Staggering to The End

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 24, 2016

8 games left….

1. gianthead said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:01 am

I think Zum wrote at the end of last night that we have a bunch of worthless players on the roster….complete synopsis. In 2010, Rowand really was the only worthless piece. They benched Panda for the playoffs.

Our roster has maybe 10 complete worthless pieces on it. I give Panik a break but his numbers for 2 months have been worthless. But the biggest suck job as been Will Smith. Once Sabean made the move and he has made brilliant moves adding relievers, how could we think he would end up being a worthless piece of shit. Every other move (at elastic for bullpen arms) since 2010 had been golden.

And to be honest, I probably never paid attention to the Brewers and Will Smith. I just believed I never paid attention to Javier Lopez in 2010 before we traded for him.

We need a major overhaul and I say dump nearly everyone from the pen. I’m done with Strickland as well. Invest in a proven closer even if you have to overspend. Goodbye to Casilla, Lopez, Will Smith, Strickland amd even Romo…

2. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:15 am

Sorry for the short thread but I was sitting here this morning drinking coffee and literally coming up with nothing new to say about this shitstorm season. It’s beyond hilarious that we are still a wild card team. I haven’t been bored by baseball like this since pre-2010 and even then I don’t think it felt like this. I’m tired of this season, I’m tired of this team. It is completely uninteresting to me right now.

• gianthead said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:52 am

Flav, at least you have the NHL amd Sharks to look forward to….lulz…WORD!!

• blade3colorado said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Appropriate thread Flavor. Paul and I were discussing it last night (Asia time). What’s to say? I lost interest about a month ago – maybe 1-2 weeks after returning from the Boston /New York Flap fest. Iroinically, I had a great time with the East coast and S. California Flap contingent, soooooo the pathetic showing against the Red Sox and Yankees was little more than gnat flying around my face. In short, no biggie.

In any event, I decided I wouldn’t get worked up over any of this. What’s the saying? Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

3. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:49 am

We’re facing a starting pitcher tonight who’s 0-4, with a 5.63 ERA. And yet somehow I feel like the lawnmower gif might be needed.

4. willedav said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:45 am

I thought “ballgame” and “good night” were a little early, but no. SF scores a couple and then AAA Padres rake the next guy Giants put out there while SF vet hitters go down harmlessly vs. Jackson and his 6.00 ERA. Can’t even use the “haven’t seen him” excuse.

Brisbee has good column today, Giants 2016 the reason someone will overpay for a closer. He notes that the Braves with Jim Johnson closing, are 50-2 with lead after 8. Lotta reasons against it, but wow.

And uh, AZ St. hosting Cal TAKE THE OVER.

• snarkk said, on September 24, 2016 at 10:33 am

I don’t even know what the over/under is, and I’d agree — take the Over…

5. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 24, 2016 at 9:46 am

This playoff push reminds me a lot of 2010. All we’re missing is the torture, excitement and fun players.

6. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 10:14 am

Picked a good night to ignore baseball and go to the Greek. Saw Leon Bridges. He’s kind of a cross between James Brown, Bradley Nowell, and Bootsy Collins. Kind of an early 60s R&B revue. My daughters really like him and I hadn’t been to the Greek since 1987. Fun shit. Dude dances like Erkel though.

7. snarkk said, on September 24, 2016 at 10:26 am

Did some reading an listening this morning on last night’s latest horror show.
    Bochy continues to make questionable, if not just flat dumb, decisions. Reynolds? Why would that guy get a shot in a leverage score situation, down 3-2, albeit early? He should be coming in when they’re DOWN 7-2, not in to contribute to GIVING UP the 7. Bochy just leaves him in there to flail way beyond reason, basically letting the game get away. Even the most loyal Bochy followers are flummoxed by these kind of moves. Seriously, understanding that players play, if Bochy didn’t have the ring capital he has, any other place he’d be canned after the season, if not before. This second half may be as bad or worse than the second half of the ’85 team, sorry ass talent and attitude squad, when Jimmy D got canned with about 20 games left to go, and they brought in the Humm Baby…

• Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 10:46 am

I just had to look that up. This year peaked at 57-33 thru 90 games — 24-40 since. The ’85 team: 34-56 thru 90 games — 25-39 with 8 games left. So one win better for ’85.

