Predictions For My Nunie

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 16, 2017

Now that we’ve made it thru the boring Belt-HR prediction, let’s do one that’s far more interesting and near and dear to my heart. With restrained anticipation, let’s turn our attention to the great and all-knowing and all-wondrous and all-powerful…..Nunie.

What’s his line gonna look like this year? Health is the only question I have. Assuming he keeps his legs straight, I’ll go 8 bombs, 30 swipes and a .280 batting average. Tack on 92 flying-ass helmets strewn across the infield and at least 125 times he sends me rocketing off the couch belting out the loudest “FUCKYEAHNUUUUUUNNNNNIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!” the neighborhood has ever heard…..

You?

1. chipower9 said, on March 16, 2017 at 7:23 am

Nunie:
    9 bombs, 28 stolen bags, .275 BA…

Here is the breakdown on the Belt HR predictions:

MacDog -22
    MrSprtDude -22
    Bozo – 24
    Kat – 24
    Unca – 25
    snaark – 26

And on G-Head’s insistence from last thread that Boogie Cousins will be a Warrior in the next two years. NO FUCKING WAY. I have a Benjamin ($100) that says he will not…

• djloo27 said, on March 16, 2017 at 7:31 am

I’m in at 9, Chi…but he’ll hit .310

• willedav said, on March 16, 2017 at 8:12 am

he hits .310 I’m investing in SaranWrap futures.

• Flavor said, on March 16, 2017 at 9:10 am

Solid gold. James would appreciate

2. Bozo said, on March 16, 2017 at 8:29 am

I love Nunez and I think he’s figured things out so –
    16 HRs
    28 2Bs
    9 3Bs
    42 SBs
    .281 BA

Hopefully Boch lets him lead off so he can spark this team up.

3. djloo27 said, on March 16, 2017 at 10:02 am

Fernandez was driving the boat.
    Bring on the lawsuits…

4. alleykat69 said, on March 16, 2017 at 10:32 am

Yeah you got that right Loo.
    Reminds me of the Cleveland Indian pitchers back in the 80’s? Ojeida,Olin,& the 3rd guy I forget his name, when they took a speed boat out at dusk( not a smart move)and ran into a pier. This sick joke made the rounds.. The autopsy confirmed they died of pier pressure..

5. willedav said, on March 16, 2017 at 11:32 am

I think he hits .259 maybe 10 bombs 30 SBs, .700+ OPS. Just think he’s a career replacement level player (and not the next Andres Torres) that pitchers will figure out as goes around the league. He runs well, which stands out on Giants, but how much value that provides, we’ll see.
    Bochy did something interesting yesterday, batting him 2nd vs. LHP and Panik 7th. hmmnn.

Plus he’s on the wrong team. Giants should trade him to Padres where he could be opening day everyday SS and provide some vet leadership to all their kids.

I think Giants would be better off with any two of Hwang Hill Gameface at 3b, all of whom would provide more power in everyday LU and off the bench.

• chipower9 said, on March 16, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I agree absolutely with your final comment re: Hwang, Hill, or GameFace @ 3rd…

6. xoot said, on March 16, 2017 at 11:41 am

15 30 .285 and a dozen of those five bouncers to 1b to nail runners who would’ve been safe on regular throws

7. unca_chuck said, on March 16, 2017 at 12:08 pm

12 bombs for Nooner.

8. willedav said, on March 16, 2017 at 12:35 pm

Think of all the backups Evans brought in that have pop—Morse Hwang and Hill. Where will these guys play if they are actually in the LU given Belt Panik and Nunez on the IF?
    Would you play Morse over Williamson in LF? 1b vs. LHP?

9. djloo27 said, on March 16, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Nunie’s a goner at the deadline…

• Flavor said, on March 16, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I’ll pretend you typed these words by accident. The only place Nunie going is the BAHOF

10. Irish Kevin said, on March 16, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Late to the party, Belt will go all in with 28 bombs.

