Pablo Is BACK Baby!!!!!

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on September 9, 2017

Screenshot 2017-09-09 at 7.08.59 AM

In hindsight, we should have seen the run scored on Sept 5th as a harbinger for last night’s offensive explosion….

The Dodgers DO have something to worry about. They are starting to stagger into a post season with one dominant pitcher (as usual). The non-Kershaw’s? Not looking reliable. Hill and Wood are both 2 guys who are not known for finishing the season strong. And Darvish, as I said a few days before he hit the DL, is still hurt. Maybe I should have grabbed Roberts by the collar and stuck one in his ear hole: “He’s fucking injured!!!!!!!!”

Ryu? Maeda? Good luck running those chumps out there.

The only thing I’m bummed about is that this epic collapse started a month early. It was going to be so much sweeter to watch it all disintegrate around them as the POST SEASON started….

I’m re-posting this every Sat morning till I get sick of it which will be never:

1. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:42 am

yesterday I was talking to a buddy of mine and caught myself being one of those fucks, talking about the human element of the game and that sometimes it’s just about being a good scout….
    That’s actually how I imagine it is at James’ house. He’s stomping around the living room of his home loudly lamenting those fucks(!) to no one in particular while his wife quietly and patiently saran wraps and unwraps their furniture multiple times a game…..

2. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 8:10 am

Dodger fans haven’t needed to wrap their furniture lately.

3. willedav said, on September 9, 2017 at 8:14 am

Nice to know there is a yard Sando can rake in. So trade him there, now.

4. willedav said, on September 9, 2017 at 8:18 am

yes, beside Seager injury to elbow, Dodgers pitching failing them is definite cause for concern.

In the AL, teams that have allowed fewest runs and have best pitching: Boston Cle NY. Red Sox, btw are dead last in the AL in bombs, despite playing in very friendly yard and some others in their division. But their pitching is tops and they have superior OF defense. Interesting recipe for success.

5. snarkk said, on September 9, 2017 at 10:49 am

3. Cubs
    4. Dbacks
    5. Reds
    6. Doghairs
    14. Giants

6. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 12:42 pm

That Tigers fan looks like a young Hector Sanchez.

7. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 12:50 pm

i’m only watching some of this game today because at 5:30 the Cardinal get to go mow down USC. I have no idea why they are favored by 6 points, I think the Cardinal win this game fairly easily tonight….

8. snarkk said, on September 9, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Stanford was pretty impressive last game.
    Against RICE…. ha ha
    At least the Bears played a decent team N. Carolina and stole a win on the roadie.
    And they are playing a powerhouse today — Weber State…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 12:57 pm

down on The Farm we take the big picture approach my man. Macro Rose Bowl shit. Single game analysis is for the Bears. I mean birds. Sorry.

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Dude, anytime I can get a legit shot in onto Shaw’s squad, I will. 😉
      Stanfoo should take SC. The only guy who can stop Stanfoo from great things is Shaw…

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Shaw is fine for their program. Stanford football isn’t about being flashy. I would have been so bummed had the Niners some how hired him but I never thought for a second he would leave The Farm.

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Sept football is mostly just practice anyway. You can certainly fuck up your season with a loss but Cardinal fans are looking at January football more than Sept football. Still, I never miss a chance to shove something down USC’s throat and that’s exactly where that -6 line is going this evening. Right down their fucking throats.

9. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Cleveland wins their 17th in a row. Shazam!

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:24 pm

I know a Cle fan who’s all excited and I keep telling him that he’s shooting his load way too early–just like his team.

10. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:25 pm

I’m glad Pablo hit an HR last night, but he needs to go away next season.

11. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:28 pm

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:58 pm

All of us that played hoops for school teams in those long-gone eras are aghast looking back at the shorts we had to wear.

12. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I can’t remember where I heard this story or the details of it so maybe I have some/most of this wrong: but I recall that members of the Grateful Dead (or maybe it was Ken Kesey) once tied themselves to palm trees in Florida and dropped acid while a hurricane blew threw…

13. snarkk said, on September 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

It blows my mind that some people are riding out Irma while in Key West.
    I’ve been there 3 times, I love that place.
    But, the highest natural point on the island is probably 6 feet above the sea level.
    So, unless you’re in some second or third floor of something that’s not going to blow away, a storm surge of 8 feet or higher is not a good thing…

• snarkk said, on September 9, 2017 at 2:13 pm

Last time I was there I was celebrating with my brother on his 50th. That night, we got S faced at one of the outdoor bars, it was a hoot. He had about 7 or 8 big Planters Punches. Trust me, that’s about 4 too many. Throw in some fresh fish dinner, and a couple of Partagas Coronas. I had to get us back to the hotel, he was more blotto than I’d ever seen him. Got in about 2 am, we had to get up at 6 to catch a fishing boat. That was brutal. But, I did catch a beautiful 15 lb Permit. A Permit is an awesome type of “Jack” fish, that you generally fish for in the flats. Google for a photo. Spin fishing, you get in front or on back of a flats boat with polarized dark glasses and look for a forked tail point straight out of the water — they forage with their heads down on the flats bottom looking for crabs and snails and such. Hard to see, but after a while, you get the hang of what to look for. (The flats are only about a foot to 2 feet deep). So, one time, I saw a tail about 60 feet out, fired my crab bait right near it (I’m pretty handy with a fishing rod), and that crab plunked about a foot away from that fish. Bullseye, baby. I let that crab just settle in. About 5 seconds and BANG. What a fight, about 15 minutes to get Mr. Permit in the boat on light spin gear with a couple of outrageous spool runs on a medium drag. Absolutely gorgeous fish. Photo and release. Great day in the Keys…

14. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 4:11 pm

A James Shields sighting!

15. djloo27 said, on September 9, 2017 at 4:40 pm

OH GOOD!!!

16. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 4:43 pm

I’d forgotten Shields was toiling in obscurity for the White Sox.
    Smarj is toiling in obscurity for the Giants.

17. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 5:16 pm

pretty irritating that Lame Game James is shutting us down. Everyone lights him up. Oh well, Cardinal soon……

18. wilcojoe said, on September 9, 2017 at 5:17 pm

All of the San Jose State coaches wore “Houston Strong” tshirts in today’s game against the Longhorns. Super classy move by the Spartans.

19. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Smarj is hopelessly mediocre.

20. James said, on September 9, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Only the inhuman elements of the game keep me human!

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 6:05 pm

21. willedav said, on September 9, 2017 at 6:33 pm

“exactly where that line is going.” hope you took the over, which was 55. As SC scores again in 4 plays after Stanford did the same thing, that’s 35 points in less than 20 minutes. Don’t think this is type of game Shaw looked forward to.

22. willedav said, on September 9, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Chryst did play HS ball at Paly tho, didn’t he? kid I coached in b-ball middle school is now an assistant for football over there.
    Wound up wide receiver at Brown, graduated and working here in Bay Area.

• Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Yes. He’s been pretty shitty tonight, too

23. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Check out the lolly-pop throw from Gorkys to the relay guy that allowed Abreu to get a triple. Gorkys can make some great catches, but his D isn’t as great as Kruk and Kuip think. It annoyed me because it gave Abreu the cycle.

24. Macdog said, on September 9, 2017 at 6:55 pm

I see someone is pitching now who in a couple years I’ll have absolutely no recall of him playing for the Giants.

25. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:06 pm

If Bochy wants another season of this, he’s a dang hardy soul.

26. Flavor said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Stanford D has been atrocious. Secondary supposed to be a strength this year. I’ll give them a mild pass because this usc qb is really good. But this first half was an enormous let down

• willedav said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Seems both SC lines outplaying Stanford.

27. Macdog said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:22 pm

The Jets’ future QB looks pretty damn good.

28. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:23 pm

Arenado hot-dogs it and makes an error.

• zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Gift run for the Dodgers.

29. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm

Jeebus. Shaw needs to stop the sweeps. Foo is having success running up the middle so natch he runs wide on 3rd and 5 for an 8 yard loss.

30. unca_chuck said, on September 9, 2017 at 8:32 pm

Stanford just kicked that ball into the end zone. It didn’t go out out bounds or get touched. It should have been a live ball.

31. zumiee said, on September 9, 2017 at 9:41 pm

Dodgers lost again. It’s a beautiful thing.

32. snarkk said, on September 10, 2017 at 10:26 pm

The ChiSox starter today, Fulmer, had been getting rocked in his last string of starts. Over 6 ERA coming in.
    Today he gave up one run, struck out 9 SFers in 6 frames.
    He never struck out that many in any game of his entire minor league career….