LA(me) In Town for Three Games

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 21, 2015

I’m not so sure that playing the Dodgers is what this team needs right now. But at least we got the day off that everyone has been fretting so hard. I don’t buy the desperate need for the day off but we’ll see what happens, right?

At least we don’t have to face Kershaw right out the shoot. But really, what pitcher DOESN’T shut us down these days?

Gonna need to see a competitive effort tonight before I feel like this team has a realistic chance to win a game in this series…..

_________________________

I enjoy looking at the evolution of the ring pics to the right of the blog. It goes from Timmy showing off the first one to the group sticking the ring out there saying “that’s right beatches! 2 in 3!” to Bumgarner giving his expected understated pose. All 3 pics are perfect.

_________________________

also, I think Bryan Price might need some anger management classes. lqtm. Or medication. Or both. What an embarrassment he is to the Reds.

1. wilcojoe said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:55 am

Thanks for the info on Bleacher Report, Blade. I had no idea how successful they had become…Flav, I had to laugh when I read about your missed opportunity to team with BR. Reminds me of my biggest career regret. Not long after I began my career out of college with a major auto insurance company, I took a call from a headhunter to interview with a startup carrier who was headquartered in San Francisco. I was two years out of college and they offered to fly me to Dallas to interview, so I said “why the hell not.” Long story short, I really liked the younger aged guys I met with but just wasn’t convinced that a company that relied on the this thing called the internet to sell insurance would be the right place to go. In all honesty, I would have accepted the offer, which would have gotten me back to California, if not for the fact that I was about to get married later thar year. I regretfully turned down their offer.
    Two years later, I was sitting at home in Austin watching a Giants game when the camera panned to an Esurance private suite. Two of the guys they showed were the CEO and CFO that I had met with in Dallas. I think I ended up throwing my remote at the TV in disgust. A year later Esurance was purchased by Allstate. Both those guys, who I would have had reported to, cashed their stock options and are now retired. I still get sick to my stomach every time I see an Esurance ad.

• Flavor said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:58 am

that’s an awesome story and I wish I’d been in the room to see you throw the remote at the tv. Hilarious. Did you hit the tv square? Glancing blow? Or did it just land harmlessly on a nearby rug? I’d imagine that it’s pretty tough to really get behind a hard throw in that situation.

• wilcojoe said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:30 am

My better instincts took over (unlike my career choice) and I intentionally went with a high release point, thereby hitting the wall instead. πŸ˜‰

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:29 am

Great story WJ . . . Reminded me of a work opportunity I had when I was in my mid-20s, while working as a fire inspector for the Federal Government (NASA and Navy at Moffett Field). I had put in applications for similar positions in Europe, Asia, Bermuda, etc., where the Feds had military installations. Fast forward a year later, I get contacted by our HR department. Unusual, only because it was from the HR Director and not a specialist. Why her? Well, she explained that they had a job offer for me that a HR Specialist had misplaced for the last few weeks. In effect, it was buried in a pile on the specialist’s desk.

The Director apologized profusely, but said I still had that day (Friday) to decide whether I would take the position. I asked where the job was located? She said the Azores islands. WTF? This is prior to the internet, so I had no fucking idea where the Azores was or what type of place it was. The only thing I had was a dictionary, which gave me bare bones information. Basically saying something to the effect, “Group of remote islands located off the coast of Portugal, subject to frequent earthquakes.” Key words were remote and earthquakes and being in my 20s, I just assumed the night life would be ZERO. Umm . . . not this kid.

Anyway, I turned down the position and after work, I went to my Mom’s house, where she had my encyclopedias. I found out the Azores was a frickin’ resort, with plenty of women, fantastic night clubs, great beaches, etc., etc. Man, I was pissed. Not really a career regret, as things turned out all right a couple of years later, when I transitioned to a high paying job in the occupational safety and health field. However, at the time – I really thought I had blew it. LOL. πŸ™‚

• chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:52 am

Good one, Steve. There is a common saying that everything happens for a reason…

• chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:48 am

That story is money (pun intended), Wilco. Fucking hilarious.

2. willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:14 am

I think there is some truth to what Paul said end of last night thread, so maybe taking the field against the blue team will fire guys up some. Might be just what they need.
    LA is still missing Ryu and Jansen and have been winning without Puig lately too. See how long that lasts.
    Hope Susac gets a start this week, Petit too on Thursday.

