his old flame from St. Louis) and Fred. Very affable throughout the whole show, laughing at Bubba and Fred’s lame jokes, Mr. King comes across as total class act, and songs were great.
    Blessed Relief, as Franz Zappa put it.

2. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 10:49 am

It’s all about traveling for the Packers coming out here, compared to when Pats, and Tennessee were both east coast teams which made it easier to change.I’m not saying it’s right but Goodell doesn’t give a shit about u are I just the almighty dollars..
    Packers have a few players out now due to covid but nothing overall injuries/Covid compared to the Niners skeleton squad.Can’t see anything but a blowout for Pack tonight but that’s why they play the games so we will see..

3. djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:04 am

Just got COVID & Antibody test.
    Didn’t feel a thing. Results in a few days.
    Am I the first Flapporamus to get tested?

• willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:17 am

Didn’t Flav say he’d had a half dozen…posted something about how much more crowded place he had gone was (near Stanford?) iirc. Good for you Loo…no illness prompted this, hopefully.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:26 am

Yeah, I think Flavor did.
        Not sick (yet), but was recently in the presence of someone who has it now.
        Thanks, Wille…

• chipower9 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:45 am

Hopefully you stay well, Loo. Good luck, brother.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:50 am

Thanks, Chi.
        Ain’t sweatin’ it…

• alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Way to be responsible Loo!
        Yeah it’s crazy my daughter awhile back went to a outside wedding (maybe 100 plus people some wearing masks some not)of one of her best friends (bridesmaids the whole ten yards)she along with me couldn’t even understand why anyone would get married during this pandemic?
        But anyway my daughter and her boyfriend got tested right after that wedding cause she didn’t want to come and visit me if she thought she had covid which turned out she didn’t but I admired her for being responsible ..

• Flavor said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:42 pm

Lol I’ve been tested probably 30 times

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Why so often???
        Do you get the antibody thing?

• Carstie Clausen said, on November 5, 2020 at 3:54 pm

When I was down, between March and late May I got tested somewhere between two and three-dozen times.

4. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:33 am

Right. The NFL in their consummate disregard for player safety or health, says there’s a 0.0% chance that the game will be rescheduled. Barring a cloud of locusts that blot out the sun and eat all the grass.

My wife got a COVID test a few days ago (sore throat, cough, no fever) and said they shoved a q-tip all the way up her nose and twirled it around for 10 seconds on each nostril, and one down the throat for 10 secs.

Said it was sucky, but she was negative.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:41 am

I just got touched not twirled – and nothing down throat.
      Maybe they took one look at me and decided to get me out quick…

• unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Glad you are feeling up to snuff.

5. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:33 am

Flapporamus! lqtm.

6. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:48 am

I had to be tested for COVID-19 about a week before my hip surgery which was required and I was fine with that because if I tested positive my surgery would of be postponed for who knows how long and after having my first cancelled less then a week scheduled in March when this freaking covid shutdown all essential surgeries, man I was bummed,i had to wait 3 plus months to reschedule.It was easy on the testing just drove thru a tent setup area the nurse takes your temperature then swabbed both nostrils maybe a slight sting no big deal and your done.Got the good news a few days later and the surgery was on ( 2hrs and recovery time maybe another 4-5 hrs making sure u can move some on your new hip)and I went home the same day not even staying a night..

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 11:51 am

How’s your re-hab going, Kat?

7. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Well it’s coming around slowly Loo.I’m still going to PT once a week, I recently bought a recumbent exercise bike to help keep the legs and hip moving.It’s easy to get lazy and put on pounds during this pandemic laying around the house and being a coach potato 🥔!! So like people say “Move it are lose it” lol
    Thanks for asking Loo! U take care as well..

8. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 12:39 pm

Crazy thing. Not one 49er skill player starting in the game tonight was on the field for the NFC Championship game 10 years, uh, months, ago.

• Winder said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Unbelievable the luck we’ve had.

