Sunday Funday

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 4, 2016

I have no idea how websites determine the % chance that a team will make the post season but I checked a few different sites and they all seem to come in at 85% for the Giants. I get it, the wild card and all. They must be counting the play-in game which is really what it is. But for a team with the worst record in mlb since the break, for a team that seems to not be able to ever put good pitching and timely hitting together in a single game, that seems like a pretty high percentage, no?

Cueto today and he has become as confounding as his delivery. I wouldn’t pretend to know in a million  years how he’ll do today. My guess would be awful. Unless of course we aren’t hitting Lackey at all, then I think he’ll be lights out……

1. snarkk said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:25 pm

FUUUUUUUUUCCCKKHKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
    I’m going to go out and pound some popped out nails on my deck…

2. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Unfucking real Casilla throws more hangers then I have in my closet..

3. Macdog said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

The good news is they get to the 10th. The bad news is the offense has to bat again.

4. gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Casilla had Russell 0-2 and they just pitched too much around him. The passed ball was not his fault. He threw one in the dirt and Posey has to keep the runner at 2nd. That then led to the infield being in…I’m not angry with Casilla on this one…but get him the f out of there..

• alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:32 pm

It’s ok GH,
      We will be angry for you.
      Cause every time Casilla comes in something awful will develop.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Fuck. Way to battle, guys. Take that piped FB down the middle. 000 fuck this.

6. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:29 pm

OOO=KKK

7. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Fucking Casilla’s license plate should read”BLOWNSAVE”

8. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Gearrin? Uh oh…..

9. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Wicked pitch could of been a ball but wtf! Gearrinlike all are pitchers lately can’t hold a runner close to 1st is total BS, especially the winning run in extras..

10. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 2:51 pm

I thought the Brewers claimed Puig. Dogs matched it I suppose?

11. Lurker John said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Belt, completely overmatched.

12. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Fuck Belt, fuck Pence, fuck this team. Just fucking lose and put me out of my misery.

I can;t take this. Torture used to be fun. Now it’s just gut-wrenching. Piss away opportunity after opportunity.

• Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm

lol, seriously. I have shit I need to go do

13. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Seriously, don’t you have to think about benching Belt at some point? At least for a few games.

14. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Nathan sighting…..

15. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Posey with his first hit of the series. An infield bleeder. Can someone hit something hard?

16. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Maybe they’re just waiting out Champan’s pitch count. Or something.

17. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Yeah I’m down with benching Belt. He has just come up small lately. Forever. Fuck I don’t know.

18. gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm

At least Edwards and Chapman and Casilla are all out of the game…

19. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm

LOL, Yeah no shit I have things to do as well, after Casilla did his usual fucked up job, you figure the torture would of ended quickly, now the Cubs are doing the same thing..
    Shit I have some drinking to do, one team are another let’s end this thing!!

20. gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Ok got a runner on second regardless with an out….

21. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I don’t mind Flemming criticizing the club’s play. It’s his constant negative focus that is so annoying.

• gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:24 pm

No picking on our boy Fleming😉

22. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I say Nunez steals 3rd&Home that’s the only way we’re going score..

23. gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Not swinging is ridiculous…getting a walk means essentially nothing right now…

24. gianthead said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Not a frickin swing..bullsheit

25. Macdog said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Giants must lead MLB in checked-swing Ks.

26. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Fucking OOO 2 straight let’s watch a perfect pitch go bye.. Does Bochy keep him around knowing he will piss off Flappers to no end??
    Oh great Craw K’s as well!!
    Told ya all Nunez should of just stole3rd&Home!!!

27. snarkk said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Damn, haven’t the Giants lost yet?
    Back to pound more nails…

28. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Nice job by Nathan.,
    Stuff looks good 17 years later…

29. Macdog said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:47 pm

It’s mercifully over.

30. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:47 pm

31. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 3:56 pm

I finally bailed and saw the loss on my ph in line at Safeway. Didn’t sting as bad.

32. unca_chuck said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:05 pm

I’m about nearly done with this team.

33. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Nathan looked great. I’d like to see more of him. Remember, he hasn’t pitched all year. He’s fresh and he knows what he’s doing out there and it’s just a cool as story to boot

34. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Kuiper was pretty peeved at Agent OOO taking two called third strikes in a row, especially the second time, when there was a runner on second. Kuiper: “You can’t just stand there like a statue in that situation.”

35. alleykat69 said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Joe Nathan has 377 career saves, he’s fresh, his stuff though not as overpowering as years ago can still get big league hitters out!
    Bochy needs to make the move and give Nathan the closer role.A crybaby Casilla will be butt hurt and pout, but so what? Boch should not care it’s about wins, not frustrating losses that should of been wins…

36. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Did the Giants call up Nathan on Sept 1st? i think they did. That mean no Nathan for the post season and I know how stupid that sounds. I can’t believe I just typed that.

37. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 4:55 pm

you want to talk about a tired ass team—- it’s September, they just finished losing in 13 and have to travel to Col to be ready for a day game tomorrow. Pfffttttt….. I’ve never played a pitcher in Coors Field but I’m thinking Bettis might be ok tomorrow……

38. Irish Kevin said, on September 4, 2016 at 5:11 pm

I don’t know how to look this up, but I bet most if not all Casillas blown saves have been when the Giants only have a 1 run lead, I don’t think he can handle the pressure in these games.

• zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 5:56 pm

It’s part of what’s sucking the life out of this team, I’m convinced.

39. djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:00 pm

It’s like when they got ancient Mike Stanton to close about a decade ago…

40. djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:13 pm

If you want to be optimistic, you could say that in a 4 game series at their park they played the best team in baseball to a virtual standoff. If the comatose offense awakens, everything could still work out ok…

41. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:28 pm

As the Giants leave the Windy City, here’s a tribute song to close out their weekend there.

• djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:32 pm

I guess “Cherish” wouldn’t have made sense…

• zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:36 pm

True.

• Macdog said, on September 4, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Blowin’ in the Wind would’ve summed up Casilla’s outing.

42. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I think “Slip Slidin’ Away” makes more sense…..

• zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Trying to cling to a playoff spot.
      Cue Jim Mora: “Playoffs?!!”

43. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:47 pm

The Giants turned Jason Heyward into a hero this weekend. The guy is having a terrible season.

44. djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 6:51 pm

After leading off the series with a double, the Invisible Span went 0-16 the rest of the way…

• Macdog said, on September 4, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Those day games are usually his nap time.

45. mrsprtdude said, on September 4, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Span and Posey killed us this series. Coming up small every chance they get.
    Bottom line…4 one run games. In key situations the Cubs put the bat on the ball. Yes they got some key hits on bloopers etc, just like the wining hit today. In 11th and 12th we had runners in scoring position and struck out. Pence on a ball over his head. I hate to pile on but every team needs a guy they can count on to be the man, So a little less pressure is on them. We don’t have that.
    Lastly..This was a huge game. Crawford day off is stupid.

46. zumiee said, on September 4, 2016 at 7:51 pm

The Mets lead 5-1. If they win, we’ll only be 2 1/2 games above oblivion.

47. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Well, I’m trying to look at it this way. If we could go back in time to the end of Spring Training, and a fortune teller told us that on Labor Day, the Giants would be in 2nd place *just* 3 games back and holding the 1st wildcard spot, would most of us have accepted that as ok? In the hunt and all that with 4 weeks to play. I probably would’ve. Unfortunately, said fortune teller did not bother telling us that the team was 7-1/2 games up in 1st place just before the break and was trending precipitously downward for the 2 months leading up to Labor Day. It’s all about the trends. Still have time to put it together and trend up and finish strong, but that just *feels* more and more unlikely….

48. Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 8:45 pm

“the invisible Span”—- that was pure unadulterated gold, Loo. I think Span and definitely Posey need a break. They look most tired of everyone. They’re just rolling balls to the infielders the way Rowand used to do. Does Bochy rest Posey in the yard he owns?

• djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Maybe bronze…I have to say this – I’ve never seen Posey so engaged in every aspect of being a defensive catcher. And he’s too good a hitter not to turn it around if he’s not injured.

49. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 8:48 pm

I predict domination at the Box of Rox. We’ll all feel better after this next series. Turn the corner, light the fire, ramp it up for the stretch drive. Seriously.

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Uh, maybe I should’ve been more clear. Domination by the Giants, not domination of the Giants….

• djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Personal favorite – Blast it or skip it.:
        This video posting is out of control here…

• Flavor said, on September 4, 2016 at 9:07 pm

i predict they come out flat as fuck tomorrow. And why are the Red Sox playing the freaking Padres in September in SD (tomorrow)?

50. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Tidbits from Chris Haft on MLB:
    * 17th loss in their last 24 road games. Man, I used to not fear road trips, this team did so well on the road earlier this season….
    * This marked the first time that the Giants have collected four hits or fewer in four consecutive games since June 13-16, 1963.
    * Their 14 hits against Chicago represented their lowest total for a four-game series since they had 13 in a set against the Dodgers on Aug. 14-17, 1992.
    * San Francisco has lost five games when entering the ninth inning with a lead, third-most in the Major Leagues.
    Very thankful there are still 26 games to go to tighten the lug nuts and lube the joints. So to speak.

51. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 4, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Loo, agree with your comment about Posey. The 1 game the Giants won in Chicagoland might have hinged on the play we doubled off Rizzo at 2nd base. Watch the replay of that… Posey, ever the vigilant field captain, saw the whole thing unfolding and ran up the line to cover 3rd base, which resulted in Rizzo getting caught off second. Really too bad he’s hurting, which is obviously hurting his offense, but his defense is still stellar.

• djloo27 said, on September 4, 2016 at 10:07 pm

No doubt – and the way he studies every hitter and puts so much thought into calling every pitch.
      Never seen anything like it…

52. mrsprtdude said, on September 4, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Not sure I’m watching the same games. Posey’s throw to 3rd was high in the 2nd game that allowed winning run to score. Today his not blocking Casilla ball in the dirt allowed the tying run to get to 3rd. Cost us the game ultimately. Not an easy play, but one a elite defender makes….I know he calls a great game, and I’m not saying he is bad, just not elite anything right now…

• alleykat69 said, on September 5, 2016 at 8:04 am

Mrsprtdude…Not making excuses for Buster but 1st off he’s not getting any help from his pitchers holding runners close, most runners can walk to 2nd or 3rd.
      Buster’s also banged up and got dinged up more yesterday when that punk Addison Russell hit his hand twice with his bat on swings( accidental are not?) right before that pass ball which could of affected him.

• zumiee said, on September 5, 2016 at 9:12 am

Mrsprtdude continues to blame Posey for that steal of third when clearly Fowler got a huge jump off the pitcher and Posey had no chance on that play. The throw was high but it didn’t matter.