A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Unexpected Things

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 27, 2021

The San Francisco Giants have the best record in the National League (tied).

Also, this is a cool random stat:

If you combine Posey and Casilla’s fingers and put them all down at the same time, would the entire Giants pitching staff just jizz in unison?

Got this text from my main man since 7th grade, The Boney One. Big A’s/Niners fan. Thoughts? I disagree with him about Mills but I do think Shanny has too much hubris to get this right and his talent eval skills have never been proven to give him the right to make a call of this magnitude for an entire franchise.

1. gianthead said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:35 am

Damn that is a good stat and even though I think Posey in the Hall is no lock this is hard to ignore…

2. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:01 am

Pitching staff be jizzing, bigtime. LOL. Pretty fucking amazing numbers.

Even more amazing to me is that Posey is doing what he is doing. I knew that if the hip surgery went well in conjunction with a year of changing diapers, he could show an uptick in production, but really did not see this coming.

I definitively said he would not hit 10 HRs this year. Fuck, he’s half way there and we’re not even outta the month of April. I’ll take it and hope like hell he keeps some semblance of this going.

Pretty fucking cool to look at the standings and see the Giants in first fucking place.

Also, 2nd best record in MLB.

Keep this train a rollin’.

I don’t think Boney One is that far off base. Not sure Mills will be better than all those three, but I did have the same thought that the Niners could have stayed-put and drafted Mills. Time will tell. I think there are gonna be a lot of pissed Flappers (and Niner fans in general), as I truly think they’ll take Jones.

3. willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:17 am

Injury updates on mlb.com to the right. Moronta could be back in a week, Cueto to miss couple more starts. Beede eligible to come off 60 day end of May and is throwing.
    Only 4100 at game last night; there is update to ticket procedures etc. for May games.

4. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:19 am

They could have stayed put and drafted Jones at 12. If not, you take Mills. That is my biggest peeve. Lance would have gone 3rd in that scenario.

If they take Jones, it means that Lynch is a paper GM.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:50 am

How is that, that he is a “paper GM?” Because he let Shanny draft Jones (if they indeed take Jones)?

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:52 am

Well, yeah. AShanny is the head coach. He runs the players. The GM is supposed to manage the draft and the front office and the coaching staff.

5. Bozo said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:26 am

Having the starters only go one inning a game during spring training, sure seems to be paying off.

6. willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:28 am

Davis Mills? Watched lot of Pac 12 last year, had his moments but league overall was awful. Whatever history is behind Ohio St or Bama QBs is irrelevant–college game has changed a lot even in SEC last couple years. And so has NFL–they are adopting more college like offenses with more spread/quick screens and no huddle stuff even on 3rd and short.

Bottom line, the QB is Shanahan’s pick, for whomever he likes best to run his offense–not who is the best athlete or who has strongest arm or whatev. It’s a unique situation as he calls the plays and knows what he expects his QB to do.
    He obviously liked the G and has done well when he’s in there, healthy, and running Shanahan’s offense. Biggest gripe I have is G not making quick enough decision to throw ball away and avoid sack/hits/loss of yards.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:54 am

Good post. I do not disagree at all with your description of Shanahan and what he wants in a QB. I like that both Lynch and Shanahan (via The Athletic) said: “Lynch and Shanahan urged fans to judge the eventual pick by his future on-field performance and not by whatever sentiment might currently be dominating social media.”

• Winder said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:14 am

I agree also, this one is purely Shanny’s baby. I read that he compared Mac to Brees. Not a bad thing. I am pretty sure Shanny doesn’t give a fuck what the fans think. This one is on him but I am pretty sure Lynch is on board too.

7. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:34 am

I don’t know how Mac Jones is going to do in the pros though I suspect it will be underwhelming. One thing I do know: throwing a rookie QB into the fire year 1 is not a recipe for success. Even Mahomes sat Year one. And the Niner window will not last forever. Stupid to waste a year for no reason

• Bozo said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:53 am

So would you go for Kyle Pitts?

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:55 am

Love Pitts, but no way in hell I draft him at 3. If you are not drafting for need (QB), then I think he is the best pick available.

8. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:08 am

Kyle’s argument that if you’re excited about a guy at 12 you have to be excited about him at 3 is total bullshit. He completely ignores what it cost to get to 3 AND that had they not paid it they could have gotten him at 12!

• willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:39 am

way too much made of what’s said publicly, on social media etc. Since Niners made the trade they know what they want to do given options available. lot of teams drafting behind them need QB too.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:53 am

Agree. I trust Lynch and Shanahan to make the right choice, certainly over all the ya-hoo armchair GMs out there on social media. I am not sure that if the Niners stayed-put at 12 that Jones would have fallen to them. I will do as Lynch and Shanny said and judge the pick on their eventual performance, and not on all the BS circulating on social media.

9. Winder said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:20 am

Gotta love yesterday’s game. The Giants bats showed up big time and I love seeing a shitload of singles and doubles.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:54 am

It was the Conga line extraordinaire…nice to see, and especially with Posey mixing in yet another big fly.

• alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:40 am

The people that said Posey won’t hit more then 5 HR’s in the season better be taking a bite out of their caps 🧢..

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:19 am

I had no idea what to expect from Posey. I wondered if physical deterioration was a factor in last years opt out. I wouldntve been surprised to see him retire. Instead, he’s roared back the way he did in 2012. He can turn on a FB again, that’s for sure. Even if he cools off, if he’s healthy at the end of the season, I’m confident the team will exercise its option for next year. We have quite a few great surprises so far, but Busters return is top of the list for me. (With Casali as the backup, we suddenly are strong at C again, in every way. Very enjoyable.)

10. James said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:06 am

I didn’t follow the logic of the argument against drafting from Alabama/Saban. He creates teams so good otherwise, he just sticks mediocrities with no NFL potential at QB? This survey might make the case that if you’re looking for a superior NFL QB using the program as a factor, well, . . . it probably shouldn’t be much of one.

11. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:27 am

Piggybacking on WillieD’s 7:17: I read where Moranta may be back as early as Monday. Crawford could return today. Wade Jr. is taking live BP and could be an option soon. The earliest Cueto is projected to return is May 9th. No word on Solano.

12. alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:37 am

First off the 49ers just need to trade Jimmy G now, they basically cut him off at his knee caps.It’s like saying to your wife are husband I think we need a open marriage, that just doesn’t work. Get what you can now are a just after the draft. How motivated will he be to play knowing he’s gone at any time?
    Shanahan said yesterday he likes 5 guys at 3, with all the BS / smokescreens I take that is he likes 5 guys and he gets his hamburger 🍔 and French fries 🍟 and coke at 3:00 there..
    He didn’t move up to take Mac Jones who will be the 5th QB off the board, he moved up to get a duo dynamic player in Justin Fields who’s a Ferrari compared to Jones being a Yugo It’s Fields to drive defenses crazy in his abilities to make plays are runs when a play breaks down!
    Davis Mills seriously? They have learned their lessons drafting Stanford guys, Boney needs to lay off the crack pipe.

• Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:52 am

I don’t see why they can’t have Jimmy start this year with Mac watching and when he gets hurt he can come in and play. They aren’t going to get shit for JG in a trade and there is ample evidence that having your #1 drafted QB sit for a year is the way to go rather than just throwing his doughy ass to the wolves

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:41 am

Agree with Flav. No way in hell they trade JG now. I will be VERY surprised. And get ready to eat your words, Kat. I am not saying he would be MY pick, but I think they will draft Jones. If not, it was a helluva a smokescreen.

And according to that smokescreen, the Niners pick is down to between Jones and Lance. Fields is not in consideration.

Again, smokescreen? We’ll find out Thursday.

• alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 11:39 am

Oh I say get ready to eat your words Chi..
        No freaking way they jump up to 3 to draft a dough boy from a program at Alabama that’s never produced a top tier QB in the NFL. Guess I can say the same about Ohio St / along with the powerhouse program of North Dakota St/ as well. I will be stunned 😳 and throwing items at my tv if Jones is the pick.I can live with Lance if they want to make the reach for the future but Fields can step in Day 1.But since whipping boy Jimmy G will probably be there before his next injury, Fields are Lance can hold the clipboard and absorb more knowledge..

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 12:43 pm

Bama has produced no top tier NFL QBs? So, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Bart Starr are not “top tier NFL QBs?”

Look, I am just going on my gut. I think Jones will be the pick. And that “doughboy” is a much better QB than what you think.

