Old and Older

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on February 18, 2017

Aaron Hill, Just Ruggiano, Mike ReMorse, Jimmy Rollins, that Korean guy whose name I can’t remember…..

Bochy has got to look at that list and snap-order his wife to saran wrap their valuables. The Giants have recommitted themselves to their comfort zone. Vets, vets and more vets.

I really hope Aaron Hill has something left. For once I’d like to see a bat on the bench that’s not a wet noodle.

1. willedav said, on February 18, 2017 at 8:11 am

Agreed, but where would Hill play/who backs up SS? If he sticks I’d imagine Gameface is toast.
    Would have loved to see these guys fighting for backup role behind Turner at 3b.

Man, this f-ing rain. I drove to work in it at 9 AM, drove to b-ball practice in it raining much harder at 5:30, drove to burger afterwards at 8 with coaching buddy of mine (Habit, I love that place) and then home hour plus later and it was still raining.
    Dang it..4 years of drought and now the deluge.

Kyrie is that classic example of how you should shut up and listen in order to learn something, as opposed to opening your mouth and letting everyone know how stupid you really are.

2. willedav said, on February 18, 2017 at 8:33 am

Love the POTD, btw. I liked Nukes, thought he was good guy and paying Rowand off to go away after he’d become totally toxic was a long overdue move.
    Baer is marketing whiz (in other words BS artist) and nothing more.

Cubs aren’t sitting on their laurels, making multiple moves to improve their team. Giants, an eyelash away from possibly eliminating them with Cueto on the hill, are content to sit back and watch and dumpster dive. Not a good plan; they consistently overvalue and overpay what they have and now they are pulling the “luxury tax ate my roster” excuse. This strategy cost them dearly last year in regard to bullpen and team depth.

3. alleykat69 said, on February 18, 2017 at 9:31 am

That’s just it Willied,
    Giants get Melancon who might have even beat out the freakin dogpile for the pennant and top seed,certainly would of done the job against the Cubs,and sent the team to another W/S yet they didn’t recognize a faltering Casilla and a shaky at best pen to upgrade? Moore& Smith good pickups that should workout and I really think Moore could have a big season, but 2 sit back and dumpster dive again with “Tin Man from Wizard of OZ ” players when once make a big splash for a stud OF especially Cespedes like Loo mentioned 2 years ago who only cost dough instead of players are comp picks still ticks me off… But whatever they still seem to compete everyear and the 3 championships prove that, just wish they weren’t so stubborn in their unlogical thinking..

• Flavor said, on February 18, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Yes. Dude sux. He’s generated some internet rabble because he was a former First Rd pick but he’s just a guy the Yankees completely whiffed on

• Irish Kevin said, on February 18, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Alright then, so signing old guys and young wannabes, Giants doing what they do best.

4. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on February 18, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Chris Haft says the Giants are “…continuing to chant their mantra of depth and experience…” by adding all these older infielders and outfielders to back up a fairly well set starting lineup. Obviously need some veteran presence off the bench, but I don’t see anyone in this bench bunch that I would bring in for defensive purposes late in a game, which clearly is one major role of the bench. Let’s watch who’s getting the playing time in the OF the first couple weeks of ST, when Pence and Span will likely be nursing aches and pains as a foreshadowing to the regular season. I’m betting a trade will be needed before the end of ST for the OF.

5. Macdog said, on February 18, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Super 70s Sports: Kyrie Irving loses 3-point contest as he fails to take Earth’s rotational force into account.