A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

To The Victor Go The Spoils

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 18, 2021

With zero Giants news on the horizon I thought I would post this. I wonder if Scott Boras ever makes public 69 jokes about any of his clients?

I still wonder what this chick brings to the table (as an agent).

Speaking of “tables” it is important to note that I turned one on good ol’ MacDog this weekend. No longer reigning NFLBBB champ, I’m not sure how you’ll be spending your day. Me? I’ll be biding my time and periodically checking my paypal account, closely monitoring who pays in a timely manner and who does not. 🙂

bigflavor77@gmail.com

Closed case: GH and That Fucking Clown and Unca and San Diggity Dawg and Mr. Sports Dude

Open cases: everyone else

1. Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 7:16 am

by the way, I’m cooking up a contest for this weekend that will also involve picking the SB winner….

2. willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 7:34 am

Ha, “I feel good” from end of thread was pretty funny. You should Flav. How to account for so many low scoring games and inefficient offenses?

Bauer was going to be tough sell for any agent–outrageous contract demands with 1 year of control only, lack of quality seasons behind him, being his own pitching coach/own rules yada yada.
    Not to mention elephant in room, even big money teams crying poverty. Not a good off season to be an FA obviously.
    Regardless of agent, player makes his own case via performance and preferences.

3. djloo27 said, on January 18, 2021 at 7:46 am

Congrats on your victory, Flavor!

Q: What would happen to a male sports agent if he made a “69” joke about a female client?
    A: Career over

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 7:50 am

absolutely. But the bias goes both ways. I still can’t believe someone that hot can be a good agent. But that’s my own shit I guess. I still wonder if being an agent is that tough when your agent is making 69 jokes but again, what do I know about being a sports agent? Nothing.

4. Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 7:49 am

Congrats to Mr. Sports Dude who nailed the total by virtue of getting everything 193 and below. That got him 3 points. He also hit two winners correctly giving him 8 points for a total of 11. I, of course, hit 3 games for a total of 12 eeking out this weekend’s great victory.

• djloo27 said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:12 am

EEK!

5. willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:20 am

Takes two to tango. Outside of Realmuto and DJLM, extreme lack of movement of FAs; no matter who the agent is, owners aren’t buying.

6. willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:31 am

Wasn’t paying much attention til today but And Now for Something Completely Different headline of recent thread was title of Monty Python movie taken mostly from TV skits. Saw it with friends mid 70s on campus at San Jose St. Had most of their funnier stuff–How Not to Be Seen, Dead Parrot, Cannibalism in British Navy Dinsdale and Spiny Norman, Argument (iirc). Good stuff, watched them a lot at time…Silly Party, Confuse a Cat Spot the Loony et al.

7. unca_chuck said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:40 am

Minister of Silly Walks is an all time fave.

• willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:53 am

Definitely! Multiple actors dressing up as housewives…and Carol Cleveland

• unca_chuck said, on January 18, 2021 at 9:04 am

KQED would show that uncensored at 11:00 pm and the occasional titties were always a welcome sight.

8. Bozo said, on January 18, 2021 at 10:53 am

Flav, A clown car with twenty of those bastards in it, should be festering in your account now.

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 11:18 am

congrats. You are now off the list and in the Club. The club of debt payers and honest men.

• alleykat69 said, on January 18, 2021 at 11:37 am

Pay 💰 up men “The Godflavor” is coming after you otherwise…

9. alleykat69 said, on January 18, 2021 at 11:32 am

Still can’t believe that stupid call that got Mahomes hurt.It was 4th and inches, you don’t call a play going sideways down the line you call a QB sneak! My only guess is that the Chiefs are scared to call that play anymore when Mahomes had his knee twisted like a pretzel last year.

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 11:38 am

i watched that play several times in slo mo, I’m not seeing where or how he got a concussion.

• djloo27 said, on January 18, 2021 at 12:32 pm

Agree with both of the last 2 statements…

• alleykat69 said, on January 18, 2021 at 1:30 pm

I agree that the initial hit was more to his neck shoulder area but when he was brought down his helmet and head to some abuse.However not all concussions are caused by helmet to helmet hits and this might be the case in this one.
        As great as the Chiefs are this could be an uphill battle against the Bills with Mahomes dealing with basciao3 injuries, toe injury, hip injury & and now concussion protocol.He Will not be as effective and maybe not finish the game.Though I hope for the best cause I want a great game with both QB’s dueling..

• unca_chuck said, on January 18, 2021 at 2:41 pm

Yeah, the Chefs can wait another 50 years.

10. Winder said, on January 18, 2021 at 2:15 pm

I hope Mahomes is alright also. He is a class act and the NFL needs more like him.That said I hope Buffalo hammers the chiefs for no other reason than it’s been a long time for them. They are pretty good team but if KC is on I don’t think they have the horses. Whoever wins this one should win the SB.

• unca_chuck said, on January 18, 2021 at 3:50 pm

I’m grudgingly getting impressed by the Packers. They certainly didn’t have the horses last year, and they didn’t seem to do a lot to resolve that, but they are clicking pretty well right now. I think they take TB.

KC? Got to see what is up with Mahomie.

11. unca_chuck said, on January 18, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Good job, Flav. You are lucky though that I diidn’t send you a 5 lb block of cheese with 80 quarters stuffed in it.

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Unca you are off the list and in the club. Well done and thank you for prompt payment

12. mrsprtdude said, on January 18, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Nice win Craig! How do we pay? I think i missed that. Paypal?

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 5:37 pm

looking to get off the list and into the club I see. Nice. Yes, PP, bigflavor77@gmail.com thanks! And nice try you came close!

13. mrsprtdude said, on January 18, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Done!

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 6:33 pm

how’s it feel to be in the club of trust? Feels pretty good, aye?

• alleykat69 said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Are in Meet the Parents you have reached DeNiro’s
        “Circle of Trust”

14. willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Padres still dealing, acquire Musgrove from Pirates deal away Lucchesi to Mets in 3 team deal.
    fangraphs had them not far away from LA before. NL West is gonna be battle, at top at least.

• Flavor said, on January 18, 2021 at 6:34 pm

that was a hell of a move by them

15. willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 6:22 pm

Harden definitely is bigger, but off tonight anyway is passing the ball off without the 20 seconds of dribbling before I decide when to shoot nonsense.

• Macdog said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:10 pm

That was a helluva game, and uncluttered by what’s usually too many timeouts in the final minute.

• willedav said, on January 18, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Harden grabbed that long rebound and pass to Durant for 3. He made all plays at the end, either scoring himself to passing to Harris Jordan or Durant for hoops. Middleton took tough shot surprised inbound pass came to him in corner. That’s 2 dang good teams.

16. Macdog said, on January 18, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Wow, great comeback win by the Dubs to beat the Lakers.

17. chipower9 said, on January 18, 2021 at 10:28 pm

Flav – first off, congrats! Nice play my friend. And thanks for the 0-4 love last thread 😂 But hey, I was 5-1 against the spread wild card weekend.

Shooting you $20 now via PayPal. Sorry for being late, and once again, congrats.