Did We Really Get Screwed There?

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 30, 2016

The St. Louis Cardinals need to reconfigure that left field wall. It’s absurd that Molina’s ball was ruled a GRD. Price is whining about only having 10 seconds to decide and I agree with him about that. But he’s the manager, he’s supposed to know the rules and the configuration of the park. That ball CLEARLY hit up against the advertisement wall, anyone could see that. I’m not sure how all the umpires missed it when the announcers caught it right away (as well as Duvall, more on him in a moment). I’m assuming this happens a lot is St Louis because of that inexplicably configured wall. How is everyone playing and/or umpiring not critically aware of this?

And again, why would the Cardinals even be so dumb as to set this up to be so controversial? We’ve got ads out in left field, if the ball hits an ad it’s just part of the field of play. The way it looks to me, there is about an 8 inch (or so) break between the wall and the the ad wall above it. It may be set back slightly too, I can’t tell. But why create such a muddled situation? They are both walls, if a ball bounces off either one it should still be considered in the field of play. At the VERY least, paint a giant yellow line at the bottom of the ads to distinguish between the two walls.

A ground rule double is a ball hit fairly that leaves the field of play. Did Molina’s ball look like it reasonably left the field of play to any of you?

Duvall was interviewed after the game. Nobody had a better look at where that ball hit than him. He said “I definitely knew it hit the sign but I wasn’t sure if that was a ground rule double or not.” Look, the Reds deserve major blame in this, too. When we would play away softball games the first thing everyone did pre-game was walk the field with the ump and he would tell us what was considered a home run and what wasn’t. How, at the major league level, do you not inform your freaking left fielder about that stupid ass ad wall being a ground rule double? Shouldn’t their version of Wotus have gone over that with him? That’s just incompetence as far as I’m concerned. Duvall could have started screaming for their to be a protest/review but he just walked off the field because he didn’t know the rule…….

If you feel like laughing about this instead of steaming, this is a pretty funny tweet.

Hey Cards, Giants see your Devil Magic and raise you some Even Year Bullshit

1. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:31 pm

BUM!

2. willedav said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:32 pm

MR. Gameface followed by Bum with the LD rocket into corner.

3. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Hate this move…

• Macdog said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:32 pm

WTF is he doing up? And it weakens CF.

4. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Keep ’em coming in.

5. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Me too. Why the fuck is rally killer coming in?

6. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:33 pm

SMH on that fucking move…

7. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Rough night for McCarthy. 28 pitches 4 runs 0 outs.

Fuck yeah!!!

8. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Span is a better defender. I don’t know how much, but…..

• chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Agree, Charlie. Gorks misplayed one early, then had that great recovery of the wind-blown ball a couple of innings later…

9. zumiee said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Span got a hit; but I agree- this was Gorkys’ start, let him have his start.

10. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm

So huge after the bumbinos took the lead I the top of the 6th to storm back with an impressive rally! Just Win!

11. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I think he’s Gillaspie’s twin…

12. Macdog said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm

BELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTED!

13. Bozo said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Belt does it for Stix….

14. willedav said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Belt ends Rooster’s night.

• djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:38 pm

• chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:40 pm

LMAO, Loo! That is gold, brother!

• Lurker John said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:36 pm

LOL!

• zumiee said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:39 pm

The Giants can keep the Dodgers from having homefield advantage vs. the Nats. That’s a nice bonus.

15. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Get Peavy up!

• zumiee said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:40 pm

Do not do that. 🙂

16. wilcojoe said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:37 pm

The two tall Texan goes yard.

17. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:38 pm

BELTED!!!!

18. gianthead said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Nothing like the Fuckhead Fodgers coming into town to wake this fucking team up…outstanding….

19. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Where the fuck is Rooster? Cock-a-doodle-doo!

• djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm

20. gianthead said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Let’s destroy the Fodger bullpen and get in their heads for the rest of this series and hopefully they tank yet again in the playoffs…

21. sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Yep. There’s something going on between Ruiz and Buster. We need to put someone in the dirt.

22. gianthead said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Do we pull Bum to save the arm for wild card???

• djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:48 pm

• sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Great question. I say no. I don’t trust The Gauntlet with a 6 run lead against this line up.

