A Place To Talk About Giants Baseball

It’s Wheeler Time! (Again)

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 17, 2013

We get to face our ol’ buddy Zack Wheeler today. Reading his name doesn’t make me cringe, in fact I feel absolutely nothing about him. He never did anything for the Giants other than act as currency which is how I view all minor leaguers until they actually make it to San Francisco. Of course, I wish Sabean had traded the underwhelming, underdeveloped, under-everything Gary Brown for Carlos Beltran back in the day. But it didn’t happen and at the time of the trade Sabean would have caught a huge amount of shizzle for parting with Brown > Wheeler. It is what it is, Wheeler is at the show and Brown is hitting .231 in Fresno and will likely never pan out as a major league hitter. I’ve accepted that.

Wheel’s is gonna go over the 100 inning pitch limit in today’s game (unless we ‘HunterPence’ his ass early on) and I would say that his numbers to date are close to what you might expect from him so early in his promising career. Of course, he already beat us earlier in SF back on July 10th so today’s game won’t have that little something ‘extra’ that it had back then. His SO/BB split is 81/40 across 95 innings. Not bad. Not dominant. He’ll likely cut down on those walks as he gets more experience. He’s given up 10 bombs. He’s gonna have to cut that number down, too.

Anyway, I don’t give a whit about Wheeler except that I hope the Giants pound him into the ground today…..

1. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:21 am

Nice thread, Flav. And I agree on Wheeler.

Pound It, Pound It, Pound It!

12 games left. One full game separating 3rd place and last in NL West. Those final three games against Dago could be pivotal in staying outta the cellar.

Damn what I would give to be in NY this week taking in as many games as possible. Of course, being in NY with the Giants in the middle of a pennant race would be better, but I still would love to be back there this week…maybe meet-up with some of the East coast Flapper contingent. That would be bad ass.

Let’s Go Giants!

2. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:29 am

Pitching match-ups against the Mutts:

Petit – Wheeler
    Cain – Harang. Hard to believe Cainer is sub .500 (8-9). Harang is 0-4 with 3 NDs in his last 7 starts.
    Bum – Niese

Against the Yank-Mees:
    Tim is slotted to start the series against the infamous TBD.
    Petit and Cain should finish the series against whoever the Yanks trot out there.

I’m calling for a 4-2 roadie. Get ‘er done, Giants!

• Bozo said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:02 am

I think Vogs is pitching Sat against the Yanks.

A 4-2 roadie would be great. Hope you’re right Chi.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

Yep…mental slip there…maybe that says something about how I feel in regards to Vogey’s last couple of starts (he has been snake bit in the 5th inning for what seems like eternity).

3. Alleykat said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:28 am

Would like to see Cain get 10 wins to join Bum,and Tim.Just a plus going into ST next year.

4. willedav said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:05 am

what do you guys think about Henry column today re: Belt to LF?
    Easier to pick up an FA/trade 1b?
    Posey to 1b full time, with Hector or someone else at C?
    If you re-sign Pence (which is gonna be expensive) and pick up pitching help (one SP, pen depth) is that enough?
    Funny how well SF does vs. division even in a down year compared to what they have done vs. everyone else. Any idea why?

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:31 am

I have not read the column…will check it out.

I think it a foregone conclusion that they sign Pence. The question is really the number of years and $$/year. I would love to see four with an option, but my guess is that Pence/his agent will want 5. He has said he wants to be here, so hopefully that translates into somewhat of a home town discount.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:26 am

Fucking TBD kicks our ass ALL THE TIME!

6. Flavor said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:46 am

I can’t see the Giants moving Belt to LF. It just wouldn’t make any sense. I understand there are more FA 1st basemen available but his defense is too valuable to take away from first base.
    Trading Romo for something an OF would make some sense but don’t forget he’s getting a pretty nice salary bump next year. Not everyone wants to pay a closer 5.5 mil, especially if he’s got dingy knees……

7. chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

I think Belt has the potential to be as good, if not better than the platoon they have been running in LF. As he said in Hank’s article, he doesn’t feel he would embarrass himself out there. And sure, regardless of who they might get to come in and play first in this scenario, it would probably be at least a slight drop-off defensively. But if that 1st baseman has some good pop, then I think you have to evaluate that possibility in the grand scheme of things. And it isn’t like they are talking about moving Belt to LF permanently. One way or another they need to add a bat, and the opportunities are either LF or 1B.

8. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:26 am

I’ve said all along, I don’t think Posey stops catching. And the hope is when Posey gets a day off from catching, it isn’t at 1st. The only way Belt plays left is if they keep doing that 1st base Posey platoon. I don;t like any of that shit. Get a LFer. Leave Belt at 1st.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:31 am

Me too. In fact, I said it again yesterday in response to a question that Kevin had.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:42 am

Clarification – the part about Belt playing LF I have no problem with if we can score the Cuban, Abreu and Belt is able to transition to left where he doesn’t make an ass of himself defensively. I actually think that his excellent set of wheels will make him a good LF eventually.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Chuck – when you said “The only way Belt plays left is if they keep doing that 1st base Posey platoon” I don’t agree. As was pointed out in Schulman’s article, the Giants are also exploring adding a bat via a 1st baseman (power hitting OFers are limited in this year’s FA class). Also, Belt played some OF in college, and has tinkered with it a bit here. As I stated earlier, I think he has potentail to be better than any of the platoons the Giants have trotted out there (better in the sense that you keep his bat in the line-up – and probably a dropoff in D as compared to Blanco, Perez, etc.). And who is not to say that if they do add a 1st baseman with pop, that he also is decent defensively.

9. SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:48 am

I’m not as numb to Wheeler as some of the rest of you are. I supported trading him, but it does make me a cringe a bit whenever I see him doing well and yes, it will bug me if he turns into a bonafide 15+ wins a year kind of guy.
    Chuck—any sign of my son? Last seen heading north and rumored to be heading in your direction at some point in time. Say hi to him for me—will ya?

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:52 am

this is an awesome post on many different levels.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:59 am

Yeah, I am hoping I get my own “San Dawg and unca_chuck” situation, where Paulinasia introduces me to one of his Chinese students and we live happily ever after. πŸ™‚

10. snarkk said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:49 am

The Belt to LF stuff, which we’ve covered here from many angles as well as Schulman’s late to the party stuff, comes from one thing. The Giants cannot, will not, or refuse to do what it takes to internally develop solid, MLB quality OFers. Regardless of the argument why that is, it is a fact for two decades. So, because of that failure, you may end up putting a superior defensive and potentially excellent hitting 1Bman, and at his height, essentially a dream, prototype 1Bman you can play there for a decade, into a different position that he can cover, but is a big misuse of his talent….

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Yeah, and we have rehashed the Giants not developing OFers until the cows come home. It is a fact…so what the hell to do to address it NOW. If the way to get another big stick in the lineup entails adding a 1st baseman with pop and moving Belt to LF (and again, I don’t think it would be an everyday thing…I think Belt would still get some cycles at 1B), then go for it.

My preference is a LFer with pop, and Belt stays at 1st, but if that dog ain’t gonna hunt (getting a LFer) then I think it is smart to look at all the angles/options.

11. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 11:48 am

Yup, Dawg. Took he and Allison out to dinner last niight to the Pyramid Brewery in the WC. Had a pitcher of their finest hefeweisen and some decent grub.

• SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 1:05 pm

That’s awesome! Thanks Chuck!

• unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm

You have a great kid there, Dawg. Funny thing was, when I saw you the other night, I was about 95% sure you were his dad. There’s definitely a resemblance . . .

12. twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 11:57 am

although it’s early, williamson was voted best power prospect by the managers in the cal league. he’s a legit prospect..as i’ve said, i’ve watched him on minor league tv. he’s big, belt-like speed, good arm, major power. and he improved the season went on. i think he has a *great* shot to be our lfer in 2015…
    wheeler was a high schooler not a college guy like timmy and madbum, so his minor league time was not as dominant as those guys but his first mlb year compares pretty well. while it’s reasonable to give sabean an ‘a’ for effort on beltran, the bottom line is still the result. and the mets have a 23 yr. old kid who would be our number 2 starter *now*.
    belt to left- horrible idea. yeah, let’s make 3 positions worse defensively permanently. like we have this stellar ‘d’ to begin with…i think they’ll sign pence or obtain another corner outfielder and let blanco and the kids fight out lf for 2014.
    btw- in that manager’s poll, by baseball america, crick was voted best pitching prospect in the cal league. gary brown did get some mention as fastest baserunner and best defensive ofer in the pcl by that league’s managers. crick has command issues but he’s a monster talent with a little nuke laloosh in him..
    and speaking of nuke, i’m with him ( in this case, regarding the ‘questforthird’)
    ‘I love winning man….I love winning it’s like…..better than losing.’
    late edit on belt-i haven’t read henry’s piece and little interest in doing so.. i’m referring to the dumbest of the possibilties raised- belt to left, posey to first, sanchez catching.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 12:10 pm

