Being a Dodger Fan Would Suck

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on June 27, 2016

If you’re ever hit with great angst about the Giants not scoring 4.2 runs a game or the bullpen sucking or whatever, go read the 2 posts from Dodger fans that Zumiee re-posted last night. That’ll give you some perspective on being let down as a sports fan. If that doesn’t work, go listen to “18 and Life” by Skid Row. No real reason, that song just happens to be playing in the background as I type this. Although Rickey, man, kid never had a chance, did he? lqtm…..

Count me in the camp of NOT wanting to see the A’s right now. Inter-league is lame and a time that has passed itself by. And while the A’s might be the worst team in the league they are also the type of team who can cause you problems. For additional reference, please see: the Phillies this past weekend……

So let’s not sink down to the level of Beane’s half-sunk ship. Step on the throat of these fucks and stomp the piss out of them. Don’t give them any reason to think they’re in this…….

Here are the last names of the 4 SP’s we are facing this series: Mengden, Graveman, Manaea, Overton…..

I don’t want to hear any bullshit from Krukow about the Giants “not having a book” on any of these guys. Read the scouting report. They’ll all young guys with talent who aren’t ready to be regularly productive mlb starting pitchers.

STPOOT (stomp the piss out of them)

1. willedav said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:20 am

Dodgers FO sure left a lot on Roberts the rook mgr plate to figure out.
    Who wins non Kershaw start? Which crummy OFs does he start, even after releasing a few? After the mirage of 2015 Grandal, when will one of his Cs get above the Mendoza line and stay there? How close is Utley (now hitting .260) to gold watch territory?
    How exactly to bridge end of SP innings to get to Jansen?
    And most importantly, what happened to that Giants June Swoon thing? Is that some myth like El Nino ending the drought?

2. willedav said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:39 am

YES, heading of thread sure is right, tho in different way from being an A’s fan. Sure the new SPs are type of guys who traditionally give Giants hitters fits, but since SF has rather unconventional LUs themselves maybe that turns around. Like to get a look at the Mengden kid from Houston area who has been doing well.

Otherwise, the A’s are an awful defensive team and don’t hit much either. They’ve shuffled closers and had Surkamp in the rotation. Giants should take them to the woodshed but we all know baseball doesn’t often work out like that and of course A’s would love to spoil Giants run of success.

As a replacement for Fosse they sometimes use M Mulder on TV and he’s actually pretty good. The other Kuiper bugs me. Shame that the great D Callahan is reduced to being PA guy where so few can hear him.

• Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:44 am

“and THAT baby’s gone!” has got to go. Duane’s bro is 10 X worse than he is at everything.

3. Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:46 am

I agree, if we have to play the A’s then STPOOT!

Even with all their whiz kid GMs, the Dodger seem to be moving in the wrong direction, their fans are like that couple in Planes, Trains and Automobiles, screaming “You’re going the wrong way”. Gotta love it.
    The Phillies on the other hand, look to be a good young team that will be doing some damage in the next few years. It’ll be interesting to see what they do when Ryan Howard comes off the books.

“To make matters much worse, the Giants are awesome. Kicking ass and taking names in their freakish even year bullshit. ” – Loved this quote from noted Steve Garvey fan, myplane150

Here’s to our beloved freakish even year bullshit.

4. willedav said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:48 am

Flav, fwiw rare banner offensive day yesterday across basebal too, ton of HRs hit (over 50 I think, very rare) and almost as many runs scored as Saturday (about 150 which is a lot).
    Read Stratton hurt himself running out a hit, unfortunate. Pitchers as athletes, wow.
    Zum thx for finding those Dodger rants, reading those always a hoot.

• Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:53 am

I know. But even with that, 8 of the games went under. I’m telling you, keep an eye on the Sun scores. They almost always lean to the under. Not sure why. Getaway day? Hungover? There’s gotta be a reason.

5. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:23 am

The final game in the Dodgers/Pirates series starts in a few minutes on the MLB Network. A rare Monday day game.

• Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:27 am

The Pirates should have made this a night game, since that’s what the damn Dodgers do to every team that plays a weekday getaway game at the Latrine.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:35 am

Good point.

6. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:23 am

Those are some epic rants by those Dodgers fans, thanks Zum.

I usually dread these games, even more so with all the Giants’ success and now during a season in which both teams are moving in opposite directions. There’s almost nothing to gain for the Giants, like the big college team deigning to play nearby local small school. Win, and that’s what they’re supposed to do, beat up on the annoying little cousin across the bay. But lose, and it’s those plucky, gritty, penny-pinching A’s putting one over the big-budget Giants. And I have no doubt the A’s get jacked up for these games, probably the only time all season they get to play in front of big crowds for four straight nights. I’ll be happy with a split.

• bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:46 am

Btw, Mac … my “Cole” Gillaspie reference yesterday was to the fact that the Phillies announcers were repeatedly calling our Connor G. by that name … 3 games straight … Phucking Dummies!

• Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:03 am

Did they really? That’s pretty funny.

• bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:36 am

Yep, they sure did … and I’m pretty I wasn’t the only Flapper that mentioned that somewhere along the way.

Also, good point about the the A’s playing in front of a big crowd for a change … You’re right, that will probably motivate them a bit more than usual, especially because they are still sort of at ‘home’.

7. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:42 am

Count me amongst the Flappers who never feel comfortable about this “geographical rivalry” series with the A’s. I’ve never bought into MLB’s geographical rivalry series concept.

8. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:44 am

Wow, Pirates get a force-out the hard way. Hey, wake up, Pirates. Ballgame going on.

9. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:50 am

Hurdle has the jaw muscles of a bulldog, chewing that giant wad of gum every game.

• Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:12 am

lol

10. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:55 am

“As a replacement for Fosse they sometimes use M Mulder on TV and he’s actually pretty good.”

I agree, Willie. He’s a big step-up from Fosse.

11. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:05 am

Skid Row. LOL! Nice allusion, Flav. I saw those guys years ago with GNR and couldn’t hear right for about 3 days afterward. Skid Row kicked ass but they were LOUD. That’s about the time I started bringing earplugs with me to concerts.

12. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:07 am

Bucs movin’ through Kazmir.

13. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:10 am

Kazmir threw 40 pitches in the first inning, only 21 of them strikes.

14. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:35 am

Man, Liriano is not Mr. Control either.

15. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:08 am

Liriano has walked Hernandez three times, nibbling around the edges of the plate like Hernandez is Babe Ruth. I don’t get it.

16. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:13 am

Hurdle opts to leave him in. I don’t know about this.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:15 am

And it was one batter too long. No doubt it was the ol’ “I want to give the pitcher a chance to get the win.”

17. Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:15 am

When it’s time for a change…

18. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:27 am

The Pirates during that half-inning:

19. alleykat69 said, on June 27, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Nice Zumie!
    Maybe we need alittle Alice Cooper “Under my Wheels” with that shot..

20. Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Man, that Pirates game looked so promising after the first inning. Oh well,
    STPOOT A’s.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 1:20 pm

The under-.500-ness of the Pirates reappeared in this game. The catcher throwing the ball into centerfield, McCutcheon sliding past a bag and getting tagged out, a starting pitcher with control issues.
      A Pirate sweep would have been awesome, but beating the Dodgers 3 out of 4 was very cool.

• Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Yeah Liriano looked like he was throwing to guys over 7 foot tall at times. Kazmir settling down didn’t help either.

21. chipower9 said, on June 27, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Great thread, Flav. I will have to go check out the Dodger fan posts last thread. I always get a kick out of those. Thanks, Zume.

I am probably in the minority of liking interleague. I just like getting to see teams we see infrequently. I know, the flip-side to that conversation is that back in the day when there was no interleague, it made it a bit more special when you team faced-off with a jr. circuit team in the world serious.