11. Irish Kevin said, on March 16, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Nunie, I will not go so far as to agree with djloo he will be gone, but I think someone else will be at 3rd

12. alleykat69 said, on March 16, 2017 at 2:19 pm

It will be a 3 headed 3rd base deal.Nunie&Gameface gets their starts with more Nunie to the tune of 12 bombs/Gameface jacks 6 then they trade Nunie at the deadline and Arroyo gets 9 bombs for a grand total of 27 which all Flappers would take in a heartbeat..

13. pawliekokonuts said, on March 16, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Nunie: 11 HRs, 31 SBs, .285. Lotta triples. What’s a lot? IDK.

14. pawliekokonuts said, on March 16, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Yesterday, in the aftermath of the 20 inches of heavy, wet snow (unlike fluffy lake-effect snow), I had to get a nerve conduction study. You get wired like a space monkey and twitch like Frankenstein. (Results were good. I joked with the doctor about the carpal tunnel diagnosis, “My male friends say that . . . ” He laughed before I finished with the obvious — BUT DIDN’T SAY IT WAS NOT THE CAUSE. Anyway, his name is Dr. Jim Ricelli. Very professional. Liked him. I asked, “So, are you related to Frank Ricelli who pitched for the Giants?” He replied, “I certainly am. He’s my cousin. I see him often.” Frank played for the Giants and Astros (Loo will be posting a card); holds local HS records still. Guess what Frank’s doing these days? Driving a truck for the family construction business.

• djloo27 said, on March 16, 2017 at 5:52 pm

Absolutely no recollection of him, Pawlie, but did look him up on baseball reference. Best tidbit was that he struck out Willie Stargell all 3 times he faced him. Pete Rose also hitless in 3 ABs…

• pawliekokonuts said, on March 16, 2017 at 7:35 pm

does Buzzsaw recall him?

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:18 am

Good to see you posting, Pawlie. I had one of those nerve conductivity tests years ago while trying to find the cause of pain/numbness in my arm, right thumb, and right index finger. “Wired like a space monkey” had me LMAO, but not too far off on the description. My ailment ended up being herniated C5/C6 discs. A couple of epidural steroid shots, and I am still good to go. Hope everything works out for you, brother.

15. zumiee said, on March 16, 2017 at 5:38 pm

The Dodgers’ new secondbaseman, Forsythe, is only hitting .458 this Spring. He’s going to have to up his game.

16. djloo27 said, on March 16, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Flavor’s love for Nunie has me rooting hard for him, but he’s just not the Giant type. I see him going back to the AL in a package for a vet who possesses some pop and an unwanted salary…(Melky!)

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:18 am

Bring back Melk! I know most here would never go it, but I sure as hell would.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:04 am

“Forgiveness is the gift of God”

17. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on March 16, 2017 at 9:00 pm

3rd base will be an interesting position to watch how it develops for the G’s this year and maybe next year too. No real heir apparent to Pablo, who mostly held down the position for half a dozen years. I foresee some jockeying for position throughout the season; it’s the all-powerful Nunie’s position to lose, apparently, which is fine by me, but I’m also looking forward to see Dizzy and Hwang keep Nunie on his toes. So to speak. Arroyo awaits, and could well be playing in the 2nd half if someone out of those 3 don’t nail down the job.

18. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on March 16, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Game coverage today says this: “Eduardo Nunez drilled a leadoff double, stole third base and scored on Williamson’s groundout. Morse’s RBI double and Aaron Hill’s run-scoring single sandwiched a throwing error by Ramirez that generated another San Francisco run.” No homers this time, but rather what is often called here the conga line (I also kinda hate that saying…). And this: “Jobs will be won instead of being handed to the guy who screwed up the least.” We’ll see about that. There have been some decent performances, it’s going to be tough to whittle it down by Opening Day, and hoping they just don’t do the “safe” thing (Rollins, etc.)…

• zumiee said, on March 16, 2017 at 11:07 pm

Morse is an intriguing situation. He’s having a pretty good Spring.

