A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

Another Come Back Win Plus Posey Sits….

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 23, 2010

How many come back wins do we have this year? 14? 15? It’s something crazy like that. “Crazy” when you compare it to the no-hope line ups from the last couple of years……
Buster sat and that’s fine with me. He’s not hitting anything hard, lots of ground balls—I doubt the brass would send him back down, he’s shown too much to go that route. Hey, he could have just needed an off day….
Pat the Bat *is* the bat we’ve all been wanting. His career has been sprinkled with long hitting droughts and I know Boch is NOT the manager to deal with that since his style is to let a hitter hit themselves out of a slump if it takes all year! Wait ’em out through THE NEXT year if he has too! Let’s just enjoy The Bat for what he is and what he’s doing. And again, the fact that Tampa Bay is picking up the tab for all this production is just awesome……

1. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I’d like to see Freddie Lew’s UGR. If that rating system has him at + again something is fishy.
    Speaking of fishy. Did I tell ya about the time I caught a 12 lb. bass…

2. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm

twin, never, ever use the term ad hominem again!
    Until after I’ve looked it up

3. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Still talking bass fishing?
    Blimey!

• delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:39 pm

🙂

That quick, yet again snide retort was worthy of a gay-ass smiley face. Well played, sir.

4. zumarust said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Well, it took 3 years, but Fransden finally got a hit that helped the Giants. His double last night for the Angels scored two big runs to insure the win against the Dodgers. Of course, he also made an error that almost opened the floodgates for the Dodgers in the next inning, but a huge doubleplay saved the day. The Angels’ secondbaseman, whoever he is, hung in there like a chump to make the throw as he was getting spilled on a tough but legal takeout from Blake.
    It was funny hearing the Angels broadcasters going on and on about Frandsen. They love the guy. When you show up and hit .340 people luv ya. In baseball, as in most sports, there’s a lot of “what have you done for me lately?” Frandsen won’t hit .340 all year. Or maybe he will. But he’s not a starter. He’s a good utility guy. The Giants made the right move getting rid of him. I don’t see how he fit into their longterm picture, and I wouldn’t even take him back now if the Angels offered him. If he does well with the Angels, cool; the change of scenery thing works out sometimes for players.

5. zumarust said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Oh my goodness, I meant the secondbaseman hung in there like a CHAMP! Can’t believe I misspelled that!

6. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Don’t worry, zum. It’s a very thin line between chump and champ

7. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I aught to know

8. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Just shows how easy it is to go from a champ to a chump.

9. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Or chimp, even . . .

10. ChiPower said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:04 pm

“Ed is probably rooting against the American Isner.” I doubt that very seriously…all of the Englishmen I know hate the French passionately.

Chimp to chump to champ…the progression of man…

Or champ to chump to chimp…how we digress.

Fuck…is it pre-game time, YET!!??

11. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Or in Zito’s case champ to chump to champ to…

If he has to change again, I’d rather see him as a chimp than the chump of his first three contract years.

Yes, pre-game is needed ASAP!

12. Craig said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:47 pm

No buster again tonight. Somethings up. Minor injury?

13. ChiPower said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Yeah…no Posey…

CF Torres
    2B Sanchez
    RF Huff
    3B Uribe
    LF Burrell
    1B Sandoval
    SS Renteria
    C Molina
    P Zito

14. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Interesting. My gut told me Posey would catch for Zito. My gut is a dirty, low down liar

15. ChiPower said, on June 23, 2010 at 2:56 pm

It doesn’t happen often, but I hate it when my gut lies to me…

16. alleykat said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Speaking of Chumps,Looks like the Orioles(yes they are chumps) are about to cut loose Garrett Atkins,with his stellar .219 Avg.Pathetic stat….The Orioles have not hit one single HR from a 1st basemen this year.Just crazy from a power position.

17. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Dang. I really thought he’d be catching.

18. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Is it just me, or does anyone else fail to see the advantage of starting Molina over Posey when Zito pitches?

19. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Career BA of .400 against Myers?

20. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Bochy said Buster wasn’t going to start at catcher during this series. I dunno. Kid could be banged up a bit. I guess he’s human after all.

Maybe.

21. ChiPower said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Not starting at catcher is one thing…but to not get him in the line-up is another. Will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes out as an explanation. Baggs said the question would be asked.

22. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Ted, where do you find the batter vs pitcher stats? .400, does that mean he’s 2 for 5?

Dennis, Posey’s the Messiah remember?

23. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Almost, 3bagger, 4 for 10, 2 RBIs.

24. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Because Zito doesn’t seem to care if Bengie catches him, and since Posey’s already done it successfully this month, he shouldn’t just be in the line up, he should be catching. I get it when he doesn’t catch Timmy, Cain and Sanchez, but Zito and the 5th starter should be Posey’s days behind the dish. Especially after such a big deal was made about him not getting the call up from AAA because they were worried he wouldn’t get enough starts at catcher, this just doesn’t seem to add up.

25. Unca Chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Still only 2 games catching for Jesus.

Is he a lousy catcher? He almost got that ump castrated last year . . .

Just saying, going forward, he should keep his eyes on the prize, cuz he’s da man . . .

26. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:26 pm

Thanks Ted. I was there, but didn’t see the batter vs. pitcher button. 4 for 10, I guess that could be it, but since Buster hasn’t faced Myers, we have nothing to compare.

27. zumarust said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Bochy will be facing that fine line again of developing players vs. trying to get to the playoffs. Ideally you’re doing both. It looks like Texas is going to stick with Smoak at firstbase, even though he’s had his struggles. I do wish they would just stick Posey at a position and let him be. Even if he has some struggles once in a while, he’ll be a solid player for the future. The ideal spot would be catcher, but there’s the whole Molina thing. Obviously Bochy feels like Molina is the guy at catcher still.

28. alleykat said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Molina probably whined to Bochy about getting pulled early yesterday.Plus those 2 hits will earn him another month of solid starts.Just get use to not seeing Posey ketch,under the Bonehead regime.Shit he’s caught 2 fucking games.,the Astros catcher just called up yesterday Jason Castro will have as many starts if he plays tonight.Fucking Unbelievable !!

29. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Baggie: for one, Posey did not catch him “successfully”, you tried that one before. Zito was raked the one time Posey caught him. Look, I don’t put a lot of stock in catcher ERA, but since YOU do, you’re wrong.( 5.2 IP 9 H 5 R ain’t “successful”) I thought he’d be back today myself but I’m not going to freak because he gets a couple days off, you shouldn’t either. Buster caught Cain’s last BP session, with a day game tomorrow, I expect he’ll be behind the plate.

30. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Since he is catching, wouldn’t tonight be one of those times to bat Zito 8th and Bengie 9th? We already know about trying to bunt Bengie over, this way Zits could bunt and give Bengie the opportunity w/RISP. Hell, I dunno.

Where’s Jesus?

31. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Kat, the fucking Astros are 17 games below .500 and Castro is replacing Engelbert Humperdinck. Fucking chill out, TomKat..

32. TedSpe said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Castro is replacing Engelbert Humperdinck. Funny. I have to go back to Room B and see if anyone caught him at the Circle Star

33. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:50 pm

The inmates at Baggs’ blog are totally fucking off the walls, their UGR is off the bottom of the charts, I’ve never seen a board score that low. Let’s see if you guys can restore some sanity to the blogosphere.

34. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Wasn’t the Circle Star, but I caught the “Dinck” at Harrah’s Reno years ago. “After the Lovin’…”

35. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Nice Ted.

If I remember right, Zito admitted he didn’t have the best stuff that day and said Buster called a great game and rarely shook him off. After Zito departed, Posey caught Romo, Casilla, Mota and Wilson without a run scored. He went 2 for 3 with a double and a strikeout/throwout. Not too shabby. Just thought we’d see him tonight. Twin makes a good point about Cain’s bp session, but I was under the impression that Molina will continue to catch Timmy and Cain in games.

36. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 3:59 pm

I shouldn’t have to tell you how much I look forward to this hitting at the Splash ( the Splash and information is rather like Eastern Utah and fashion… jusssssst a smidge behind)…

37. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Let’s also not forget that Posey had his 3rd or 4th incidence of not hustling down the first base line in his last start. How big was Panda busting it last night? Even a millisecond to register disgust and he’s doubled up- no run…

38. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a DP ball for sure. Nothing like leading the league in DPs grond into to help the afterburners kick in.

39. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Baggs: UPDATE: Buster Posey received another day to work on catching drills. He’ll be at first base tomorrow and start Saturday when Joe Martinez is scheduled to face the Boston Red Sox. “He’s just getting a little break right now,” Bruce Bochy said. “Nothing to look into, believe me. He’ll be out there.”

Does that mean he’ll be catching Sat?

40. 3bagger said, on June 23, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Boch just confirmed on KNBR that Posey catches Sat.

41. Craig said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Posey doesn’t need to play everyday. He’s been slumping seems like s perfect time to give him some practice dish time

42. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Torres has been scuffling a bit and believe me, he’s way more important to this offense than Buster or whether it’s Rent or Uribe, both or neither. We have nobody else for the 1 spot who can even approach his production to date and with Burrell/Huff in the OF, he’s desperately needed in CF…

43. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Sanchez is totally fucking pathetic when he goes into “Oh, I’ll get him to third” mode.. hit the fucking ball, Exlax…

44. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:22 pm

It’s early, but that curve of his better get down or it’s gonna be a rough night.

45. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:47 pm

He’s fooling absolutely nobody tonight. Might as well hammer him good so Martinez needs to be called.
    At least we’ll see Bum on Saturday.

Zito reverts to from!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

46. alleykat said, on June 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Maybe if Burrell doesn’t give the pitcher so much respect in LF he catches his ball,and they don’t score.Terrible effort on his flyball.

47. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Yep, he’s gotta play like he’s in Fenway, a deep short.

This ain’t looking so hot. Mistakes abound already. Zito’s location chief among them.

48. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Doggone it guys. All those cuts against Zito earlier in the blog today must have done it to him. Hitters been pathetic against Myers so far. He’s not that good, but the coordination on the part of those bats looks pretty off.

49. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Fuck this. Zits gets 2 outs and can’t secape the damage. Myers keeps the inning alive . . .

50. twinfan said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Burrell was bound to hurt them eventually, he’s been brutal tonight. Where are the guys who were giving him a Gold Glove?
    Anyway you live with that, NOT acceptable is gving up 2 hits to Myers…

51. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Fuck, Mike did you have to be right about Zito now?

52. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Fucking pathetic all the way around right there. Even worse is that Denny B. is the guy warming in the pen.
    Madison must be persona non grata. I’ve given up on seeing him. They just continue to keep trotting out the human pinata for our fifth starter all year long.

53. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I mean, shit you coula waited til August . . .

54. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Hey! Row with a seeing eye error.

55. alleykat said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Shit Bengie,why don’t you blow a big Fart out of your ass,you might run faster.Fuck that play was pathetic how little effort you gave.

56. eddacker415 said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Giants struggling against the Stros; Pads having their way over the Rays?
    And we think we are a top team.

57. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Even nicer . . . A little soccer in the OF

58. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm

What would it take to get Oswalt in a deal? I’m serious. You wanna bank on the Z-Man this summer?
    I don’t.

59. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Wow. Got to capitalize on this shit…

60. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Time to go yard . . .

61. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Hooo boy. Brain farts all around. Good play by Freddie…

62. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

The Astros are trying their best to let us back in this one. Unbelievable.

63. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Whatever else may or may not go down tonight, it would look like Torres reverts to form. Man, that slash power from the leadoff man, to say nothing about the speed, is something that can make this team thrive.

64. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

They REALLY have to take advantage now.

65. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm

C’mon Panda! One swing is all we need.

66. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Shit 6′ to the left and it’s a 3 run double…

67. stixwiz said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Panda reverts to Pablo. Sometimes the baseball gods are not smiling, even for Panda Bears.

68. delmardennis said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:43 pm

If that’s a Mickelson drive, it slices right into the Crawford Boxes.

69. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Couple more, guys . . .

70. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Hit and run, baby . . .

71. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:54 pm

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

72. Macdog said, on June 23, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Bochy didn’t hear ya, Chuck.

73. unca chuck said, on June 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm

He did after Bengie hit that ball . . .

74. bozolay said, on June 23, 2010 at 7:20 pm

If the Giants don’t bring up Engelbert Humperdinck to play short, there will be no WC this year. If they can’t sweep the Stros again, Botchy and Sabes should be tarred and feathered (before the firing squad shoots). I can’t believe these thieves can look themselves in the mirror with all my hard earned money in their pockets.
    Hugs and kisses