Spankmee’s Come to Town

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 26, 2019

Awesome game tonight that I will unfortunately be missing due to the Dubs being all-in with the pesky Clippers. The Warriors reign is over. I’m not saying they can’t win the championship this season but their reign of dominance has passed. It happens. Nobody stays on top forever. They had a good run….

We have the advantage playing the NL game in our park. Big Maple is a beast but I’m not writing this one off as an L just yet….

Sadly, our fans will be dwarfed tonight by the following of the Empire.

1. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:36 am

A much depleted Yankee offense these days.

• Flavor said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:58 am

They still have guys who can rake. Hopefully Bum man’s up tonight. They are definitely vulnerable.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:08 am

A ball hit off the wall in triples alley would land in Stan’s Sports Bar in the Bronx.
        What kind of odds could I get on the depleted Yanks going homerless in SF?

2. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:16 am

So long, Tyreek.
    So longer, Super Bowl.

• willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:28 am

Got star D lineman off Seachickens. Offense isn’t problem, is it? All these guys eventually come back.
      re: MAGA loving…if Bosa body slams Russell Wilson I’m his #1 fan.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:36 am

He’ll never play for KC again…

3. willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:31 am

In Loo’s vid on Havlicek Most is talking about Russell hugging him in the pile as fans storm the court. What happened before was, Celts were up 1 with the ball and Russell inbounding threw the pass off the guy wire holding up hoops in those days, which was violation that gave ball back to Philly with few seconds left and chance to win game 7.
    Russell told his teammates in the huddle, “You have to help me out.” And sure enough…

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:37 am

Phenomenal recollection, Willedav…

4. Macdog said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:53 am

There was another former hoops player’s passing from yesterday:

• willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:15 am

huh yeah I remember this guy, that’s too bad. Buffalo Braves, led by Randy Smith and later bob McAdoo, early version of Durant.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:18 am

Some white boys could really light it up back then.
      Maravich, Mount, Neumann…

5. alleykat69 said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:52 am

Loo,I have to feel sorry for NY Giants fans to have to deal with a complete moron in GM Dave Gettleman, this guy is clueless on how to run a team! The drafting of Daniel Jones 6th lol 😂 who’s going to be a bust and who they could of had at 17th cause no other team had any interest ( most teams had other qb’s rated higher and felt this guy was late 2nd 3rd rd)still blows me away,especially with the pass rusher from Kentucky sitting there for them..

• Macdog said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:57 am

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:04 am

I sure don’t feel sorry for the ones who’ve seen 4 SB titles or even the younger ones who’ve seen 2 of ’em.
      Nevertheless, the guy is pretty much getting crucified here…

• alleykat69 said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:23 am

He should be getting crucified , though no fault of himself.Nfl expert Todd McShay had him rated the 59th best player in the draft which equates to 3rd.Dwayne Haskins Ohio St 50 TD’s 8 picks 4,800 plus yards playing in the big 10 under extremely better competition and growing up in Jersey rooting for the Giants, slammed the choice and rightfully so.Jones will only be a backup at best in the NFL..

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 10:22 am

The GM is getting the flack, Kat.
        Nobody’s blaming the kid…

6. Dennis Zucchino said, on April 26, 2019 at 10:36 am

As promised , I’m here in SF with my wife Deb for 2 games, one each vs Yankees (fri) and LA (mon). 3 yrs ago , I came and saw 2 vs LA with no expectations and watched LA clinch. And now with a 3 game win streak and suddenly showing offensive life to compliment a better than avg. pitching staff and defensive, I am stoked to join my fellow fans to lose my voice and go insane making my Giants feel the warmth of their base….
    I may stand as the more optimistic of you all in expectations; but the chemistry and the history of being an underdog and overcoming is something I always believe is as important as numbers.
    This is a priceless experience especially for my 70th b-day.
    Go Giants!

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 11:35 am

Happy birthday and have a great time.
      My financially knowledgeable friend says you should take your RMD this year…

• pawliekokonuts said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:06 pm

We who have reached 70 have to start the RMD this year.