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:20 am

He is, but I just do not see the fit on this 25. He is just too much a liability in the OF, and they really do not need him at 1st (that will predominantly be covered by Belt and Posey).

19. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on March 16, 2017 at 11:34 pm

If rosters could be 27 players, I’d keep Morse. At 25, tough to find a place for him….

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:21 am

Good call…my feelings exactly, Paul.

20. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:08 am

How’s his 1st base working out?

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:07 am

I think that immaterial. We know between Belt and Posey they will get the lion’s share of 1st base play. So, with him being such a liability in the OF, and not being needed that often at 1st…I just don’t see a spot for him on the 25.

21. willedav said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:23 am

Couple interesting quotes from Arroyo in Chron:
    “The front office guys were telling me power is the last tool to come for a HS guy and not to worry about it, just stay with my approach.”
    Further, “I talked with Sabes during the season and he told me, ‘Get on base, swing at strikes and hit hard line drives to gaps.’ I said, ‘Yes, sir.’ I kind of kept that approach all year.”

result being 3 HRs but 36 doubles (3rd in league) in tough hitter park at Richmond and league in general where most teams send their better pitching prospects. So far 4-15 with 2 rbis in ST.

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:06 am

I like Arroyo and almost everything I have seen about him. I think the kid is going to be a damned good ball player.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:01 am

Yeah, for the White Sox…

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:10 am

LMAO…enlighten me, Loo. Why would the Giants trade one of their top prospects? (Giants have him listed as their top prospect and he is 89th on the MLB top 100.)

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:54 am

Giants are in a perennial “win now” mode.
        Prospects are just currency…

22. willedav said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:25 am

Walton bio is a good read. But, no spoiler alert intended, we all know arc of his career–riding high (no pun intended) from college to pros, wins a title and then his body implodes on him and he is never the same, on or off the court. Would have loved to be around him and Bird Celts—I disliked these guys but very fun team to watch as counterpart to Magic and Lakers. Warriors Barnett talks regularly how much he learned playing with Celts in his day.

Walton’s commentary goes way off the rails, but when he just sticks to b-ball he is great. I really like how he often derides a foul call and says, “let em play.” I do feel there are way too many ticky tack fouls called at college level that slow down the game and result is better players have to sit out for a long time.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:03 am

Probably had the single greatest game ever for a college BB player…

• zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:06 am

Yeah, some sports numbers just stick in your head. His 21 for 22 shooting in that game. (A championship game?) I’ve never forgotten that number.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:08 am

I’d love to see the shot he missed.
        Wonder how close it came…

• zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:08 am

Nice 5 minute compilation video of that game:

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:09 am

Nice clip, Zum, but they don’t show the miss. Always loved the bank shot. wonder if Wooden encouraged it.
        Wilkes had a great one, too…

• Macdog said, on March 17, 2017 at 11:04 am

How many “Conference of Champions” references are there?

23. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:59 am

I’ll give the WBC this- combined with the other Spring Training games, it gives the MLB Network almost non-stop games, 24/7. That’s a pretty cool thing.

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:12 am

I am not watching all of the games, but have watched most of the US games, and a few others. I know many here have no interest, but I am finding it all entertaining. I will definitely be watching the two US games this weekend.

• zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:16 am

Me too!

24. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:01 am

The next two U.S. games are of reasonable interest. Prime-time tonight vs. Puerto Rico, and prime-time Saturday night in a rematch vs. the Dominican Republic.

25. Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:18 am

Arroyo, is he another Billy Mueller or just another Tony Torcato?
    I’m kind of with what Loo alluded to, and think he’ll be part of a trade later in the season.

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:54 am

I would say the commonalities at this point are his propensity to hit for average (like Mueller). He does not have great power (only 20 HRs in the minors), but he is a great contact hitter, and I think his skills translate well to the Phone Park.

