But I Had Faith and I Had Hope…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 13, 2016

…and then Paul “Small” Clemens said “Nope!”

Loo covered last night loss succinctly and as Flap-accurate as possible:

djloo27 said, on September 12, 2016 at 9:38 pm (Edit)

No pole left unsmoked…

Nothing about last night’s pathetic lay down surprised any of us (or the VMI guys). We’ve seen this type of limp performance out of the Giants before. To be truthful, I watched almost none of it except some quick glimpses during 49er time outs. Even then, I just had to look away. Bad baseball seems to be all the more boring and maddening if you trying to watch it in between a pro football game. I don’t know what that’s all about. I don’t find baseball boring unless I am watching a football game at the same time and that makes no sense because I greatly prefer baseball to football.

But regardless, we got beaten by arguably the worst current starting pitcher in the National League. At home. In a game we really needed to win. Versus a team that is flat-awful….

Enjoy your day. I’m in fucking Oakland all week at a conference and it sucks here…..

1. snarkk said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Total meltdown by this Pen.
    These guys just don’t know how to close out games…

2. djloo27 said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Anyone think it might not be our year?

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Yep. Kinda difficult to think they will suddenly make it “our year” in the last 19 games of the season…

3. Macdog said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:38 pm

And I watched anyway.

4. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Unfuckingbelievable. Actually, unfortunately, veryfuckingbelievable.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Seriously. You have the guy 1-2 on 3 straight fastballs. Brown fucked the pooch. Brown called for a low fastball and it didn’t really miss by much. Fuck this team. Fuck this pen. Fuck Bochy for pulling Strick.

6. eddacker said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:40 pm

What is that I see? Over there, on that wall, looks like handwriting.

damn

7. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Any fight left in the guys? We’ll see…

• unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:42 pm

If they get the ball out of the infield I’l be surprised.

8. zumiee said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:41 pm

The bullpen has just about completely killed our season. This cast of journeymen schmucks is inexcusable. What an epic fail by the front office in 2016.

9. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:42 pm

This hangs solely on Trevor Brown for calling that monkey-fuck of a pitch.

Well, and Bochy for putting Okert in there in the first place.

Buster plays statue. Pretty easy take there. Shut the fuck up Kruk.

10. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:43 pm

I had faith and I had hope

Then I bought a length of rope

11. eddacker said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:44 pm

the difference between 2 and 5 has never been bigger.

sad

12. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Yup. Couldn’t get it out of the IF.

Done and doner. Is this the 30th lead they’ve blown in the 7th and beyond?

13. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:48 pm

And we get to see the fucking moronic idiot fans behind these guys.

Strick fucked himself but he should have stayed in. This team is still making stupid mistakes this late in the season.

14. zumiee said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm

There’s just no chance with this bullpen. I’m giving up, fellas.
    I’d still like to see Bum pitch in the WC game, but the team is going nowhere this year.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Yeah, not as currently constructed. Which basically means, fuggetaboutit this year…..

15. Macdog said, on September 13, 2016 at 10:52 pm

Oct. 3 can’t get here soon enough.

16. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Bochy is doing his damnedest to fuck this up. Okert gets the shot to close? He of zero save opportunities? It’s like he wants to engineer his departure.

He’s been doing this matchup thing way too much lately. This is exactly how the game in Colo went. I get not letting Lopez face righties, but Strick can get guys out on both sides. ahhhhh fuck it. Go Niners.

17. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:04 pm

If the G’s don’t make the post-season, it is going to be a very LONG off-season….

18. snarkk said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:06 pm

The only thing I can ding Bochy about is that he burned Smith earlier in a full inning from the get go, who did well. He kept Okert and Osich available for late late duty, which I think is a mistake. These kids are wet behind the ears, they are susceptible to giving up the mistake pitch under pressure. Smith is at least a vet, he should be around for the late innings if its a choice between him and the young lefties — isn’t that part of why they traded for him? Otherwise, I can’t blame Bochy for bringing in a lefty for Strick. Shrimp or whatever his name is had been smoking righties, and Strick sure looked like a candidate to give up a gopher ball to a righty. Zum’s got it, this Pen just has no really good, dependable choices. Brutal loss, again…

19. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:10 pm

The part I don’t get is Casilla gets 50 chances to fuck the dalmation but Strick gets pulled after a couple bloops. If Bochy wants to see who can do the job, let the guy try.

