A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Kap Following Kap

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on May 28, 2022

Not too sure how I feel about Kap sitting out the National anthem for…..ever? I totally support his right to do this I just feel like this is going to get put more on the players than is necessary. They’re going to get asked about this in every town they’re in. It’s gonna get old. And why not go out there but take a knee like the first Kap who started all of this?

Nothing’s gonna change, it’s just some added press pressure for his players….

1. willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 8:44 am

Hopefully they get the lineup card right and go from there.

• xoot said, on May 28, 2022 at 12:54 pm

the meticulous crew of three dozen coaches is on it

2. Winder said, on May 28, 2022 at 9:14 am

Flavor- I agree it’s just another distraction that the media will never let go. I agree about Kap’s right to do this but as far as an organizational decision I don’t think he should have done it. Distractions are the same no matter where they come from.

3. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2022 at 9:18 am

100% agree that it will be a distraction. As a fan I support the protests if that what you want to do, but do it on your own time….

4. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 9:28 am

We’ve seen why Kap’s personality didn’t play well on the East Coast. Kap is best served being on the West Coast, and in the Bay Area, which accepts that kind of idealism, even if the rest of the nation sees it as wacky idealism sometimes.
    I like the Bay Area for that. There needs to be a place for that somewhere in the nation. I love Berkeley (although I still really miss Cody’s Books) and the other cities in the Bay Area.
    Kap wants to make sure the massacre in Texas isn’t forgotten quickly, and maybe politicians will someday do the right thing. I respect that.
    I share the concern that he made his protest open-ended that could literally last his whole career. I’m not sure how that’s going to go for him.
    It’ll be a distraction, but not more than a player getting into an altercation with an opposing player over Fantasy Football, which may be the stupidest MLB-related thing I’ve ever heard of. Pederson doesn’t make it easy to try to find him likable.

5. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 9:33 am

I saw somebody online make the great point that, if the police are afraid of AR-15’s, then the general public should not be allowed to have them.

6. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 9:43 am

As a practical issue, I wonder what Kap will do during the Anthem. Stand in the shadows of the dugout awkwardly, or sit on the bench, or stand in the tunnel for the song?

7. Flavor said, on May 28, 2022 at 11:02 am

Joc Pederson is a confirmed tool. I don’t believe his story for a second that Pham slapped him because of some fantasy football waiver wire dispute. That’s laughable.

• xoot said, on May 28, 2022 at 12:51 pm

Pham confirmed it in a tweet since taken down I think. Pham said he had too much money on the line to put up with confusion over a player moved to the IR, or something, and added, by way of helpful background, that he’s a big dog in Vegas. Wonder how much it would take to get the big dog to go oh for four one day.

• xoot said, on May 28, 2022 at 2:34 pm

three-game suspension is worth about -$140K to Pham. big dumb dog.

• unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:59 pm

From what I’ve heard these are $250k buy ins

8. Flavor said, on May 28, 2022 at 11:03 am

and if you recall, Kap didn’t say shit about his knee protest, he just started doing it. Our Kap announcing this to the media before he does it has a major “look at me” component to it.

• xoot said, on May 28, 2022 at 12:53 pm

as someone else (Bozo?) noted, Kap’s taking a break from the anthem for a very long time. I think he should come up to my seat and help me deal with the people who yell at me for not standing or doffing my hat.

• unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Jasper I know did it for 2 preseason games without telling anyone. He was asked why on the opening game iirc

9. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:48 pm

Flem & Javier think Longoria might already have HOF credentials.
    I hope they’re kidding…

10. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:50 pm

We may be old but we make up for it by being slow.

11. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:53 pm

There are times I can’t even watching this team. I feel like this is over already

12. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 1:54 pm

Fucking autocorrect

13. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 2:00 pm

Which Kap?! Oh Nevermind. Me Kotter announced ir

14. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 2:01 pm

I shouldn’t do this on my phime

15. willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 2:52 pm

Coming into today, Reds have given up most runs per game in NL, have highest team ERA (more than half a run higher than 2nd worst) and give up most HRs and BBs per game.
    and the Giants have 2 runs against them in 14 innings, one of which came in via HBP with bases loaded.

16. willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 2:54 pm

And there we go!

17. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm

Well, we are the antithesis of consistency so we get right vs the Mets and lose to the Reds

18. Macdog said, on May 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm

Only 3 more singles to go.

19. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2022 at 3:51 pm

Wow. We suck

22. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:12 pm

3 hits with risp scores 0

23. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:12 pm

Plus a sac fky

24. unca_chuck said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:13 pm

Jesus. Who the fuck is the 3rd base coach?

25. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:14 pm

Fuck

26. Macdog said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:45 pm

This must be payback for the ’12 playoff series.

27. mrsprtdude said, on May 28, 2022 at 4:48 pm

Just a question but we don’t have any pinch runners that aren’t 6′ 2″ and 238lb?

• willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 6:28 pm

Makes you wonder. Can’t believe Reds who are like 15-29 with awful pitching are holding offense down.

• willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 6:47 pm

According to cbs site, the 26 yr old CF Fairchild was still available. Him and Bart were Kap’s last 2 guys, so um yeah.

28. Flavor said, on May 28, 2022 at 5:07 pm

Bart really gave it his all there on that play at the plate, aye?

• willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 6:29 pm

Flemming talking about how fast he is, idk. Faster than Casali, OK. Otherwise…

• Macdog said, on May 28, 2022 at 6:37 pm

He runs just like BART: slow and late

• willedav said, on May 28, 2022 at 6:48 pm

oh the awesome Mac
        always on time with great one liner

29. Flavor said, on May 28, 2022 at 7:00 pm

nobody looks dumber than Joc. But the way he delivers all of this just has me LMAO. It’s all over the top hilarious.

30. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 7:48 pm

It wasn’t rocket science third base coaching to know that Bart was going to have no chance on that play. The ball was hit really hard right at the right fielder who was playing pretty shallow. Just an inexcusably bad job on that by the coach. Craw would have been the next batter, with the bases loaded. A third base coach needs to take all factors into consideration.

31. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 8:16 pm

In the Angels/Toronto game, a warm-up pitch bounced in the dirt and hit Suzuki possibly in the throat, or under the jaw. He was walked to the dugout, and then appeared to lose consciousness and had to be carried by several players. The TV broadcast cut away quickly. It’s a scary situation. Here’s hoping he’s OK.

32. zumiee said, on May 28, 2022 at 8:18 pm

A Duffy sighting in the game. Who would have predicted years ago that, on this date, Duffy’s career would still be going and Panik’s wouldn’t be?

33. djloo27 said, on May 28, 2022 at 10:20 pm

Copied and pasted…

James Worthy, the former North Carolina and Lakers’ star, is now 61. Last week, on the “Stoney & Jansen” show over Detroit’s 97.1 FM, Mike Stone and Jon Jansen, asked Worthy about the state of the NBA.

His answer was sagacious, even suggesting a common sense cure for what’s killing the NBA. But the fix is also pure fantasy as is it will never happen, Far too late. The toothpaste is out of the genie.

Worthy: “Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar, then Lew Alcindor] had four years with John Wooden. Michael Jordan and I had three years with Dean Smith. Isiah [Thomas] had some years [two] with Bobby Knight.

“So, you learned the fundamentals. Not only that, you learned how to live. You learned how to balance your freaking checkbook in college, there’s a lot of things.

“When you don’t get that, guys are coming to the NBA who are not fundamentally sound. All they do is practice 3s, lift weights, get tattoos, tweet and go on social media. That’s it.

“So you don’t have that sound player, you have an athletic player. And that’s what’s happening to the game. It’s a lot of isolation plays and looking for mismatches. Bill Russell told me one time that they had five options off of one play. You don’t see that anymore.”