• unca_chuck said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm

Shit, I thought I was old (58 yesterday). Hah! Happy borthday, Dennis!

Good luck at the game tonight. Thinking about hitting tomorrow’s game.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:55 pm

HB, Chuck.
        You’re a young fella…

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Go, Chuck! Flap attendance is surprisingly poor to me. Even when we were younger…

7. pawliekokonuts said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Dennis, Mr. Optimist, have a blast! Maybe you’ll meet a Flapper or two?

8. pawliekokonuts said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Dennis texted me last night about seeing a sea of Giants hats in SF. It’s odd for us East Coasters. I heard the dog whistle of Giants’ fans twice today. Outside one coffee shop, I saw a Giants license plate holder on a Subaru with NY plates. I was ready to make a general announcement query inside, but my client actually wanted to have our meeting. My delusional illness was kicking in, I told her, but she was actually interested in real-life work. Then, at my regular shop, Freedom of Espresso, I minutes ago accosted John, a guy wearing an SF watch cap. Moved here from Santa Cruz for a job. Typically it’s the other way around. I gave him my Moo biz card that identifies me as a ‘gadabout’ and told him to check out my SFG books at Amazon. His family has had upper deck season tix for years. Then I walked up to him a few minutes later and showed him the webpage at Amazon for WORLD SERIOUS. Are there meds for my condition? Cuz the ones I’m taking ain’t working.

9. unca_chuck said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:20 pm

The NY Giants did worse than the Raiders. Which is something. Of all the guys to get, Ferrell was possibly gonna fall late and they could have had Josh Allen or Oliver. Their RB pick they could have gotten today. And Greedy the CB would have been a much better pick than the safety Adams, but that wasn’t a terrible pick.

I’m hoping the Niners get a WR, but if Greed is there, get him.

10. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:53 pm

11. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 2:54 pm

1. Kevin Pillar (R) CF
    2. Tyler Austin (R) 1B
    3. Brandon Belt (L) LF
    4. Buster Posey (R) C
    5. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
    6. Yangervis Solarte (S) 2B
    7. Brandon Crawford (L) SS
    8. Madison Bumgarner (R) P
    9. Steven Duggar (L) RF

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 3:59 pm

I doubt analytics ever support batting a pitcher 8th. Zaidi sees this and probably rolls his eyes, and doesn’t say anything out of respect for Bochy, which is as it should be. The next manager won’t be doing this.

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:00 pm

TF had a great phrase for it. He called it a manager’s “look at me” move. What a clever manager they are!

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:05 pm

At the time, TF was referring to LaRussa batting the pitcher 8th sometimes.

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm

TF was against the move, even with a good-hitting pitcher. And TF was never convinced that Bum was a good-hitting pitcher. I think he saw Bum’s 2014 season hitting as an outlier (2 grand slams!), and that, although Bum can hit the occasional HR, he also kills a lot of rallies. I remember TF making this point several times.

12. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:14 pm

A look at Bum’s hitting stats shows a .546 OPS, .185 batting average, 18 HRs, and 60 RBIs in 614 plate appearances. It’s hard to sneeze at the 18 HRs (and those two grand slams in ’14!), but whether Bum is a good-hitting pitcher I guess is in the eye of the beholder.

• Flavor said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:33 pm

he’s fun to watch hit, I don’t care what his numbers are. He’s probably the most interesting at bat of the game actually.

• unca_chuck said, on April 26, 2019 at 5:34 pm

He’s better batting cleanup. I mean, really.

Is Posey coming around? Or is this yet another mirage?

13. Flavor said, on April 26, 2019 at 4:33 pm

Don’t sleep on Greedy Gretchen—an underrated target of Jack Tripper’s, she couldn’t get enough cock……

14. Peter Biedermann said, on April 26, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Bum always fun to watch at the plate. Was hoping to see the Yank studs in this series…but…injuries are what they are. This is going to be a good series no matter what. Pitching….pitching…and hey…you folks know the rest.

15. xoot said, on April 26, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Bum’s numbers (so far) are good, and he’s always been a threat. His current OPS is third on the team, behind Pablo and Belt. Like Pablo, Bum’s done it with zero BBs. Belt, of course, has diversified his portfolio, as usual, with 11 BBs.

