A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

No Flaccid Bats Around Here

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 11, 2014

You’d think I’d be feeling negative about last night’s victory that was ripped away from us. Three errors including Sandoval’s idiotic final gaffe will always be a pretty huge stumbling block to securing the W. Voggy continues to pitch like he’s in the dire-est need of some solid Nicole action. Sadly, I fear it is a plastic free environment at Casa de Voggy…..

But the fact remains, we are hitting the baseball. And I’m not as down on Pink Slip as the rest of Giants Nation. I feel like our pitching is *ok* right now. So I feel like the team can sustain some shaking pitching every now and again. They can weather suspect defense.

Because I have confidence that they can score runs.

Thoughts?

1. unca_chuck said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:30 pm

That was legit

2. chipower9 said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm

WHOOT! Ballgame!

3. unca_chuck said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm

That was nasty.

4. blade3colorado said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Grab some pine meat.

5. chipower9 said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:33 pm

It wasn’t pretty, but they all look the same in the W column! Night Flappers…make it an awesome Saturday!

6. James said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Has there been any other NL reliever who has been as consistently good over the last 6+ years as Romo?

7. unca_chuck said, on April 11, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Funny I was watching the game tonight w/my son and I said to him, shit, Morse should be wearing 22. He looks just like Jack Clark. Someone around here said the same thing apparently.

Anyhow, psyched for our 1st game of the year tomorrow. . . .

8. snarkk said, on April 11, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I’m down with the new Friday night orange unis. Way better than last year — those looked like they were pieces of roofing torn from those old, round Orange Julius stands on Highway 99…

9. Macdog said, on April 11, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Flav mentioned the Rox announcers earlier, haha, they were none too pleased over two of those caught-lookings in the 9th, especially the one to Morneau.

And the Angels just beat the Mets in extras on a bases-loaded HBP.

10. DJLoo said, on April 12, 2014 at 6:42 am

If I was a little kid and could only afford to go to one game a year, I’d be a little disappointed that both Pagan and Posey were not in the lineup. I’m all for resting guys but Bochy could spread it out a little. If I went to Shea in 1970 and Bonds and McCovey were on the bench, l would’ve been very unhappy.

• Flavor said, on April 12, 2014 at 11:02 am

look at how many guys Girardi is sitting today.

11. willedav said, on April 12, 2014 at 7:39 am

Perez still looks like he’s trying to hit a 5 run HR. As a lead off he swings at too much stuff and puts ball in the air too often. Hicks, I dunno, just doesn’t look like a ml 2b defensively.
    That’s funny about Rox announcers…back in the day watching sorry ass Braves on TBS, we used to call it *curse of the pitching coach*, because it does seem to happen often. Guy goes to the mound for the conference, everybody nods their heads, then bang.

Dawg, I dunno about Gordon. He still doesn’t have offensive game and shoots FTs like crap. He at least has to develop couple go to O moves, and be able to hit a pull up mid range J. Miller used to bench him sometimes end of games because of the FTs. Also, NBA bodies of inside guys are different from what he has been up against at HS and college level. And it’s a business, these guys are mean, esp to rookies.
    :Look at difference in a bruiser like Blake Griffin’s game now from when he first came in. Now if you sag on him he shoots 3s, and hits his FTs.

12. Flavor said, on April 12, 2014 at 11:01 am

new thread

13. James said, on April 12, 2014 at 11:08 am

No one but BF gives a crap I’m sure, but here are your Giants pitchers total HR stats:

1958-2014 : 100 HRs, 2 Grand slams
    All time: 319 HRs, 7 Grand slams

2.2% of all HRs hit by Giants pitchers have been grand slams; 2% by SF Giants

What % of HRs hit by all players are grand slams?

Total HRs in MLB history: ~267,000
    Total Grand Slams in MLB history: ~6500

About 2.4 % of all HRs are grand slams

To the extent that a pitcher is going to run into a pitch and go yard at all, the Giants aren’t noteworthy one way or the other . . . especially after MadBum’s slam last night. SF was due . . . 🙂