NO gave Dubs good game last night, but… Dubs missed a bunch of easy ones inside,Gordon and Cole were lights out from 3, Curry had off night from distance and took some dumb shots, Davis was superb at both ends and it still wasn’t enough. Just not enough talent there, yet, to match GS depth.

Hope kids watching made note of Thompson’s midrange game and ability to come off screens and hit shots from 15-20 ft.
    Also Steph’s stop n go move where he pulls up then dribbles in place a couple times before he drops inside shoulder and goes right to the rack with off hand finish (right hand shot from left side).

3. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:29 am

Yeah. My take is this is the real start of the season and the boys start playing now.

Until otherwise determined.

4. Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:12 am

Great ring photo, Flav. Looking forward to the 2014 flag.

• chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:50 am

I have some shots of the 2014 flag going up the pole. Need to download again (first ones I sent to Flav were too small). I also have a distance shot of Madison handing off the flag, from horseback, to the other members of the “Original Eight.”

5. eddacker said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:46 am

Go Gigantes!
    Interesting take from Kuip this am in reporting that the doggers are pulling Greinke and pitching a rook against the Gmen. Puig has a hammy that may keep him out. And crowd fav Timmeh has a new haircut to go with his consistent 6+ innings of low scoring ball (magic8ball). Also looks like no Belt tonight with Susac catching and Maxwell in LF.
    Sabean may look a bit fat and happy but my man Bruce is in lean trim fighting form.
    Go Gigantes!

6. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:50 am

RIP Bob St. Clair, who played his high school, nearly all of his college and all of his professional football in the same home venue, Kezar Stadium. After Kezar Stadium was demolished and rebuilt in 2001, the field was renamed Bob St. Clair Field in his honor.

• Flavor said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:52 am

my step dad knew him well. He gave me a signed Bob St Clair pic once. I still have it somewhere.

• Jon R. Weeks said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I saw him play many times at old Kezar….Also Y.A. Tittle and Joe Perry.

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Very cool Jon. My uncle Paul (who has since passed away) was a big Niner fan and attended most of the games at Kezar and all of them at the ‘stick.

7. chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:13 am

Great read from BR last night, Blade. Thanks for sharing. And Flavor, your story about passing on writing with them (BR) is pretty damned funny. But if that would have been at the expense of this blog continuing, then my greedy selfish self is happy as hell that you made that decision.

Zumiee had mentioned not much immediate help in the minors. I think there is “potential” for some help out of Sacto, but I don’t see the guys getting a call until rosters expand.

Duvall recently hit for the cycle, and his HR shot was a monster shot of over 450′ that hit it on top of the concession stand in CF. Supposedly Nelson Cruz hit one OVER that concession stand in the past.

Here is the link from KNBR…I could not get the video feed to come through…hopefully it does, and it is just our network blocking software here at work.

Both Duvall and Jarrett Parker are killing it in Sactown each leading the team with 4 HRs and an OPS over 1.xx. So, there is some guys who could “maybe” provide a spark. Also, I still feel that Strickland is going to be a big piece at some point.

Also agree that maybe the bumbinos provide a kick in the pants that our boys need. Maybe this gets the competitive fire going. Realistically, I will be happy if they take one of three.

Dubs gritted out a great win last night. Contributions all around, as you come to expect from these guys, but Barbosa was great in the 2nd Q when the starters were struggling. Now time to go take a couple in the Crescent City! GO DUBS!

8. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:24 am

The word on the radio this morning was the the dodgers were planning to call up a minor league pitcher to start in place of Greinke who will move back so he can pitch to the Padres instead of the Giants. A pitcher the Giants haven’t seen? Not sure if that is good or bad.

9. Flavor said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:27 am

Jenifer Langosch ‏@LangoschMLB 35m35 minutes ago
    #stlcards have designated OF Gary Brown for assignment to clear room on the 40-man roster for RHP Mitch Harris.

• willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:49 am

I saw Grichuk went on the DL but they called up some IF to take his place. Not a good sign.
      In the book about minors I read, one of the mgrs. had a sign up that said, “If you don’t like it here, play better.”

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:41 am

I just saw video of the woman in Pittsburg getting hit in the head by a foul ball. WTF? Is there no screen at all there? It’s not like she was 20 rows back.

