Steve Sax

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on July 28, 2021

I went to youtube to try to find some vid clips of Sax and his yippy throws but there wasn’t anything obviously available. That surprises me, that’s a name that, to me, will always be crystal clearly associated with terrible throws.

And now you can add another Dodger to that list.

How many balls does one throw in a lifetime? Just a regular person like yourself. Have I thrown 25,000 balls in my life (baseball, softball, whiffle)? I would say easily. And never in my life have I thrown a ball that was as off line as Belly’s wayward throw last night. I don’t buy that he didn’t have it gripped properly. You know what you do if you don’t have a ball gripped properly and you’re not an idiot? You don’t throw it. Sweat on it? Maybe that was it and it just slipped out of his hand.

Or maybe he’s got a little Sax in him?

Wonderful, cheapo win last night that was certain to send their fanbase into the deepest of doldrums……

1. gianthead said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:55 am

I love it…looks like he simply had no idea what he is doing playing the position…LMAO…let’s take the gane tonight and maybe trade winds for Bryant blowing. Not giving up Bart for him and would hesitate on a Bryant-Kimbrell combo. The prospect for Bryant starts with Bishop and ends with maybe lower level 2nd pick. I’d send them our #1 pick from MS State from this draft and couple other lower mid-tier for Kimbrell.

2. gianthead said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:01 am

I really dont like the idea about dealing Bart unless there was some play for Scherzer and Turner (I can deal with the covid positive test – should not be a deal killer), Bart really should be Buster’s backup with 2-3 starts a week and Buster should probably start a game a week at first. Should be a good test to see if Bart can transition as the starter for 2023.

I would think they just exercise Buster’s one year option, but could see them extending by a year if he then takes a lower salary next. 2 years at $15-$17.5 per?

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:38 am

I think they tear-up the option and offer Buster a two-year deal with an option, or at least a two year deal. Buster has said many times he wants to retire a Giant. The latest is the Giants are not willing to deal Bart in a Bryant trade.

3. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:32 am

Sometimes is pays to be lucky and have the baseball gods smile upon you. Last night the Giants got both.

Big game against our hated rivals…I will take it any way we can get it…all day, every day, and twice on Sunday. Thanks, Belly…

4. zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:34 am

When you watch a replay of the throw focus completely on Muncy. He sort of gets in Bellinger’s way a bit. It may have contributed to the bad throw.

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:15 am

i think you’re correct. And great call by Flemm: “and Bellinger throws it SO HIGH!!!!!!”

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:07 am

From my 10:50 last night:
      I saw the same thing on MLB highlights a while ago, and thought the same thing. Muncy definitely causes Bellinger to funk up that throw; he ran about 10 feet in front of Belli after chasing back Yaz towards first. Thank Muncy for the winning run…

5. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:35 am

Latest (not sure it was shared last night – I was in and out of the posting mix) is that the Giants say no bueno to a deal for Bryant that includes Bart.

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:16 am

that is a terrible decision on their part

6. djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:19 am

This sounds like the Giants usual ploy (in recent years) of offering just enough to get outbid by another team.
    With guys like Stanton, Bauer and Harper, it’s been a blessing…

7. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:23 am

The worst thing about Bellinger’s play is that it looked like he had an easy double play at second base. Poor decision. And Sax was a pretty good player outside of the yips and always seemed to be a thorn in the Giants’ side, like most Dogpile players of that era.

8. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:24 am

I’m sorry, if they can get Bryant, I say deal Bart in a heartbeat. I’m not sold on him, behind the plate or at the bat.

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:29 am

ABSOLUTELY! Bryant is a known difference maker. Fuck Bart, he could turn out to be shit and even if he turns out good I am all about making the team better now. Obviously I’d want to see a sign and trade or something that indicates he will sign an extension with us. Bart for a 2-3 month rental I’m not as interested in

9. djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:25 am

How crazy would it be here if Kotter’s stunning decision to let the righty pitch to Muncy hadn’t miraculously worked out?
    I still don’t believe it…

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:43 am

Bases loaded 1 out against Turner didn’t sound any better than pitching to Muncy. For whatever reason, RHers take better hacks against Rogers.

• djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:47 am

It did to me.
        You think 10 guys here wouldn’t have gone nuts if Muncy put one in the water?

10. Winder said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:29 am

That picture up top is worth a thousand words. With all the glitz and fanfare the LA fans and media put out for the Dodgers it’s good to see a dumb as fuck look on his face. That win was actually better than a walk off dinger.

11. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:35 am

Bryant has been the guy I want most. I would deal Bart in a minute ONLY if it included a “sign-and-trade” with Bryant inking a three year deal with an option year. For a rental rest of the year…no beuno.

12. djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:39 am

With the injured guys on schedule to return, I’d zero in on Marte…

13. James said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:39 am

Crawford, Longoria and Belt are all on track to come back in the next week or so. The Tauchman DFA may soon be upon us. Vosler is an easy choice. Who else goes, if they can’t trade anybody on the ML roster? Solano could play short for part of a game, but Estrada’s numbers are pretty compelling and we’re not that close to September yet. Maybe Wade hits the IL. I can’t imagine they’d shrink the bullpen.

• djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:42 am

Brebbia?

14. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:44 am

That’s the big hangup, him being a free agent after this season. As much as I don’t like Bart, trading him for what amounts to a rental wouldn’t be good. I like to think the Giants would be a team Bryant would be happy to play for, given that they’re clearly on the rise. As a RH batter, I think he’d tear Oracle up. His versatility in the field is also very appealing.

15. James said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:46 am

How far was Buster off of 3rd? “Posey baserunning error costs Giants potential lead, win.”

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:49 am

Of course, they almost certainly would have completed the DP in a run down.

16. Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:49 am

Wasn’t the great Sarge at that game? re-cap please.
    Also, happy birthday to one of my favorite players of all time and also my least favorite KNBR talk show host: Vida Blue turns 72 today

• djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:53 am

Before Fidrych, Fernando, Doc, etc, there was VIDA…

• djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:57 am

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:17 am

Yep. Sarge was definitely at the yard last night.

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:17 am

Laskey and Vida on that KNBR show were a train wreck.
      Now, Laskey alone on post game is just a car wreck…

17. sfsarge said, on July 28, 2021 at 8:54 am

What a game to be at! The park was jumping like a playoff game. Cheap win, but I’ll certainly take it.
    If we can get Bryant for Bart and he signs an extension, I’m all for it.

18. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:02 am

Baggs said on twitter last night : “I have it on good authority: Giants are backing off any trade proposal with the cubs in which they insist on Joey Bart.”

19. sfsarge said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:04 am

I would just like to add, )sorry if this isn’t allowed Craig, I’ll delete if necessary.) Take this delta variant seriously. Our hospital is filling up again and people are much sicker than before. I’m seeing people in their 30’s and 40’s holding on for dear life. So older people are really having a hard time with it. Please get the jab if you haven’t already. If you are just adamant about not getting it, maybe consider staying home. It’s getting ugly again.

• willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:07 am

good advice; you can only hope those without vaccine wake up. and congrats on seeing another Dodgers-Giants classic.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:20 am

Thanks for the info, Sarge. Much appreciated!

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:33 am

Good advice, sarge.
      That advice shouldn’t be considered political, and it really wasn’t before recent events. I can remember in the early ’60s eating that sugar cube polio vaccine in a line-up with my entire grammar school population of kids. Nobody I was aware of objected, it was welcomed ! Same thing all across the US then. To think dreaded polio was going to be eliminated as a health risk was incredible. Now, a certain group of deranged, malign liars in this country have hijacked what is a public health issue for political purposes and to make money off of it — making money off sickened and dying people. The whole movement or whatever you want to call it disgusts me, particularly since my wife’s Mother died of Covid. This part of America is unrecognizable to me, I have stopped trying to understand it; I despise it, and the weasels who lead it…

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm

Thank you for the words, brother. I got vaccinated months ago, and if I need a booster, I’ll be one of the first in line. Glad you brought us a win last night. We must meet at a game and knock back a cold one or two.

• sfsarge said, on July 28, 2021 at 4:15 pm

absolutely! we won’t talk about the last game I went to before this. that was when they got smoked in the last series they played here and they lost that last game by like 10 runs

20. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:05 am

idk about Muncy being in Bellinger’s way. I think he was moving out of the way to clear room for throw to 2b.

Kap said he asked Rogers what he wanted to do, and was OK with pitching to Muncy instead of adding baserunner to situation. Also said he told Rogers he had full confidence in him.
    Wade fouled ball off his leg, day to day.

21. zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:06 am

“For whatever reason, RHers take better hacks against Rogers.”