He also has played 3rd, 2nd, and SS. While many say he doesn’t have the range to be an everyday SS, he can certainly play the position. He fits the mold of what the Giants like (guy who can play multiple positions). I just don’t see him being packaged as part of a trade…I think he figures in with their long-term plans. My prediction he is the starting 3rd baseman for our Giants in 2018.

• Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 11:18 am

… and like Tony Torcato he’s a first round draft pick out of High school.

Yes, he can play some 3rd, SS and 2nd and if you added a little speed and some pop, in my mind you would be describing Nunez. I think Arroyo’s best position is probably at 2nd and we already have someone there. Sorry chi, but he’ll have to really tear it up in AAA for me to think he’s an upgrade at 3rd.

26. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:19 am

Walton’s stories of John Wooden are really interesting. Those UCLA teams were fairly loaded with talent, but the coaching was off the charts.

27. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:29 am

I see Nooner going before Arroyo. Bank on that shit. They have another year (maybe half a year) to pull the trigger.

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:55 am

Agree, Charlie. As I mentioned above in a response to John…I think Arroyo will be our starting 3rd baseman in 2018.

• Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 11:26 am

Why would they trade Nunez? The dude is a legit leadoff guy that can play 2nd, 3rd and SS without much, or any drop-off in defense. He cost them Mejia, so the Giants have to think highly of him.
      I gotta think, if they trade Nunez that would probably mean the Giants are out of the race.

• unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Because Arroyo has power.

• Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:04 pm

Power? He hasn’t shown that yet. He is a contact hitter that could hit for a high average or he could struggle to be an every day player.

• unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:29 pm

Well, he’s younger. I looked at his power numbers and they aren’t what I thought they were.

28. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:33 am

Detroit Tigers had Gates Brown, what, late sixties?, big man, known mostly for his pinch-hitting prowess. Not looking it up, I remember he played LF sometimes and probably not well, he was definitely on the roster for late inning PH bombs. How did the Tigers have room for that kind of specialty? Fewer pitchers? I’d guess a few fewer. I’d like to see 11 pitchers, maybe even 10, that’s enough. The first few guys in the rotation will eat innings and the pen looks…. ok… Make more room in the dugout for more hitters.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:52 am

Never more than 10 pitcher staffs in those days.
      Teams had room for 3rd string catchers & L/R PH specialists.
      I was in awe of Jerry Lynch. So was Twin…

• chipower9 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:57 am

It’s a new day…I doubt you ever see a team carry only 10 pitchers again, and I doubt you ever see the Giants go south of 12. With those types of numbers, there just isn’t a spot for the likes of a Morse, IMO.

29. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:51 am

If the Giants trade Arroyo this season, that would be a bitter pill. They probably could have traded him last season and gotten Andrew Miller or Melancon.

• Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 11:48 am

I don’t know zum, Clint Frazier for Miller and Felipe Rivero for Melancon, I don’t think Arroyo would have been enough, It was rumored that Panik’s name came up at one point.

I hope I end up eating crow and Arroyo becomes the greatest Giant ever, but for now lets see how he does in AAA.

• unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Kid’s only 21 and about to play in AAA. He’s doing something right to get this far this quickly.

• snarkk said, on March 17, 2017 at 5:57 pm

That’s the definition of a real prospect. 20 or 21 years old position player at AAA. These guys that are in AAA and 27+ years old — nah, they’re not going to help much…

30. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Yeah, 4 man rotations and 6 man bullpens were the rule of the day.

Now it’s 5 and 7 (or 8).

31. Macdog said, on March 17, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Spring training tidbit ‘o the day: Brett Pill (0-for-2) was in Tigers’ lineup that got no-hit by three Yanks pitchers today.

32. xoot said, on March 17, 2017 at 4:46 pm

I happened to be in the ER at El Camino hospital just now. I heard a doctor tell a patient that his blood alcohol level is point five. Not point zero five. Point five. The guy wanted to leave. Happy St Patrick’s day.