Whatever…we’ll all find out who was right and who was wrong come Thursday. To be honest, I will be good with whoever they pick, including Jones, and then I will judge the pick after we have seen him play for a year or so.

13. Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 9:42 am

I think I asked this on previous thread, maybe on Unca site, prior to the Niners moving up in the draft are there any mock drafts that show where Jones would have been picked? That might help explain why Kyle moved up

14. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:51 am

You see mlb will test next year (in an independent league) a knock out rule? A mini HR derby will replace regular play in tie games after nine. Is that like soccer?

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:55 am

oh god no

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:57 am

mlbtr links milb’s own announcing article

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 12:45 pm

That is total bullshit. Manfred is a fucking moronic idiot. A total fucking dumbass. Fuck him…

• Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:25 pm

The fact that he’s even considering something like this is proof of what you say, chi. I have enough of a problem with things like 7 inning games and forcing managers to leave relievers in for 3 batters. Something like this is unbelievable.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:37 pm

No shit LJ. And greet to see you here again.

15. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:54 am

Plenty of mocks had us taking Jones at 12. Walterfootball for one.

• alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 11:51 am

And I’ve seen plenty of drafts who had us taking Jones and now switching to Fields..

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 12:41 pm

I read multiple articles yesterday Kat that Fields was out of consideration for the Niners, and that it was down to Jones and Lance.

16. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:55 am

Some had him falling as far as 21.

17. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 10:56 am

My contention has been if they draft Jones then they trade Jimmy G and go with Jones from the get-go. Sure, I’d like to see Jimmy stay. It would behoove him to play well to get another fat contract Somewhere else.

But Belichick may throw us some meat for him.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 12:46 pm

No way, IMO. I say you stick with JG as the starter regardless of who they take. The rookie only comes in if JG gets injured.

18. Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:23 pm

Just reported Niners looking to trade JG

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:26 pm

See my 10:56!

• Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:31 pm

There is no time stamp, just says 2 hours ago. Is it the one that starts “ it’s my contention

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Yep.

• alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:51 pm

Are my 9:37 post

19. Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Jason Jason La Canfora on twitter

Very strong expectation among other GM’s and throughout the industry that the 49ers will make major effort to move Jimmy Garoppolo before or during the draft. Timing isn’t great with 5 QBs about to go in 1st round, but Jimmy G’s future there now seen as bleak

20. Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:28 pm

So to me that indicates Mac Jones as the pick

21. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 1:41 pm

I think Jones was going to be the pick regardless of what the Niners did with JG.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:14 pm

This is what pisses me off.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:26 pm

I am not saying that Jones would be MY pick, just saying that based on everything I have seen and read, that my guess is Jones is the guy. I trust Lynch and Shanahan to make the right choice, and as I stated a few times earlier, I will reserve judgement on the pick until AFTER I see that QB play for a season, at least. But, that’s just me.

22. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:37 pm

if Kyle can take that doughy fuck and throw him out there as a rook AND win I’ll eat my words. I don’t think that has a snowball’s chance of happening but I will be happy to be wrong…….

23. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:51 pm

I am LMAO on all the “doughy fuck” references. 6’3″, 214. Uh yeah, doughy fuck…LOL.

24. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Trevor Gott cleared waivers. I bet the Giants wait a while, call him up again for a day, and see if anyone snags him on the way down. I think that would save about 3/4 million.

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 2:58 pm

Well less, prorated.

25. willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:04 pm

George the Iceman turns 69 today. what a fun player to watch used to try and catch him and high scoring Spurs as often as possible. High soft bank on drive unstoppable. 4 years in ABA and then all of a sudden he’s leading the NBA in scoring. Lot of guys in that league could really play.

• Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:28 pm

One of the last great NBA swingmen, a lost art these days. He was fun to watch.

26. alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Me too in a era where all playoff teams ( except for Brady and an aging Rodgers) have young playmakers that are mobile and dynamic at the position they would settle for a statue who can’t run are even move around in the pocket before he gets his bell rung.
    Shanahan will be mercifully ridiculed within the organization and football by taking Jones.What has is bromance with Cousin’s ever produced along with Ryan. No SB wins, lousy playoff records, time to go with the young breed of today’s QB’s not a pocket passer!
    He’s mentioned how guys like Mahomes, Murray, Jackson, Allen&Wilson are difficult to match up against, so he should want that too in either Fields my choice , are even reaching for Lance I could live with but more green right now.But whatever it comes down to Thursday night if you’re yelling fuck yeah, are shaking your head in disbelief..

27. Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:52 pm

You guys who think that it’s Lynch running the show over in Santa Clara are deluding yourselves. I think it’s been Shanny’s show from the get-go and always will be, including signing off on the Lynch hiring in the first place. As for QB, I believe the whole operation funnels through Shanahan. I think it’s going to be Jones as well, namely because a QB running the offense as designed by Shanahan is what’s most important to him, and Jones would seem to best fit the bill in that regard.

There’s some good videos on YT breaking down the performances of all of these guys and they are worth checking out. They all have flaws. While Jones is in no way a scrambling QB, he does not get near enough credit for his movement in the pocket, something Jimmy Garoppolo sucks at. Jones has good feet and pocket presence, is a very accurate passer and moves through his progressions smartly, more things JG is not very good at and something Shanahan values greatly.

As for smokescreens, there’s no reason for the Niners to engage in that stuff. Lawrence is almost certainly going to the Jags, and Wilson is almost certainly going to the Jets. That leaves the 49ers to take whichever of the remaining QB’s they want. They have zero motivation to try to mislead people about their intentions.

Personally, I hope they take Fields because of his tremendous physical talents, but being a successful QB at the NFL level involves way more than just being a great athlete. They need a guy who makes smart decisions and they don’t have that now. Fields or Lance may have that, but Jones would seem to be the most NFL ready and he’s a hell of a competitor. My guess is that he’ll be a Niner on Friday morning.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:24 pm

My problem there is that Jones has played behind a pro-grade o line and has rarely faced sustained pressure.

Then why do it at all? Shanny came out yesterday and said “the front office is trying to dissuade me from Jones.”

When (if) they make the pick for Jones, it telegraphs to the NFL world that John Lynch is a hologram and that he means nothing to the team as far as personnel decisions go.

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Great post and I agree, LJ. I actually read the other day where Shanahan did in fact hire Lynch. But IMO Lynch is no ghost. He is heavily involved in the personnel decisions, but said that with signing a QB, while he will provide his input to Shanahan, it will be Shanny’s pick (as the offense and play calling are all Shanahan’s lane).

28. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:54 pm

5. Charlie Blackmon (L) RF
    6. Josh Fuentes (R) 3B
    7. Dom Nunez (L) C
    8. Sam Hilliard (L) CF
    9. Chi Chi Gonzalez (R) P

29. djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 3:59 pm

I think we’ll see at least one Belt bomb tonight…

• chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Good call, Loo.

30. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Wandy Peralta to the yanks for OF Tauchman (sp). In Sactown, Ramos will be pissed off.

31. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:05 pm

we have gotten Mike Tauchman from the Yankees for that lefy reliever…..

32. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:06 pm

33. alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Now that they have the team leader in HR’s and average Posey moving up to 3rd in the LU I’ll call a Posey HR tonight, he’s locked in..

34. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Tauchman was a good pick up, not sure what the Yanks are thinking with this move. Peralta? I mean, whatever. Do they even really need a lefty reliever? And why this guy?

• djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Nicknamed “The Sock Man” by idiot Sterling…

35. Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:22 pm

I don’t know much about Tauchman. Is he any good?

• Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:26 pm

i mean, he’s a legit major leaguer. I’ll take him over Grave Duggar or Kat’s guy or any of the AAA bullshit

• Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Sounds good to me. Duggar sticking around has baffled me. I don’t think he’s ever going to do anything with the bat.

36. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:23 pm

Earlier this month, in his extra inning Peralta walked three batters in a row to plate the free runner from 2B for a walk off, right? That was Wandy wasn’t it? Has any other pitcher reached that milestone yet?

37. Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:25 pm

Looks like he has some pop.

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm

in forty some games, he hit as many HRs as Buster last year. Strange.

38. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Found money. Tauchmann just has to have a solid pulse and I’ll be happy with him.

My whole thing around Jones is, regardless of the incredible shitstorm that follows his signing, he’d better be fucking great out of the gate. He’s not no incremental guy. He HAS to be a stud from the get-go.

It sure looks like we are gonna go with Jones (or whoever they draft) to start the year next year. Unless we stick with Sudfeld? Please.

• Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:31 pm

You really think JG will be gone? I tend to think they’ll at least start the year with him but I guess it’ll come down to what they can get for him. Maybe we’ll see a draft day deal, because it would be nice to recoup some of those picks.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:34 pm

This team is all about draft picks. They gave up a shit-ton and will be looking to recoup as many as they can as fast as possible. If someone offers a 1 and change for Jimmy, he’s gone.

39. Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:34 pm

True about the O-line, Chuck, but hopefully the Niners will be much better there this year. McGlinchey absolutely has to improve his pass pro, and Tomlinson needs to bounce back from a down year. I suspect they’ll draft someone as well. It’s hard to see McGlinchey being any worse, so the only place he can go is up.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:35 pm

We did get Mack at center which is huge. Our failings at C with Westie hurt has caused ripples down the line. I hope they move McGlinchey to RG and get a better RT. Not sure if it happens right now, but I think that is in their plans.

• Lurker John said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:40 pm

Yes, signing Mack and bringing back Williams was huge. I think moving McGlinchey to guard is a great idea. He’s a very good run blocker already and would be less exposed in pass pro at guard. Let’s see how it shakes out in a couple of days. I’m pretty stoked to see what they do. I was really happy with their free agent work.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:49 pm

Yeah, the decisions they made in how to keep the team relatively intact was very very solid. Ford is gravy now that he has restructured his deal. The hope is he can do something, anything at some time.

I’m just baffled as to why they are so stuck on Jones. Alabama has a team that is better than the Jets, Jags, and Giants to name a few. The NFL is vastly different than college.

They will get roasted for the pick, and I won’t be happy, but they better be right about it. If he turns into a top 5 QB, hey I’ll sing his praises to the world. I’m simply not a believer.

40. Bill Fleming said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Mac Jones Very accurate passer, very smart, good decision maker, winner, good leader
    Justin Fields Very accurate passer, very smart, good decision maker, winner, good leader, SUPER ATHLETIC
    Trey Lance Very accurate passer, very smart, good decision maker, winner, good leader, SUPER ATHLETIC
    Choice should be between Fields and Lance.

The more I watch Trey Lance, the more impressive he looks. When watching his workouts, I thought the video was in fast motion. His footwork is unbelievably quick. Speaking of footwork, that is why Bill Walsh loved Joe Montana out of college. Montana wasn’t an accurate passer in college and he wasn’t all that great a decision maker either. He was smart, he was a great leader, and he was SUPER ATHLETIC.

Too bad Lance is so young and went to North Dakota St. instead of Alabama or Ohio St.

I thinks the Niners should draft Lance (since all the pundits are saying Fields is now not an option but if this is a smokescreen ,Fields would be a great choice) and keep Jimmy G. Jimmy G is a good QB and a winner, but he is injury prone. So when a fly lands on his neck and Jimmy G goes down, it would be nice if Trey Lance (or Fields) takes his spot.

Sometimes it really does just comes down to who passes the eye test. And to me, Lance looks better than Jones. They say Lance blew Shanny and Lynch at his workout. I remember a long time ago ready an article that said Aaron Rodgers blew away the Niners brass with his workout. It said his footwork and arm was unbelievable and that the Niners were ready right then to take Rodgers with the first pick of the draft. Well, the Niners took the taller and more accurate passer Alex Smith instead of Rodgers (who for some reason slipped down the draft board). I hope the Niners don’t make the same mistake with taking Jones.

I know, who are we to say who the Niners should pick, but take a look at some of their recent decisions with first round picks. Not to great, Huh? And these guys are supposed to be the experts.

Our recommendations are often better, we are just not in the position to make the actual choice.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:52 pm

I was furious when they took Drunkenfucker over Jake Plummer back in the day. And of course, Smith over Rodgers. Not that I hated Smith, it was just that Cal ran a pro-style offense, and Smith was coming from the run n gun. And he was in our backyard, for fuck’s sake.

41. alleykat69 said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:48 pm

Fields =Dak Prescott
    Lance = Josh Allen
    Jones = Matt Barkley
    SF you do the math

• Winder said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:53 pm

Lol. Shanny think more like this. Jones = Brees

• Winder said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Might even be Jones= either of the Mannings

42. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:50 pm

Bill, my hope from Day One of the trade was Lance. I think he has the biggest upside by far.