with that said about wheeler, *as a rule* we seem to do better against power pitchers. at least that’s my percerption or misperception. i’m not real freaked out about facing him. on the other hand, zito would probably win the cy every year if he could pitch against us exclusively…

• snarkk said, on September 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I’ll believe Williamson doing well in LF at ATT when I see it. Gary Brown was the golden boy 2 years ago. Now, he’s not even bronze…

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 12:49 pm

i understand. in fact, it’s pretty much a crapshoot with a major leaguer doing well there. but they like him and he impressed some pretty good baseball people. unless they could get pence *and* someone like jones, which i highly doubt, i think they’ll keep lf open to internal options, whether we like it or not. the only upside in moving belt to left is they can move him back…

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm

baseball america is well respected and their yearly polls are respected. obviously they don’t guarantee mlb success, but they do give reason to be optimistic about guys like williamson, crick, blackburn, and others. btw, the polls are done after the rankings that are now available. but, different strokes, etc, many fans have no interest at all in ‘prospects’ whatever the pedigree, until they’re bona fide major leaguers. some find the progress of the prospects interesting and sometimes exciting, good and not so good. i’m in the latter group.
        tonight:

1. Angel Pagan (S) CF

2. Gregor Blanco (L) LF

3. Brandon Belt (L) 1B

4. Buster Posey (R) C

5. Hunter Pence (R) RF

6. Pablo Sandoval (S) 3B

7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS

8. Tony Abreu (S) 2B

9. Yusmeiro Petit (R) P

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 1:51 pm

MadBum was drafted out of HS like Wheeler.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm

my bad, you’re correct, of course. and madbum did get here a bit quicker. the first season in the bigs was still comparable and wheeler would still be our two right now- behind madbum.
        btw, hello.

• chipower9 said, on September 17, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Ha…I am rarely correct…especially when it has to do with information you have provided. We may go around-and-around on some topics, but I do enjoy the interactions, and have learned a lot from you. Hope you are well, Twin.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:01 pm

i’ve made many more factual errors than i used to and i’m happy, in fact eager, to have them corrected. and as my late mother-in-law used to say, i’m as ‘good as can be’…thanks for asking.

13. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Jerry Seinfield is going to be in the Mets booth after the inning break . . . No idea he was a Mets fan (Maybe Costanza is the Yankee fan and Seinfeld is Mets????).

14. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Anyone know who the Mets pitching coach is? Dude looks like Mr. Sherman in a baseball uniform. πŸ™‚

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Dan Warthen.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:03 pm

TY Mac. You getting the Met’s feed I would imagine?

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Yes, at work watching what I can with the sound off.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Seinfeld is “on” . . . Very funny this evening.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:24 pm

You’re getting the Seinfeld ‘cast? I might have to watch Mets replay later just to hear him.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Yeah, 4th inning and he still is in the booth. Quite cool.

15. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Umm, that makes 5 BB for Mr. Wheeler. Please baseball Gods – KEEP HIM IN THERE.

16. Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Walking Pence and Pablo back to back might’ve been a telltale sign that Wheeler’s a little wild tonight.

17. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Love it. Crazy Horse keeping the inning going.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm

and a pretty discipined ab from petit. a *lot* of pitchers hit into a dp there.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Yes, I especially liked him protecting at 3-2 and getting the foul ball before the walk. Good eye.

18. twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:55 pm

belt got himself citi-fied. that looked and sounded *outta there*…

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Those 2 he’s hit will be HRs this weekend.

• SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:44 pm

“Citi-fied” I like that a lot. If they’re not using that on Met’s broadcasts, they need to start.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm

thank you. if i coined that, i’d be amazed. but until evidence of prior usage is verified, i’ll accept credit πŸ˜‰

19. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Regardless of the walks, Wheeler doesn’t have it. That long out to center and the one earlier to right, along with Pagan’s hit, all were hard hit and show he’s not fooling anyone.

20. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Question – Did Keith Hernandez get caught up in the cocaine and excessive partying when he was with the Mets? He is sort of stammering a bit after Seinfeld brought up training in Hernandez’s era vs. today’s players. Not certain, but I seem to recall him partying along with Gooden, Strawberry, etc.

• SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Hell yes, he did!

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Ahh. Now the stuttering and stammering makes sense. πŸ™‚

21. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm

FUCK! What the hell was that??????????

22. Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm

And there’s our defending champion Giants.

23. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:38 pm

That rundown was anything, but text book. Major fuck up.

24. zumiee said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:40 pm

It’s surreal to me to hear Krukow talking about Kuiper being a potential Hall of Fame broadcaster right now. Maybe in about 15 years or so. Maybe.

• SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Are you serious? My Respect-o-Meter rating for Krukow just went down a few notches—and it wasn’t exactly sky high to begin with.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:54 pm

San Dawg, did you ever hear (or remember) Hank Greenwald when he was with the Giants? I loved that guy and he had a wry sense of humor that could also be used to criticize the Giants that in my mind was second to none. He rarely played the “homer” role and that’s one of the reasons I loved him as a broadcaster.

• SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I liked Greenwald Blade. It’s not fair, but I think the quality of some of the teams he called kind of sours my recollection of how much I liked him. I still think we are super lucky to have Miller and Flem who I think are both outstanding.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Fair assessment. He covered some putrid Giants teams back then. His dour low key style was probably perfect for those crapola seasons.

25. twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:45 pm

well, the giants and comcast are campaigning to have kuiper on the ford c. frick award ballot. kruk really has to join in.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Mike, I lost all respect for that award when Tracy Fucking Ringolsby got it a few years ago. Biggest homer broadcaster I have ever seen in my life.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:57 pm

well, i’m not campaigning for kuip, the team and comcast are. kruk isn’t going to not go along when it’s his partner involved. kuip may make the ballot but i doubt he gets in.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:02 pm

You guys know more about Kuip and Kruk than I do, so no real opinion on either of them.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:05 pm

looking at some of the 41 who made the initial cut last year makes kuip look like vin scully. joe angel? omg. *fosse*.. i’m talking to the terlet on that one…

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:07 pm

LOL . . . Good one Mike.

26. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Speaking of surreal, it’s pathetic that we are behind in this game . . . Wheeler is pitching like he’s still in rookie ball. Inexcusable, that the Giants gave up the lead.

27. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:06 pm

In many ways, the Mets Duda is Belt prior to Belt having his epiphany on hitting. In fact, I think it got so bad for Duda earlier this season, that they sent him down to the minors (albeit, it may have been last season that this happened . . . Mac would know for certain).

28. twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:16 pm

enjoy the rest of the game. i’m going to assume my default supine position for the rest of it…

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Fortunately, they are playing in Citi Field, so you don’t have to replace the ball dude after the 7th inning stretch. πŸ™‚

29. SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Every time Fosse’s name comes up on this blog, he gets absolutely roasted for his broadcasting abilities. I think even guys like Willie, who can be much slower than many of us to pull the “criticize” trigger, have blasted Fosse. I gotta say I don’ t mind the guy. If the broadcaster comes across as someone you could run into in a bar and have a pleasant, unpretentious conversation with—that scores a lot of points with me. Fosse comes across to me like a cool, down to earth dude. The fact that I used to have his baseball cards and he was popular in my prime kid years following MLB probably plays into it too.
    Al Michaels and Bob Costas are great announcers, but I do not get a down-to-earth vibe from either one of them. More of a “I’m the smartest and funniest guy in the room—and I know it” vibe. Just from the short clips I’ve seen over the years and since interacting with Twin, I’d rather have beers with Ray Scott any day.

