Where There’s Smoke…..

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on November 11, 2018

I’m 200 miles away and yet that distinct smoke smell is everywhere I go. I’ve never been to Paradise, Ca but the last few days I’ve been struck by how many people know people who live up there. Or I should say “lived up there.” It’s just tragic that an entire town can get erased in less than a day.

This is an incredibly sad article:

If you look west from my house there’s 280 and the hills behind that. Everything is so dry. It could all go up today. I’ve always wondered why terrorists don’t target an area like this. Billions of dollars of residential real estate. What’s stopping them?

1. zumiee said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:01 am

My wife’s parents had to evacuate in the Oroville area as a precaution. Scary times.

2. blade3colorado said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:05 am

I lived in Old Shasta (which was devastated by the recent Carr fire) for almost 7 years back in the 1990s, working at Shasta, Keswick, Trinity and Iron Mountain Dams . . .

I knew quite a few people from these areas – Redding, Chico, Lewiston, and of course, Paradise. Totally shocked by what has happened, first in the Redding area with the Carr fire a few months ago and now this fire.

Thank you for sharing this article Craig.

3. willedav said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:47 am

First off much appreciation to all those who served including guys who post/follow here.
    My godson’s lil bro is married to a gal currently serving at Moffett. He called yesterday to tell me she will be on the field at tmw Niners game as part of color guard. Nice gal and family/friends get to take advantage of some field passes/seats.

4. willedav said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:55 am

And I’ll give the same warning I gave to a friend a week ago—don’t sleep on Cal, who walked into Coliseum and took down SC for first time in forever. Yes SC isn’t very good and Cal doesn’t have near offensive firepower and level of talent of Stanford but their D held Wazzu to season low 19 points a week ago and they are tough across the board.

• snarkk said, on November 11, 2018 at 10:58 am

Amen. Dave Wilcox’ kid is getting some D installed at Cal, and it’s returning dividends. If they just had a better QB, they might have beaten Wazzoo. Very encouraging season. They’ve got a shot at Stanfoo, for sure. Definitely need to avoid turnovers. I still hate the Big Game not being the last game of the season. After, Cal plays Colorado for the last game. Just dumb…

5. Flavor said, on November 11, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Jesus, watch this crazy shit

6. Bozo said, on November 11, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Stay safe out der Y’all.

• djloo27 said, on November 11, 2018 at 3:52 pm

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 11, 2018 at 5:51 pm

One of the great all-time lines from TV… I still use that now and then in the right (or wrong) situation….

7. zumiee said, on November 11, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Yadier is playing some ball in Japan. 7 for 9 so far, with a 3-run HR.

• djloo27 said, on November 11, 2018 at 6:53 pm

If he’s clean, he is an absolute freak of nature…

• Flavor said, on November 11, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I’m guessing the competition isn’t the same. Also, why the fuck is that dude playing ball in Japan? Shouldn’t he be chilling out, banging hoes or whatever floats his boat in the off season? Man, if I had that dude’s bank account the last thing I’d do is the same thing I always do……

• djloo27 said, on November 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

While our catcher fiddles around on one hip…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

Yeah, I think I would also just take the off-season *off*… but maybe Japan is a nice change: easy competition, play good ball, and loads of current-day versions of geisha girls so he can also do some ‘chillin’ and whatever else *ahem* comes his way….

8. PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on November 11, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Craig, how did you know that was Rooster doing his obnoxious anti-49er posts the other day? Has he posted here under that name?

• Flavor said, on November 11, 2018 at 7:51 pm

just a guess.

• djloo27 said, on November 11, 2018 at 8:10 pm

I would hope the Rooster’s a little above that now.
        I think he’s got a couple of kids and is well into his 40’s, right?

• Flavor said, on November 11, 2018 at 8:16 pm

it’s not a long road to get there, my friend.

9. unca_chuck said, on November 11, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Yeah, he’s been dogging my site for a little while. Then again, I’ve had more that a few trolls. But he appeared right when Rooster did, spouting off about the Rams.

Dropped my son off in Chico today, and it’s smokier here than there. The winds must be due south, but the smoke is much higher in the air there.

• DieHardNinerFaithfulSince2011 said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Who’s Rooster? I’ve been a 49er fanatic since Jim Harbaugh was screaming his ass off on the sidelines. Old school Niner fans have told me of the legendary day when Willie Brown called Elvis Grbac a disgrace to mankind.

• djloo27 said, on November 11, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Dumbest thing Schottenheimer ever did was start Grbac coming off an injury over red hot Gannon in a playoff game that I’ve mostly forgotten…

• unca_chuck said, on November 11, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Yeah, the curse of the ex-49er QBs that KC signed. DeBerg, Bono, Grbac, Smith, and that guy named Joe. Speaking of joe, you could even throw Steve Fuller in there. He was the guy Walsh got talked out of signing in favor of John Ralston’s guy, Joe. Then again, Fuller led Bill to Dwight.

10. willedav said, on November 12, 2018 at 6:59 am

Fun fact from Chron: Cal and Stanford are both 6-4, SC 5-5 (games remaining vs. ND and UCLA) UCLA 2-8.
    Last time both NorCal teams had better records than SoCal—1951.