A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

And Then There Were Two

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on October 26, 2021

PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 25, 2021 at 6:10 pm(Edit)

So, some here like Houston to win just because of Dusty, others like the Braves to win mostly because of the cheating. How about baseball related? Which team do you like to watch as a good fun baseball team full of good fun players?

….great question.

Freddie Freeman is impossible not to love especially after you see the the story about his mom passing. I’m not going to dig up the link but find it and watch, it’s very moving. He also rakes.

It seemed like every time I played Ozzie Albies or Austin Riley in DFS they’d hit a bomb. So they’re always welcome on Team Flavor. And Adam Duvall, what can you say? We gave up on him too early. Unless you are President of the Mike Leake fan club. Somewhere BassBaldy is sipping a cold one and nodding confidently, ‘Fuck you Big Flavor, I told you so…”

Atlanta also has TFLR Will Smith who it seems pitched for us decades ago…..

I hate all the Astros including that runt Altuve and those defiant bastards Correa and Bregman. I do have a premonition that Maldonado is going to hit some important bombs in this series. He’s such a terrible hitter but he could turn out to be an important piece for them right now when it matters the most.

1. Giant Head said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:01 am

Got to love Freeman and Riley is an emerging superstar!!! Don’t know this pearl necklace back story for Pederson but seems frickin stupid so Go Dusty!!!

2. Giant Head said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:15 am

Oh and forgot to tell this story to the Flap but Curb being back on air reminded me especially for Dawg. So when was in LA couple weeks ago for that wedding at Riviera but could not join a group of friends for a round there the day before the wedding. Well while that group was out on the course they saw Larry David playing.

3. Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 7:32 am

this is not a surprise. I bet this coaching staff added 20+ wins to the 2021 Giants

4. chipower9 said, on October 26, 2021 at 7:33 am

Yeah, there are probably a hundred ways to slice-and-dice the teams regarding for whom to root. Again, no dog in the fight, and while a NL guy through-and-through, I am pulling for Johnnie B.

5. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on October 26, 2021 at 8:07 am

Side note to Bozo and James from yesterday (and WillieD before that): Despite one comment I made after the game 5 loss, I too really enjoyed the good baseball and fun players during the regular season. I might have been a bit harsh in implying in that comment that losing to LA diminished the accomplishments of the season. Honestly, the Giants got me through 4 really difficult months of Covid lockdown and curfew. So, yeah. I still would like to see more “regular starters” among position players next year, thinking that too large a cast of semi-platoon players isn’t sustainable to win it all. But a little mea culpa here if I sounded too unappreciative of a great season.

• Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 9:26 am

i can’t imagine what you’re life’s been like. We were stuck in our homes for like 10 months or so but not really the way you were. And you have been locked up for what? Like 2 years straight?

• unca_chuck said, on October 26, 2021 at 11:05 am

I think there was about 4-6 months of break between the 2 lockdowns. But I defer to Paul.

• Bozo said, on October 26, 2021 at 11:28 am

Paul, no worries here, I don’t even remember seeing that post and I probably would have agreed with it if I had. I was so pissed off, that I really tried to avoid baseball talk for a couple of days after the loss. Man, was I hungover the next day, good thing I was in New Orleans to nurse that loss.
      Again, no worries, I was just goofing on ya yesterday. Cheers buddy.

6. unca_chuck said, on October 26, 2021 at 8:15 am

“It’s not jewelry he’s talkin’ bout. It really don’t cost that much.”

7. alleykat69 said, on October 26, 2021 at 9:27 am

Pearl Necklace I always think of June Cleaver who wore those pearls in every episode of Leave it to Beaver!
    Trivia..The reason she always wore them was to hide scaring around her throat..
    Then also maybe Ward insisted on a Pearl Necklace ejaculation with June in the bedroom?

• unca_chuck said, on October 26, 2021 at 11:48 am

June was shanghaied with a motorcycle chain when she was running with the Motor Maids.

8. Macdog said, on October 26, 2021 at 1:39 pm

If the Braves win, I guess Pablo gets another ring!

• unca_chuck said, on October 26, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Yep. And Adrianza, and TFLR, and Tromp, and Duvall.

• Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 2:19 pm

Tromp. Lol.

• Macdog said, on October 26, 2021 at 3:34 pm

Smyly and Vogt, too.

9. alleykat69 said, on October 26, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Kinda cool for bragging rights around the dinner table.
    Atlanta Braves manager Brian Snitker’s son Troy is the hitting coach of the Houston Astros
    so someone is guaranteed a W/S ring..

10. zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Duvall rocked a .190 batting average in the NLCS, and a .550 OPS. So I think he actually still has things to prove.

11. djloo27 said, on October 26, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Perhaps there’s a Big Flavor/Bass Baldy reconciliation in the near future.
    That would be nice.
    It’s not like anything terrible happened…

12. alleykat69 said, on October 26, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Didn’t Baldy end up In Bisbee Arizona?
    Could send out the Flap investigation team to track him down?

• zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Yeah, last we heard from him he was asking for advice on how to deal with scorpions. Sounds foreboding.

13. Bozo said, on October 26, 2021 at 5:19 pm

Braves getting it started early.

14. Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 5:49 pm

Duvall’s got nothing to *prove*. He hit 38 bombs this year, he’s got 151 for his career. Dude is proven, lol. He’s a legit major league player. Christ he led the league in RBI’s this year, Zum what else does he need to prove to you?

15. Bozo said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:21 pm

Duvall sucked all over that shot.

16. Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:21 pm

and right on cue, a Duvall bomb….

• Macdog said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Adam bomb.

• Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:34 pm

you’re outstanding at those.

17. alleykat69 said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:36 pm

Peterson is such a prop player, without his stupid pearls he has nothing.Sorry Flavor I would be embarrassed to have to recognize this chump if I lived in Paly.Didn’t he even start that little (sp) move spin before he reaches 3rd on his agonizing HR trot? Dudes all about Props..

• Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 6:55 pm

are you kidding me? I fucking hate that guy. Yes he went to Paly as did I but that’s where my appreciation of him ends.

18. Flavor said, on October 26, 2021 at 7:22 pm

Morton has a broken leg. Man, if they win this game I honestly don’t see how you don’t root for this team that has endured some of the toughest losses to their most critical players

19. Bozo said, on October 26, 2021 at 7:25 pm

I don’t recall ever seeing betting odds on a baseball broadcast before.
    I’m sure Pete Rose sent an email to Manford about it, probably right after laying down $10 on Rosario to hit a HR.

20. zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 8:23 pm

I was just saying Duvall was terrible in the NLCS. He looked overmatched most of that series. If he has a good World Series, well, good for him.

21. zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 8:26 pm

I have the game on in the background, but I’m fully realizing I couldn’t care less who wins this World Series. The Dodgers ain’t in it, and that’s what matters.

22. zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Dodger fans are having a good time tonight:

Literally, why do we care what the Braves and Astros are doing? They can both go to hell.

Posted by sayroncey1967 on Oct 26, 2021 | 8:24 PM

suckle on rancid ass altuve
    fuck you, cheater fuck almost HOF until you cheated fuck

Posted by (Jack) on Oct 26, 2021 | 8:24 PM

RANCID ass!
    Posted by Catherine the Blue on Oct 26, 2021 | 8:25 PM

23. snarkk said, on October 26, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Bad start for Dusty, plus losing Morton…

24. zumiee said, on October 26, 2021 at 10:00 pm

It’s kind of amazing the amount of excruciating playoff losses for Dusty.