Probably the same for Jansen, and Romo, too. They have movement on their stuff that heads toward the meaty part of a righthander’s bat, and toward the handle of the lefthander’s bat.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:09 am

I’m guessing Mariano Rivera was way tougher on lefthanders.
      They are unique pitchers whose stuff goes opposite the usual batting splits.

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:17 am

I think Romo had his challenges with LHers.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:19 am

Of course, they have more than one pitch. I just mean their signature pitch. They have to locate that pitch well to righties. They have less room for error with righties.

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:15 am

True for the slider, but the fastball tails. Could be the angle is more difficult for LHers to gauge, too.

• willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:39 am

think James is right about Romo. Vs. RHs the no dot slider tailed away from them; one season he was dang near unhittable by RHs. Couldn’t seem to locate same way vs. LHs and they hit him much better.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:47 am

I think with Romo it just stuck in the memory if he hung the slider to a righty and it got crushed. Same with Rogers. His numbers are good against righties, but it never feels comfortable watching it.

22. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:17 am

Giants remain undefeated in the “orange” unis.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:06 am

4-0!

23. djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:28 am

We’re always second guessing managerial decisions that backfire.
    Pitching to Muncy in that situation was pure insanity that happened to work out.
    Kotter would’ve been crucified here and everywhere else if it hadn’t…

• sfsarge said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:29 am

I was telling my girls that pitching ti him there was a huge mistake and that those are the situations where he’s killed us over and over. Glad it worked out.

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:00 am

Agree. We got lucky there and in general with the win. Hope you had a good time at the yard, Del. And hope to see you here more frequently, too.

24. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:31 am

I’m all in on Bryant only if he’s signs an extension.But I’ve also heard he is more then willing to go back to the Cubs, so Z and I think the key guy is Harris who has the past ties with the Cubs and GM Hoyer which should help the Giants in not only the trade but an extension..

So much for team chemistry in Seattle after their idiotic GM Jerry DePitio (sp) traded 2 good relievers in Graveman and Montero and didn’t even tell the players who found out on social media.Then The clubhouse got trashed by bats tossed, broken shit,main culprit might have been Seager and a few.Seager who’s the longest tenure Mariner has been pleading to upgrade for years going thru shit years.This freaking guy is like Major Leagues owner and will do anything to keep this team from winning.
    Don’t even rule out Mitch Haniger still who has a cheap contract ( Mariners lowballed him at 3 mil)who’s not a FA till after 2022 are even Seager who just wants to be a part of a winning organization which clearly Seattle with the longest losing streak of not making the playoffs at 19 freaking years will face plant again…

25. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:41 am

Have to look it up, but I do believe Giants have had much very recent success vs. Muncy. Think he is only 2-14 against them…so they must have figured something out.

• willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 9:44 am

including last night 2-11 with a walk, covering last 2 in LA; will look up 2 before that in Latrine.

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:02 am

I believe he was absolutely killing us earlier in the year. In that four game series where they swept us, I think Munch did a lot of damage.

26. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:12 am

Yes Muncy had been killing them but…homered in first game in LA, after that next 3 games 2-10.
    Counting last night, 3-14. Kapler asked Rogers what he wanted to do, then said he was OK with pitching to him.

Looks like RH bats came through–Slater Posey, and Ruf with one of defensive plays of the night. Did see post elsewhere about Estrada penchant for ground balls, but he had line drive single on hanger from Urias as well.
    And of course, pen came through too including Garcia, after strong outing from SP Webb.

27. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:27 am

Lots of players end up with the “Yips” from Sax and Knoblauch to Ainkel &Blass they just get this mental block throwing a baseball it’s crazy!
    One of my favorites( sad though) was when the Giants had Catcher Mickey Sasser in 87?
    My buddies and I would all go to the stick early to watch batting practice and to see some infield throwing around.
    We could only crackup with bewildered faces saying,geez,this Sasser kid stinks! He could not throw a ball back to the pitcher, they literally had like 4 infielders around the mound and he could throw after his double hitch to boot to one of them easier then the pitcher lol 😂.Throw to 2nd forget about no way.Even the coaches I heard at side bets if he could connect a throw to the pitcher.They got rid of him quickly knowing he would be no help, went on to the Mets I believe and worked out some of his issues, but was always on a lowlight reel cause of his yips..

28. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:30 am

Dumb play by Bellyboy. He has Yaz out at 2nd easily if he just throws to 2nd. May have gotten Posey, but maybe not. He wasn’t that far away from 3rd.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:58 am

I think that explains Muncy cutting across the grass in front of Bellinger; Muncy clearly thought Bellinger was going to throw to second.

• unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:29 am

Yep. Muncy was moving out of the way of the throw to 2nd.

29. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:33 am

Last time McGee gave up earned run was May 30.
    Since then, 18 2/3 innings 8 hits 2 BBs 16 Ks. 0 earned runs.

• unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:36 am

don’t jinx it!

• willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:14 am

ha yeah. almost prefaced post with “not trying to hex him.” saw someone say this last night, that he hadn’t given up earned run since May 30, on another blog so I looked it up on B/R.

30. snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 10:44 am

Last night’s game reminded me again of the 2010 team.
    That team played tons of close games (torture), and almost always let the other team make the mistake(s) that turned the tide in the Giants favor. The regular season full of that forged the Gyros same steely approach in the post season, where they rarely flinched or made the killer mistake under pressure, leaving it to the opposition to do that…

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:01 am

The Giants had a way of doing that throughout the 3-in-5. I remember in particular the Cards losing a playoff game to the Giants when a pitcher threw a ball away on a throw to first.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:09 am

There was a great quote on a Dodger blog regarding that, during the 3-in-5; it’s my favorite quote ever from a Dodger blog. A frustrated Dodger fan at wit’s end about how the Giants won a playoff game when the opponent threw the ball away, posted:
        “Teams are intimidated by the Giants’ mere existence.”

• unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:24 am

A Blanco bunt iirc.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:19 pm

Yes, that sounds right.

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:58 pm

Great analogy and I have felt the same way multiple times this year, and certainly after last night’s game. As I said last night, sometimes it’s good to be lucky and to have the baseball gods smile down upon your club.

31. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:21 am

Givens to Reds.

Marte to the A’s.

Latest on Scherzer on possible landing spots:

– bums: 33%
    – Giants: 30%
    – Red Sox: 15%
    – friars: 12%
    – Rays: 6%
    – Stros: 4%

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:48 pm

Good on Marte.
      I’d rather see Ramos up than Marte over…

32. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:21 am

Giants are second in baseball in fielding percentage just a tick behind the Trashstros (41 errors)with only 44 errors in 100 games, fielding pct of .988 I believe,another key to there success! They don’t take themselves out of games with silly stupid errors!
    The Dogpile rank 23rd with 63 errors and the Maxipads 25th with 65 errors both a huge difference between the Giants.And there clumsiness can only continue to benefit the Giants going forward!

I remember in ST that Kapler got on his team for making silly errors and that needed to be cleaned up.Well the team to it to heart and did just that as they have played overall stellar defense from the start…
    This team does so many things right, Kapler and this coaching staff deserves a ton of the credit being prepared every single game..

33. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:23 am

It is kinda crazy to compare when you see the guys that made so many contributions in 2010. Castoffs like Renteria, Uribe, Ross, Burrell, and Huff all came in and played well.

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:55 pm

Wade, Duggar, Vosler, Estrada, Garcia, Rogers, McGoo, Jackson, Ruf, Flores are all contributors who seem somewhat similar in pedigree as 2010 Misfits.
      (I’m not including Slater and Tauchman) …

34. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:23 am

I don’t want us to give up a log for Scherzer (37 YO, scratched from last start with triceps tightness, he would be a rental), but I sure as fuck don’t want to see the bums get him, either. Fuuuucccckkkk….

• unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:25 am

He’s Jason Schmidt 2.0. The Dodgers Jason Schmidt. Not the Giants Jason Schmidt. No way no how do I want us to give up anything for Scherzer. He can join Kershaw on the IL for the rest of the year.

• alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:08 pm

I don’t see that happening.Scherzer is a outliner of durability throughout his stellar career.He takes tremendous pride in keeping his body healthy.The Giants are in the best position over the Bums&Pads with there luxury tax to take on Scherzer.Who wouldn’t want 2 Aces Scherzer&Gausman along with a dependable T-Bone to lead them into the playoffs?

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:58 pm

A big no on Scherzer.
      Anybody that can hit .235, .290 OBP, and a K rate of 25% with an HR now and then as a RHB OFer would be an improvement over Tauchman…

35. Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 11:30 am

in all the hoopla from last night I just remembered that I made a pact with myself to not bash McGee for the rest of the season……ok, so giddyup, I’m all in on this fuck

• alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Lol 😂 Doesn’t mean you can’t bash Tauchman like the rest of us!