• zumiee said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:00 pm

• sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Nice! Kind of summarizes our season in one photo.

23. sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Loo, I think your Johnny Drama look alike for Gillaspie is solid, but I am trying to come up with one of my own. I actually think I see a little Kurt Cobain in Gillaspie, but I don’t think that is one of my best.

• Lurker John said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:37 pm

Kurt couldn’t hit the curve.

24. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:04 pm

I love that Bum was hitting there, even if he doesn’t pitch the 8th.

25. sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:12 pm

I like it, I like it!

26. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Attaboy, Law!

27. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:13 pm

They should buzz this fucker, too…

28. Bozo said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:15 pm

CRAW….Hell Yeah!

29. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:27 pm

There very well may be a fight tomorrow if these plunkings keep happening.

Glad Belt didn’t break anything.

30. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:32 pm

They better not issue a warning before the game. That would be horse shit.

31. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:34 pm

“And the other one is nailed down by Pagan in left field,” Vin Scully said on the takedown.

32. xoot said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Casilla-later coming in with a non-save opportunity to drill a bum

33. chipower9 said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Just Win…

34. Lurker John said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:40 pm

Amy G. kickstarted the rally by not only coming up with the foul ball but stiffing the Dog-hair fan in the Valenzuela jersey. What a great, stunning and dramatic comeback!! GO GIANTS!!!!!!!

• zumiee said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:41 pm

35. sandog said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Well…despite taking a ton of hits, we somehow got the bus to City Hall and we still have a chance to get the nothing witness to the nothing trial.

36. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Crazy. We could have home field, on the road, or out of it. With 2 games left.

37. djloo27 said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:50 pm

• Lurker John said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Stix approves!

38. unca_chuck said, on September 30, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Ty Blach gets the nod for the start tomorrow.

39. sfsarge said, on September 30, 2016 at 11:15 pm

I’m sorry fellas l, but I haven’t followed the thread since about 5:30. But I have just had a real shitty night and I need to vent. My wife is pissed because I went out happy hour, although that was all I did was going to happy hour and have about 3 or 4 drinks. I inherited my grandmother’s house and my drug addiction father has been living there rent free since about 2009. My grandma passed last year and she left the house toyou my brother and I. We have the house on the market and it has been somewhat of an ordeal getting it legally transferred to our names and getting all of the inspections done so we can sell it. (My Realtor is a real stickler about that.) My drug addict dad is still there and is going to stay there until the new owners take possession of the house. My wife is giving me shit because we didn’t move him out today as we had planned before. But, the first buyer for the house backed outhe, and we didn’t have theone year to pay him to go away like I planned, so he is still there. My wife is pissed because I’m not splitting hotel costs for my dad with my brother. My brother doesn’t care too much about where my dad goes, but I do so I wasn’t going to ask him to help me with that part and my wife is pissed about that. So, long story short, I’m in the dog house right now and it sucks. Didn’t get nearly enough of a skink on, because I remember everything I did today. And for the record don’t go to Mikkeler bar, because they are a bunch of snobby hipster assholes.

• snarkk said, on October 1, 2016 at 1:11 am

Feel ya, sarge.
      Hope things improve…

40. eddacker said, on September 30, 2016 at 11:50 pm

Hang in there sarge, it’s family!
    And the entanglements selling a house after a death are legendary and many times the lawyer fees are worth it.

And how about those gmen? Playing like the team we remember. Wonder if they can get a 16 game win streak going as they sputter back to life?

Or are these games just the involuntary twitches of Lazarus?

GO GIANTS.

and how can sarge’s wife be anything but happy after that win tonight?

41. mrsprtdude said, on October 1, 2016 at 12:06 am

Huge win. Nuff said

42. Flavor said, on October 1, 2016 at 3:59 am

yes, hang in there Sarge. Family shit sucks. Sounds like you’re dealing with more than the usual these days. Glad you felt like this is a place you can vent. It is.

43. mrsprtdude said, on October 1, 2016 at 6:19 am

Playoffs on the line and Ty Blach is the best we have?? Not good

• djloo27 said, on October 1, 2016 at 7:15 am

It feels like a forfeit with Kershaw going. A win today would be nothing short of miraculous.
      I bet Belt sits after getting plunked on the hand or wrist last night.
      Where’s Salomon Torres when we need him?