No Jizz For You!!!!!!!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 29, 2016

Looking back on it, I never really believed in my heart that they had a chance to string together two days of hitting. We were jizzing on ourselves after Tuesday’s 19 hit outburst. But just like the *No Jizz Area!* sign that Stix scrawled out on a piece of cardboard and tries to strictly enforce daily in his jail cell, the Giants hitters were intent on not letting us jizz ourselves again last night.

Baseball has the funniest effect on fans. If your team does something ONE DAY the fans start tricking themselves into believing that’s the way things are. Any bad team can hit one day in a row. Some bad ones string together nice stretches of hitting together, just as we did in the first half of the season.

We just don’t have the hitters this year. I think some guys are having bad years (Panik, Belt and Span), some guys are probably hurting because they played the game too hard for too long (Pagan, Nunie, Pence, Posey and also maybe Panik) and some guys might just be worn down (Crawford). Take Span for example. I would bet ANYTHING that Span would be having a better year if he had Kent and Bonds hitting behind him. He’d be scoring more runs. That would probably create less pressure for him. Good things would unfold from there. And forget Kent and Bonds since that’s an unrealistic example. How about just Pence and Pagan in their prime? Pat the Bat? Uribe? What would I would give for an Andres Torres atop this line up…..

The 2016 Giants put way too much pressure on themselves individually by sucking collectively. You can’t win consistently like that. Being 0 for 5 billion when losing after 8 innings is evidence of that….

1. Cardinal70 said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:23 am

And yet you are probably going to get a chance to see if the even-year magic will show up for October because the Cardinals don’t want the wild card either. Had a runner on third with one out in the eighth and a runner on third with NO OUTS in the ninth last night, could get neither of them home against a Reds team that, well, isn’t good.

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:28 am

Some years the wild card produces good teams. This is not one of those years.

• Cardinal70 said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:30 am

Yeah, it’d probably be best for baseball if the Mets just skipped the play-in game and went straight to the Cubs.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:16 am

Welcome to our world for a majority of the second half, Daniel. It is frustrating. This is the MOST frustrating year for me as a Giant fan (much more than the 100 loss season in 1985). When your team has the BEST record in all of baseball going into the break, and then fails to produce on the magnitude of the Giants in the second half…well…say no more. I feel your pain, Daniel…

• Cardinal70 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:26 am

I know y’all have had it rough. We’ve had all year to come to terms with the fact that this team is just a shade over middling. I wouldn’t want to have gone through your second half for anything!

Part of me wishes they’d been put out their misery earlier on, but while there’s light there’s hope.

2. gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:36 am

Daniel, this battle for the second wild card spot is just plain ugly. But it is interesting watching from our perspective with our obvious rivalry with the evil team south of us (the Rockies of all teams always seems to turn it up a notch playing in SF), but i dont think we appreciate the hated teams in your dovoaion have for your Cards. The Reds certianly are not layong down and it seems the Pirates would be happy ruining your dance party.

What do you expect out of your rivals for the next 4 games? Are you expecting a split???

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:39 am

Sorry Daniel I hate these smart phones.. but the point trying to be typed is that we dont appreciate the hatred teams in your division have your Cards.

• Cardinal70 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:27 am

You are right, the Cardinals haven’t got any friends in the division. Of course, they’ve been knocking down upstarts for 20 years, so that’s going to happen. 🙂

The Cardinals have played terrible at home, for one reason or another. They’ve not shown any ability to put together a run. They need to win all 4, I’d hope for at least 3, but if it’s anything more than a split, I’d honestly be surprised.

3. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:48 am

Last night woulda been perfect for the “uh uh no” Stix head shake gif.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:36 am

lqtm…truth.

4. chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:23 am

Insightful post, Flav, but I do not think the Giants are as bad as they have been for the second half. You look at our roster, and “on paper” we are as good or better than many teams. But it is a fucking head-scratcher why the hell they were so good in the first half, and so miserably shitty in the second half.

On Belt, I do not think he is having a bad year. He does have a high number of Ks (146). He had 147 all of last year. But his average is spot-on for him, OBP is highest it has ever been, as is his OPS. Also career high in RBIs. I think what made you say he is having a bad year is his propensity to K in key situations. (He does that A LOT!)