Zaidi probably shakes his head and smiles at the implicit critique when he sees this LU. Bum’s pitching may not be terrific, but at least he’s better at the plate than some position players. Subtle indictment, I’d say.

I attended a night game vs. the Rockies where Bum hit a grand slam. I can’t even remember which year, but I think Crawford, hitting eighth, walked with the bases loaded, and everyone in the ballpark rose to roar, while Bum walked to the plate. So we were all ready to fucking explode at what happened next. That was fun.

16. unca_chuck said, on April 26, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Got the Giants/Yankmees, A’s/Jays, Warriors/Clips, Sharks/Avs, and the draft.

The clicker is in overdrive.

17. willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:37 pm

According to KNBR guys, Chiefs just got Tyreek’s replacement.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Who did they draft this time, Ted Bundy?

• willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:41 pm

ha small speed guy out of Georgia, 4.3 40.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:48 pm

He’s already in trouble for homophobic tweets when he was a teen.
        I hate this fuckin’ world…

18. pawliekokonuts said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Who is TF? Tim Flannery? Titfuck? Help me out.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Twinfan!

19. pawliekokonuts said, on April 26, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Happy 58th, Chuck. ’58. Inaugural season in SF.

• djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:10 pm

The day Unca Chuck was born?

• willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:40 pm

very cool thx Loo. Love these. tommy davis at 3b? Miller with 3 no hit innings back of Sanford. He was really good and continued to pitch for Orioles after he left SF.
        Awesome Giants LU ala ’62. Hiller Pagan Davenport Kuenn Cepeda Mac Mays Felipe and Mateo.

20. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Unbelievable…

21. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 7:42 pm

A first inning run!
    And you all missed it…

22. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Belt sucks in LF.
    He doesn’t belong out there…

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:21 pm

He would be fine if he played there a lot instead of once every few weeks.

23. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:25 pm

I caught the early part of the game on a car radio. I’ve said it before many times- Kuiper is better on radio. He’s like a different guy in energy level. He clearly loves radio better than TV. It’s kind of sad, in a way, he doesn’t get to do the job very often that he truly loves.

• zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:28 pm

Well, I should say he does get to do radio, just not as the primary guy, which I think he would love to do.

24. willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:36 pm

2 out of 3 so far. sharks just went up 3-2 in 2nd, Warriors with nice first half up big on Clips.

• Macdog said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Durant scored 38 in the first half.

• willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:21 pm

yeah, he lit them up tonite. Williams having rare off night shooting for Clips, down 27 garbage time in 4th.

25. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Two costly fuck-ups by Belt in LF…

• PaulinAsia Banh Bao said, on April 26, 2019 at 8:59 pm

I’m all for versatile players, as Z seems to like. Good athletes who can play multiple positions. But not everyone is like that. Belt is a first baseman, one of the best in the game. Ridiculous they can’t find someone to man LF without pulling Belt from his 1 great position.

26. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:01 pm

I have to admit Bum is so hittable these days…

27. Macdog said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Bum getting roughed by the Trenton Thunder (Yanks AA team).

28. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:09 pm

Not a good “trade showcase” performance by Bum in front of the Yankees.

29. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:14 pm

Brave and correct use of the word “douching” by Krukow.

30. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Solarte emerges from coma…

31. willedav said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:20 pm

rbi double down line for Posey and bloop from Solarte, 5-3. Pax still throwing 98 after 100 pitches, wow.

32. djloo27 said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Twin was right.
    Mudbug can’t hit…

33. zumiee said, on April 26, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Rough book title.

34. mrsprtdude said, on April 26, 2019 at 10:58 pm

Hi all,
    Many of you know I’m a long time orthopedic physical therapist. You may not know i am also a registered investment advisor. Yes I like to be busy:)
    Re RMDs’…You must start withdrawals in the year you turn 70 1/2. not 70:)

Hope that helps the older flappers:)
    Thankfully we have KD. If Curry slowed by ankle sprain they will be in trouble.