Start Diggin’

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 1, 2021

Now the REAL Spring Training games begin. Grave Duggar in the line up. Assuming they pitch to him, unlikely but they might, I expect at least 0-2 extra base hits and let’s say 6-12 highlight reel catches in the outfield. There’s nothing he can’t do.

Who’s your spring phenom pick this year? *you know mine…..

1. Bozo said, on March 1, 2021 at 8:06 am

“Who’s your spring phenom pick this year? ”

Weird, but I don’t have one this year. My guy, Carter Williams, wasn’t an invitee. He was signed as a NDFA last June and assigned to the AZL Orange team but didn’t play, So who knows where he is this year. If I see him back home here in North Carolina and he’s panhandling, I’ll slip him a couple of bucks and let him know he was my guy this year.

2. unca_chuck said, on March 1, 2021 at 8:26 am

Jaylin. An actual player.

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 9:01 am

he’ll be panhandling next to Bozo’s guy Carter Williams by mid April.

3. Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 9:14 am

this line up is…..quite something

4. Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 9:16 am

Vosler chump getting talked up quite a bit as a possible ST phenom

5. Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 9:54 am

weird that he chose AZ. That’s no ring guarantee

6. Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 10:26 am

Irad Ortiz wasting Paco Lopez

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:35 am

Paco’s a dick, I been told…

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Irad should have dropped him last a sack of dirt a long time ago.

7. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 10:29 am

GD will be a late scratch when the obvious comes out and they finally realize he can’t hit worth a lick and put him a real hitter Jaylin Davis, the lighting rod of the Sombrero league, instead of
    GD who will last been seen digging graves in the sweltering desert heat,hence the nickname GraveDiggerDuggar his true destiny path in life..

8. Bozo said, on March 1, 2021 at 10:36 am

So bases loaded, one out but since the pitcher threw 20 pitches the inning is over.

I gotta give the MLB rule makers a tip of the cap, not sure I could handle the drugs they must be on.

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:34 am

They should count pick-off throws as part of the 20.
      Good way to get out of a jam…

• alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:53 am

Agree, the fastest way of getting Corey Gearrin out of a game I’m all for it!!

• Bozo said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Kat, the Braves had bases loaded with 1 out and 1 in, the pitcher for Boston had thrown 20 pitches so Boston’s manager called the inning over so his pitcher could go out in the next inning. Complete bullshit IMO.

• xoot said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:20 pm

today’s game is six innings?

• Bozo said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:08 pm

I thought 7 was bad enough.

9. gianthead said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:17 am

Can a “vet” count? Like to see what LaStella brings…not a lot from the phenoms in Game 1. Hjelle is the mist intriguing arm and would love to see Dubon take command offensively.

10. Carstie Clausen said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:41 am

Phenoms are coming. But we may need to wait another year or two before the trickle turns into a spate. At least that’s the take of Marc Delucchi with the Foghorn. He’s doing ratings every day this week. Basically, he says the international scouting and the organizational development sectors have leaped upwards. He’s very high on international signings over the last couple years and rues the fact that the minors didn’t have a season last year—an area where SF really took it in the shorts.

Delucchi acknowledges that the system is still only starting to make progress on star-quality players, but notes that the very good, but not quite great prospects are not only numerous, but may even contain a few gems within the extensive matrix.

New faces on the player-development side is something I’d hollered about previously. Seems like that has happened, segueing in with the Giants now sporting the most extensive coaching staff in the Bigs. Last season it would seem that they managed to create a silk-purse outta a bunch of re-treads and dumpster dives (read sows’ ears). There is fine talent throughout organized baseball. Sure there are some sure-thing, can’t miss players, but sometimes those talents just do not get the particular treatments they may need as individuals in order to make that talent rise to the occasion. It could just be that SF has finally found their formula.

My call for 2021 is that Heliot Ramos may get the call at some time between the Break and the end of August.

11. unca_chuck said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:41 am

Totally forgot about Tail Gunner Joe. Not to be confused with Connor (cup of) Joe.

12. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 11:49 am

No matter, any Joe not named Montana are DiMaggio are worthless..

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:53 pm

13. xoot said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm

Kapler’s letting Tropeano go well beyond 20 pitches in the first. Mercy! Mercy!

14. Winder said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I think Bailey might prove that he was a real good pick but I doubt we see him before Sept if at all this year.

15. Macdog said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Duggar flied out to right after Bart leadoff single.

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Good sign that he’s pulling the ball and elevating it as well…

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:02 pm

my 0-2 extra base hits call still in play.

16. Winder said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:28 pm

I know ST records don’t mean much but these new rules are taking it to the limit.

17. Macdog said, on March 1, 2021 at 1:47 pm

Missed the last couple innings, in the 4th Duggar singled to right after Bart leadoff single, both got stranded.

• xoot said, on March 1, 2021 at 2:01 pm

I don’t know why they have to say he batted .176 last year every time he stands in. His ops was well over .400.

18. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 2:41 pm

What idiot came up with this for ST?
    The Angels are playing the Whitesox’s in a 5 inning game?
    Which is ridiculous, and the kicker is the Angels are leading 4-0
    as the home team, but will still be allowed to bat in the bottom of the 5th even if they have won after the top of the 5th!! Damm I think I need a 5th to figure this one out.🥃

19. Macdog said, on March 1, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Duggar 1-3, struck out swinging with two on, two out in 5th. Looks like it’s a 1-1 final in 6 innings.

• djloo27 said, on March 1, 2021 at 3:20 pm

.333 BA is nothing to sneeze at…

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 4:07 pm

.333 batting average makes my squad all day every day.

20. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Wait till my boy gets his start and goes 2-4 with a bomb.500 is nothing to sneeze about as well..

21. alleykat69 said, on March 1, 2021 at 4:47 pm

Poole&Mannion to return from Santa Cruz Warriors for Wednesday’s game..
    Has to be the end of Wannaburger&Smarligge right? They both suck!

• Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 4:51 pm

good. I been #freepoole on twitter for the last week. Fuck Mannion, WillieD says he’s no good.

22. Flavor said, on March 1, 2021 at 5:42 pm

it’s like they’re trying to lose.

23. mrsprtdude said, on March 1, 2021 at 10:01 pm

My daughter tried to get tix to Sunday. All they had was lawn seats for $100.

For 5 innings and no rally big innings??? It was bad enough the games cost so much for a practice game, but now only 1/2 a practice game? Fuck that!