9. sandog said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:26 pm

Cal Fire sets up in our parking lot twice a month and does drive in testing for our community. I’ve walked out there twice now and gotten tested. I guess it depends on what supplies they have if you get the not-so-invasive test or the deep dive. I’ve had it both ways now and even the invasive one is not that bad IMO.
    They also were doing flu shots the other day AND we had a super polling station in our gym for 4 days, so we have had quite the one stop shop going on out here.
    We have been doing hybrid model with half of the kids coming T/Th and the other half W/Fri, but we’ve now had a couple of cases in district and have gone back to distance learning effective today through at least Thanksgiving break. Interesting times.

• unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:34 pm

So you were doing some in-class teaching? Buddy of mine in Napa has been going through that.

• willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:49 pm

Any hope for football to start up maybe by Dec? I think games scheduled up north here in Jan.
      I’m sure kids got lot more out of being able to attend. San Jose Unified to start back up soon I heard.

10. willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Speaking of football, notice LV Raiders are in new SoFi to play Chargers. From what godson told me, even in SD they seemed like Raider home games, so I can imagine Chargers maybe happier without anyone there.

11. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 2:37 pm

I don’t think either team will draw fans at all. LA is a cesspool of indifference where it comes to sports. Unless you are the Lakers. The Dodgers? Don’t make me laugh. They are the fairest of fair weather fans.

12. willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 3:51 pm

Ha Hot Rod Charlie will run tomorrow at Breeder’s Cup in TVG Juvenile for 2 yr olds going mild and 16th scheduled post time 2:15 PST Trained by Doug O’Neill ridden by Tyler Gafflione, morning line 30-1.

13. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Shout out to Donovan “Donnie Barrels” Solano for winning the silver slugger award!!
    Congrats well deserved!!👏👏

14. Flavor said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:23 pm

i was planning on heading to Reno tomorrow after work to play the BC on Sat with my main man PA SALON but there is just too much covid there right now. Covid explosion. Not worth it. Gonna just play at TVG from the comfort of my house.

• djloo27 said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:57 pm

Post your BBs!

15. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:31 pm

That didn’t take long (4:18 minutes) as Rogers hit Adams with a bomb for 6 …

16. willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Paly’s own. Adams is awesome.

17. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:45 pm

He and Keenan Allen out of Cal were guys I really wanted. Fresberg and Cal.

18. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 5:49 pm

I wanted Metcalf but they took Hurd instead of moving up 3 spots to get him..

• unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Doh!

• alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:34 pm

Face it Chuck ..2 straight years of injuries Hurd adds up to a bust like when they drafted AJ Jenkins.
        While Metcalf will be 1st team all-pro shortly.A huge swing and miss by Shanhan&Lynch..

• unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:38 pm

I still think Hurd will be a good WR. No way to tell that a guy is going to have a shit ton of injuries. AJ Jenkins was just a fucking horrible WR who sucked.

19. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:13 pm

Saleh HAS to know here that GB is going deep on this play.

20. willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:20 pm

GB averaging 6 yrds a carry on ground.

• willedav said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:21 pm

49 yrds so far on 8 carries.

21. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Well, they make it virtually impossible to play corner in the NFL. I’d pass every fucking play and take the flag.

22. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:43 pm

At least it warms my heart that Green Bay is not gonna get anywhere near the Super Bowl this year.

23. alleykat69 said, on November 5, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Geez doesn’t get any easier on that 52 yard bomb.Harris froze like a deer in the headlights..

24. zumiee said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:00 pm

“On Thursday, it was announced that Donovan Solano won the Silver Slugger Award for National League second basemen.”

• Carstie Clausen said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Amazing. Recognition. The Z & H vultures swooped and scooped a winner. This off-season will be loaded with bargains—and some of them are not basement types.

• unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:36 pm

He also wins the hands of stone award.

25. mrsprtdude said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I know we are playing a practice squad team tonight but it is still hard to see the team get its ass handed to it. Our DB’s / safeties not good:(

26. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 7:31 pm

Smart teams notice shit like Tartt getting hurt, and attacking his replacement, Marcell (signpost) Harris, and attacking that spot.

At what point do you just blitz 8 to get a good shot on Rodgers? Fuck this shit.

27. sandog said, on November 5, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Yes, we were doing in-room teaching at my school. Max of 16 in each room, but rarely got even 10 with all of the absences. First football game still scheduled for January.

28. unca_chuck said, on November 5, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Wow. Yeah I can imagine rolling that back. Nothing is getting better at this point.