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:27 pm

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:10 pm

LMAO…atta boy…way to own up to it…

I was pretty amazed by McGee’s numbers post May 30th that WilleD shared.

36. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:15 pm

Lol even the Marlins couldn’t out cheap the A’s.
    They had to pickup the remaining of Marte’s owed money to complete the deal.
    Your actually getting a free rental the rest of the year.
    Luzardo though young and showed flashes of being good really struggled and had to be shipped out and was getting lit up in Vegas.Maybe turns it around are maybe he will remain a bust.Either way a good move by Oakland imo..

37. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:17 pm

The entire Giants’ pen has been good for a couple of months now, quite the turnaround from the start of the season. Garcia has been really solid of late. Kudos to Kapler and Zaidi for being patient and sticking with them. I’d still like to see a lockdown closer, but it probably won’t happen.

As for fat boy Muncy, he has 8 homers against the Giants this year. EIGHT. He was bound to come down to earth at some point.

38. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Hey Flav, going to the Goose later today. Around 4:30ish. You around?

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:52 pm

highly unlikely I’m back by then, I’m north today. I got a shitload to take care of before I leave for Reno tomrrow. How late will you be there?

39. zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Ah, we just have to chuckle that the Giants are 4-0 in those “City Connect” ice cream truck uniforms.

40. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Prolly not too long. Early dinner and a couple beers with my daughter.

41. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:08 pm

Wow. Sad day. Dusty Hill of ZZ Top died today. Saw them a few times. A show at the Oakland Auditorium was the loudest show I’ve ever been to.

• zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:20 pm

Sad news, and the band was kind of part of things on the Flap this season in an affectionate way.

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:28 pm

Muy no bueno.
      Been with the band 52 years, per media reports.
      RIP…

• alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:05 pm

That’s terrible news Dusty Hill was a legend! RIP brother!
      Yeah saw them too a few times too and yes extremely loud show!
      Second maybe to me though to Ted Nugent at the Cow Palace which hit decibels as high as a airline plane taking off.I was up close at that show and it took 2-3 days for my ears to stop ringing.Well worth the pain I guess, the show was awesome just like a ZZ Top concert!

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Saw them in Texas when they released Rio Grande Mud. They truly were that Little ‘Ol Band From Texas” then as few knew who they were. Last show I saw was Cow Palace…’83 I think. Fuzzy guitars…I think they had just release Eliminator. Always a great show, and yes, LOUD AS FUCK. Classic three-piece rock band.

42. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:21 pm

Niners sign Trey Lance to his 4 year $34 mill rookie deal.

43. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Matt Chapman 3 run HR off Snell, A’s up 4-0 after top of first.

44. Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Chuck, does she live/work over here now? I’ll try to make it

45. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:54 pm

Yes. She lives on Waverly now. 2 blocks from University. Her office is like 3 blocks away.
    Great location.

• Winder said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:01 pm

Those are old stomping grounds for me.

46. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Dusty having fun. This was my anthem in high school.

• Winder said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:04 pm

1980 was the last time I saw em. RIP Dusty

47. willedav said, on July 28, 2021 at 2:23 pm

6-0 A’s top 4.

48. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:05 pm

Make it 7-0 A’s behind Chapman and Cahna (sp) paving the way.. Along with their pitcher who has something special going on..

49. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Fuck, I hadn’t heard that! I love ZZ Top, seen them multiple times. That fucking sucks. RIP, Dusty. Damn, the end of an era.

50. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Since we’re on the topic, Guns and Roses is still the loudest show I ever saw, absolutely ear-splitting. That show is what prompted me to start bringing ear plugs to concerts, just in case. Sill do to this day. It was the Use Your Illusion tour. Skid Row opened for them and they were damn loud too, but nowhere near GNR. So loud it was hard to discern the songs, almost like white noise.

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:43 pm

I had the same experience with Aerosmith in 75 at the Cow Palace. It was thoroughly unenjoyable.

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 4:54 pm

imagine how many groupies the band fucked that night. Dozens.

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:28 pm

I was 16, just gotten my driver’s license. I went with one of the coolest, best looking chicks in my class, and she even took AP courses! We had a friendship, and she actually read my music column for the school newspaper. I also had access to my parent’s Plymouth Gold Duster and was a goodie two shoes kid. What Steve and Joe enjoyed that night I would probably have sacrificed the rest of my existence for. But they still sounded fucking terrible.

