A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Beating Colorado

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 10, 2021

Again, our SP continues to be amazing. This is not sustainable. At some point the hitting needs to get going. Although I have feared the aged POTD for some time now.

The vaccine: Loo, i got my second shot a couple months ago (Moderna). The good news about the 12-36 hours of discomfort is that it literally goes away immeditely, it’s not like you slowly get better. Everyone should get vaccinated if they are given the opportunity. Normally I wouldn’t give a shit about dumbass anti-vaxers but they are going to slow the goal of herd immunity, likely allowing the virus to mutate again putting the sustainability of our vax at risk. Probably will just need a booster at some point next year but, yeah, FUCK the anti-vaxers.

Here’s are two pics submitted by Sarge–The first Flapper man enough to storm Oracle during the Pandemic.

1. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:09 am

well said all around. Great pics from Sarge!
    Yes ERA of SPs is 2.30. As a team Giants BA is .198 though they are 3rd NL in HRs. Regression to mean will come at some point.

Dubon is one I’ll keep eye on though. Only BB he had so far was intentional one in Gausman last start. He’s a big part of Kapler’s plans, as only back up SS and set to play lot of CF. If he can’t hit, that presents a problem.
    Slater is also big part of Kapler’s plans, as he is back up CF and covers a corner often. He bats leadoff a lot and while he leads team with 4 BBs, like many Giants he’s under Mendoza line with one solo HR as only XBH.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:34 am

Ramos is getting ready.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:34 am

Back up SS will be an issue though.

2. mrsprtdude said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:09 am

Be an optimist Craig. The pitching will be good. Gausman is a stud. Has BPX over 100 every year he has played. Last year 191. Near elite. This will be the year he sustains it. We can keep him with another 2 year deal or another qualifying offer and get a pick if he leaves. I’m feeling good about a year where we win some games and are a fun team to watch. Just like last year. Watching without expectation of winning or making the playoffs is so much more fun. I will be at a game this summer. I’d go now but timing for a road trip isn’t good now.

The wife, daughter and I are all vaccinated. My son isn’t but will be soon.

My daughter works on an all covid floor as an RN. last week 1/2 of her unit went ‘clean” and she saw her 1st non covid patient since starting her career in October. YAY!

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:22 am

the pitching will not be this good, lol. I’ll give you Gausman I guess but to me he seems like an injury waiting to happen. In fact, they all do.
      Either way, once the pitching starts to fade these bats need to get going.

3. Winder said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:22 am

Wow, what a way to start a career. After being thrown directly into the fire hopefully it’s mostly downhill for her the rest of the way.

4. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:24 am

Way to represent, Sarge! Nice game. No reason for the starters not to be fairly effective. It’s the pen I’m worried about.

5. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:34 am

Could this be the day the bats warm up a bit? One possible sign of spring in the sticks is that today’s mound opponent is Chi Chi Gonzalez. Only in his first year in The Show did he have an ERA lower than 5.00. Also, his pattern has been to issue as many free passes as he does strikeouts. Of course we don’t know how much of that is attributable to the alpine factor at the Box of Rox. Hitting will break out sooner or later. Today could be a good opportunity. Let there be plenty of sunshine.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 9:39 am

There was another baseball Chi-Chi.
      The great Chi-Chi Olivo, who for some reason was thrown into the Clete Boyer trade…

6. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:38 am

Every pitcher in baseball is an injury waiting to happen along with players.Some teams avoid it better then others in a given year..
    So what’s with MLB’s confiscation of 20 -25 baseballs thrown by Trevor Bauer looking for scuff marks ,pine tar resin on ball etc..Which can change the spin rate and drop of a baseball ⚾️ Bauer’s a cocky punk that doesn’t need to doctor a ball to be successful.

7. mrsprtdude said, on April 10, 2021 at 8:42 am

Hitters will get going, just as the pitching will regress. We are on a 90 win pace!

8. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 9:01 am

did any of you guys see the SD no hitter? I watched the 9th inning and it seemed like the entire park was SD fans….in Texas. Seriously what was up with that?

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 11:59 am

Dude (Musgrove?) scored 55 (I think) in DK and was a key factor in providing me a nice payday in one of my tournaments, albeit, it could have been much, much more of an impact, but he had a draft percentage of 60%. So was Walsh (LAA).

9. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 9:41 am

Great job by Sarge.
    Always like to see one of us out there.
    Doesn’t happen often…

10. Bozo said, on April 10, 2021 at 9:50 am

Looking good Sarge, that had to be a great time at the yard.
    That sure was a fun opener.

11. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2021 at 10:00 am

Sarge great for you to make it to the O representing the Flap Nation’
    Your Rockin the look especially with that cool camouflage SF mask!
    Well done sir!

12. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 10:14 am

1. Tommy La Stella (L) 2B
    2. Mike Yastrzemski (L) RF
    3. Alex Dickerson (L) LF
    4. Brandon Belt (L) 1B
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    7. Buster Posey (R) C
    8. Mauricio Dubon (R) CF
    9. Logan Webb (R) P

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Taking a close look at that lineup, I cannot quite comprehend Kap’s reasoning, with 4 LHBs topping the rota, then going RH with Longo, back to Craw as another LH. And again, why bat Belt at cleanup when he has yet to emerge into his mojo? Is. Chi Chi likely to faint at the site of so many portside pokers staring him down?

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 12:36 pm

Why is Donnie Bs on the bench? Figure he’ll jump in after they chase Chai Chai? (old tv ref) LaStella’s gotta earn his $$, I guess.

13. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 10:26 am

Amazing how loud 7,000 true fans can be. Cool to hear. Must’ve been a great day, Sarge.

14. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 10:30 am

I remember Chi Chi Olivo with Braves. If you go to B/R page for him there is link to SABR historical bios, and when you type his name in there is great rundown on him, family (brother Diomedes was briefly in MLB) and his long career in Dominican Winter League after Yanks cut him as ST ended after he was acquired in deal Loo mentioned. Good read!

15. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 10:33 am

speaking of our own Mr. Ramos, wonder howinell to get updates on games at A’s alt site btw them and Giants. Slusser had shot of Wilson hitting HR on her twitter account, and mlb.com says Wood pitched 3 innings and appears OK/soon to be back. Minors seasons won’t open officially til May, so what’s going on over there?

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 12:06 pm

Melissa Lockard at the athletic used to cover Giants and A’s minors. She’s good. But she’s mainly stuck now as back up on the Oakland beat. Maybe when real ML games begin she’ll be on them again.

16. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Great long set of Irish bluesman Gary Moore’s music on Blues by the Bay today. Moore was in and out of Thin Lizzy several times over the years. (earlier this a.m., Blues with a Feeling on KZSU (good Snodfart station) featured more than an hour of John Brim, great Chicago bluesman who finally made a fortune after Van Halen covered his song Ice Cream Man.)

• willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Oh John Brim was on an old Chess LP (I think) various artists sampler with Little Walter, “Tough Times” great tune.

17. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:00 pm

• willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Cool, thanks!

18. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:11 pm

Not a good starter by Webb. Nine pitch walk to Garrett Hampson. He fouled off 5 of them and ultimately Webb missed the zone.

19. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:20 pm

21 pitches to get three outs (4 batters). Huuuuge assist by Buster as he nails Hampson attempting to steal second. One can only speculate how many runs the Rox may have plated without Posey’s cut-down. Webb needs to trust his stuff more and make them hit the ball. He tried with Hampson and couldn’t quite fool him. At his current pace, Webb will be fortunate to go 4 IP.

20. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Chi Chi was lucky. 28 pitches. Long counts. Sizzling liner to the first baseman with two on and nobody out, turned the tide for him. Eight pitches finally got his first RHB, Longo. And here I thought Webb was sloppy but lucky.

21. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Bailed out by DP.
    Over/under how many innings Webb completes today?

• Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm

He’s at 34 pitches through two IP @17/. Pitcher leads off the third, so he could start out on the right foot as he did with Cron. His changeups are missing down and out. Diaz swung at a bad pitch, well inside and it turned into the pitcher’s best friend. Webb goes 4.66 I.P.

22. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:50 pm

With Buster walking on 7 pitches, Dubon hits an at-em ball to the center-fielder on the first pitch. So far those BBIPs are what’s kept the Giants from making it happen.

23. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 1:57 pm

Falling behind Hampson on sinkers and sliders, Webb gets a fly-out on a 4-seamer right down the middle of the plate. Whew!

24. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:02 pm

2b platoon looking good.

25. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Pitiful try by Blackmon…

26. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:04 pm

Sometimes Yaz looks a lot like JFK Jr. to me…

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:46 pm

Is he the guy who failed the NY bar exam half a dozen times but somehow got a good job anyway?

27. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Chi Chi’s luck is riding on atem balls—this time Yaz sharply lining to Cron at IB. LaStella worked him well to get that double on the 7th offering. Will he get stranded?

28. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:07 pm

jeez Dickerson ain’t gonna get that lucky twice in same inning

29. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Run in, but how did LaStella injure his ankle? Man! This has been one crazzzee game.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:20 pm

Fouled a pitch off it…

30. zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:18 pm

Nice photos, Sarge!

31. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Tapia looks like a ’70’s Times Square hooker…

32. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:21 pm

not exactly baseball related but here is a short video clip of me hunting a coyote down our hill.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:36 pm

I think you need to shoot it and pike it’s carcass on a fence post to scare the others away. For a while.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Why not just use a proven method?
        I found this instructional video…

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Ranchers in NM used the pike method when I was there. Grinning skulls on the roadside. No Acme anvils.

33. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:26 pm

Chi Chi must have a rabbit’s foot in his back pocket. Buster swings at one down in the zone, towards the outside corner and into yet another DP. Dubon than lines into one more on the first pitch—right at a convenient outfielder. That’s the 4th at-em BBIP in four innings.

34. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Do stats lie or did I misread them? From what I saw that was his second hit in his last two seasons.

35. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:33 pm

God I knwe that was coming.

36. Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:33 pm

McBomb.

37. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Is Webb lazy or what? He cruises along then pffffffffffft. 3 or 4 half-asses pitches and it’s 4-1. Happened his last start. And a bunch last year.

• willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Exactly, same BS as last year. Too many pitches outside zone then hangs a couple and he’s in trouble. I’d figured 4 as max innings he completed, and now he’s straining in 5th.

38. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:38 pm

80 pitches and Webb just toasted himself to McMahon driving in Chi Chi…and himself on his 5th tater of this early season. Their pitcher is having one totally good-luck game. Webb not so lucky. Too many pitches. He did hang on an inning longer than I expected. He desperately needs a killer pitch. Maybe if Wood comes up and he goes down, Logan should consider learning that knuckle-curve. Between the drooping change-ups and sliders and those other non-strikes added to the foul-offs, he gradually lost his edge.

39. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Spider Pig’s ok as a four or five, I guess. Maybe he’ll figure out how to command that movement.

40. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:42 pm

92 pitches to get out of his final inning. Webb was not exactly bad, but not quite there yet. McMahon does have a hot streak going, but that single by Chi Chi was totally on the kid. You can’t ever go on cruise-control, even while facing the opposing pitcher.

41. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Solano may not have been the proper choice to p.h. for Webb. That first pitch pop-out to the first-baseman was not exactly barreling that one. He had to be overanxious and took a rip at the first thing he saw. He could take lessons from LaStella on wearing the pitcher down. Again, Chi Chi gets outta the inning unscathed, but now at 80 through five. Somehow the Giants attack remains discombobulated and haunted by those BBIPs. Things will even out as the season runs on, but making hay while the sun shines should be what’s happening with the Rox in town.

42. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:58 pm

i wish I’d had one of Blade’s guns with me when I came upon that fuck in broad daylight. I got a deal with the coyotes and the mountain lions: they don’t show up in the day, I don’t let our cats out at night. That guy broke the deal.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:03 pm

If the coyotes and big cats retained me you’d lose that contract claim and pay their fees too. Come on. You’re in their lair.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:37 pm

With all due respect.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:43 pm

fuck them. They are monsters. I throw rocks at them whenever I can. They want to eat my cats.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:55 pm

With some success against big raccoons and quick coyotes, I’ve used a ballistic grade sling shot, with marble sized steel. Pop those motherfuckers a few times and they’ll take a look at your neighbors’ backyards.

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:26 pm

This would be the “ticket” to do it . . . My Ruger PC 9mm Carbine I was shooting with 2 friends from Rocklin today in the Eldorado Forest. Not certain this photo will show up here, but here goes.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Whoa. You kinda look like the guy in Oakland who told me to give him my phone last night. He couldn’t catch me. The big iron slowed him down, I guess.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:40 pm

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:56 pm

That’s not the guy.

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:56 pm

lol Xoot . . . You’re killin’ me (figuratively).

43. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Wow. The Buster cannon

44. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Threes was one around here that had bitten 4 people.

45. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Buster will be back next year. He’ll probably bat eighth or ninth. But he’ll still be one of the best catchers in mlb. What a player.

46. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Nothing but 4-seamers to the Dick from Bowden, a rookie southpaw from Vanderbilt. Be interesting to see how he throws to RHBs. Always good to get that leadoff man on.

47. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Joel Rosario caught at wire on favorite Rushie, great race.

48. James said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Nice takes on 1-1, 2-1 by Flores.

• willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:19 pm

Yes, hits for Belt, draws the walk and comes home on 3 run bomb.
      Walks matter!

49. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:14 pm

wow that will untie it!

50. Bozo said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Boom.

51. Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:14 pm

Craw bomb!

52. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:15 pm

memo to Baer: let in as many fans as you can, keep the archways closed.

53. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:15 pm

CRAW!!! Yo da Daddy with the BIG shot.

54. xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:18 pm

I bet that rip didn’t need the closed knothole to scream away. Slash high that slash line, craw.

55. Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:38 pm

On-Point Reyes.

56. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Moronta shows how its done. Pretty efficient.

57. alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Chubby Checkers Moronta mowing them down!
    He’s looked impressive and add a save as well.,

58. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:40 pm

i don’t know about you guys but I’m pretty stoked Blade is constantly armed and out shooting up shit lol

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:46 pm

Jut for you, Flavor…

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:57 pm

just to be clear, I have never clicked on a link to a Beatles song here and I never will. They are terrible and overrated.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:02 pm

That’s about as close as they ever got to being bearable

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:55 pm

Dude, you or anyone else are always welcome to come out and shoot at the forest a few miles from my house. Today, I was mostly shooting my new Ruger Carbine and S&W MP Shield (both 9mm). I also took my Ruger 10/22 Takedown out there (great for plinking .22 rounds).

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:58 pm

Nice. I just sat in my car like a pussy woofin’ at the coyote. Maybe this Summer we talk guns

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:58 pm

The other day when you said you wanted to roam in BLM land with your guns, I completely misunderstood, at first.

59. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:50 pm

LaStella looks stellar as a table-setter. Can he possibly play center-field? Does he have the arm? The range?

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:52 pm

He never has in the bigs…

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 3:57 pm

60. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:03 pm

Seems like its always a circus with Rogers. Twenty pitches, but he got em. Bottom of the Rox lineup for the 9th.

61. Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Japan’s Matsuyama tears it up on the back 9, will likely have the Masters lead heading into tomorrow.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:05 pm

woo hoo! Got him on all my draft kings teams

• Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:09 pm

I think he had 4 birdies and an eagle on the back 9. Plus they said it was first bogey-free round for anyone in the tourney.

62. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Dudes there is no thing I am more certain of in life than of Blade accepting me into The Overlook Hotel to shoot some guns.

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:17 pm

Don’t know the reference, but I’m about to eat dinner . . . So, I will Google this later (but this doesn’t sound good . . . I AM A PUSSYCAT!).

• blade3colorado said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:26 pm

lol . . . I am definitely no Jack Torrance. Shit, I don’t even shoot at helicopters. lqtm

63. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Givens is plumb nasty. Well, here we go—9th inning looms.

64. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:18 pm

65. Bozo said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Way to go, Giants.

66. Macdog said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Three in a row!

67. Carstie Clausen said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Ballgame. Jake is no flake. This one we take. Four runs is a slight bit of an improvement, but still a nail biter.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:22 pm

11 Bob Marley
    12 The Beach Boys
    13 Buddy Holly
    14 Led Zeppelin
    15 Stevie Wonder

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Dump one and twelve and that’s a good list, for suburban hipsters.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:36 pm

Wow we agree! 1/12 are fucking terrible

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:43 pm

Sorry fellas, history is against you on that.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Is that what the textbook says? Well, hell. That must be right.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:02 pm

It can be debated whether the Beatles are #1 or not, whatever that means, but there’s no way in objective reality that the Beatles are not good or terrible. That’s just a ridiculous take on the Beatles. It ignores all the facts. It’s the anti-vaxxer of musical takes.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:10 pm

Lol anti vaxxer take is good. But you clearly miss the point on music zumiee. Lots of people love The Beatles lots of people hate The Beatles. How many 16-year-olds do you think are listening to The Beatles lol? Music is nothing more than personal taste. It’s like food you can’t rank it you either like it or you don’t like it

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:08 pm

Where’s Abba?
      The Bee Gees?

