A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

This Is Not A Death Blow

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 28, 2021

I’ve let the dust settle on this Belt news and I’m not as bummed as when I originally heard about the thumb break. For one thing, I’ve never liked Belt. Constantly injured, obsessed with his version of the strike zone, he’s always been one of my least favorite. I couldn’t understand how a man that strapping could be so timid in the box. But this year, for whatever reason, he’s removed the shackles and swung away—with exciting results.

Ironically, trying to bunt led to his demise. One more reason to not sweat this: he’s the streakiest hitter on the team. We were likely in for a dry spell at the worst possible time. His loss weakens us to be sure, especially defensively. But I’m not throwing myself off the Golden Gate at this news. Speaking of that way to take yourself out, does that make any sense at all? I’m sure many of you have looked down to those icy waters below–a more grim, terrifying death I couldn’t imagine.

1. djloo27 said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:28 pm

2. snarkk said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:29 pm

There’s the win. Ooooogly win, but we’ll take it.
    Another middle finger win towards LA…

3. alleykat69 said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:30 pm

Ok got him on a knuckle ball that works!! 1st of many career saves I hope!
    Fuck you LA down to 4 mother fuckers!!

• Macdog said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Yes, congrats to Doval!

• djloo27 said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:51 pm

4. snarkk said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Our Flapper crew at the game came through !
    Good going guys — Chi and Irish Kev …

5. xoot said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Giants want to win six. Their version of, or replacement for, a monte carlo simulation software told them to let Rogers go beyond three hitters and to try to finish the 8th. That’s the way it works now. Kapler isn’t pigheaded. That’s not the way it works now.

Doval’s hanging sliders are a problem; his good sliders are terrific; and his FB, when he can put it on the black, is a great pitch. Still, I bet the AI monte carlo software says, use McGee.

• djloo27 said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Yeah, some of those fastballs were “center cut”…

6. snarkk said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:36 pm

103 wins now.
    Incredible from where this team was expected to finish.
    Ties the great ripped-off 1993 team.
    They should just go ahead and win out to 108…

7. zumiee said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:43 pm

The Padres are under .500 now, 25 games behind the Giants.

8. alleykat69 said, on September 28, 2021 at 10:52 pm

And the D-Backs 53 games back as the Giants are 15-2 against these chumps!
    Yeah win out and they could be 108-54 ..54 over .500 incredible!!