Lucky Win

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 23, 2015

Sorry, but I’m with the Dodgers on this one. Blanco absolutely should have been called out for interference by Kelly. He stood in the basepath and there was contact between him and Blanco. He was essentially holding up a human stop sign and how could that not be considered physically assisting a player back to the bag? He used his body, physically, to send Blanco back to the bag. I understand the rule is open to umpire interpretation, but the rule can’t be so daft as to only refer to a 3rd base coach who tackles a runner and physically drags him back to the bag, right?

There’s probably a better still shot than this but this is what I snipped off mlb.com:

blanco

Now, the ump wasn’t even looking and apparently none of the other umps saw it either.

Kelly looked completely lost on that play. He obviously starts to send the “go” sign but then abruptly stopped and that’s when he went into “human stop sign” mode. There is no way Blanco could have run through him. He had to stop and go back to the bag.

I’m certainly not complaining about a win but we got lucky and the bigger issue to me is Kelly’s qualifications for the 3rd base job. Is he ready? If not, going with an in-house hire was stupid. Was anyone else even interviewed for the 3rd base job?

Doubt it.

_____________________

also, I really appreciated reading Snarkk and Xoot’s breakdown last night of the Bonds decision. Good stuff.

1. pawliekokonuts said, on April 23, 2015 at 7:37 pm

I didn’t foresee the sweep, but I did “call” the win at 2:42 (even though I knew fully at the time it was wishful thinking, but hey). Go, Giants! Making it fun to watch again.

2. pawliekokonuts said, on April 23, 2015 at 7:38 pm

My friend Dennis Z. was scheduled to be at Finnerty’s today. What a hoot that would be.

3. zumiee said, on April 23, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Another item for the file called “Bochy knows more about baseball than me,” Bochy made a great call starting Vogie today. And as SanDog said, Vogie rewarded that confidence.
    SanDog also said, regarding Puig: “Someone at work said that when Maxwell robbed him the other night, he actually gave Max some sincere applause in the dugout as they showed the replay. Please tell me that really happened.”
    It absolutely really happened. Part of Puig’s applause, I’m sure, was also because Maxwell wasn’t injured. It doesn’t completely transform my view of Puig, but it was a classy move on his part, and showed some maturity on his part. Also, the fact that he didn’t argue hardly at all about the blown call on catcher interference during one of his ABs in the series. He seemed to take it in stride very well. A lot of other players would have become unhinged at that moment.

• xoot said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Last night he stared intently toward the near side of the dodger dugout after every inside MadBum pitch thhat nearly hit him. No sign of ire. He then got back to work in the box. He has developed some maturity and self control. (Too bad, in a way, because he’ll be a better player for the bums now.) Meanwhile, wtf is going on with the Royals AHs?

4. zumiee said, on April 23, 2015 at 8:29 pm

How are those Dodger fans feeling at the moment?:

Sitting here at work in the Bay Area
    Several coworkers have reminded me where we keep the brooms.

by Scottielew on Apr 23, 2015 | 4:48 PM

shove it up their asses

by hee came hee seop’d he choi’d on Apr 23, 2015 | 4:49 PM

lol sucks but just gotta take it… You’re screwed for awhile either way, because they have the ultimate trump card.. even if Dodgers swept them, all they gotta do is throw defending champs and 3 rings in 5 years at you and you’re done.
    their fans are playing with house money this year, even if they suck all year, 3 rings in 5 years soothes the pain.

by uschris0304 on Apr 23, 2015 | 5:48 PM

yah that one I’ll be hearing about regardless, forever

by underdog on Apr 23, 2015 | 6:05 PM

• zumiee said, on April 23, 2015 at 8:33 pm

“yah that one I’ll be hearing about regardless, forever”

• blade3colorado said, on April 23, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Those Bum comments remind me of me prior to winning in 2010 . . . In many ways, I sort of feel sorry for them having once worn their shoes.

Nah . . . 🙂

5. blade3colorado said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:04 pm

I think Zum mentioned Steve Dickhead’s . . . umm, Dilbeck’s LA Times column about how the Giants “Crummy record reeked at 4-10.”

I wonder what this asshole is saying now, after writing this column a few days ago:

• blade3colorado said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:10 pm

. . . and by the way, I will give him this, he was prophetic in stating, “Now the Halloween-Colored Boys won’t always win at their current .286 clip (4-10), though a guy can dream. They’ve lost nine of their last 10, while the Dodgers have won seven straight. Of course, the way this historic series goes, the Dodgers get swept.”

• zumiee said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:25 pm

It goes to show how quickly a newspaper column can turn into fishwrap. 🙂

6. willedav said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Wow unbelievable comeback by Dubs, down 20 going into 4th. Steph drills 3 from corner to send it to OT after clutch O-board by Speights, and Pels too clueless to foul beforehand.

7. willedav said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Dodger are way less annoying minus Hanley for a start.
    Kuip on radio last night said in admiration of Puig, “There is nothing he can’t do a baseball field.”

• xoot said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Have you had a chance to see him live at China Basin making throws from the RF corner? wholly sheet what an arm.

8. alleykat69 said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Damm..
    STEPH CURRY!!!!!
    ICE IN HIS VEINS!!!
    Down 20 to start the 4 th quarter, and freaking force OT on the 3 pointer unbelievable!!! CURRY ON FIRE,just nailed another 3 to start OT for Mr.MVP!!!

9. blade3colorado said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Blind ref calling phantom fouls on Green . . . Still can’t take it away from the Dubs.

10. xoot said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:47 pm

my gawd the Warriors put on a show. What a great basketball game that was tonight.

11. willedav said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:48 pm

4 FTs from steph (who led league with 91% during the season) finishes them off capping 40 point night.

12. alleykat69 said, on April 23, 2015 at 9:55 pm

Yeah those refs are gonna take heat from that BS call away from the ball allowing a gift free throw and possible loss.
    But justice prevails!!
    Like the Dubs chances since “No team has ever come back from a 3-0 deficit ” 110-0 in history..

13. mrsprtdude said, on April 23, 2015 at 10:07 pm

What a day. Sweep The Bums, then bury the Pelicans. Brilliant!

14. zumiee said, on April 23, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Sandoval now at .263/0/4, with a .642 OPS, and struggling mightily from the rightside. He came into today’s game, 0 for 13 batting righthanded, with 5 Ks.
    The Red Sox are 9-7, in a 3-way tie for firstplace in a log-jammed AL East, so probably still not a huge deal (yet) to Sox fans.

15. Macdog said, on April 23, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Wow, saw the Warriors were losing big most of the game, left work they were down by about 10 with 4 minutes left, got home, put on ESPN and see Curry press conference talking about OT win! Incredible. What a day for you Bay Area fans.

As if the Giants win wasn’t awesome enough, my daughter gunned down a runner at home from LF for the final out in a 1-0 HS softball win. Even better, it came against a private school. Whoooooo!

16. Lurker John said, on April 23, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Puig is a talent to be sure. He clapped for Maxwell while he was in the dugout, after the play. I think it was for the fact that Justin wasn’t hurt and stayed in the game. Still, a classy move. From one RF to another. It was a hell of a grab.