Summer of ’75

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on December 14, 2020

Ok, we are moving from the sadness of a Christmas tree and an aged cat to the nostalgia of a Summer 70’s trip. Before my parents got divorced in ’76 we went to Twain Harte with a couple other families fairly regularly. It was good times. Cabin on the lake, fishing off a pier, swimming out to a big ass dock in the middle of the lake that I was always too much of a puss to swim to by myself……

I wonder if Twain Harte is as I remember it? Probably not, nothing stays the same–except people man, people don’t change…..

1. zumiee said, on December 15, 2020 at 7:16 am

You all were making memories without somebody having to annoyingly say “we’re making memories.”

• Macdog said, on December 15, 2020 at 7:28 am

My sister-in-law does that, and yes, it’s annoying.

2. zumiee said, on December 15, 2020 at 7:24 am

When I was a kid there was a certain reservoir we went to a lot every summer. I became a very good swimmer. Now it’s been about 30 years or so since I went swimming in a pool or anywhere.

3. willedav said, on December 15, 2020 at 7:26 am

“Decent shoes and insect repellant are highly encouraged.” Loo one helluva story on Dead Horse Bay and beach. On sidebar is mention of Gowanus something…I read story in NYT maybe last month about the waterway there and discussion over what to do with it, pretty interesting.
    One of cool things about NYT is many columns come with comments, usually fascinating and appear to be unfiltered (unlike Chron online).

• unca_chuck said, on December 15, 2020 at 10:50 am

Back in the good old days, the Splash and Niner Insider were unfiltered.

And yeah we used to go to a place called Searsville lake somewhere near PA I think,

• Winder said, on December 15, 2020 at 11:20 am

Searsville fed into Lake Lagunita the was drained into San Francisquito creek and then into the bay in East Pally. When we were kids we would kayak when it was flooded. We were really stupid to do that but we thought it was cool.