One Day, One Game at a Time…

Posted in Uncategorized by chipower9 on October 10, 2012

No big thread today, just a quick reflection on yesterday’s game, that hopefully will spark some conversation.

Here are some of my memories from yesterday that I saw as key to the game.

How about scoring a run without getting a hit. At the time, it knotted the game at 1, all while our boys had cranked-out NO hits. But, it tied the game.

And how about Vogel-TRON. After a horrid first inning (30 pitches, I believe), it was amazing that the Giants trailed only by a run. But, he picked it up and put in five strong innings. Most importantly, he kept the Reds at one run. Huge game for Vogey in his first post-season start.

And let us not forget the bullpen. Affeldt was money for two innings. Casilla was downright SCARY (there were a couple of really loud outs). Lopez got his one batter and Romo with two kick-ass innings to nail it down. Great job by the pen to allow us to get to Extras.

And then there is Gerald Demp III. Buster Ballgame. The guy all believe will be league MVP. He gets it all started in the 10th with a single. Pence follows with more of the same. And I ask, what was with the decision to leave Pence in? Was it the fact that only Hector remained on the bench? Was it bravado? I have read no post-game stories, so I have no idea, but welcome your theories.

And then to score the winning run the way they did…Torture 2012, Baby! It never hurt so good! AND to do it off former Bum Broxton made it extra sweet.

I started night- before-last saying I had a good feeling about game 3. And that feeling carried over into yesterday. Blade had the same groove going, and posted Ashkon’s “Don’t Stop Believin’” video…the anthem for our Giants.

Zito gets the ball today in his biggest start in years. Has he redeemed himself? Will he with a win today? That is a story of and to itself.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about today’s game too. I am READY for some baseball! And with that…

Let’s GET IT ON!

Orange October – GO GIANTS!!!

1. Macdog said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

PABLOOOOOOOOO!

2. ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Pablo owes my kitties a big apology – he just made me scream!!!!!!

3. snarkk said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Holy Smokes!
    Arias got it going again. Then Pagan and Scutaro got it hot, and Pablo finished the deal.
    Awesome — we knew today the bats were going to come out of hibernation…

4. Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm

We score we win

5. eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:43 pm

and listen to that quiet stadium
    nice

• demp28 said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:47 pm

And the sleeping Giants have awaken.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Fuck them and the shitty bathrooms they rode in on.

6. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm

what a BOMB from SANDOVALISTA

7. ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Take Me Out …sounds a bit like a dirge rather than a celebrations. Keep the fans down Jints!!!

8. snarkk said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

gotta dash, keep it goin’, Giants…

9. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:51 pm

To reply from above, Ferret- Barry will not get another start this year and he’s not a relief option. Don’t see him on the NLCS roster if they get there.

• unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:52 pm

That may or may not be true. But I’d love to find out . . .

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Well, Tim has his starting spot, hard to imagine Bochy carrying Zito for the helluvit, which is all it would be.

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm

That’s common sense speaking, nothing to do with how I feel about him.I actualy expected he’d do well today.

• ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I was just curious. Who would you suggest as the ‘speed’ guy to take the open position?

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Burriss.

10. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Whatever the deal is with Timmy, he’s fucking dealing right now.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Yes, good observation Chuck. He is dealin’ as you pointed out.

11. blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Flav, thanks for the invite to the gym . . . Got off the elliptical machine as Sandoval went yard. HAHAHAHA! No access to PC equipment at the gym Flapsters, but I was here in spirit and got to watch on the gazillion TVs they have at Craig’s gym. 🙂

Man, this is unfrickingbelievable . . . Loving every minute!

12. eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I was full of excitement and anticipation at the start of this game. Then I had a couple of innings where my main thought was ohshit – ohshit – ohshit.
    Now my chest is swollen with pride and appreciation of the job my team has done so far. and I have some ot that “good” feeling that others have had.

13. denniszu said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Dusty had the batboy find him another box of toothpicks…… he’s chomping them down by the minute.

14. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm

sidenote: Nice to see this venue, this great blog, The Flap, revived. Lots of comments, lots of variety, and lots of energy. Lots of added visitors, too, I’d wager. Coooool.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Agree Pawlie . . . I think we went 3 “pages” yesterday and are well on our way to repeating that. If I keep adding my inane comments, along with your scholarly ones, we should match yesterday’s output. 🙂

15. denniszu said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm

This team was the pride of baseball in 2010 and now they are reminding MLB how they just might do it again.!
    …..