• Flavor said, on March 17, 2017 at 5:38 pm

why are you in the ER? Hope everything is ok, XOOT

• snarkk said, on March 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Hope things get better, xoot.
      I’m at home with a Murphy’s stout in hand. Based on my calculations and known genetics, I’m 37.5% Irish. Given uncertainties, it might be as high as 40%. Which means I can duck out later for a decent pour of Guinness at the local brewpub to drink to that extra percentage. I was told by a buddy who is in the know (stayed in Ireland for more than a cuppa coffee) that in the bad old days of the IRA in N. Ireland, on St. Pat’s day, more than a few got a little disoriented and wandered into the “wrong” pub. That is, if you were Catholic, you drink Jameson, and the Protestant whisky is Bushmills. According to him, not apocryphal, there is more than a kernel of truth via the geography of the distilleries. So, supposedly if you asked for the wrong whiskey in the wrong pub, you’d be lucky to get out with just a severe beat down…

• xoot said, on March 17, 2017 at 11:23 pm

I’m fine. I was there to help someone else. I didn’t know about the Jameson bushmills allegiances. That could be treacherous on the wrong night.

33. Irish Kevin said, on March 17, 2017 at 5:46 pm

I would bring back Duffy before Milkmaid,
    FanGraphs projects 125 games from Duffy in 2017 where he slashes .272/.322/.389 with nine HRs and 52 RBIs (95 wRC+). If he can produce anything resembling that — or his 2015 campaign with the Giants — then Tampa Bay will have another solid piece to its the infield.

• Macdog said, on March 17, 2017 at 6:17 pm

This was last week, but the Duffster may not be ready for the Rays’ opener: https://tinyurl.com/lmb4948

• Irish Kevin said, on March 17, 2017 at 6:50 pm

That’s too bad, hope he gets well soon.

34. Flavor said, on March 17, 2017 at 5:55 pm

Melky ain’t coming back. Ever. Do you guys remember how he left? Busted as a cheater (he’s been basically replacement level since he got caught), he then disappears into the night without contacting a single person on the team, he then ratchets up the embarrassment level by concocting that absurd fake website to try to save his skin. No way the Giants bring that guy back for ANYTHING. He’s not welcome in SF anymore.

35. alleykat69 said, on March 17, 2017 at 6:41 pm

You tell em Flavor! The Melk has expired past the born on date.He soured every Giant in the clubhouse, especially Posey who doesn’t normally show his emotions, but he was ticked off at Melk for letting the team down at a crucial time of the season.Screw the Melk and his band of Milkman as well..

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:04 pm

I thought the fake website thing was a nice try. Why wouldn’t you want a “make things right” Melky in a salary drive year? If the LaBianca family can support parole for Leslie Van Houten you can let Melky slide…

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Paddy’s day irony: Auto-correct keeps changing Melky to Kelly…

36. Macdog said, on March 17, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Looks like Cain is getting rocked again.

• snarkk said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:13 pm

8 hits given up in 4 innings, 3 earnies.
      Cain, gettin’ er done…

37. Flavor said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm

Andrew Baggarly‏Verified account @extrabaggs 6s7 seconds ago
    Cain departs after a 2-out, broken-bat hit in 5th. The good: 5 Ks (Story twice) and no walks. The bad: 25 hits allowed in 15 IP this spring.

38. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Puerto Rico is kicking U.S. buttocks.

39. Flavor said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:15 pm

San Dawg, are you with me on the WBC boycott? We stood together for the Olympics, I have to assume (hope?) we stand united on this too. Alas, I fear you are wandering around Reno somewhere unable to read this. I’m not coming up this weekend, by the way. Too much shit to do.

40. djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:19 pm

San Dawg texted me a few hours ago. He was drinking green beer somewhere…

• Flavor said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:31 pm

he wanted me to come meet him in Reno this weekend and I tried but it’s not gonna happen.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:27 pm

No room at the “Y”?

41. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Posey HR.

42. djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I trunk – chilled my Guinness today. Perfect temperature…

43. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:33 pm

I don’t even know what channel it’s on.

Fuck, the news is just so depressing. Trump is going off the rails yet again. And again and again, yet the freak show rolls on. Spicer is under attack and lashing out at everyone and everything. The pundits not named Fox all can’t believe that the commander in chief is a 12 year old Ritchie Rich boy who is destroying anything that helps people who aren’t of the 1%. $5 billion on the worthless wall and we need to get rid of Meals on Wheels?

When do we round up the feeble and just start shooting them?

There is no way on God’s green earth Obama bugged Trump Tower. And here we are 2 weeks in and he’s talking to Angela Merkel about how they both were wiretapped. She looked at him like he was the 5 year old dipstick that he is.

• zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Great post. Well said.

• unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Sorry, don’t mean to bring politics here, but I’m either suffering from boiling anger or abject apathy. I’ve called my senators, marched around and shit, sent money to various causes, but this shit is unreal. He, Mitch McConnel, and and their little fucking minion Paul Ryan are going to steal our social security, medicare, and health care all so they can have more.

As bad as I’ve ever thought it could be, it’s worse. His talk about the AHCA care was especially galling. He knows he’s fucking over the people that voted for him. And he doesn’t give a fuck.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm

There’s something to be said for not giving a fuck.
        Sometimes I think it’s the way to go…

• Bozo said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Agree 100%.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:06 pm

I haven’t seen any baseball since last season.
      How are the Giants looking?
      I remember when Charlie Spikes hit 12 homers for the Yanks in ST one year.
      Do they have ST records?
      Have a drink, Chuck…

44. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Giants game! Hey! Game face with a nice play.

45. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Erk. So much for Arroyo. Clean whiff on the grounder.

46. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Wow. McCutch gets the heave-ho. Very quick tossage.

47. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Adam Jones goes yard.

48. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Leyland had enough of the sucky relief pitcher.

49. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Arenado throws it away, 2 runs score.
    He never throws it away vs. the Giants.

50. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Another reason to go down to just 10 or 11 relievers: if your relievers suck, might as well have fewer of them….

51. snarkk said, on March 17, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Yeah, Chuck.
    Drumpf set a record today. In less than 24 hours he managed to (ii) piss off British Intelligence MI6 so much that they actually called his allegation that they bugged him “ridiculous” (they rarely acknowledge publicly that they even exist), and (ii) embarrass Merkel – there’s a photo of her looking at him like he’s the WTF-are-you-talking-about imbecile that he is. The Brits were so PO’d that multiple officials in the WHouse including the new nat’l security advisor had to publicly apologize to Britain — a first in modern history. Even if they DID surveil him, you don’t say that in public against your best and oldest ally. Drumpf is an absolute idiot…

52. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:12 pm

DJ, I have kids. It’s not as easy as throwing up my hands and saying burn it all down. Pissing yourself and calling it rain is not a god strategy.

It’s just a matter of when the Republican establishment abandons him. It may take days weeks or months. It had better happen though.

• djloo27 said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Chuck, your kids will see 15 more presidents. Trump will just be a memory -good, bad or otherwise like any other president. Or maybe your kids will leave the country altogether. I’m sure they’ll figure it out.
      Calling your senator???

53. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Crawfish to save the day?

54. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:16 pm

Yes!! Sure looked like they threw him out tho. Wow he was out by 2′.

55. unca_chuck said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:18 pm

And I thought the ML umps were bad.

• zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Yeah, the umps weren’t very good.

56. zumiee said, on March 17, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Craw 2-run triple.

57. djloo27 said, on March 18, 2017 at 6:31 am

Xoot, you had a golden opportunity to channel the Groper, who BTW could be my favorite Giant ever…

58. willedav said, on March 18, 2017 at 8:33 am