Not Sweating Colorado Static

Posted in Uncategorized by Flavor on April 16, 2015

A buddy of mine who lives in Colorado, Scott Lamm, texted me this yesterday: “Getting tired of my Rockies dominating you guys yet?”

I laughed out loud. I think a text like this would have bothered me pre-2010. But now? I’ll let Scott count regular season wins. I’m busy counting World Series trophies.

So as you can imagine, I’m having a hard time getting too worked up about losing to the Rockies.

Paul (not Asian but living in Asia) made a good point yesterday. What do these guys have to press about? They are world champions. They didn’t become the worst team in the league overnight. You could say they were never the best team and you’d be wrong. If you win it all, you are the best. End of story.

1. snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Unreal.
    Idiotic ABs…

2. giants54 said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Aoki and Belt especially brain dead

3. snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:51 pm

With bags loaded, I’m wondering if these guys go up to the plate with an AB plan. Unless the plan is to swing at balls…

• James said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:54 pm

The first pitch to Belt should have ended the game.

4. Paul Sorensen said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:53 pm

I fondly remember the torture from 2010. That seemed like intelligent, inspired torture. 2014 version so far? Not so much.

• Paul Sorensen said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Sheesh. I don’t even know what year it is. 2015, obviously.

5. giants54 said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Not at all comfortable with Casilla here.

6. unca_chuck said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Oh joy. . . .

7. Paul Sorensen said, on April 16, 2015 at 10:58 pm

Is it just me, or does Casilla seem to perform so much better in actual save situations?

8. unca_chuck said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Hoopooooo doggies…

9. snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Can a Giant end this with a dinger? Pleeez..

• blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:04 pm

No shit. Been up since 5am (Mountain Time). My bed beckons . . . 😦

10. unca_chuck said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Aoli isn’t the sharpest tool on the shed, is he?

• snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:06 pm

I’ll have some of that on my veggies, please…

11. blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:06 pm

It’s all been said about Blanco. &@$%^

12. snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Not liking this part of the LU against Romo. Whatever they do, they can’t let Goldschmidt beat ’em…

• blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Actually, Goldie is death to lefties . . . So Bochy likes this matchup with Romo.

• blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Steal however made it a moot point.

• snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:14 pm

I don’t trust Romo with a power guy right now. No matter, they walked him anyway…

13. Paul Sorensen said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Kind of a dumb steal there, dude… though I don’t think Romo was going to give in much to Gschmidt anyway….

14. snarkk said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Gnight dudes, a pillow beckons..

• blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:25 pm

‘Nite snarkk.

15. Paul Sorensen said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:34 pm

Definitely some sparks tonight… still waiting for the fire to start…. but, getting there. Keep fighting…

16. blade3colorado said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Good night.

17. Bozo said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:37 pm

Gut wrenching. Tough, tough loss.

18. Macdog said, on April 16, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Brutal.

19. zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 12:11 am

Tonight was the first time I imagined the Giants without Belt. Posey at 1B and Susac catching, and Belt traded.

20. unca_chuck said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:21 am

Not pretty, eh?

21. Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:23 am

Terrible loss. Giants with two stellar opportunities to win the game late and only managed the tie. What I don’t understand is how a big league hitter, with the bases loaded and nobody out, can go to the plate not thinking, “I’m not swinging at ANYTHING

• wilcojoe said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:24 am

I went to bed after nine. Who did that LJ?

• Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:31 am

Aoki and Crawford. Aoki, in particular, had a miserable AB. Ended up striking out on 3 sliders well out of the strike zone, bases loaded, no one out. Terrible.

• Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:38 am

Willie, IIRC, Craw was up in that same inning but with two outs. He also waved at a slider out of the zone, then got smart and backed off to work the count full. Then he struck out on what would’ve been ball 4, on a FC out of the zone. Point being, he put himself in the hole by not approaching the AB thinking he was going to stand there until the guy threw strike one. To quote Charlie Brown, “Auuuugh!”

• Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:39 am

Joe, sorry. I haven’t had my coffee yet.

• Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:30 am

Hit the post button before I was finished:

until this guy throws me a strike.” NOTHING. The pitcher is in huge trouble in that situation, not the batter. With Chifrin’s filthy slider, Aoki and Craw are playing right into his hands by waving at those pitches out of the zone. If you go up with the previously mentioned mentality, you have no pressure, at least not until he throws a strike!

Aoki is then looking at at least a 1-0 count, probably 2-0. Make the guy come to you. FORCE him to throw the fastball. Unbelievably piss-poor professional situational hitting in that half inning. The only thing on Chifrin’s mind is to try to get the batter to offer at something out of the zone. AND YOU ACCOMODATE HIM!

FUCK!

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:06 am

Yeah, several guys had horrible ABs at crucial moments. They went hacker-crazy at the worst possible time.

22. xoot said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:41 am

The season is eleven days old and the Giants have played eleven games. They’re the only team stretched so hard. Some teams have played 10; some 9; a couple of teams in both central divisions have played only 8. The grind combined with the many early injuries has turned this into a very cruel April in Giants town. First rest day is Monday–then the bums come by to continue the month-long western division tournament. Right now they look beat. Extra innings last night was the last thing they needed.

• Lurker John said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:45 am

Fried the bullpen for the rest of the series for sure. I think part of it’s also what we saw in 2010 and 2012, World Series hangover.

23. zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:54 am

I have no idea who Britt McHenry is, but what a horrible display of behavior. The hate being spewed out in the towing garage video kind of blows my mind. I just don’t get that kind of behavior. We all get frustrated at times in life, but why so much hate for a person just doing their job, trying to make a living?

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 7:58 am

ESPN has suspended her for a week.

• eddacker said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:17 am

So sorry to hear about your friend, Britt, but not nearly as much as I am about Brandon Belt. I have been all in on Belt having the tools to be Snow, Clark and a SFGs star for years to come. The years have come. Belt has shown me very little to support my support for him. It is always sad when our heroes are naked. Love his defense, not bad speed for a big guy, love his eye-sight-understanding of the strike zone love the splash hits even when they go foul. But I may have to take a breath and think again if, as a player, he will ever be any more than he is.

• zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:21 am

I agree. I’m falling off the Belt-wagon.

24. zumiee said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:15 am

The McHenry video kind of reminds me of the Romney “47%” video. People caught in an unguarded moment, showing their disdain for huge amounts of people.

25. eddacker said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:24 am

I said it during spring training and I regret that now – because words have power and apparently I have jinxed this team of mine with mine. When I said this team had their ‘stranding runners at third’ in full season shape.

In honor of our BBOTD charmer with the big beautiful blue eyes and in the spirit of coming together: yes, yes, yes, “this team gets timely hits with runners in scoring position”. (repeat as necessary).

26. willedav said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:24 am

Didn’t see bitter end but bailed after the sacks loaded fiasco in 11th..
    I know there are issues with games played, injuries, yada yada, but Giants are better team and are better coached than AZ and Sherps…just not playing smart ball right now.
    And an L in April is still an L and doesn’t count any less than in June July August.
    Bozo’s tongue in cheek dig about playing teams with better records first post yesterday, still true.

Btw, how does an org like AZ come up with OFs like Pollock Peralta and even Inciarte?
    Plus a year ago they gave away Eaton to get closer, pretty questionable move.

27. Flavor said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:37 am

nuevo thread

28. willedav said, on April 17, 2015 at 8:40 am

ESPN gal has zero excuse, but towing cars for profit is a total scam that leads to big time expense and major hassle. I used to buy cars for a few hundred or less in my days of poverty and had one towed off the street once–I turned it over the garage guy because the fine etc was more than the ride was worth.

40 yrs ago I used to hit a latin jazz club on Green St.in North Beach, Cesar’s, run by the guy who used to run for mayor a lot Cesar Ascarrunz. Anyone who parked in front of the place was dead meat.