Even with the sucktitude of the second half, I could still see this team making some noise if they get in. Nothing would surprise me…from getting canned in the WC to winning it all. Get in and anything could happen.

But how damned frustrating to put up a 12 spot one night and a goose egg the next. That is a microcosm of our second half right there!

5. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:47 am

Today is a must win. Dodgers have a full 5 days to rest after the early game Sunday. Remember, all the games Sunday start at the same time (so know one knows in advance how they must do). Clearly LA will be playing stress free, and no need for them to rest the regulars now, or limit the starters due to the long lay-off.

If your still on Daniel..thanks for joining us. Blowing 5 9th innings saves is painful, but nut much more than the Cards crazy inability to win at home. If you knew going in that they would be the best road team in MLB by far, you gotta like your chances…It makes me wonder. Has a team ever made the playoffs with a sub .500 record at home?

• Cardinal70 said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I haven’t looked, but I imagine it has happened somewhere along the way. Got to be very rare, though!

6. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:56 am

I could never be a broadcaster, the ebb and flows of this team would make me get my skink on heavier then even Harry Caray!!
    Just 2 nights ago Kruk with his usual blabber was saying this team is fully kicking in on all cyclinders with this explosive output of 12 runs 19 hits every player chipping in with atleast a hit!! Yee haw!! And then last night zippy do da zippy day my oh my we suck today!! 9 times shutout now after the A/S break!!! But Kruk will say,:Strap on the stirrups and go get em tonight partner!! Feast are fathom the 2016 Giants!!!

7. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:17 am

Seems likely to me the Giants split the next 4, at best. 1-3 is definitely possible.
    This squad just can’t hit except for the occasional breakthrough. And tonight the Rockie’s pitcher is tough, Cueto’s condition is questionable. This could be his last start of the year. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a pre-WC game in St. Louis on Monday. Whatever the reason, this may prove by Sunday to be the worst second half team in the history of the SF franchise…

8. willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:19 am

Looks like Nunez hamstring is messed up and “questionable” for Dodgers. Ugh, that hurts.
    Rotation is Cueto tonight Bum vs. Hill Friday and TBD vs. Opie Saturday afternoon.
    Does that leave Moore for Sunday?
    And if they do get in, Samardz for Monday?

Very fair analysis overall Flav. yes Span is convenient target here but he has plenty of company.

9. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:29 am

Well, hell, I said it a couple days ago. They got Gordon because Nooner wasn’t going to be available. Not a surprise.

What we will hear this offseason is that Span has a broken back he played through, Panik has a fractured tibia he played through, Buster Posey has multiple broken bones and contusions he played through, Pagan has 2 torn hammies he played through, and Pence has a broken neck he played through.

Because being benched while hurt isn’t the way to play it. Got to grind it out.

• dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:32 am

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Belt is injured too. Or just feeling really sad.

10. dirtnrocksnomo said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:35 am

No jizz indeed. If this pathetic club somehow takes a wild card spot does Murph even bother to wrap the club house?

• Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:41 am

the wrap has gathered much dust at casa de Belt. Still in it’s original package. Unwrapped.

11. Bozo said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:45 am

I think it’s time for all of Flaplandia to shake our collective trigger fingers to the sky and for the Giants to break out the hoes and rake (or is that take a break from the hoes and rake?)…Let’s go Giants, do it for Stix.

• willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:50 am

Hey man, good to hear from you again.
      Hope all is well at your end.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:40 am

Nice to see you here, John! I am with you…bust out the hoes and rakes! I have NO expectations for this club the way they have played in the second half, but nothing would surprise me (not making it, a quick exit, or going deep in the playoffs…although, that one would be the most surprising of them all).

12. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:52 am

Willie, provided there isn’t a play-in game to the play-in game, Bumie would be on 5 days rest come next Wednesday.

13. wilcojoe said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:08 am

Surprised the Dodgers are pitching Kershaw and Hill in meaningless games this close to the postseason. Does the league now require teams to use their regular starters instead of phoning it in during the final week?

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:16 am

They might be looking at it like it’s part of rehab for those two guys, as they continue to build arm-strength after being on the DL.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:59 am

Dogs still have a chance to have one of the two best records, and would then host a series, so I think that is the reason they are going full-tilt.

14. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:42 am

Dodgers are just setting up their playoff rotation. i doubt those guys pitch more than 3 or 4 innings in either start. It’ll be like an early morning workout at Santa Anita.

15. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:53 am

Like I said at the end of the last thread – if Giant/Dodger history holds up, they will knock us out over the weekend or at the very least force us into a play-in game to the play-in-game. No way they lay down for us…

• willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:59 am

sub guys like Toles kid kill us. But you’re right, epic history behind end of season btw.Giants Dodgers and I’m sure Roberts well aware of implications.

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:24 am

With the Dodgers already in, it’s a little different dynamic than past late-season showdowns where one team that was out of the hunt was trying to keep the other from making the playoffs. But I don’t disagree with your point.

16. Irish Kevin said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:21 am

Good post Flav, I keep waiting for the 2 good games in a row, not happening!

17. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:33 am

I wonder how much today’s players really care about rivalries and kicking their rivals out of the playoffs. Seems like something that Kruk’s generation gave more of a shit about. I’m sure the fans still care about it. But they all make millions of dollars a year now. Screwing some dude out of a playoff share seems like it would be low on the list of today’s players “to do” list….

• sandog said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:13 am

I think the Dodgers would LOVE to knock us out of the playoffs. Partly for the rivalry, and partly because the Giants have a recent history of being a tough out in the playoffs. I don’t think they want to take a chance on us waking from our slumber once the post season begins.
      For me, it will hurt big time if the Dodgers get the satisfaction of keeping us out of the tourney and I will hear about it from my Dodger fan friends.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:49 am

There could be a small window for the Dodgers fans to do that; but if (when) the Dodgers get knocked out of the playoffs, Dodgers fans tend to slink back into the woodwork.

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Hello, Capon.

18. zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:52 am

Hillary got a nice bump in the polls from the debate. She just needs to keep doing well in the debates, and she’ll be OK.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 12:13 pm

I’d like to give her a nice bump off a cliff…

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Ha! Only if she takes Chump, er Trump with her…

• willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 12:20 pm

one of commentators in Chron said she profits most by sitting back and letting T go off and embarrass himself.
      And that’s what he does—he gets going and can’t stop from saying stupid stuff.
      But really, his supporters don’t care, but that’s how they really feel too.

And sadly, I really could see someone taking her out if she gets elected. Level of animosity and polarization in America is off the charts, thx to Fox News types that got Trump to this point in first place.

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 3:16 pm

Shit, if I could see ANYONE getting taken out, it would be Trump. I get kind of ornery every time I have to look at him and hear him speak.

And during the first debate, the dude could NOT carry a succinct line of thought. The question would be about X, and he would ramble on about A, B, and C (which had NOTHING to do with the original question). No way in hell I want that motherfucker having his finger on the nuclear arsenal. THAT is one very scary thought…

19. willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Reflexes had the better of me
    and what is to be must be
    evry day the bucket a go a well
    one day bottom will drop out

• willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 12:29 pm

And I understand why Stix did what he did, but your freedom of expression ends at the point of someone else’s nose. I can understand why he would have a gun, but not to go from shaking a rake at the plane to firing on it.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I know this is not the same thing, but when is it permissible to throw the first punch in a fight?
        I asked a cop friend of mine that question and his answer was “when you feel threatened”…

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:54 pm

20. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I think Stix has just lived alone in the woods for too long. That shit changes your perspective as well as your decision making skills…..

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Maybe he didn’t do it.
      Or maybe he though he was about to be attacked.
      In movie theatres, nightclubs, schools, offices, you can’t take anything for granted anymore…

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Yeah, Was the helicopter marked in any way?

Inquiring minds want to know.

21. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Willie, I’m amazed a bit that Obama wasn’t assassinated given the amount of racism in this country. There are a lot of crazies, apparently closer than we all imagined, but possibly 8 years of a woman running things could tip the scales of disenfranchised white men to dangerous levels.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 1:48 pm

The Secret Service must really be on the ball these days. Gerald Ford used to get shot at like a target in a carnival booth…

• alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Ford mostly got shot at from golf fans cause he drilled a few every time he teed off…

• unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Yup. One of Sacto’s lesser moments in the limelight. Wasn’t that Squeaky Fromme? One of Manson’s girls?

22. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:44 pm

As shitty as the Giants have played in the 2nd half they need just one more win to top Daniel’s Cardinals of 2006 83-79 who won their division even with that suckitude and won the W/S over Detroit 4 games to 1…
    So records don’t count for “SQUAT” once you get in the playoffs, ask the Mariners with their 116 wins and bounced in the 1st rd.A shit team steals game 1 on their field and the pressure mounts sometimes…

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 3:19 pm

True, Kat, and that is why I keep saying that if the Giants punch their ticket to the dance, anything could happen.

I work with a couple of guys. One is a huge Dodger fan, the other a big Cubbies fan. We shoot the breeze about baseball frequently, and the common thread of all the conversations is that they both do NOT want to see their team play the Giants in the post-season.

23. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 2:55 pm

That’s the rub, DJ. When is the threat real? It also has the makings of a reggae song . . .

” I shot the ‘copter, but I swear it was in self defense . . .”

• chipower9 said, on September 29, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Whirly-bird came for me one day…
      And I began to shake my rake…

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 4:44 pm

lulz!

24. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Andrew Baggarly ‏@extrabaggs 1m1 minute ago
    Pitcher BP. Bumgarner just hit the base of the Coke bottle.

25. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:15 pm

We’re not doing a damn thing for Stix and it’s not right.
    Can’t any of you smart guys think of something?
    He’s one of us!

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I had the tshirt idea😥

26. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:26 pm

We could bring in a seal team for extraction purposes, but I would rather go with just one guy “The Terminator” will definitely get our boy Stick out!!

27. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Cards up 3-1 after 5 in a half empty stadium. I guess the “greatest fans in baseball” can’t handle a light drizzle…

28. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:52 pm

The Willie Mac award will be presented tomorrow night. Until a few weeks ago I thought Crawford was a lock.
    He’ll probably still win, but I’m going with Cueto in an upset…

29. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Fuckin’ Reds leave ‘ em loaded. Don’t they know we’re counting on other teams to win this thing for us?

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Zugzwang! Our best strategy!

30. gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Big error on Cards to start the 9th…lets go Reds…

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:11 pm

We need a wild pitch from the Cards…

31. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:11 pm

I think we must assume Kershaw will pitch more than 3-4 innings. 90 – 100 pitches. Keeps him sharp. He won’t pitch again till a week from tomorrow…The others have issues and may cut short. Tonight and Friday are must wins. I think Sat is a loss, and counting on a win Sunday is too stressful:)

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Agree…need a Reds miracle here…

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Miracle answered….

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Might be a sign…

32. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Cards blew save in the 9th. crazy/

33. gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Cueto coming back to pitch might also be a sign…of doomsday…

34. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:30 pm

2-0 again? Seems like it’s been 2-0 for like 3 games in a row…..

35. gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Controversy in St. Lou…

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Complete bullshit…umpires are refusing to review a walk off double…

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Ok no controversy, the dumb Red announcers did not know the particular ground rules at Busch…

36. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:42 pm

This one looks over already…

37. Flavor said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Jesus Christ….
    David Schoenfield
    SweetSpot blogger

Crazy ending in St. Louis. With Matt Carpenter on first base, Yadier Molina hits what appeared to be a ground-rule double, but Carpenter beats the throw home. By the time Reds manager Bryan Price decides to protest — was he asleep? — the umpires have left the field and the game is over. Terrible, terrible job there by Price.

• gianthead said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:26 pm

The ball clearly did not end up in the stands so end of the day no real controversy….

38. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on September 29, 2016 at 7:53 pm

I wish I knew what is going on in the minds of the Giants players these days. I mean, they *want* to win, right? Or are they as sick and tired of this maddening season as we fans are? I have no answers, only questions, about this season at this point…

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:03 pm

I think you might be on to something there, Paul.
      The blown saves being the largest reason…

39. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Put the Rockies’ lineup with the Giants starting staff, and you’ve got a pretty formidable squad…

40. zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I still question how “hungry” this team is. Lots of the Giants players have multiple championship rings. There just can’t be the same hunger that some other teams have.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:10 pm

I would agree with that but how do you explain the great first half?
      What motivated that and where did it go?