16. paulinasia said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm

6am in Saigon, turn on ESPN Int’l, see Pablo’s big blast to make it 8-3, sweet. Glad to see the team’s pilot light re-lit….

17. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:08 pm

TBS announcers 197 times better than Fox. Darling is excellent.

18. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm

ESPN research note on the bottom of box score: Angel Pagan’s leadoff HR [which I missed; I was writing, hey, I was on a roll] is THE FIRST LEADOFF HR IN GIANTS POSTSEASON HISTORY, NEW YORK OR SF. holy mackerel

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Pagan is not a pagan God, he is God.

19. Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

So just to be clear, this’ll be 12 Zito starts in a row where the Giants have won, right? Hard to imagine Bochy bailing on that streak. 🙂

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Snort . . . Umm . . . Yeah, perhaps they can keep him on the roster as a good luck talisman. 🙂

20. eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

together we are Giant

21. eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Fuck, what a heroic effort by Bochy and the Boys. They stopped that runaway train and have forced a one game series. god bless ’em.

22. Irish Kevin said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Noooooooooooooo, not Casilla!!

23. Irish Kevin said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Shoot me, shoot me now,

24. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

So, will Tim get the win? I’d think, but it could just as well go to Kontos.

• eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I think you are correct, Tim4theWin

25. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Christ, Kevin. Settle.

• Irish Kevin said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

10 pitches go get out Ludwig!!

26. ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Do we know anybody in KY? Shouldn’t be too hard to find a horses head to put in Ludwick’s bed tonight…so sick of this fucker!!!

• unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

No shit. The guy’s a stiff and he’s on the biggest roll of his life.

Shut him down, Santiago . . .

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I’ll send word to Luca Brasi ASAP.

27. Salty said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Tim’s been so good out of the pen, I dunno. Hate to mess with success.

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:50 pm

He’ll start in the NLCS for sure if they get there, IMO. Can’t count on him having a lead in relief.

28. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

What’s with the seeming tomahawk cheer these Reds fans do?

29. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

And the fans cheer. For a foul ball?

30. unca_chuck said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Love the pitch chart. Down and away?

31. Macdog said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Paint It Black & Orange! Game on now, Cincy.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:46 pm

No shit Mac . . . LIke that Japanese Admiral said after they bombed Pearl Harbor, “We’ve awakened a sleeping Giant.”

32. ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Woo-FUCKING-Hoo!!!!! Taking it to the decider, two days ago I had no hope…should’ve known better!!! Thanks be to the Baseball Gods!

Tiimmeh gets the win – good call by official scorer.

33. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Cain-Latos, and I might miss it live. I haven’t checked the game time.

• ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

10:05 local, twinnie.

• Irish Kevin said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm

10:00 AM

34. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

FerretHead’s “woo-hoo”s, or variants thereof, are one of the best talismans [talismen? taliswomen?] around and infinitely welcome here. A big W! Love it.

• ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Pawlie – hope to post 9 more!!! But I will not Woo before it is time.

35. blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Well, we can’t ask for a better situation with the Cainer going next. No excuses this time Matty . . . We need you to pitch lights out.

36. Bozo said, on October 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Hell of a win!

37. gianthead said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

White Russian Power!!!!

Keep up the drinking for one more game!!!

• Bozo said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Careful man there’s a beverage here.

38. gianthead said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

10 am first pitch west coast time??? Lunch time here:))))

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Peter, the game is tomorrow at 10am PST?

• gianthead said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm

my understanding and espn says so as well…

• gianthead said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Nationals have the 4 pm game and lights out for them…

39. zumiee said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I haven’t had a chance to get home and watch the game yet, but much digitally recorded baseball joy awaits me.

40. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm

TBS dudes said start time TBD depending on A’s game. Don’t know if that is so, but they said that. No tears from me on 1:05 start time. Lord knows, we in the East, or in the U.K., or Saigon, have paid our dues. I mean, tomorrow will be a challenge, but clearly the greater pressure is on the Redlegs.