51. zumiee said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Neil Young and Crazy Horse can be very very loud.
    And Bob Mould of Husker Du at the Fillmore was loud beyond belief.
    But the loudest I ever went to was a Cheap Trick concert. So loud, that me and my group of friends went outside the venue and listened to the rest of the concert while standing on the sidewalk. And it could be heard perfectly well on the sidewalk!

52. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:39 pm

10-0 A’s now as the Padres throw the ball around for 2 errors adding 3 more runs as Tatis jr with another error number 20 leads all mlb players easily..

53. chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:43 pm

BEAT LA!

1. M. Yastrzemski (L) RF
    2. Buster Posey (R) C
    3. Alex Dickerson (L) LF
    4. Wilmer Flores (R) 2B
    5. Steven Duggar (L) CF
    6. Darin Ruf (R) 1B
    7. Jason Vosler (L) 3B
    8. Thairo Estrada (R) SS
    9. A. DeSclafani (R) P

• djloo27 said, on July 28, 2021 at 4:07 pm

Grave Duggar in the 5 hole?
      That could be a first…

• chipower9 said, on July 28, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Agree Loo.

• Macdog said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:05 pm

This will be the fourth time Duggar has batted 5th, all starts. The last time was June 11.

54. Lurker John said, on July 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm

One thing the Padres do not have is a good defense. That shit can bite any team in the ass. It still seems like defense in baseball is undervalued. The 3 in 5 crew proved that idea wrong.

55. Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:02 pm

James’ jizziest jizz dream Joey Gallo just got traded. But not to us. NY

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:14 pm

He’s become a little less of a freak show, but he still serves his purpose.

56. Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Nestor Cortez reminds me of a slightly skinnier Al Holland. Loo/Mac are you feelin’ that?

• Macdog said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:24 pm

I’m watching the Mets, haha.

• Macdog said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:36 pm

Ok, I watched him get a strikeout. Ha, that’s a pretty good comparison.

57. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:17 pm

Where’s u at flav?

58. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:18 pm

Sitting in the back at the Goose

• Flavor said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:56 pm

i’m not even close dude, I’m just leaving SF now….

59. snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 5:49 pm

I would not be surprised if Farhan would include Jaylin Davis in a trade deal upcoming, as I think the Giants don’t think much of him. He’s the kind of guy that’s a throw in for benefit of a team giving up a pretty good player, so that team can claim they’re getting some bodies with potential in the deal…

• unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:41 pm

Nobody wants Davis. He’s worth less than Belt

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:45 pm

He’d just be a throw in…

• alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Hey boys u ripping my guy Jaylin Davis?
      He still has one last final stand like Custer! Oh wait that didn’t turn out well oops 😬
      Still could produce better then Slater,Dick and for sure Useless Tauchman? Again why is this chump still taking up a valuable roster spot????

60. Macdog said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:03 pm

Tigers beat the Twins 17-14 today. The Twins hit 7 home runs. The Tigers had zero HRs. Hooray for small ball!

• James said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:20 pm

The league hit to K ratio just improved, too! 31 hits to 14 Ks — America’s Past Time is Saved, Hallelujah!

• snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Looks like that spin rate must be down…

61. snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:13 pm

Joey Gallo from TX to Yanks in exchange for a boatload of Yanks’ (non top 10) prospects…

62. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:40 pm

Oh well. Had to get back to the doggie

63. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm

That’s the kind of shot I do t want to see us do.

64. James said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:03 pm

Maybe we can trade Tauchman for Bellinger.

65. snarkk said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:07 pm

Infielder Eduardo Escobar from DBacks to Brewers for two prospects
    The contenders are making their moves…

66. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Time for Duggar to rise from the grave!

67. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:27 pm

DeScaffolding is having a weird inning. He looks locked in till he don’t

68. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:30 pm

Damm cheap ass hit by Turner!
    Yeah T-Bone is grinding, needs a DP ball from Smith..

69. James said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:31 pm

Because Taylor took a pitch too close to take, SF’s chances of winning this game have slimmed a bit.

70. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:33 pm

Goddam that’s not the DO I was looking for!
    2 run triple and high pitch count, could be a quick night for T-Bone Disco

71. Macdog said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:36 pm

DeScuffling.

72. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Gonna be tough to get 4 off Beuler

73. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:45 pm

or 5

74. alleykat69 said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Damm sucks he couldn’t finish out the inning, but right move,put a fork in him he was dried up like the Turkey in Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation..

75. unca_chuck said, on July 28, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Gonna hqve to make this a pen gqme for them somehow.