A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Yep, Another W

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 17, 2021

Arizona. These poor bastards. We get to take them to the woodshed one more time. A day time woodshed trip. Nothing more embarrassing.

And then the Phillies come to town. I’d love to know what Philly fans think of what Kap is doing with the Giants. Are they mad? Jealous? Their team is going nowhere while Kap’s has flown to the top of MLB. They have Bryce Harper. Big deal. That guy left the Nats and they won the World Series. Kap left Philly and he’s got the best record in baseball. Have Philly fans started to figure out that Harper is just a guy with nice hair who hits home runs? Lots of guys do that for signficantly less money.

Anyway, Philly coming Friday and you gotta think Kap’s had this one circled on the calendar for a while now……

San Diggity Dawg sent this to me this am from the course he was playing in SD. (NOT the Us Open!) He and I have a US open bet, I took XS and Morikawa he took Phil and Rory, for $10–highest placed finish wins. If one of them happens to win, that’s another $10.

1. zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 3:56 pm

“Casali got the Tromp wake-up call.”

It does make a fan wonder how much real-life career concerns can motivate a player.
    Plus Crawford, Posey, and Belt are all in “contract seasons.”

• unca_chuck said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Yup. Exactly. I don’t think Belt is gonna save his own ass, but Posey and Crawfish certainly stand to get at least a decent 2 year offer if they both go 25/90 or some shit like that. The clamor from the fans will be loud and long to resign them.

Longo will likely have some kind of year next season where he doesn’t get hurt every two fucking weeks.

• James said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:49 pm

It could be up to Belt to save his own ass by accepting a less than optimal deal to stay with SF. Or maybe he won’t attract that much interest. His numbers over the last 100 games are a lot better than Eric Hosmer’s, among others. Belt may not be the best SF hitter, but all that shit the vaunted coaching staff has been drilling into the team is basically what Belt has been doing for many years. If you have a whole team across a range of talents that buys into it, the offense is highly productive.

2. unca_chuck said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:03 pm

AZ has ONE win in June.

3. zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:25 pm

So the Giants are going to jerk a lot of their fans around this weekend regarding the network the games will be shown on, in order to sell subscriptions to yet another channel. Not cool, in my opinion.

• zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:33 pm

There is a Sac River Cats game on a local channel Saturday night. It’s something, at least.

• James said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:40 pm

I think the games will be free. You won’t have to sign up for the premium service to see them. Still, it’s a nuisance.

• zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:46 pm

OK, thanks.
        It involves having a TV hooked up to the internet, though? I don’t have that out in the country. We’re simple folk out here. 🙂

• zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:55 pm

It can be watched on a computer after downloading the Peacock app, I guess. That’s not ideal.

• James said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:57 pm

You should be able to hook your internet connected computer up to the TV, or send the picture and sound on your computer screen to the TV. If you lived in a civilized place like Berkeley, I’d come over and set it up for you 😄.

• zumiee said, on June 17, 2021 at 5:17 pm

Hey, I’m only about 90 miles away. Wouldn’t you love a nice drive through the 110 degree Central Valley tomorrow? lulz 🙂

4. Irish Kevin said, on June 17, 2021 at 4:38 pm

Brandon Crawford is 34, he will be 35 before spring training, i don’t think they should offer him anything, where as Posey still handles the pitching staff very well. And if Posey stays healthy, yeah give him 2 more years

• djloo27 said, on June 17, 2021 at 5:07 pm

But first, buy him out…

5. alleykat69 said, on June 17, 2021 at 7:01 pm

Kruk had to get a condescending dig into Curt Casali postgame.Your triple puts you one behind Tim Lincecum on the career list..
    Casali..Oh geez really? I guess I have my work cut out for me..

6. Winder said, on June 17, 2021 at 7:30 pm

zumiee- you don’t need a tv service to watch Peacock you got to sign up but it’s easy and free. They show a lot of stuff for free.

7. Macdog said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:16 pm

Golf update:

Flav +2 (XS -2, Morikawa +4)

Sandog +3 (Rory -1, Phil +4)

8. unca_chuck said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:16 pm

I cut the cord in March. been streaming all season. Baseball seems t work fine. NBA is a different story.

• djloo27 said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:19 pm

I don’t know WTF I’m waiting for.
      How many more times do I have to watch Goodfellas & Seinfeld?

9. unca_chuck said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:17 pm

Who is XS?

• alleykat69 said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Xander Scauffle (sp)
      Before it’s all said and done the cream will rise to the top
      so not much of a reach but I’ll take Kopeka and Rahm with Victor Hoviland as my dark horse.
      Something about Kopeka who can play like shit at times but when a Major tournament is on the line he’s always there..

10. unca_chuck said, on June 17, 2021 at 8:17 pm

Is it combine score, best finish?

• Macdog said, on June 17, 2021 at 10:22 pm

Ah, it’s highest placed finish, so Flav with Xander at -2 would be ahead?

• Flavor said, on June 18, 2021 at 5:21 am

correct. And if one of our guys happens to win it all, that’s another 10 spot–and ultimate bragging rights.

• Macdog said, on June 18, 2021 at 7:35 am

So this is the correct one after the first round:

Flav: Xander -2

Dog: Rory -1

Dog: Mickelson +4; Flav Morikawa +4

11. willedav said, on June 18, 2021 at 7:32 am

Announced crowd was 13 thou yesterday. Sure didn’t look like it, and I read from a fan who went earlier in week one night crowd was less than that. Good weather (for SF), weekend, yards opening up all over…

• zumiee said, on June 18, 2021 at 8:26 am

Everyone will be out with the public as their own comfort-level allows, as more people are getting vaccinated.

12. zumiee said, on June 18, 2021 at 8:30 am

Yeah, you know it’s going to be a hot day when it’s 80 degrees at 8:30 in the morning.

13. willedav said, on June 18, 2021 at 8:52 am

Great story in Athletic from Baggs on Casali. He was using Yaz bat which he altered for grip slightly, and also credits Posey a lot for advice and all the communication that exists btw them. And of course happy to contribute in any way he can.

• unca_chuck said, on June 18, 2021 at 9:36 am

So are we.

• Winder said, on June 18, 2021 at 9:46 am

That was a good story. They also had a fantastic article on Trey Lance and his father. I wish i kneo how to copy all that and post it.

14. snarkk said, on June 19, 2021 at 12:15 pm

If it’s Wade vs. the Dick in terms of who stays, I’m with Wade…