• snarkk said, on September 24, 2016 at 11:00 am

Yep, good work Dawg. That’s a helluva stat, flat disgraceful. I should call Marty Lurie on that one…

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 11:37 am

That’s awesome. Thanks for this.

8. snarkk said, on September 24, 2016 at 10:32 am

I don’t know why there’s beard scratching in the Giants brain trust on this Cueto next start. Pitch Blach in that Sunday start. He’s looked great in his two stints up. Let Cueto get a few more days off. Why risk the groin, and then if he aggravates, he’s done for any, cough, playoff run…

9. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Cardinals are beating the shit out of the Cubs today…

10. Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 2:26 pm

I read where Girardi walked out of the press conference after last night’s game because he didn’t like being questioned about going with a pitcher, Blake Parker, that the media doesn’t think is very good with the Yanks down 3-0 in the 7th. Parker gave up 4 runs in 1/3 inning and it was ballgame over.

I see a little similarity here with Bochy staying with Reynolds after single, double, intentional walk, bases-loaded walk with the Giants only down 4-2, although I guess our writers didn’t want to get under Bochy’s skin.

11. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Span, CF
    Belt, 1B
    Posey, C
    Pence, RF
    Nunez, 3B
    Panik, 2B
    Pagan, LF
    Adrianza, SS
    Bumgarner, P

12. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 24, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Whoaaaaa, Belt in the 2 hole. Bochy is getting crazy. Where’s stix? I’d think this would bring him out of the woodwork.

Can the club go .500 the rest of the way?

13. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 3:45 pm

uh, I think I found out why Stix hasn’t been posting. Yikes. Why couldn’t they just leave his weed alone? lqtm

14. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 3:48 pm

That story about Stix makes him either a blog legend or a complete fucking psychopath. Lol, thoughts?
    I googled him just to see if he died or something and that’s the article that came up

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 3:59 pm

LEGEND!!!!!!

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Maybe Lisle strangled someone with a cello string…

• wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Pure gold!

15. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 24, 2016 at 3:58 pm

That story is epic. Sounds like the tater recipe is safe.

16. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Mets down 3-0 after 12 pitches from some scrub….

17. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Well, that Stix article just blew my mind.

18. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Mets down 5-0 in 1st…

19. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Belt in the two-hole! It only took Bochy several years to give it a try. Bochy didn’t want to rush into anything.

20. willedav said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:48 pm

That’s too bad. I’m on opposite side of his views on weapons, and the result of this would be why.

21. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:50 pm

The Giants could learn a little something from Stix.
    Mets down 6-0…

• willedav said, on September 24, 2016 at 4:59 pm

you know I would bean Chase Utley. He has a habit of leaning into them to get on base…I’d end that in a hurry.
      Plus, he hit like shit this year with .700 OPS, so next weekend might be last chance to do it.
      “Dirty Sanchez says hi.”

• Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Phils are teasing us again.

22. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I’m completely blown away by the Carstie deal. The fricking Unabomber has nothing on him.

If they have video of the feds dragging him away, I’d hope he’s wearing a Giants cap. That is unfuckingbelievable.

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:15 pm

I wonder if they’ll seize his computer and comb through 7 years of Flap threads for insight…

23. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I’m leaning toward “Legend” based off the details given in the article. He was probably mowing his nine fucking acres with his manual mower, saw the feds buzzing his weed field, and just said fuck it and fired off some cease and desist shots. lol
    And I have received several emails from him in the last couple of years that makes that helicopter shootout story COMPLETELY not surprising.
    It’s funny, guys disappear from the blog, many leave without so much as a word. Who knows what happens to them? Today we found out what happens to them. lqtm

24. djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Mets are down 10-0.
    With Bumgarner going, I consider this a must win tonight…

25. xoot said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:46 pm

re Stix: Garrison Keillor might not sympathize. The Undertaker probably would. I hope he has a seasoned criminal defense lawyer or two or three on his side.

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:51 pm

One of the related articles said he is seeking a public defender.

• djloo27 said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Any idea if he’s out on bail?

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Doesn’t look like it.

• xoot said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:10 pm

well maybe GOA or some such can dispatch specialized legal assistance

26. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Rally started by Belt in the two-hole. We can only wonder if that had been tried a few weeks ago….

27. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:17 pm

I always wonder if people who do stupid shit and get incarcerated regret it afterwards. Or, I should say, HOW MUCH do they regret it. I spent 23 hours in Santa Rita County jail once and that was 23 hours too many. I bet Stix is bummed right now.

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm

This is a little more than a split-second kind of thing, I’d imagine.

DJ’s right. the Flap is our connection to Carstie. I expect we will all be audited next year. Or have black Suburbans cruising our neighborhoods. AND black helicopters.

28. xoot said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:23 pm

I think everyone who has survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge has said that instantly, as soon as they began to fall, they regretted the decision. On the other hand, Civil Disobedience by Thoreau, Letter from Birmingham Jail by MLK, hell even The Ballad of Reading Gaol by Wilde. I guess I’ve used up my blog space for the month. ha.

29. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Oh man, the one time when one of Span’s roll-over grounders would have been good.

30. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Bum blasts a double and dies at 2nd. Span = totally worthless.

31. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Lead-off double that doesn’t score….yep.

32. wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Mind…Blown

Just when you thought you had seen it all from the Flap. That is some crazy shit.

33. wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I take it the Northwoods flapalooza will be put on hold?

34. snarkk said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:37 pm

If that’s Stix — well, he went a bit too far.
    Meanwhile, Giants have Bum on 2nd , no outs, and of course, pfffffffft.
    So, Span doesn’t even try a bunt to move Bum to third? Giants don’t need a 4th run?
    You’d think we had the 27 Yanks lineup, the way Bochy manages the team out of scoring.
    And Span. What a friggin bust. Give me Gorkys every game over this dude. Truly suckage…

35. zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:49 pm

That was a fun play!

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Cool for those folks in the first row.

36. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Who’s gonna mow his damn lawn while he’s in the clink?

37. blade3colorado said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Not suprised at all. I’ve been the recipient of many alternative news article perspectives via email by Carstie, e.g., Rothchilds and/or Luminati behind the banking system. A “world order” that goes beyond government (they’re only puppets). A complete monitoring military base under Denver Airport, etc., etc.. Some wacky stuff received by him, but frankly, no worse than the shit Trump and the extreme alternative right is shoveling to us.

Equally important, this is the 2nd incident in less than a year, where I have known someone personally, who confronted law enforcement, e.g., look up Martin Wirth. Sad.

I hope Stix is all right and can get some semblance of his life back. Bottom line? Dude just doesn’t want anyone to bother him and to live his life the way he chooses to. I wish that for everyone.

38. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Nunie play reminded me of the Jeter play

39. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 6:58 pm

ok, Invisible Span gets another shot……

40. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Rally killer is up again.

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Just get it out of the infield, Buster.

41. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Buster not looking for fastballs down the middle apparently. Now swing at the dirtball.

42. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Not exactly crushing, but they are getting runs across. SD, helping though.

Nooner!

43. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Fuck. Really.

44. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Why the fuck can’t we win easy?

• zumiee said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:37 pm

It is the Giants’ way.

45. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:41 pm

My friend Sam and his wife — from Syracuse — are there. They saw Brandon Belt with his wife and kid at some restaurant before the game. Wished him well. Lots of Giants fans at the game, Sam reports.

46. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Speaking of BBelt9, does anyone strike out LOOKING more than he does?!

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Belt’s stubborn. Knows the strike zone better than the ump. Stupid.
      thoughts on Stix, Pawlie?

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:56 pm

I haven’t kept up here on the blog. Whaddaya mean, Stix’s absence??

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:04 pm

scroll up to my 3:45pm post…..

47. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:55 pm

If the Mets win, I quit. I surrender.

48. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Gawd. This night is getting more glum by the second, baseballwise.

49. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Jesus. Bummie nearly blows a 6 run lead. To the Padres.

We are done if we fuck this one up.

Alex looks angry tonight.

50. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Oh fuck. Here we go with the parade of shitty relievers.

51. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:11 pm

here’s another more recent article. Jesus. The only thing that woulda made this more epic is if they’d let him take his mugshot with a giants hat on.

52. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Fuckin Mets nearly did it again. I feel a loss coming with a lead. They have a shot down 10.

53. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Just saw the story on Stix. I see it’s dated Aug 10. Man, the crazy stuff a bad second half of a baseball season can drive some people to do! — um, allegedly.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:22 pm

8:11 post by me is the updated story.

54. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:13 pm

That being said, WHY have Lopez face a rightie? It’s a fucjking wlak

55. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:14 pm

The Mets were down 10-0 yet were one swing away from winning, again.

56. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:15 pm

I think we need Free Carstie shirts made.

57. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Annnnnd the unraveling continues.

58. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Bingo.

59. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm

I think we all may end up going postal.

60. Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Margot to be kidding me. A blown 6-0 lead.

61. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:21 pm

silver lining for Stix is that he doesn’t have to watch this shit…..

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:22 pm

no fecking shite

62. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:21 pm

This is not a fun team to watch. SMH x 1,000.

63. Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Stanford takes the lead with :24 left.

64. wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Didn’t Stix win a computer from Twin? If memory serves, Michael was getting frustrated as Stix wasn’t very tech savy (shocker) and was having issues operating the damn thing.

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:27 pm

yeah, if he were wearing a Flap T-shirt . . . . .

is he stoned or sleepy??!!

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I’m assuming that’s his normal walking around town look. In one way I feel sorry for him. He’s likely mentally ill. And he went out of his way to live his life alone, didn’t seem to be bothering anyone and the fucking feds still found his ass. I don’t condone what he did but goddamn, did they really need to go fuck with an old, partially mentally ill man who just wanted to smoke weed the rest of his days and mow his fucking giant ass lawn? Who was he hurting? (uh, until he shot up that copter)

65. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Stanford’s playing? I’d rather watch the Southeastern West Virginia North Stars play the Carolina School of the Blind in badmiton than watch the Giants right now.

Of course we won’t score.

This team needs an enema

• Macdog said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Just beat UCLA.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:32 pm

shit I’d pay top dollar to see what you’d rather see. That sounds fucking awesome. lol

66. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Stanford scores! 22-13.

67. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Utterly disgusting that the 6-0 lead is gone. Even in a loss the Mets come out looking better. Flat. They are dull and flat.

68. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:29 pm

One HR? Come on Belt. Just one.

69. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Jesus Belt. You are 6’5 and 230. Stop acting like you are a fucking slap hitter just trying to get on base.

Swing the fucking bat.

70. pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:35 pm

It’s not just winning or losing. It’s HOW. Dull, flat, unexciting, listless, flaccid, limp, pale, disheartening. I think we know where this is headed. Either way, g’night, girls.

71. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:36 pm

think about the public money WASTED on that Carstie raid. Fuck them. A bunch of shithead feds with nothing better to do than buzz a good Giant fan’s home looking for weed? Come on man, weed? Glad he scored a direct hit…..

• unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:45 pm

True enough. The amount of people in jail and the billions spent to fight the ‘drug war’ is astronomically obscene. Like busting him is going to cause any good to come from it.

Our power guys can’t even reach the warning track. Their fucking .185 guys are jacking shit left and right.

• wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:46 pm

I shit you not, one of the other articles mentioned that during the first fly by, he made a pistol shooting motion with his fingers, on the second fly by he waved a hoe/rake at him and then the third fly over is when he grabbed his rifle and started shooting. If I wasn’t on my phone, I would post it here.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:47 pm

gonna need to read that at your convenience…..

• wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:48 pm

It’s the 8/10/16 article in the Star Tribune.

• Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:49 pm

thanks. I’ll take a look. He shook a hoe at them? That’s legendary…..

• wilcojoe said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Classic! He went all Mr. McGregor on their asses.

72. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Just catching up here in the Saigon morning. That Nunuz catch and fall into the stands was the first time I’ve seen anyone on this team actually smile. In what seems like months. Actual probable months. Do something else to make some smiles, gentlemen! Please! Sorry, I hate using exclamation points. Desperation, I guess… 🙂

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:45 pm

right….say what you want about him, but think of all the times Panda brought laughs or smiles…at least outwardly, for show…what do I know? this team pisses me off

73. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Safe…

• pawliekokonuts said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:50 pm

AND it doesn’t even matter

74. Flavor said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Nunie might be the only exciting player we have. Pence used to be like that. Nobody else comes close to the energy Nunie brings to the team. It’s not enough though.

75. unca_chuck said, on September 24, 2016 at 8:51 pm