Hey, without the interleague, Blade and I would be shit-outta-luck on going back to Boston/NYC to see our beloved Giants play the Red Sox and Yankmees.

Agree with John re: the Phillies. I think they are going to be a force in the next couple of years.

Was good to get another series win over those scrapping Phils. Was at a concert Saturday night at North Shore Tahoe, so missed the game. Was so surprised to see Bum take the loss. Damn…two in a row for him, now. I did see some of his comments about having to be tough in all innings and making your pitches…sounds like he had a bit of a brain fart in one of the later innings (7th?).

Oh well…our boys are 8-up on the bambinos and we are 1/2 game from having the best record in baseball. This team is clicking on almost all cylinders, and they are doing it without Pence and Duffy. Love it!

Time to kick some ass on those Fucking A’s!

• alleykat69 said, on June 27, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Yeah keep burying the Dogpile Chi and every Flapper will be estastic!
      What concert did you see Chi? You up by Incline Village? Kings Beach?

22. Irish Kevin said, on June 27, 2016 at 2:23 pm

For those of you who are having issues with Span batting lead off

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 2:55 pm

Hmmm…..well, at least Henry asked him about it. Thanks for the article.

23. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Off-topic, but I’ve become a huge fan of author and historian Simon Winchester. I’m currently reading “Krakatoa,” a very interesting book that brings a lot of topics together. Plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, telegraph lines going around the world, Dutch colonies in Indonesia, the spice trade, and more. His writing style is very engaging. His most recent book “Pacific” is excellent, too.

24. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Scuffling doesn’t begin to describe Span’s woes at the plate. He is, as djloo frames it, just there (HJT for the uninitiated). I think Bochy would be doing him a favor. Move him down and relieve some pressure and put a hot Angel in a spot he’s very comfortable in. Span is just waving at pitches right now.

And while they’re at it, someone take Span’s pulse. I swear he looks like he’s comatose half the time.

• djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:42 pm

I agree LJ, it might take pressure off him. He can’t do worse.
      Someone else here coined “He’s Just There” – I just like using it…

• Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Oddly enough, I think it was me, a while back on a different Span rant. 🙂

25. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Kruk was on radio this morning talking about how much this series means to the fans. Huh? I could care less about a series vs the A’s. I don’t know a single person who’s jazzed about this series.

• sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:43 pm

A’s fans who get to watch their team in a nice ballpark for a change.

26. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:51 pm

These A’s games always feel like, to me, a disruption in the middle of the actual schedule. Only slightly less annoying than the All-Star break, which goes all the way through a Thursday now.

27. sandog said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:52 pm

I still have a few cassettes left from back in the day. Partly for sentimental reasons and partly because my beloved 2000 Windstar has a cassette player in it. Only a select few still exist and they are primarily homemade mix tapes. One exception is Skid Row’s debut album, which includes “18 and Life” on it. Yes, many of the songs sound the same, yes, the lyrical material is quite sophomoric and non PC, BUT I think the lyrics are clever and the riffs are outstanding. Plus, I honestly think it is one of the best sung rock albums of my generation. Put that sucker on, pull up the lyrics, and I challenge you to not be entertained for 40 minutes. Even you, Zumie.
    “Juicy Miss Lucy’s always digging up junk. She’s on the corner talking trash with the punks (yeah).
    I gotta laugh when I hear them say, she’s a sweet little cheese when the cat’s away”
    ….that is just one of many nuggets on that album.

PS I like interleague play and am excited about this series. Plus I haven’t seen a game in a few days, so I’m fired up to get back on the horse.
    I got back home at 11:15 last night and it was no-shit 90 degrees inside! Good to be back, though.

• djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I was standing just offstage at the LA Forum in 1989 when Skid Row opened for Bon Jovi.
      There was literally steam coming off them when they walked past me at the end of their set.
      I’ll never forget that…

28. djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 3:53 pm

It seems like so many more guys have played for both the Mets and Yankees as opposed to guys who have played for both the Giants and A’s. Is that true? There might be close to 100 now on the NY side of that question. Most people forget that Yogi Berra is on that list. I guess McCovey’s the biggest name on the Bay area side.

• sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Just off the top of my head, I have Zito (obviously) Vida, Rajai Davis, and those are thenjoying only I can think of without Googling

• Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Dusty Baker, Ernie Riles(?), Mulder… There has to be more. Didn’t Aldrete play for both teams?

29. sandog said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I’m still fine with Span. Yes, it would be better if we had a modern-dayRod Carew or Pete Roae leading off, and I know he needs to step it up a bit, but I think he will. .270-.275 from Span would be great. He’s at .250 now. That’s not a huge chasm to fill. Don’t forget, we have arguably the worst collection of outfielders in all of MLB. We may not love him, but on this roster, he is a vital cog.

30. snarkk said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I’m ambivalent about playing the As. For one thing, I don’t know their guys any better than any other AL team. They are all just names to me, other than maybe Sonny Gray. Still, I’m with Chi, I like inter-league. Way better to see RSox and Yanks and Orioles for a bit than the Pads and Rocks for the umpteenth, boring ass time. IMO…

31. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:41 pm

I like inter-league play, but not this contrived thing with the A’s every year.

32. sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Yup, I’m down with the interleague as well. It’s cool seeing junior circuit teams from time to time. And get a chance to see some different ballparks too.

33. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Skid Row and the other “hair bands” got demolished by the Seattle grunge scene, which was cool, in my opinion; but then the grunge scene got demolished by heroin, which was very sad.
    And in that moment of uncertainty in the rock world, along came rap to take away the future generations. That was unfortunate, in my opinion.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:54 pm

But having said all that, as I’ve gotten older, I’m much less the music snob jerk I was in my younger years. If somebody enjoys a certain kind of music I’m less judgmental than I used to be. Usually. 🙂

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I’m working on it. It’s a work in progress. 🙂

34. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Speaking of music, Courtney Love is often not a pleasant person in real life, but she had some good moments with her band Hole. I recently heard this song again and was reminded of that. Certainly influenced by Cobain, and some think that maybe he secretly helped write some of it. We may never know, but I find that kind of interesting.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 5:18 pm

She also gave an outstanding acting performance in “The People vs. Larry Flynt,” although a lot of folks would say she was just playing herself in that film. And she was pretty good in the movie about Andy Kaufman.

• blade3colorado said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

I like her work a lot and yes, I think this song and others have been influenced (or possibly written by her late husband). Catch her rendition of Fleetwood Mac’s Gold Dust Woman. I like it.

35. djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Nats have 5 steals off Syndegaard in less than 3 innings.
    Giants exposed that flaw.
    And Bumgarner wrecked Conforto who’s now in the minors…

• bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for that info Loo .. Wow, did not know Conforto was sent down … Suppose this I’d not just a ‘rehab’ assignment. I thought the kid was going to be a future force.

36. sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Hey hey hey Zum. As far as I can tell I’m probably the only hip hop Flappers, and I have to agree with you to a point about rap taking the torch after grunge died out. I can’t stand the lame materialistic girls, drugs and clothes rap either. That is what gets crammed down everyone’s throat and it drowns out the actual artistic expression of people who have something to say. The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Outkast, Oakland’s own Heiroglyphics, and many many many others are very talented and crafty story tellers. But hey I understand rap and hip hop just isn’t for everyone. I try to be as open minded as I can, but the hair bands are just not for me.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:03 pm

That’s well said. There’s a lot of rap that I don’t know about. My first exposure to rap was actually from the Clash. They had a few rap songs, such as “The Magnificent Seven.” I liked them. Yeah, I’m just reacting to the “ho and bitches” type rap that bothers me. As you say, there are many others not doing that type of rap.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Mick Jones of the Clash was a big early supporter of rap. After he left the Clash, he brought in hip-hop influences in his group Big Audio Dynamite.

• sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Ok, I’m gonna have to check that out.

• Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Public Enemy’s line “motherfuck him and John Wayne” from Fight the Power, is a line I have used a lot over the years.

37. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 5:54 pm

Glad to hear there’s a little Skid Row love still out there. I grew up on all the 70’s and 80’s rock bands. I stopped listening to almost all of it years ago. And then I added Sammy Hagar Pandora station and started listening to it a lot. Brought back a lot of memories. And it makes me appreciate that music a little more compared to the crap that’s getting churned out on the airwaves these days….

38. Irish Kevin said, on June 27, 2016 at 6:54 pm

The thing I don’t like about rap is there does not seem to be any music to it. No guitar, piano, horns, nothing. I love a good instrument solo in my music or a whole band sound. The Eagles, Almand brothers, Lynard S, the blues Brothers, etc,etc. so if anyone can turn me on to a rap group or solo artist that has that I will check them out.

• Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:29 pm

You might want to check out The Soul Rebels Brass band.

• sfsarge said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Kevin that is a very common refrain that I hear from people who dont like rap. I understand where you are coming from. All of the music that came before it involved people playing instruments of some sort. Hip hop as we know it was started by poor kids in New York who couldn’t afford instruments so they rapped over break beats from disco records. As far as hip hop bands, there is The Roots. They’re Jimmy Fallon’s house band, but they’ve been playing for almost 25 years. They’re a real live band and they’re all accomplished musicians. For the most part though, rap artists will usually only use a band at a live show. Some guys will use a guitar or a bass or maybe a drummer while they’re recording, but for the most part it’s a producer making beats.

• Irish Kevin said, on June 28, 2016 at 5:32 pm

Yes, but then how do you explain the blues, the blues from what I have heardd so I am no expert, but the lyrics and songs start with slavery, the blacks(sorry if that offends anyone) would be singing in the cottons fields etc, and then it was put to music with instruments and it grew from there. I feel like old time blues is some of the best music out there. When you talk about the rappers who did not have the money for instrument, why has it not evolved to include instruments like the blues. Just want your take SF.

• sfsarge said, on June 29, 2016 at 7:56 am

I see what you mean. That’s a good question, I don’t really have an answer for it. But I will say that most producers who make beats are at least decent musicians and they can do some amazing things with keyboards. They also need to have an understanding of how to structure a song. There is music involved, it’s just not always at the forefront. Some MC’s (rap artists) want to showcase their lyrics so the beat is almost an afterthought.

39. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:03 pm

phew. Thought I was gonna get stuck with the A’s broadcast for a second…..

40. sandog said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Whenever I drive any of our high school is anywhere, including my basketball team, I let them choose the tunes and all they want to listen to is rap. Some of it I don’t mind. They like a lot of older stuff like Snoop and Tupac, and I can dig some of the that stuff. J Cool (I know I’m spelling that wrong) ain’t bad either. There is some of it though, that sounds awful to me.

Ps Panik is hitting 9 points higher than Span. Does that mean he’s just there too? I realize many of you feel he is destined for the HOF, but he needs to step it up himself.

41. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:29 pm

this guy’s windup is irritating as fuck……

42. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:40 pm

fucking smadzija!

43. Bozo said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:41 pm

The Shark isn’t fooling anyone, man, they are just teeing off.

44. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:41 pm

I guess this is why the White Sox weren’t so hot to keep this guy. Still nobody out.

45. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Not in the mood for this shit……

46. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:45 pm

9 home runs allowed so far in fucking June

47. bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:47 pm

What the fuck is up with this guy? This is what, the fourth game he has looked bad? And each game he gets a little worse. Last time out it was the fourth inning (?) he started to tank. This time it’s the 2nd. This ain’t good

48. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Getting torched Shark!

49. Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:50 pm

If this dude cinches those trousers any tighter he’s going to go from a baritone to a contralto. They look like yoga pants. And yes, his windup is annoying.

50. Flavor said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:51 pm

there are about 37 things I hate about this A’s pitcher……

• sandog said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I am starting to get a pretty long list together of what I don’t like about our pitcher either…

51. James said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Samardzija’s terrible pitching defies reason.

52. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I think Peavy has moved ahead of SamardzjWTF in the rotation rankings.

53. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Righetti’s got his guru work cut out for him.

54. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I’m disappointed that Bochy has decided that Mac/Parker are just bench guys.

• sandog said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Yo tambien.

55. djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Lately Span is also terrible going back on balls.
    Maybe he should start playing deeper…

• Lurker John said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm

He did look bad on the ball over his head, like he took a bad route. Bad hitting and bad fielding is not a good combo, Denard.

56. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Some big comebacks today — Bums & Nats won after trailing down 4-0, Rox up 9-4 after trailing 4-0 — so maybe there’s hope.

• djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:18 pm

If it was 4-0 there would be…

57. James said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:17 pm

I may renew my long dormant hatred of the As watching this tonight.

58. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Of course, a hit would be a good start.

59. bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:18 pm

What odds can I get that this prick no-hits us tonight?

60. blade3colorado said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Thankful he has 8 wins in the bank. If he can pull out 5-6 more the rest of the way, he was a bargain.

61. djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Seeing #29 on the mound, I realized it’s been 10 years since Jason Schmidt was a Giant…

• James said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Seems amazing to me that it’s only been 10 years . . .

• Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Somewhat related: I remember seeing a BULL-SCHMIDT banner during a Mets-Phils doubleheader at Shea in the 70s.

62. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:34 pm

This has got me reaching for the newspaper to solve the Jumble puzzle.

63. bassbaldy said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:35 pm

We are wearing this guy down … slowly … oh, ever so, slowly …

64. djloo27 said, on June 27, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Time for Smardj to run a post pattern to the showers…

65. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Losing to this clown on the mound stinks.

66. Paul Sorensen said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Without looking (and of course I’m just being lazy, plus just on a quick break from teaching an Ethics class), it seems awhile since the G’s lost a series, very nice. But it also seems that recently they haven’t looked overly great in the first game of a series. So…. fine, get this stinker done with already and come back with the goods tomorrow. One thing they’ve avoided this season is consecutive stinkers recently, keeping them on top. Another one or two like this one would be a trend we do not want to see…

67. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:26 pm

How about Pena as lead-off hitter?

68. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Bochy goes white flag and lets Stratton bat.

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Why not just tell him to take three strikes?

• Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I readily acknowledge how ridiculous this complaint sounds with the game a lost cause, but that bugged me. What, he couldn’t get somehow else to pitch the 9th in a blowout?

• zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:46 pm

I agree with you. Down 8-0 in the 8th BUT with the bases loaded and none out. There’s still a comeback chance, even if small. It would have been nice to have seen what would have happened with Crawford batting instead of Stratton. Stratton’s doubleplay was a colossal rally-killer.

69. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Pena shows some spark. I’d have him at lead-off tomorrow.

70. zumiee said, on June 27, 2016 at 10:55 pm

The Giants tonight:

71. Macdog said, on June 27, 2016 at 11:16 pm

The Yanks-Rangers game has resumed after a 3:35 rain delay. There’s more people on the tarp crew than in the stands.

72. willedav said, on June 28, 2016 at 7:34 am

The kid on the mound was pretty sharp, and not for first time. He’d lost 3 but pitched fairly well. Giants hitters couldn’t do much and hit some at em shots too. A’s made the plays, Giants OF just missed theirs.
    span, bad as he is, had more hits (1) than Panik belt and Posey combined.
    Smards was throwing bp out there, lotta stuff up and out over plate. Yikes.