• alleykat69 said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:11 pm

Are Captain&Tennile?

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:21 pm

please don’t push Take on Me again. I’d rather hear that you’ve got the brawn I’ve got the brains let’s make lots of money tripe they constantly play between innings now

69. willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:08 pm

not a gun owner and don’t plan to be, but in late 70s with softball buddies i used to explain the “D” in W-D that I had on glove meant “dangerous.” As in “armed and extremely dangerous” hit song from 73 with Philly sound group First Choice, lol

70. zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:27 pm

“Music is nothing more than personal taste.”

In the short term, that’s mostly true; but in the long term, not so much. Some things stand the test of time better than others.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:32 pm

The fucking test of time? Meme of Einstein shaking his head and looking at you in terror.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:36 pm

I’m talking about the arts, which, yes, admittedly are more subjective than science.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:12 pm

The arts? No. Not at all. You’re talking about the Beatles.

• Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:38 pm

agree on things standing the test of time. I was driving around today listening to ACDC wondering how anyone couldn’t like it? But, I admitted to myself, music is just taste, nothing more. It’s just like food Zumiee. Deal with it.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm

We would agree that some food is healthier than others.

71. zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:42 pm

Billboard magazine’s top musical artists list. Probably based on sales.
    1 The Beatles
    2 The Rolling Stones
    3 Elton John
    4 Mariah Carey
    5 Madonna
    6 Barbra Streisand
    7 Michael Jackson
    8 Taylor Swift
    9 Stevie Wonder
    10 Chicago

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm

Meme of Karl Marx laughing his ass off

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 5:58 pm

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:03 pm

I don’t think that word means what you think it means

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:44 pm

And that’s what’s ironic about it.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:47 pm

No. It’s not. Try again homer.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:52 pm

See, that’s ironic, too.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:01 pm

• willedav said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:34 pm

mm I like the other list a lot better

72. Flavor said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Zumiee I learned a good lesson a long time ago, I was 19. I’ll spare you the details of how I learned it: Don’t ever think you’re better than anyone. You aren’t. Once you accept that a whole new meaning of life opens up to you………

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:50 pm

I don’t think that I’m better than others.
      But some things are better than other things. The ‘69 Mets were better than the ‘62 Mets. We can agree on that. It would be ridiculous if I said the ‘69 Mets were terrible.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:55 pm

You’re what’s known as a Positivist. Not wswin positivist as James misused the term the other day, but a philosophical positivist. Perfectly respectable bunch of bourgeois overlords whose views still carry a lot of weight. Google it.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:15 pm

I see your point; the act of putting together canons for future generations is dicey. I get that. The canons should always be fluid and open to change. But we can agree that Shakespeare will always be in the English literature canon. Mozart in music. Bobby Fisher in chess. There is true genius. That word gets overused a lot, but genius does exist. Obviously I’m not a genius, or even close, but it does exist in some others. And the geniuses enhance our civilization.

73. unca_chuck said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:45 pm

Chicago?!?!? Their early shit was pretty solid. But #10?

Any list without the Clash is utter bullshit.

Zumie, that list was released before Rolling Stone got woke and decreed Marvin Gaye/What’s Goin’ on as the greatest thing sliced bread. And it’s certainly better than Sgt. Pepper, but that’s revisionist history for you.

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:50 pm

What’s Going On really is one of the best. I had to drive from Charlottesville to Colombia in a rental car one day and I grabbed a cassette of WGO at a gas station. One of my favorites as as kid and then again that long day.

74. zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 6:58 pm

“The impact of the Beatles – not only on rock & roll but on all of Western culture – is simply incalculable … As personalities, they defined and incarnated ’60s style: smart, idealistic, playful, irreverent, eclectic…. No group has so radically transformed the sound and significance of rock & roll. … they proved that rock & roll could embrace a limitless variety of harmonies, structures, and sounds; virtually every rock experiment has some precedent on Beatles record.”

–Rolling Stone

• xoot said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:11 pm

Who in RS? when? This isn’t history, it’s weak ass fan boy cherry picking.

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Lulz.

• djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:30 pm

To Zumiee and billions of others it’s true, even if you hate them…

75. djloo27 said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:06 pm

It doesn’t get much worse than these white Laker uniforms with powder blue lettering that you can hardly see.
    WHY???

• zumiee said, on April 10, 2021 at 7:19 pm

The Braves are wearing their ‘70s units tonight. I don’t like those.