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:20 pm

The fill-in players were hungry, and they brought some energy to the team. They weren’t hungry for championships; they were hungry for jobs, then they all got dumped anyway.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:23 pm

This team was more fun with the Parker/Williamson duo, and all those fill-in secondbaseman.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Agree with you, zum. That squad with Tejada, Greene and other fill ins had some energy, some pizzaz. These guys here have been dragging ass around the whole second half…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Totally agree. The current squad looks like it aged 10 years over the All Star break.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:30 pm

I don’t know what they are going to do with Span. $20 million and 2 years left with this guy. No way they can put him in there all next season as the CF, if he plays like this. That would be brutal. He either better get healthy over the off season, or they trade/cut his ass. No freakin way can you have a leadoff dude like this for another year. I’d put Tomlinson in CF instead, and have him leadoff. I don’t understand why Tomlinson isn’t playing somewhere, and getting 4 ABs a game…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:32 pm

I don’t even care if Greene and those other guys didn’t have the greatest SABR numbers. They played hard and they got clutch hits. Pena was a better hitter than what Panik’s shown. Panik is probably playing hurt anyway.

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm

I agree about Tomlinson. The dude needs to start.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Pretty sure the collapse was well underway while the fill-in guys were still seeing lots of action…

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:51 pm

But they did help get the only two great months of the season.

41. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Pence smoked that bad boy down the line!
    Hey a freakin run!
    Though Crawdaddy should of pulled it so Pence would have been on 3rd..

42. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:35 pm

In post AS game period:
    Rockies lead NL in runs with 378, SF is last with 265, behind the Marlins with 269.
    Giants are second last in HR with 53, to the Marlins’ 48.
    Giants are 5th in team ERA at 3.92 (Cubs first with amazing 2.82, Doghairs at 3.95)…

43. zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:36 pm

I hope the Giants win out, but the Wild Card, at least, should have already been a slam dunk by now.

44. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Specs energy is just too much for Bochy to handle. Boch doesn’t want to much speed never has..
    Shit if I was managing 1st 3 would be Nunez,Specs, and Pence and a “Fresh Pot”

45. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Craig..Just saw Price interviewed. He was very rational and very pissed at the the lame MLB replay rule. Said “that a game ending play with playoff ramifications i mean my goodness I don’t even… i mean if your the San Francisco Giants.. This is is just something we need to change…”

MLB network showed the wall. You can’t see the separation of the in play and out of play wall from the field. It is crazy loud of course, and they couldn’t hear the phone ringing.

In EVERY other inning manager has 30 seconds to challenge a play. On a game ending play the request must be IMMEDIATE. If the umps walk off the field your done.
    Sooo many times I said to myself..man every break is going against us, maybe it just wasn’t meant to happen..This is another one of those times…

46. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Well, if the Giants are at Citifield next week, so will I…

47. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I really hope Cueto gets the Willie Mac award tomorrow…

• sandog said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:13 pm

I’m surprised you care who wins the Willie Mac award, Loo. You and Flav have been talking crap about how meaningless it is ever since Duffy got traded!

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Further proof of my severe schizophrenia…

48. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Jesus.. What has happened to baseball when a wall isn’t a wall anymore?
    No freaking yellow lines , no secondary walls for deception?Its freaking ridiculous anymore.Fuck even are park you hit a ball off the car it’s a double even those it’s over the wall, are a possible HR if it deflects off the headlight and goes over the wall.
    And then do the umpires go under the hood for a car review??

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Not as bad as football where a catch isn’t a catch anymore…

49. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Clod-orado…

50. Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:12 pm

A bunt!

51. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:16 pm

I’d send up Bum to PH here…

52. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Colo giving us some help.

53. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Got to get more. Wow. A LOT of help from Colo.

54. Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Error-nado.

55. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Rockies doing their best bad news bear imitation ever!!

56. zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:18 pm

That was pretty cool.

57. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:19 pm

I saw that friggin’ end to the Cards/Reds game. That was a ground rule double, that winning run should NOT have scored on that play. WTF is going on here — the umps left the building. They should be suspended without pay for a significant number of games. That is just bullsheit — a team in a pennant race is gifted a win because of a bad call, that the losing team wanted to protest, and would have been clearly reversed on replay, but couldn’t protest because the damn umpires left the field !!! I thought a game winning play is automatically replayable ? WTF ? …

• alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:28 pm

With you Snarkk their’s a conspiracy going on in StLouis tonight!!
      As Nipper would say Woof Woof!

58. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Haven’t seen it but that’s fucked up. I thought the NFL was bad. You can’t fuck with outcomes that badly.

59. Bozo said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Gotta love two runs scoring on a sac bunt.

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Shocking, you force the oppo to make a defensive play once in a while, and they might gift you a run or two. What a concept !….

60. xoot said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Arenado’s throwing error was fine for us, but wasn’t Cueto’s bunt beautiful in the first place? Great job.

• djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Sure was – and why the fuck is he running so hard with his leg injury?

• xoot said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:29 pm

I’ll bet he knows he’s ok, so, being Johnny C, he’s going all out

61. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Why doesn’t Belt just drop a bunt down the LF line? Auto RBI. They are goddam GIVING him the RBI. It’s like a gimme putt, but you say no, I’ll putt it anyway, and you miss it. I do NOT understand that shit. It is absolutely non-sensical…

62. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:29 pm

No shit. Even Cueto would score on that.

63. willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:32 pm

wow was watching reggae vids on y/t and Giants ground attack goes off as Rox throw the ball away.
    party in session as Michael Rose and Black Uhuru put it best.

64. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:41 pm

So I guess that’s it for Cueto this season unless they make the NLDS.
    Can’t wait to see who Bochy trots out there on Saturday…

65. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:43 pm

OK, it’s nervous time.
    3 runs up heading into the 8th…

66. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Lopez coming in to walk a guy…

• Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Or HBP.

67. alleykat69 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:48 pm

For a guy who hasn’t even had a AB with the Giants, Beckham is getting way to much hype!!
    He’s just the latest head massage player replacing Gary Brown for Hunter Pence…

68. willedav said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Parade’s on. At least Gomer got Arenado out, rare enough for this yard. Guy’s all world here tho having a rare off night in the field.
    Doubt he gets the MVP over a Cub tho.

69. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm

Or that. Fuck.

70. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Well that was cool.

71. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 9:57 pm

The Fresh Wince is on quite a roll…

72. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Kuip would rather die than retire the never funny and potentially tragic “ugly finder”
    I really thought the Eugenio incident would have ended it – but noooooo…

73. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Ball 5 there to Belt.

• Bozo said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:14 pm

…and ball six gets him an RBI.

74. unca_chuck said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Ball 6

75. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Helluva smoked RBI walk there by Belt !…

76. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:17 pm

I think the Giants have a shot at winning this one…

77. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:23 pm

MLB has some real ‘splainin to do on that end of the Reds/Cards game. That game did not end. It was given to the Cards. The Giants management should be PO’d, big time. Why have replay if the umps already left the building so you can’t challenge an obviously egregiously wrong game-ending call?…

78. Bozo said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:30 pm

The Giants win a series, the Giants win a series….

• zumiee said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:51 pm

79. Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:30 pm

So long Rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkies.

80. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:31 pm

Wow, Romo is getting people out in the 9th.
    This looks interesting…

81. Macdog said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:33 pm

7 runs with only 1 off an RBI hit.

82. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Cueto 18-5 for the season, should have had more wins if he had more run support in a handful of games…

• Lurker John said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Bum too.

83. snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:50 pm

Is Flemming actually on the announcing team any more? The guy is gone half the time “on assignment”…

84. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Snarkk…Not the umps fault ( after they all missed an easy call. MLB umpire has to know that the higher part of that wall is out of play. It wasn’t even close to the main wall. All the umps missed that???Epic fail). So after the fuck up missed call, the umps were correct. The challenge has to be immediate. That’s a lame MLB rule. They were even getting roasted by the guys on their own station!!

• snarkk said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:23 pm

If the umps leave the field, and the “winning” team is swarming the field in the typically idiotic jumping scrum, how can the “losing” team protest immediately, else waive the protest? Makes no sense…

85. mrsprtdude said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:00 pm

One series win down, one more to go. Mad Bum tomorrow is a must win considering we run into kershaw saturday

86. djloo27 said, on September 29, 2016 at 11:12 pm