• wilcojoe said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:00 pm

I just saw it too. It appeared she was standing with her back directly to the action, when the ball hit the net and the impact caused the net to flex back, with the ball hitting her in the back of the head. Don’t most teams have plastic running up that spot, before it turns to netting? Either way, I can’t see how the Pirates won’t be liable for this one. I hope she doesn’t pull a Kramer and settle for free Pirate tickets for life.

• Jon R. Weeks said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:19 pm

She is out of the hospital and doing OK

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Yeah, the vid I saw it was hard to tell about the netting. I don’t know why you would turn your back on live action but I don’t think that puts her at fault. Good to hear she is released form the hospital.

11. pawliekokonuts said, on April 21, 2015 at 11:18 am

Can’t say I’m up for a late night of baseball voyeurism, especially of the S&M variety playing L.A. (I’ve said that before and stayed up. An 8-0 early lead wouldn’t be bad.)

12. chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Not sure if you all have seen these shots from the ring ceremony, compiments of CSNBA. Love the one with Bum’s WS ring while holding his hat across his heart during the Star Spangled Banner, and speaking of, it was so cool that Flannery sang the anthem…

13. chipower9 said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:30 pm

RE: Price’s tirade…heard it on KNBR this morn…with 77 F-bombs, it was mostly bleeps. Sounds like he went to the Tommy Lasagna/Leo Durocher School of Tirades.

14. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:35 pm

One on one interview with new GM, Bobby Evans, where he talks about the losing streak and what he is going to do about it. Not much information. Besides, what’s he going to say? “We surrender.” lqtm.

15. zumiee said, on April 21, 2015 at 12:59 pm

It’s interesting (to me) how players are perceived by their own fans, as opposed to how they are perceived by fans of other teams. Red Sox fans think of “Big Papi” Ortiz as a jovial fun-loving guy, whereas he always seems surly and scowling, to me. Red Sox fans would probably be surprised at how I’m missing the charm of Big Papi.

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 1:10 pm

I’ll go a step further . . . He seems like an asshole to me, e.g., his indignation regarding his confirmed steroid use in 2003 – was way over the top (indicating to me that he should lower his dosage).

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I’ve never had an opinion either way on Ortiz. Sandoval ending up in Boston put a whole new spin on Ortiz’s World Series media act though.

• wilcojoe said, on April 21, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Absolutely. Papi obviously accepted commentary duty for FOX just so he could begin the recruiting process for Boston. He certianly wasn’t hired for his stellar insight.

16. Flavor said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:00 pm

heard the Bryan Price tirade on KNBR coming home from work. What a dipshit. He keeps asking the reporter how this helps the Reds? Fuck him, the reporter is there to report news. If Price didn’t want the news shared all he has to do is talk about it off the record. And if his players are disclosing info he didn’t want out there he needs to tell them to STFU. Price is just completely out of touch and needs to go manager a team back in time , maybe around 1977.

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:14 pm

He’s no Tommy Lasorda. A real pro is more creative, inserting the offending word within, between, before, and after syllables.

• Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm

LOL. I work with a few guys like that.

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:45 pm

I think the beeped version, the Bowdlerized version, takes away from the realism. Is there an unbeeped version, as there is for the Lasorda archives?

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 21, 2015 at 6:46 pm

He is whiny and does not understand the dynamic with the press. STFU, Price.

17. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:22 pm

That went from bad to good in a hurry. The game that is.

18. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Huh. So did the 2nd inning,

19. Paul Sorensen said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:37 pm

It’s just one at bat, and it’s only the 1st inning, but right there is perhaps a bit of a microcosm of one of the team’s biggest problems early in this young season: lead off hitter gets on, steals himself into scoring position, and then stays there. Say what you will about Aoki, but an OBP of over .400 (and Pagan’s is pretty good too) means they’re getting on base at the top of the order. Posey has just flat out sucked (as has Belt); really missing Pence, no surprise there. Unfortunately, sounds like Pence is still weeks away, so they’d best figure it out now, because waiting for Pence and hoping for the best might not be enough.

20. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Whoa! Nice bunt Craw!

21. Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Triple and a bunt for a run. I like it.

22. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:45 pm

We love bunts around here, don’t we?

23. unca_chuck said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Sheist. If Timmy gets out of this, he’s got nothing on Houdini.

• Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Introducing, Timmy Houdini.

24. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Why didn’t dumbo Puig say anything about the catcher’s interference? Did he just want to hit rather than take first?

25. Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm

He did complain and Two steps did too but the ump said it wasn’t reviewable.

• djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:00 pm

I didn’t see Puig say anything till 2x asked him. Did he?

• Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I thought he did but I could be wrong. It looked to me like he asked but just shrugged it off when the ump said no. When Donny came out, Puig just nodded a lot.

26. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Did they give Bonds any WS rings like they did Mays, etc?

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Was he part of the ceremony?

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Only a new baca lounger.

27. dirtnrocksnomo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Man, who wins a foot race Posey or Panik? Kelly sure positions himself weird as 3b coach.

28. willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Posey with a rbi followed by buzzkill with the GIDP. Arrgghh!

• Paul Sorensen said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Buzzkill, is that your new nickname for McGiggles? I like it… πŸ™‚

29. willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Nice payback tho.

30. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Chance for Timmy to juice this team up a little…

31. Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:21 pm

The Maxwell, Craw combo is clicking.

32. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm

What a horrific play by Gonzalez.

33. willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm

line drive rbi in the scorebook.

34. Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Small ball is getting smaller. Fuck it, If it works, I like it.

35. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Is this what they call a rally?

36. djloo27 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Mattingly was never this grouchy as a Yankee…

• giants54 said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Getting more grouchy was one of the agreements in his new contract.

37. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:27 pm

We scored runs!

38. Irish Kevin said, on April 21, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Hey this is kinda fun to watch. 😎😎

39. sfsarge said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Sarge is at the game and we’re winning. Let’s nail this thing down!

• Irish Kevin said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Excellent

40. xoot said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:18 pm

That last glove-flip DP was another masterpiece. Those two play really well together.

• Bozo said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Agreed Xoot, another beauty for sure. As they continue to play together, they just seem to be getting better and better.

41. Irish Kevin said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:23 pm

For those of you who did not go to the Ring Game, at the River Cats game on May 1st they are giving away 5000 replica WS rings. Friday night game 7:15 game time.

• giants54 said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:37 pm

Might have to get there at 7 am.

42. sandog said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:29 pm

So far, so good. Sarge, take us home!

43. Paul Sorensen said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Sure seems like (even if it’s not true) there have been a lot of 4-1 games this season so far, both wins and losses. As long as the Giants keep havin’ the 4 more often than not, I’m fine with that.

44. giants54 said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Screw you commish. We luv the shift.

45. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Besides the timely hitting, Lincecum’s performance is encouraging. Especially so, coming from a team not named the Padres. Yeah, he did walk 3 and was bailed out a few times with double plays, but overall, he pitched well.

46. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Maxwell – punctuation point. Oh yeah!

• wilcojoe said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Maxwell just needs 17 more dingers to make my outrageous prediction come true.

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:14 pm

18 bombs?

• snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:22 pm

He may have 18 GIDPs by end-May…

47. Macdog said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Maxwell’s house!

• snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Good to the last pop!…

48. snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Timmeh!…

49. mannyman46 said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Maxwell’s sliver bat came down on their fucking head.

50. blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:06 pm

Tonight’s beat down of the Bums makes up for the 2 weeks of futility IMO.

• Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:08 pm

It sure doesn’t hurt, blade. Beating the Dodgers feels about 10 times better than beating anyone else. I’m sure AT&T is rocking.

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Games like this can be a catalyst for good things to come . . . or not. lqtm.

51. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:07 pm

A veritable offensive explosion! I like it! Save some for Kershaw manana!!

52. willedav said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Good for him, nice hustling grab against the wall and then a bomb.
    Ugly night for LA.
    Big one tomorrow Bum and Opie for the heavyweight title of left coast.

53. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Best played game of the year so far?

• blade3colorado said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Yep.

54. snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:18 pm

McGehee is not endearing himself to Giants fans on his crap defense so far, or on hitting into DPs…

• snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Yowsah, he finally made a play…

• Jon R. Weeks said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:56 pm

Put Duffy at third……

55. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Got a little hairy there at the end, but we’ll take it.

56. snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Amazing what a home run now and then will do for you. And, why is Maxwell not playing more?…

57. Paul Sorensen said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Earlier in this thread, Ed mentioned Mattingly opting to save Greinke for the Padres and pitch an unknown against the G’s on Thursday. That indicates to me that up until now, LA is viewing the Pads as their biggest competitor in the division; afterall, Greinke against SF has been an automatic W for LA. I wonder if the Dogs might be reading too much of their own local newspaper: LA Times had a story today about how the Giants absolutely suck. Couldn’t have argued much with that…. up until today. Call me crazy, but I’m feeling an incredibly timely sweep….

58. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:28 pm

He probably will be now!

59. snarkk said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:31 pm

Timmeh: (now at an ERA of 2.0 for the year)
    6 IP
    5 hits
    3 walks
    5 Ks
    1 earned run given up
    I’d take that line every game…

60. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:33 pm

There’s a big difference between sucking right now and just sucking as a team. Clearly, to me, the Giants are the former. I didn’t read the Times article, but being an L.A. rag I’m sure they painted them as the latter. Screw ’em. I don’t think the Giants suck as a team because we haven’t even seen the team as it was conceived by Sabean in the off season. Once Cain and Pence get back and once Bum gets on track, things will start looking up. Tonight was a good sign for the offense. Facing Kershaw is no elixir, but let’s see what happens.

Besides, the Giants like being overlooked. Like a snake in the grass, watch where you step.

61. Lurker John said, on April 21, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Tonight the G’s looked like the champs they are, always putting pressure on the defense, scoring any way the can. They won a World Series doing that last year,

62. zumiee said, on April 22, 2015 at 12:24 am

Great game. That’s the kind of Giants baseball that won the 3 in 5.

• blade3colorado said, on April 22, 2015 at 6:34 am

The man with no name knowing dude nod. Who knew?

• willedav said, on April 22, 2015 at 7:10 am

Zum that’s a good one. Minus Ryu (and Jansen) LA pitching staff isn’t going to scare anyone. Throw in couple miscues on the IF and some DPs turned by SF and good D over all, a great night. Add in not being able to score more than once off Lincecum even with Puig back in LU.

Maybe SF bench isn’t as sucky as advertised either. I like Susac a lot, add in Duffy and Maxwell plus Blanco going back to non starter role once Pence gets back. That means some speed and defense plus RH pop.
      Only ? would be, what happens to roster once Ishi (another ? mark maybe) and Pence/Cain do return?

• Lurker John said, on April 22, 2015 at 8:23 am

Awesome, zum.

• Lurker John said, on April 22, 2015 at 8:30 am

The picture I mean! Hit the wrong reply button!

63. unca_chuck said, on April 22, 2015 at 7:22 am

The announcers are coming all over Timmy, but he still seems wild and spacey out there. He did get out of trouble, but walking the pitcher? Walking the 8? ZLA helped him a lot. Krakow is going back to 2012 in Timmy comparisons, but that don’t fly. I’m glad he’s doing well so far, but he still has me worried.

64. chipower9 said, on April 22, 2015 at 7:59 am

Saaaaweeeeeeeeet! I had HOPED for one win in this series…and anything else would be pure gravy. Uh, yes…I would love some home made black powder buttermilk biscuits with that gravy.

But seriously, after last night (and hard to base much on one game when there has been so much sucktitude), I do think our boys have a good chance at taking the series.

Sweep? Well, let’s let Big Country dispose of Opie first, and then we’ll talk. But that one game sure helped. It may only reflect a game in the standings, but it sure feels like a hell of a lot more than that! But beating the bums always is extra sweet.

65. Lurker John said, on April 22, 2015 at 8:30 am

Maxwell absolutely clocked that 97 mph heater last night. You don’t see many hit that deep into the tunnel. Perfect sound coming off the bat. I love his quote after the game:

“That’s why you play baseball,” said Maxwell, whose homer was his first in the Majors since Sept. 22, 2013, for Kansas City against Texas. “There’s no better feeling than squaring up a baseball. I think it’s the best feeling in sports, to be honest with you.”

Remember when you were a kid playing pick up ball with your friends and you squared one up? He’s right, it is the best feeling in sports.

You want more playing time? That’s what you do; flash the leather and come up with a couple of huge hits. With Opie on the hill tonight I’m pretty sure he’ll be in there again.

66. zumiee said, on April 22, 2015 at 9:20 am

Devil his due:
    Puig applauding Maxwell, for the catch, or for not being seriously injured, or both.
    A classy move, and maybe the Puig-ster is starting to show a little maturity. Maybe.

67. Flavor said, on April 22, 2015 at 10:02 am