43. Winder said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:51 pm

I think the best we could get for Jimmy would be a 3rd rd pick. Teams know they have the Niners over a barrel. Either that or pay most of this years salary for a 2nd. The injury bug is the drawback.

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:53 pm

it’s all about Bill. Belichick that is. He may still have a stiffy for him.

44. djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 4:58 pm

How great would it be if the PTBNL is the Grave Duggar?

• Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:07 pm

that would be great.

• djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:37 pm

DiMaggio
        Mantle
        Grave Duggar

45. djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm

Fuck me with a bugle.
    Irad draws the rail Saturday…

• Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:07 pm

i was off that horse before the draw. Don’t bet him.

• djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 5:21 pm

Strictly a saver now.
        Didn’t love his last work, either…

46. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm

Jesus. Lazy passes, 3 offensive boards given up, 3 turnovers, easy shots for Dallas. And this is the first 5 minutes. Warriors down 13

47. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 6:54 pm

48. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 6:57 pm

19. Maybe they need to bring mark Jackson back for defense. All they do is commit stupid reach-in fouls. Off balance 3 by Tim jr? Ahhh, foul him. We have to lead the league in fouls committed.

49. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 6:57 pm

23-0 run by Dallas

50. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:01 pm

36-12 warriors don’t score in the last 8:42!

51. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:02 pm

Poseypower

52. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm

Paralegal I used to work with is on jeopardy tonight. He’s also a musician and composer. And a huge baseball fan

• Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Was he the defending champ or the other guy?

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:24 pm

The other guy. He was good and handled himself well. Second place though.

• Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:26 pm

Yeah, the champ imploded in Double Jeopardy.

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:29 pm

John went for it at the end. Just for the hell of it I guess. No chance the leader was going to make a bad bet. Wtf not? Go out with a flash.

53. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:14 pm

Which one?

54. Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:22 pm

Xoot, Jose Alvarez was the one who walked three in the 10th with the free runner on 2nd, it was the season opener loss vs. Mariners.

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:22 pm

Thanks.

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:20 pm

Speak of the devil.

55. Flavor said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:28 pm

56. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:35 pm

Dubs down 62-29 at the half.

• djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:43 pm

Looks the same upside down…

• zumiee said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:45 pm

The Kings beat the Mavs last night. Go figure. Any given night and all that.

57. Irish Kevin said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:49 pm

I know Jones is not the popular choice, but it is Kyle’s decision, we all better be prepared when the announcement is made, and the San Francisco 49ers choose Mac Jones at number 3” just sayin

58. Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:51 pm

Vosey ties it up!

59. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:51 pm

Doobie do NOT!

60. zumiee said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:53 pm

We’ve seen Dubon do some goofy baserunning before.

61. Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:54 pm

Dubonehead baserunning.

62. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:55 pm

Dubon is one cut loose mofo.

63. djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:55 pm

I blame Wotus.
    Make up your fuckin’ mind and stay the fuck out of the way…

• James said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:58 pm

That’s what I saw, too.

• willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:00 pm

strange play. How come wotus was so far down the line instead of at the 3b bag?

• unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:03 pm

Flan would be 10’ from home plate on that play.

64. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:56 pm

Give it right back Sanchez

65. Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 7:58 pm

Haven’t seen this mentioned here:

• willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:01 pm

kinda funny how they keep adding OFs.

• djloo27 said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:08 pm

Sounds like a porn star.
      Maybe Yaz is worse off than they say…

• xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:24 pm

Kapler denied that in his police spokesman way. According to beat tweets.

66. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:03 pm

These walks are gonna kill us

67. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:06 pm

He gone

68. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:07 pm

Fuck. They all can’t be good starts. But 4.2? Ouch. I’d have left his ass in there.

69. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:09 pm

6 walks in6 innings. Gulp

70. Macdog said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:16 pm

Belted for the lead!

71. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:17 pm

Wow. A rocket for Belt. DJ called it?

• James said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:21 pm

He did.

72. chipower9 said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:17 pm

Ba Ba Ba Belted!

73. willedav said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:21 pm

4 for Belt, in under 60 ABs. Career high is 18 I think…be nice to see him get 20-25.

74. unca_chuck said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:22 pm

Walk walk walk walk

75. xoot said, on April 27, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Maybe that oblique ain’t healed.