A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Happy New Year Flap Nation!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on January 1, 2022

My twitter account has been suspended because I told John Hinckley Jr. that he should take the guitar he was playing and bash himself in the head with it. The Twitter Lord didn’t find that as amusing as I did. So, the year’s off to a bad start. Although knowing I irritated Hinckley enough to report me, I dunno, there’s a win in there somewhere….

Excited for the Niner game tomorrow. If you can’t beat Houston you don’t belong in the playoffs. And I’m really interested in seeing Lance’s development. That’s what he’s been doing all these months, right? I guess we’ll see….

1. willedav said, on January 1, 2022 at 7:05 am

Flav, were you watching Santa Anita yesterday? I think it was second race, Maidens on dirt (some turf races scheduled for today) and rider leading race at sixteenth pole by couple lengths and headed for wire got unseated and fell, Emily Ellingwood. Fortunately horse behind her mount avoided her and apparently everyone is OK. At time no one there could figure out what happened and they didn’t replay it.

• Flavor said, on January 1, 2022 at 7:34 am

yeah I watched it. I actually had the 3 horse in my p4 so I kinda lucked into that. The horse appeared to get spooked by a shadow on the dirt. I’m surprised that doesn’t happen more often actually.

2. alleykat69 said, on January 1, 2022 at 9:01 am

Another legendary Football ball has passed away!
    Dan Reeves dead at 77 RIP Dan and condolences to your family..

• unca_chuck said, on January 1, 2022 at 1:27 pm

The guy who shackled John Elway. Lost a couple super bowls doing that.

3. djloo27 said, on January 1, 2022 at 10:26 am

• Winder said, on January 1, 2022 at 11:03 am

I wish football looked like that again. I know the game is faster now but IMO it’s not better.

• willedav said, on January 1, 2022 at 10:14 pm

Ray Scott calling Ice Bowl?

4. alleykat69 said, on January 1, 2022 at 11:12 am

Agree Winder…Players back in the 60’s 70’s etc played with passion and such ferocious hitting knocking off helmets and destroying QB’s with fury! Not about today’s players with huge contracts whining.Those player back then played for the love of the game..Hell many even had 2nd jobs in the off-season, that will never happen again..

5. willedav said, on January 1, 2022 at 1:01 pm

Bill Buckner running in 3rd race at Santa Anita.
    Didn’t realize that Buckner the baseball player had died 2 years ago at age 70. Played for 20 years in ML, born in Vallejo went to Napa HS.

6. willedav said, on January 1, 2022 at 1:31 pm

Old HS buddy of mine sent a HNY note from “…chilly Bend (8 degrees as of 8 AM)…” yikes.
    He sent one from Christmas when it was snowing. What’s elevation there?

7. Winder said, on January 1, 2022 at 1:37 pm

I get 3,623.

• willedav said, on January 1, 2022 at 2:50 pm

thanks I guess it makes sense they’d get winter snow during storm.

• Winder said, on January 1, 2022 at 5:12 pm

It snowed like crazy here the day after Christmas but in Bend they get it all the time during winter.

8. Flavor said, on January 1, 2022 at 7:45 pm

i’m with Barrows here. Games like tomorrow happen like every ten years, maybe.

• willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 8:52 am

If you follow through that thread there’s a cool Ric Flair “whooo” pic.
      Hope team rallies around Lance and plays a good 60 minutes. Regardless of arm strength or mobility, hope he can be accurate and make good decisions under pressure and running game takes some of pressure off.

• unca_chuck said, on January 2, 2022 at 12:08 pm

Seeing as the Texans defense ranks 30th against the run, I think we see a lot of runs. Mitchell is gonna play as well so we may hand the ball off 35+ times if they don’t load the box against it.

9. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 12:56 pm

Wow fingertip tackle negates Raiders TD inside final minute. But LV at 17 yd line for GW FG

10. unca_chuck said, on January 2, 2022 at 1:25 pm

This is exactly what i didn’t want to see. Fuck Shamahan.

• Bozo said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:00 pm

All I have is the little sticks moving on a live update so I’m not able to see the game. Are you talking about the sack?

• willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:04 pm

Sack wasn’t his fault. Int was though. And now Mills and Texans actually moving the ball. So far best chance Niners have had to score was the ball DB Ambry Thomas dropped.

• Bozo said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Thanks Willie.