• twinfan1 said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm

you caught me on the way down- nice, dawg, thanks. in fact, when my dad and brother had ‘ray scott’s restaurant’ by the metrodome, they had a promotion to come in for a (complimentary) ‘bump and a beer with ray’. it was one of their many promotions ingeniuosly designed to bankrupt them.

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Can’t stand Al Michaels for the reasons you cite Peter. Different take on Costas. I actually like him because his love of baseball is genuine.

30. SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Crazy Horse!

31. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Pagone!

32. SanDawg said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I’m gonna trust you guys to safely get this game in the barn, while I head off to play tennis with Tang. Tang is a trip cuz he doesn’t want to play actual games, but he rallies like every exchange is the 5th set at Wimbledon. Pisses me off on one hand, cuz my serve is way better than his—and we never serve in his version of “playing tennis.” On top of that, he is more in the “Blade” fitness category, while I’m in the “Edgar Alfonso while playing for the Giants” category. On the other hand, it is a helluva workout and he definitely gives my groundstrokes a major tune-up, while keeping me humble while carving me up like a Christmas turkey every time I charge the net.
    Catch y’all later!

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:43 pm

You guys are too kind . . . Ironically, I hate to work out, but I hate being fat worse and I love to eat. Enjoy Dawg. πŸ™‚

33. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 6:44 pm

OK, so Twin is sleeping; Peter is playing tennis; no idea where Zumiee disappeared to; Mac may be watching, but he has the sound turned off; and the rest of the Flappers are doing what????????????

34. Alleykat said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Alright Abreu!!
    Smokin linedrive double!!!
    Insurance run!!

35. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Pagone again!

36. Alleykat said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Stick it to your former team Angel!!!
    Yowzer!!

37. blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Mets announcers are showering Pagan with praises about his time in New York. Specific incidents mentioned about him doing things for the troops. Called one of the “good guys” during his time in New York. Which really confuses me because of the negative stuff said about him prior to him coming to SF. All BS rumors as far as I am concerned.

• Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Funny, a Mets fan at work just reminded me of a game when Pagan “went MIA during an at-bat because he had to use the facilities.”

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:23 pm

When ya have to go . . . ya have to go.

38. Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:22 pm

And we’re getting no help at all from the Pirates!

• blade3colorado said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:28 pm

And Arizona is getting killed by the Bums. Kicking myself for picking up Corbin on the waiver wire.

39. Alleykat said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Im slamming some drinks down Blade,at one of my watering hole.
    Life is good watching ,”The World Champion Giants” kick some major booty!!
    Uh cause technically the world could end tomorrow and we would still #1.

• Alleykat said, on September 17, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Be #1
      Damm im more hammered then the Mets are getting!

• blade3colorado said, on September 18, 2013 at 6:56 am

Hope you got home ok. πŸ˜‰

40. Macdog said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:08 pm

And as the Mets announcers say, “Put it in the books!” (radio) or “And the ballgame is over!” (TV).

41. Bozo said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Whew. Put it in the Win column.

On Wheeler, I just pretend we traded him for Pagan, it works for me.

42. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Comcast has been freaking out and I have to watch in the room no one uses . . huddled in the corner. Missed what happened to Rosario.

• Flavor said, on September 17, 2013 at 8:37 pm

“the room no one uses”, that sounds ominous. Is it a basement? Any discarded clown costumes down there? “The Room No One Uses”…until it uses you. And you’re dead.

43. zumiee said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:40 pm

The Rosario thing was kind of weird, in that Krukow said he’s been struggling with pain in his hip, and they put him out there anyway. He proceeds to walk the only batter he faced, and then leaves the game with pain in his hip.
    I don’t get it. I guess he told them he was feeling fine before the game. The manager trusted the player. It’s hard to know sometimes.

44. zumiee said, on September 17, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Not to pick on Krukow, but……once again he said Romo’s had a “stellar” and “great” season, with a 4-7 record. Romo then almost blew tonight’s game. For what a closer has to do, I’ll say he’s had a pretty good season, but that’s about it. He’s not an elite closer this season.

• unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Thanks Zumie. More of the wonder medical staff at work.

45. unca_chuck said, on September 17, 2013 at 10:32 pm

A’s trying to win inthe bottom of the 9th. I’ve watch 1/2 an inning. The most I’ve seen of the A’s all year. Bases loadedn one out. See how they fare.