A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Who Will We Play?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 6, 2021

Normally, I’d say a team with 106 wins is very likely to win their play-in game. But don’t understimate the emotional drag this epic lost division will have on Roberts and his band of baby blue idiots. They also don’t have Muncy. And Adam Wainwright, goddamn, at 40 years old is doing things we used to see old pitchers in the steroid era do. The Cardinals are the hottest team in baseball and they have an excellent chance of knocking off the Dodgers tonight despite the rather lopsided career at bats vs each pitcher.

1. snarkk said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:09 pm

Not a good spot to be in if you’re the Cards.
    One big swing and the season is done.
    No Tauchmann in left, either…

2. Irish Kevin said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:15 pm

The longer this games goes the more pitchers each team will use, I would think that would favor the Giants

3. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:20 pm

Cards have advantage with more bullpen arms if it goes deep into extras.Bums I guess could stretch out Ur Anus..

• zumiee said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Whoever named that planet did an epic fail.

4. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Quote from Kapler about Webb starting game 1: “I think Webby’s body is just bouncing back really, really well,” Kapler said. “I think at this stage, I think it’s always good when we can get Gaus an additional day… I think overall, recovery is what we’re thinking about.” Five times, he “thinks” and he’s “thinking”. Let it never be said that Kotter isn’t a thinking man’s man.

5. Macdog said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Bring on the Bums.

6. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:26 pm

Bring on the Dogpile it was meant to be!!

7. djloo27 said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:27 pm

8. snarkk said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:28 pm

As predicted.
    NEVER go into bottom 9 at the Latrine tied up or up just 1 ahead…

9. zumiee said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:29 pm

The lefty reliever wimped out and walked Bellinger and left it to his teammate to take the loss.

10. gianthead said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:32 pm

BRING ON THE FUCKHEADS!!!

• Pawlie Kokonuts said, on October 7, 2021 at 1:05 pm

yessiree

11. zumiee said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:32 pm

And we’re left wondering how this blindly hacking Cards team won 17 straight.

• Pawlie Kokonuts said, on October 7, 2021 at 1:06 pm

as I felt days ago, they blew their load early; ejaculatio praeCards

12. gianthead said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:37 pm

The quote by Kapler about giving Gausman an extra day of rest makes me a little nervous but I am staying positive!!!

13. alleykat69 said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:39 pm

Can safely say that the original closer Reyes will not get that job back next year.That pitch had crush me written all over it and it was Taylor Made for Chris..

14. chipower9 said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:48 pm

Bring on the bums. Modern era history…should be a classic!

15. mrsprtdude said, on October 6, 2021 at 9:51 pm

Hope you all are happy:)

A lefty walking useless Bellinger is inexcusable. I’m with Webb. Kap is right. Not just about game one but game 5. KG has been great, but tired. If he goes 5-6 high stress innings will he be super sharp in a game 5?
    If we win in 4 then Web and GK go 1-2 in NLCS

16. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 6, 2021 at 10:07 pm

I don’t know. Can’t shake the sense that losing to LA in the NLDS would bring a feeling of despair far greater than beating LA in the NLDS would bring joy…. Posting for a friend.

But hey, after what we witnessed in the regular season, I’m going to try to not worry about that…

17. unca_chuck said, on October 6, 2021 at 10:53 pm

Yeah when he walked bellinger I had a bad feeling. My son said “this is over, Taylor’s hitting a bomb” and 2
    Seconds later …

• Pawlie Kokonuts said, on October 7, 2021 at 1:07 pm

does your son give lotto picks?