• Flavor said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:01 pm

“Shamahan” that’s a good one

11. Flavor said, on January 2, 2022 at 1:59 pm

We gave up 3 fucking first rd picks for this guy. I know he’s inexperienced but he should be showing us something in this gm.

12. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:09 pm

Wow Mills connects on 3rd down for TD. Biggest chance they’ve had and he comes through on that drive.

13. Giant Head said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:16 pm

These Niners and this coaching staff not inspiring a lot of confidence. Very depressing half.

14. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Nice pass there to Aiyuk, best one he’s thrown all day.

15. Giant Head said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:23 pm

I can go ahead and wait 10 more years to see this time of stinking half.

16. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:25 pm

Aiyuk bails Lance out there and Gould hits FG, on the board finally. Lance led scoring drive and completed some downfield throws, well done. Maybe he settles down and has better second half.

17. Flavor said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:32 pm

started seeing a LITTLE bit from him on that last drive. But man, three first round picks and nearly a full season of working with the coaches, I would really like to see more from this guy, even considering his inexperience.

18. Flavor said, on January 2, 2022 at 2:58 pm

that was a decent drive

• willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 3:10 pm

Yes exactly. converted 3rd and 4 for first down and flipped nice ball for TD. Previous rocket to Aiyuk for long gain was good solid throw too. Getting into the groove I think.

19. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 3:29 pm

And there we are. Perfect long ball after rollout and Samuel is in n for 6.

20. Irish Kevin said, on January 2, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Nice throw to Deebo, would not see that from JG

• Bozo said, on January 2, 2022 at 4:21 pm

Just saw the replay, that kid has a gun of an arm

• Winder said, on January 2, 2022 at 4:54 pm

I think Lance will be fine with a little more time under his belt.

• willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Definitely.

21. unca_chuck said, on January 2, 2022 at 6:04 pm

Lance learned a lot in this game. He was going through his progressions and bought time nicely on a few plays. Esp the deep ball to Deebo.. He needs a lot of reps, as is obvious, but this was encouraging.

22. unca_chuck said, on January 2, 2022 at 6:07 pm

I think fucking Shanahan aslo learned that that running read-option is stupid and won’t work.

They NEED to develop Lance as a pocket passer who can run, not a running back that can throw,

23. zumiee said, on January 2, 2022 at 6:46 pm

The Niners were the ones who got some breaks from the refs, for a change.

24. zumiee said, on January 2, 2022 at 7:12 pm

Sad anniversary: Gerry Marsden passed away last year on Jan. 3. I had forgotten that.

25. willedav said, on January 2, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Read story on phone about House of the Rising Sun.
    Recorded by traveling bluegrass musicians In Kentucky 1930s, long before Animals and Eric Burdon. The lyric “many a poor boy” often had girl used instead, and Joan Baez and other folkies had versions of it, including Bob Dylan.
    Eric Burdon claimed their hit, “turned Dylan into a rocker”, alluding to story that upon hearing their version on radio Dylan became incensed and smashed the hood of his car. Idk timeline of when Dylan did go electric, but Newport concert was in 1965, and Animals HRS came out in summer of 1964.

They were touring with Chuck Berry and used the song at end of their set to much applause and decided to record it which they did in one take, despite fact their manager Mickie Most was against it. Only organist Alan Price got arranging credit so he was only member of band to receive royalties; by 1965 he’d left the band entirely.

Not sure there actually ever was such a “House”, and if it did exist it likely was destroyed in a fire long ago.
    Dunno how factual any of this is, but always dug the tune and those first LPs by Burdon and the group.

• Winder said, on January 2, 2022 at 9:52 pm

Nina Simone did it in 1962. It’s a pretty good version

• unca_chuck said, on January 3, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Didn’t realize the Animals version came out so early. Eric Burdon is the coolest. His work with War was great.

26. mrsprtdude said, on January 2, 2022 at 10:47 pm

I listened Winder. Not bad but I like the Animals version better. Good to compare after that bad game. I hope Lance is better next Sunday. Have to assume NO will beat the Falcons. Cowboys chunking today didn’t help:(

27. Bozo said, on January 3, 2022 at 4:43 am

Doreen Ketchens does a great version. If you’re in New Orleans, she plays on Royal and St. Peter in the Quarter. She is an amazing clarinetist.