20. unca_chuck said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:15 pm

And we’ll see Z-Span at the top of the order tomorrow. God help me.

Suarez is doing fine given the alternative. Not sure why you are so down on him, Snarkk. He pitched well enough to win his last 2 starts fairly handily but for the pen taking the fucking baloney pony up the ass frontways, sideways and backwards in both ears and in the mouth.

• snarkk said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Not that down on him Chuck. He’s better than PeavaCain, which is a low bar. Look, he’s a #5 off the Angels scrap heap, like a bunch of other minor league FA dudes that float around MLB every year. The guy has been in the minors for 8+ years. If Sabevans think they can find a better guy, he’ll be gone, like Petit. I don’t want him to block Blach or Blackburn or whoever else is a young arm with some promise above Suarez’ talent level.
      I looked at that replay of the Shimpf HR. You’re right; Brown put a target right down Broadway, and called for the fastball there — a 1-2 pitch, and you throw a FB right down the middle, just above the knees? Epic bad call there. Why wasn’t the bench calling the pitches there for Brown — or was it?…

21. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:24 pm

I re-watched this video on youtube last night. It still sends shivers down my spine. I think this team should watch this video before they take the field, every game. Get some sense of that champion blood. The last 27 outs of the 2010 Series. Damn, that team did not have many superstars but sure could play well together as a team… Something this current batch seems to have forgotten.

• snarkk said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Well, 2010 post-season Timmeh is hard to compare to Suarez or Osich. But, it’s still good.
      Back then, if they had a 4-1 lead in the 8th – 9th, that was a lock win pretty much, though not without Beard drama…

22. snarkk said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Was Hillary talking about the Giants Pen — a “basket of deplorables”?…
    I’m out…

23. zumiee said, on September 13, 2016 at 11:56 pm

The Giants are now 0-5 vs. the Padres in the second half. That’s truly awful.

24. mrsprtdude said, on September 14, 2016 at 12:46 am

Can’t catch a break. listening to Miller. He says the 9th inning one out ball up the middle is an easy 4-6-3 if he lets the ball go. Fuck

25. zumiee said, on September 14, 2016 at 12:46 am

Grant Brisbee at McCovey Chronicles:
    “I have never hated a Giants team quite like this one. I would say the 2009 Giants were close, but now we have several of our very own Spilborghs moments for this season, so I’m leaning toward this one. I hate this team, yet they still might make the postseason, at which point they would have about a five- to 10-percent chance of winning the whole stupid thing again. Which would be absolutely hilarious. They’re officially the most painful team in franchise history now, at least as far as the ninth innings are concerned.”

26. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 14, 2016 at 1:50 am

Bochy said this after that cluster-fuck 5-run 9th inning: “We … just had some tough luck in that ninth inning. We’re pretty well set in the ‘pen, just didn’t work out tonight because of some bad luck.” Please tell me, Bruce, that you really don’t believe this whole disaster is due to bad luck… 10 save opportunities just in September, and the ‘pen has blown 6 of them. That’s something way beyond bad luck, dude.

27. djloo27 said, on September 14, 2016 at 4:57 am

Strickland appeared to lack the closer mentality last night. With a 3 run lead, this was one time he should have just fired those 98 mph straight ones down the middle. He was sweating profusely after just a few pitches and looked scared to throw strikes once there were base runners. Anyway, the standings say they’re still in it. The SP and the offense will have to find a way to limit the impact of the awful bullpen. In the off season, I would definitely shop Belt, Panik and Strickland. I would also be very interested in the physical condition of one Pablo Sandoval…

28. zumiee said, on September 14, 2016 at 6:38 am

The 2016 Giants are the 2010 Padres, choking away the playoffs.