Nice Catch, Man

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on March 20, 2017

I’m not insane, I did watch a replay of the Adam Jones catch in the WBC. Impressive. Not even close to the best I’ve ever seen. It looked better than it was because the wall is low and there was a bunch of American flag stuff in the background. But it was a nice catch.

I watched the Mays catch again just to experience the true beauty and aura of a perfect catch. I wasn’t born yet when they played at the Polo Grounds. What a mess those dimensions were.

That was an ominous blurb Loo posted at the end of yesterday’s thread wasn’t it?

Also, if I never have to see another gif of that silver spooned shithead crybaby Northwestern fan, I will consider my life mostly complete. I’d like to send that kid to Syria for a week to give him something real to tantrum over.

1. chipower9 said, on March 20, 2017 at 7:32 am

I know I am in in the minority, but I am digging the WBC. We had friends over Saturday night for dinner, and once they were gone and Gail had gone to bed, I tee’d-up the US-Dominican game. Damned good game…very enjoyable. I would definitely watch a WBC game over some of the MM games, and have. So, no more worrying about Cueto having to pitch for the DR. I did hear where Melancon has joined team USA.

2. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 7:37 am

Apparently, by all reports, Adam Jones is a well-respected clubhouse leader of the U.S. team, pumping up team spirit.

3. willedav said, on March 20, 2017 at 7:39 am

Front page of Chron sporting green begs to differ with the Byrne guy re: Loo’s post.

Span, who was coming off 3 different surgeries in 2015, said he didn’t have good off season prior to 2016 because he was rehabbing from surgery and icing. Said he felt behind the 8 ball and didn’t trust his legs or his hips as season started. But feels great now after spending more time this off season on conditioning, more like before 2014 when he hit .302 .355 OB yada yada.

Not gonna change anyone’s mind, but he did hit .287 in second half, after .248 first half (with career high 11 bombs), and said he felt better physically as season progressed.

4. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 7:44 am

I thought of Willie yesterday. Amy G. was working the game, which is one thing; but she was doing the in-game interviews, cracking jokes, and saying “but seriously.” Oh man. Not must-see TV.

• willedav said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:17 am

Oh shoot, my girl is still on the job? Props to whoever invented the mute button.

Ros has been doing on court interviews during NCAA games that were in Sac and she’ll probably get the games here in San Jose for West regional. Her replacement at Warrior games is OK, Karith something. Ros did pregame stuff for Women’s Pac 12 Tourney; she’s going places…hopefully far enough away from Warrior games.

• Flavor said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:37 am

Ros is very good, surprised she hasn’t gotten snapped up for bigger and better things. Same goes for Britney Eurton at TVG. She is outstanding and hot and I don’t understand why TVG is the ceiling for her in broadcasting.

5. willedav said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:28 am

Baggs said Williamson has a muscle problem in legs so Giants are being cautious. He is hitting .324 2 bombs.
    Pence is hitting .125 and feels off.

How does OF shake out? Someone has to back up Span and play CF, so I guess Gorkys would be front runner. If they left Mac on the DL if he wasn’t 100 %, would that open up a spot on bench? Or is he going down anyway if SF figures Parker is everyday guy?

Arroyo is sent down and in Baggs story Giants said he should still be aware he’ll be moved around on IF–and if Hwang wound up in Sac they’d have to get him enough ABs at 3b. If either of these guys come up, who would they replace, assuming Hwang doesn’t make the club?

Rollins BA last time I looked was down around where Pence BA is…hope he doesn’t cost Specs a job.

6. Flavor said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:35 am

Chi– here’s the question: you may have watched the WBC after Gail went to bed but would you ever wake her up from a deep slumber for some rat-tat-tattling over something that happened in the WBC? I already know the answer is no.

• chipower9 said, on March 20, 2017 at 10:02 am

You nailed it bro…oh hell no. I knew the game was sitting there on my DVR and ready for my viewing at any time, so Gail and I got the preliminaries outta the way before I fired-up the game. I mean there are priorities… šŸ˜‰

7. chipower9 said, on March 20, 2017 at 10:49 am

This may be old news, but I just heard about it this morning…Dwight Clark has ALS. What a bummer. “The Catch” will always be one of the pre-imminent sports memories for me. Wishing “87” the best…

8. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 12:50 pm

Bam-Bam is managing the Netherlands team that made the final four.

9. chipower9 said, on March 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Cueto with a nice outing today…

5.0 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 3 Ks, 0 BB.

10. Macdog said, on March 20, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Pav tweet: Will Smith is coming off the mound with trainer Anthony Reyes.

• Flavor said, on March 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm

why the fuck even give this guy an MRI and say there’s nothing there. There is and was obviously something wrong. FUCK!

11. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Some really stupid baserunning from the Netherlands team, from two guys who are major leaguers.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Then a guy on their team hits a 2-run bomb. Nice bat-flip.

12. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Correa answers with a 2-run bomb.

13. wilcojoe said, on March 20, 2017 at 6:35 pm

That was a very entertaining first inning.

• xoot said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:37 pm

Schulman’s tweet description of that inning is one of the best things he’s ever written

14. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Yadier with yet another mound visit. I can see why MLB would want to limit those.

15. willedav said, on March 20, 2017 at 7:35 pm

wow just got in and Warriors up 25 in OKC, garbage time, without Durant. Greg Anthony just gave Ron Adams credit for UNLV famous Amoeba D under Tark. Never heard that one before.

16. Macdog said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:48 pm

WBC game on at work. Almost 3 hours long and only the 6th inning. Does that include any intentional walks?

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:50 pm

A couple of those. šŸ™‚

17. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:55 pm

I never get tired of blimp camera shots.

18. alleykat69 said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Mike Hargrove isn’t managing a WBC team is he?

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Yeah, there are pace-of-play issues tonight.

19. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Pagan has looked pretty good in this tourney. He’s helped his cause.

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Doesn’t mean he won’t break down in June, though.

20. alleykat69 said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Zumie.. Who do you think gets a job 1st Pagan are Kappy?

• zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Pagan.
      Kap is getting black-balled.

21. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:08 pm

3 hours to get to the 7th inning stretch in a 3-3 game.

22. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Jansen looked pretty awesome.

23. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Extra innings, why not?

24. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Blowing past the four hour mark.

25. zumiee said, on March 20, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Pagan is going to the finals.

26. djloo27 said, on March 21, 2017 at 4:33 am

If nothing else, the WBC is a great opportunity for unsigned players to publicly audition…