41. PawlieKokonuts said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm

This might be my final comment tonight [yeah, right, y’all saying], but i gotta go out and play NYS lotto numbers based on players today. Let’s see: 19 and 55 and … I’ll do some research.

42. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:40 pm

So who do you think doesn’t start if they they get to the NLCS, Craig? Bochy got this win by pulling Zito before it became disaster.Zito had nothing to do with the win.

• eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Zito was just a bit off and up today. rust? He sure looked like he was going to do well in the beginning.
      Frazier – Ali in this series both have been on the ropes, both have had strong games.

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm

8 baserunners in less than 3 innings isn’t “just a bit off and up”. Bochy would be crazy to use him again, You can’t rely on Tim having a lead to pitch with in relief.Dusty faces somewhat similar criticism as Bochy would face- if the Reds lose and Chapman doesn’t pitch again, he might have lost the series by not using him for two yesterday. If we advance, Lincecum has to start.

43. eddacker said, on October 10, 2012 at 5:48 pm

It was the Colorado Style; Zito had his 75 pitches and with a reliever or 2 to open the door, in came TL.

44. zumiee said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I always feel like in a game like this today, (game 4 in a 5 game series, or game 6 in a 7 game series), there’s just about as much pressure on the team that has the one-game lead, because they really don’t want to lose the game and have to play that final game, with the other team having so much momentum and new life.

45. Wilcojoe said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Can someone explain why a game five elimination game is not being shown in prime time? I am on a career panel at the University of Houston tomorrow and will miss most of the game…If i recall all of our 2010 playoff games were primetime.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Easy choice Wilco . . . You tell the fuck facing tenure that your vote is NO (or, YES; or, MAYBE . . . WHATEVER) and watch the Giants game. Sheesh, you shouldn’t even be asking these ridiculous questions.
      🙂

• Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm

No clue. And I’m locked up with work too, this is so incredibly stupid. I’ll have the radio and catch pieces of it when I can

46. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm

In today’s electronic age, it’s virtually impossible to not hear a score… makes me think of Monty Python’s Hide and Seek Olympics. The dude takes a bus, a plane, a train, a boat, a burro- and ends up in a cave on an obscure Greek isle..the seeker finds him in like an hour.. and tells him the score of the soccer match

47. blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm

“If we advance, Lincecum has to start.”

Definitely Lincecum has to start. Zito may not play in the next series should we advance. From what I have read here, he can be left off the roster for the next series, correct? Regardless, I believe he will go to the World Series, if we advance that far. Will he start or even have a relief role? Not likely in regard to starting, but a relief role in mop up scenarios are possible. Bochy will feel obligated to put him on the WS roster, maybe even the next series. The only scenario I see him starting again, is where we are up 3-0 . . . Other scenarios seem remote.

48. Bozo said, on October 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

When we advance, I have a feeling all five starters will be included. Zito as a starter and Tim taking Mota’s role (short or long relieving RHer). I don’t know what Tim’s recovery time is (if he can pitch every game) but I would think his short warm up time opened up a whole new discussion for the brass. I also think that if that was the case, Mota would be the expendable one, not Zito. I think only having one guy left on the bench last night would also be a point of discussion for brass ,so I’m thinking they would want to add an additional position player and a pitcher gets to stay home.

49. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Tim is pitching relief because he was thought to be the weakest starter right now- it’s hardly ideal for him to be the mop up guy- we were fortunate today because we scored a few and Bochy got Zito out while we had a lead. That’s not a typical scenario.I think Bochy would go with his 4 best starters in the NLCS also, and Barry is no longer one of them, IMO. But I don’t think he should have kept all 5 for this series, so what do I know?

• Bozo said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:22 pm

True twin. I’m just thinking things might have changed in Sabes and Bochy’s thinking, partially on Tim’s quick warm up time and also how well he did. I also think Mota might have pitched his way off the team, but WTF do I know. Still, these were two great wins and Tim out of the pen was a huge reason why we won.
      Anyway, bedtime for this clown, cheers twin.

50. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Ibanez! Tied it in the 9th with a HR pinch hitting for A-Rod, now won it in the 12th with a walk off HR….

51. Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Zito will be on the NLCS roster, if we get there. Bochy isn’t going to carry 4 SP’s, her’s going to go with all 5 for the main reason that pretty much none of them are rock solid reliable right now. And don’t sell another Zito start short. It could totally happen. I think Bochy sees Timmy as some sort of secret-weapon at this point.
    Remember, Bumgarner is on fumes right now. There will be ample need for *The Secret Weapon* to come into games.
    Zito had a bad start today but he’s had several good/great ones this year. Certainly more than Timmy. And while I am all about *what have you done for me lately?* I still don’t think you bail on ZIto for one bad start. It wasn’t even that bad, he got out of the first with a K (which was huge), he had a good 2nd and then Bochy lifted him when things got dicey in the third. ANY starter who was shaky was going to get yanked today, Timmy included…….

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm

He might carry all 5 but it would not be smart, nor would giving Zits another chance. It’s not just about one bad start, it’s about years of bad ones. And 8 base runners in less than three innings is BAD.What was huge was Bochy getting him out of there while we still had the lead. And again, you can’t count on the “Secret Weapon” having a lead. We hardly need Tim pitching down 4 runs and we don’t want him pitching instead of our top relievers either. He should start Game 2 of the NLCS, IMO.

• Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

whatever, our opinions don’t matter. He’ll either do it or he won’t. Let’s get there first and worry about it then. As it is, it’s not even an issue. They have to win tomorrow.

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Yeah, I figgered that out awhile ago, I’m being optiimistic about tomorrow’s game.

52. Bozo said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:27 pm

You know, the Giants might be facing another elimination game tomorrow, but now, so are the Reds.
    Nite all.

53. paulinasia said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:30 pm

History and statistics certainly favor Cincy in game 5, as a) the Reds didn’t lose 3 in a row at home all year, b) no team has ever lost the first 2 games and then swept the next 3 on the road, c) Cain hasn’t beaten the Reds in awhile, and d) Latos has beaten the Giants. Which of course means SF will prevail with flying colors. Craig, you more into it now? You were feeling decidedly lack-luster over the weekend…..

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Just a guess, but with the plethora of stats and records now, there are probably a couple dozen or more broken in every series. They don’t mean a lot…( Fill in the name) is the first with 2 stolen bases, 3 doubles, a sac fly, opposite field HR and food poisoning in an NLDS…

• paulinasia said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Yes, you’re right, which is exactly why I’m not a huge stats guy….. stats for everything. The only stat I would love to see broken tomorrow is Cain finally beating the Reds…..

• twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm

i do pay attention to stats but the stuff about not losing 3 in a row at home is not what I would call a stat. I’m sure we have a counter point of some kind.

54. Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I almost don’t care what happens tomorrow. Of course, I want us to win. But if we don’t, it’ll probably be for one of the reasons Paul cited above.
    What I’m most happy about is that we stood up and made a series of it. I was so proud of the way the team played today.
    And yes Paul, I am into it. When I got the text from Pawlie last night at soccer practice, that was the moment that I got into it.
    I haven’t had a feeling about how this series will go, how each game will unfold, and that’s one reason why I haven’t tossed out any predictions. But I think we are going to win tomorrow. I really do. But if we don’t, it’s not the end of the world.
    I do want another game past tomorrow, though. I want one more game with these guys (stealing from Hunter, but whatever)……..

55. paulinasia said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Yeah, weird this time, I also have had no sense (or the wrong sense) about how it all would go. Predictions are out the window in this one. Could easily see all of us being rather happy tomorrow, but also just as easily could see it being over and, as you say, it ain’t the end of the world. I really want the team to move on because it just felt like they weren’t even “there” those first two games, had generated little excitement or playoff fever. Winning game 5 would change all that, I think. Winning game 4 already did a bit.

• Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 8:54 pm

After getting 2 hit by Arroyo and no-hit by Bailey through 6 (or whatever it was) I was pissed. I felt like we hadn’t even shown up for the playoffs and that the Giants were being embarrassed in front of whatever national audience was able to tolerate tuning in to their boring, hitless, asses. So I dragged Katie and all our soccer gear and headed off to practice…..
      And then I got Pawlie’s text and didn’t really know what to make of it and couldn’t check because I was coaching……
      And then I found out we won.
      And then today happened.
      And now I’m patiently waiting for tomorrow’s game to unfold while I catch snippets of it on the radio at work which is so stupid I can’t even think straight. That game should be in prime time.
      But that’s the way it goes.

• tedspe said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Poetry, Flav

56. twinfan1 said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Well, our opinions may not matter, but we keep having them anyway, don’t we? I thought that was the idea.

• Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Totally. But it’s not even something I’m interested in debating much until it actually has a chance of happening. Even then, it’s not much of debate. Zito will be on the NLCS roster, I believe.

57. ChiPower said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Night before last I said I thought the Giants win game 3.

Yesterday morn, I said I had a good feeling about today’s game.

And I have a good feeling about tomorrow’s game, too. Sure, the odds are stacked against the Giants, but I just have this feeling.

I’m with you Flav…if they lose, no biggie, but I truly think they shock the baseball world and close it out with a win tomorrow.

58. chipower9 said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:06 pm

If we get through tomorrow I don’t think Zito makes the cut. But I do think Bochy will choose to carry 12 pitchers, again.

59. Flavor said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:21 pm

And one more time ’cause it feels so good to say….
    We score we win
    Night fellas

60. Nipper said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm

GO GIANTS! GO CAIN!

61. snarkk said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hey, now that the Gyros ha’ve gotten to the game #5, that was such a big IF Sunday night past, I want them to win the damn thing. I mean, kick Latos’ ass. It’s time to get greedy, none of this “glad we were here” stuff. It was time to be reticent and hopeful and deferential in game #3, and a little less in today’s game, but now, no more. The pressure is on Cincy. Just like it was on Texas when the A’s swept ’em at the end of the season. Yep, SF has proved that they’re worthy of going on, so let’s seal the deal and actually move onto the next round. I WILL be pissed if they lose tomorrow, so should everybody else here. Like I said in the 2010 playoffs, I’m bringing this back — Why the Fuck NOT the Giants?!!…

• tedspe said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Why the fuck not??!!

• chipower9 said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Why the Fuck NOT? Absolutely NO FUCKING REASON AT ALL!!!

GO GIANTS!

62. snarkk said, on October 10, 2012 at 9:54 pm

A’s get two runs so far in bottom of 9th to tie the game. Unfuckingreal…

63. snarkk said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:00 pm

A’s pulled it out and won, force game #5 with a walk off single, bottom 9th.
    Unfuckingbelievable!…

64. chipower9 said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Those Fucking A’s…I mean fucking A, they are amazing.

They DO need to lose the gay-ass white shoes, though.

65. ferrethead said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Yay A’s!!!

66. tedspe said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:18 pm

A’s? What is an A?

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Fuck the A’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m a Giants fan.

• chipower9 said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I’m a Giant fan too, Steve…but I am happy to see the A’s playing well, too.

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Sorry Chi, I can’t stand them . . . I especially can’t stand their fans that use to populate the Splash, e.g., fishhead, etc. They win the World Series again, we wont hear the end of it. No biggie if you like them, I say fuck ’em though.

67. blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I agree with snarkk that just being here is no way, no how enough. We come back from being 2 games down and that’s fucking enough? Sorry, they don’t win tomorrow, I will be monumentally pissed off and disappointed. These last two wins totally got me stoked, motivated and ratcheted up for this series. Just “being there” is for wusses.

I am all in and WE ARE GOING TO WIN TOMORROW – NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTTS ABOUT IT. Get on board Flappers, there’s plenty of room on this bus.

68. chipower9 said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:24 pm

On board the bus? I’m DRIVING the motherfucker!

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm

That’s what I want to hear . . . Right behind ya bro! 🙂

69. tedspe said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

• PawlieKokonuts said, on October 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

nice images; I didn’t realize he caught the basket catch so low, at least early in his career; love that baserunning

70. tedspe said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Goodnight, gentlemen (question mark)

• blade3colorado said, on October 10, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Nite Ted . . . Say yer prayers, especially the one for the Giants laying vengeance upon the Reds . . . You know the one from Pulp Fiction:

Ezekiel 25:17 – Pulp Fiction Quote
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

• Flavor said, on October 11, 2012 at 5:45 am

fucking love that quote and the movie.

71. TedSpe said, on October 11, 2012 at 7:14 am